BRN Discussion Ongoing

Proga

Regular
Just imagine what the SP will actually do when we get a revenue announcement. With all of the developmental partnerships in play I wonder who will be the first to release a product or service containing AKIDA. Surely we must be getting close.
Should find out for sure in the next 3 months if MB are using Akida in their next gen MBUX and if Valeo are using it in their Scala 3 when they go on sale. I would presume BRN would have to announce it. If not, royalties, however small at first would be in the Dec qtr 4c. MB sold 503,500 in the first qtr of the year. Scala 3 will be in multiple manufactures vehicles.

1689836155138.png

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 26 users

Xray1

Regular
LOL, I can say i am finally learning with BRN ;). I saw the PS ann thought, maybe its time to buy some more? Then I said, nah wait a week and pick some up for at least 5% less
LOL ...... I think that maybe you should have waited for the 4C to come out ;););) ....... time will tell !!

Reactions: 1 users

TECH

Regular
Today just reflected the typical pattern that we have become used to, no problem.

We all know the big accumulators just like to accumulate, and for very good reason, I do get the feeling though, they are just churning
their own shares over and over, no mug would off load unless it was really necessary, but I've been wrong a number of times over the years.

We know you are all waiting for the big R to reveal itself, but to put it bluntly, products are the first port of call as if successful it means
repeat after repeat after repeat, year after year after year, that's what we really want to see, don't we ?

On contacting Tony the other day, some of you may have wondered like me, where is the quarterly update that was scheduled for July, slight
mistake, it's coming around the middle of August, maybe slightly earlier, so once the 4C is laid bare, fire up your questions for Tony to vet and
present to Sean, no excuses, get those bugging questions in, this is your opportunity.

Cheers all, from a wet night back in NZ.....Tech 🌧️🌧️

Reactions: 19 users

Easytiger

Regular
Should find out for sure in the next 3 months if MB are using Akida in their next gen MBUX and if Valeo are using it in their Scala 3 when they go on sale. I would presume BRN would have to announce it. If not, royalties, however small at first would be in the Dec qtr 4c. MB sold 503,500 in the first qtr of the year. Scala 3 will be in multiple manufactures vehicles.

View attachment 40401
Show me the money!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
On contacting Tony the other day, some of you may have wondered like me, where is the quarterly update that was scheduled for July, slight
mistake, it's coming around the middle of August, maybe slightly earlier,
I'm confused here. isn't it supposed to be out by the end of July?

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

ODAAT

one day at a time
Reactions: 9 users

Makeme 2020

Regular
Today just reflected the typical pattern that we have become used to, no problem.

We all know the big accumulators just like to accumulate, and for very good reason, I do get the feeling though, they are just churning
their own shares over and over, no mug would off load unless it was really necessary, but I've been wrong a number of times over the years.

We know you are all waiting for the big R to reveal itself, but to put it bluntly, products are the first port of call as if successful it means
repeat after repeat after repeat, year after year after year, that's what we really want to see, don't we ?

mistake, it's coming around the middle of August, maybe slightly earlier, so once the 4C is laid bare, fire up your questions for Tony to vet and
present to Sean, no excuses, get those bugging questions in, this is your opportunity.

Cheers all, from a wet night back in NZ.....Tech 🌧️🌧️
What are they hiding...

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 users

Makeme 2020

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

FlipDollar

Never dog the boys
Just a shout out to the crew that seem to always jump on the forum and criticise the company whenever the share price drops. No sign of any of you this morning. I’m so proud of you all.
You’re coming across as a bit of a dick yourself tbh

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Slade

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Sad
  • Fire

Proga

Regular
Bugger, I was right. MB is going to switch over to IRIS (Luminar) but probably not for another 2-3 yrs and only at first in their bread-and-butter vehicles. Article says mid decade. They also said the same about their new gen MBUX saying the younger buyers are more tech savvy and they wanted feed back.

IRIS is mounted on the roof for the extra distance. All those youtube videos I went through yesterday reviewing the unveiled 2024 models so far said the Lidar was cleverly hidden in the front grill so looks like they'll be using Scala 3 for the next couple of years and longer for their luxury models. The 2024 vehicles should have the full version of MB.OS for the first time.

Mercedes inks multi-billion dollar deal with Luminar​

Business news | February 22, 2023

At an investor meeting, Mercedes Benz announced important decisions regarding future electronics and software for its vehicles. According to this, the company will equip its mass-produced models with Lidar sensors from Luminar. And when it comes to navigation, the carmaker entered into a close cooperation with Google.​

The Stuttgart-based car manufacturer has already been working with Luminar Technologies for two years. Now the two companies plan to intensify and expand their cooperation – Mercedes reportedly will integrate Luminar’s next-generation Iris lidar sensors into the next generation of its bread-and-butter vehicles (if one can speak of bread-and-butter in this luxury segment). This generation is expected to hit the market around the middle of the decade. The lidar sensors will enable accordingly equipped vehicles to drive at SAE autonomy level 3 – which means that the car will be able to roll along without driver interaction on certain roads; however, the driver will need to be able to assume control within a few seconds. According to media reports, Mercedes’ decision for Luminar is also a defeat for its competitor Valeo: The latter’s Lidar sensors are more complex in design and contain more mechanically moving parts than Luminar’s comparable models, they say (interesting).

According to Luminar, the performance of the Iris sensor is tailored to meet the demanding requirements of Mercedes-Benz for a new conditionally automated driving system that is planned to operate at higher speed for freeways, as well as for enhanced driver assistance systems for urban environments. It will also be simplifying the design integration with a sleeker profile. This multi-billion dollar deal is a milestone moment for the two companies and the industry and is poised to substantially enhance the technical capabilities and safety of conditionally automated driving systems.

