BRN Discussion Ongoing

Vladsblood

Regular
Nice to see them engaged will be better to see them married on paper contract though!! LOL Vlad.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
Nice to see them engaged will be better to see them married on paper contract though!! LOL Vlad.
Haha, would you like to do the honour of being their celebrant.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
Nobody is talking about changing direction with in 1.5 months. This was done over 12 mths ago which is about the same period where nothing new has been said or reported by MB, Valero, Auto Journo's etc about Akida.

Valeo's Scala 3 performance is far superior than the luminar product.
If Akida is NOT in Scala 3 ill be more than happy to buy you a slab of beer Proga.

The best thing is there is 1 billion euros of orders already for SCALA 3, thats 1.63 billion AUD
So just say Brainchips joint development agreement with Valeo signed on (8TH JUNE 2020) is for 2.5% (just a guess) of Scala 3 revenue........ thats $40.7 million. Hopefully its a larger perecntage.

Akida generation 1.0 was a success, not a failure like many WANCA'S state.

1689314025390.png

Screenshot 2023-07-14 at 16-02-48 Joint Development Agreement Executed.png

Screenshot 2023-07-14 at 15-46-49 Valeo announces 2 new major contracts for its third-generati...png

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 65 users

TopCat

Regular

Grayscale AI. Software company so I wonder whose neuromorphic processing hardware they are using for those kind