“Mercedes’ standards for vehicle safety and performance are among the highest in the industry, and their decision to double down on Luminar reinforces that commitment,” said Austin Russell, Founder and CEO of Luminar. “

At the same time, Mercedes plans to open up its MB.OS operating system for the integration of Google Maps. However, Google navigation in the luxury cars from Stuttgart is to be Mercedes-branded. Mercedes will adopt geodata, real-time traffic, predictive traffic information and dynamic route changes from Google Maps. Google will also provide location-based information such as details of petrol stations, shops, hotels, restaurants and tourist attractions on the dashboard of Mercedes vehicles.

This decision is probably due to the realisation that the data of the mass-produced Android smartphones with Google navigation are clearly superior to the considerably more expensive built-in navigation systems of the various OEMs in terms of accuracy and real-time information. A corresponding long-term cooperation between Google and Mercedes is to start this year. Older vehicle models will also be able to benefit from the deal – they will receive the Google data and services via an OTA update.

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 18 users

Foxdog

Regular
Bugger, I was right. MB is going to switch over to IRIS (Luminar) but probably not for another 2-3 yrs and only at first in their bread-and-butter vehicles. Article says mid decade. They also said the same about their new gen MBUX saying the younger buyers are more tech savvy and they wanted feed back.

IRIS is mounted on the roof for the extra distance. All those youtube videos I went through yesterday reviewing the unveiled 2024 models so far said the Lidar was cleverly hidden in the front grill so looks like they'll be using Scala 3 for the next couple of years and longer for their luxury models. The 2024 vehicles should have the full version of MB.OS for the first time.

Mercedes inks multi-billion dollar deal with Luminar​

Business news | February 22, 2023

At an investor meeting, Mercedes Benz announced important decisions regarding future electronics and software for its vehicles. According to this, the company will equip its mass-produced models with Lidar sensors from Luminar. And when it comes to navigation, the carmaker entered into a close cooperation with Google.​

The Stuttgart-based car manufacturer has already been working with Luminar Technologies for two years. Now the two companies plan to intensify and expand their cooperation – Mercedes reportedly will integrate Luminar’s next-generation Iris lidar sensors into the next generation of its bread-and-butter vehicles (if one can speak of bread-and-butter in this luxury segment). This generation is expected to hit the market around the middle of the decade. The lidar sensors will enable accordingly equipped vehicles to drive at SAE autonomy level 3 – which means that the car will be able to roll along without driver interaction on certain roads; however, the driver will need to be able to assume control within a few seconds. According to media reports, Mercedes’ decision for Luminar is also a defeat for its competitor Valeo: The latter’s Lidar sensors are more complex in design and contain more mechanically moving parts than Luminar’s comparable models, they say (interesting).

According to Luminar, the performance of the Iris sensor is tailored to meet the demanding requirements of Mercedes-Benz for a new conditionally automated driving system that is planned to operate at higher speed for freeways, as well as for enhanced driver assistance systems for urban environments. It will also be simplifying the design integration with a sleeker profile. This multi-billion dollar deal is a milestone moment for the two companies and the industry and is poised to substantially enhance the technical capabilities and safety of conditionally automated driving systems.

“Mercedes’ standards for vehicle safety and performance are among the highest in the industry, and their decision to double down on Luminar reinforces that commitment,” said Austin Russell, Founder and CEO of Luminar. “

At the same time, Mercedes plans to open up its MB.OS operating system for the integration of Google Maps. However, Google navigation in the luxury cars from Stuttgart is to be Mercedes-branded. Mercedes will adopt geodata, real-time traffic, predictive traffic information and dynamic route changes from Google Maps. Google will also provide location-based information such as details of petrol stations, shops, hotels, restaurants and tourist attractions on the dashboard of Mercedes vehicles.

This decision is probably due to the realisation that the data of the mass-produced Android smartphones with Google navigation are clearly superior to the considerably more expensive built-in navigation systems of the various OEMs in terms of accuracy and real-time information. A corresponding long-term cooperation between Google and Mercedes is to start this year. Older vehicle models will also be able to benefit from the deal – they will receive the Google data and services via an OTA update.

Well ok, so what does this mean about our inclusion in other MB systems? This constant waiting for an announcement is infuriating, Lack of commitment is killing us here.

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Quatrojos

Regular
  • Haha
S

Straw

Well ok, so what does this mean about our inclusion in other MB systems? This constant waiting for an announcement is infuriating, Lack of commitment is killing us here.
Oh no. That is terrible. What shall we do.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
S

Straw

Thanks 😊
Edit: Just as well because the subversion/misdirection will work really well on me and I'll be blissfully ignorant.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha

MDhere

Regular
killing us or you?

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Proga

Regular
Hope like hell Jesse's 2 nuggets (@chapman89) are right, @Realinfo opportunistic run-in (love it) at The Fox Goes Free is another piece in the puzzle and sit tight.

We all feel the same way

• Fire

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Evening Chippers,

Little bit of movement in America with our ADR's.

As of open ....

BCHPY , up 6.47% @ $12.83USD, 989% up on average 65 day volume.
* Still bugger all volume in the scope of things.

Regards,
Esq.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Proga

Regular
Evening Chippers,

Little bit of movement in America with our ADR's.

As of open ....

BCHPY , up 6.47% @ $12.83USD, 989% up on average 65 day volume.
* Still bugger all volume in the scope of things.

Regards,
Esq.
Seems like someone wanted a reasonable parcel on low volumes and had to wipe a few lines to get. Thoughts?

It's down 16.18% atm

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 2 users
Top Bottom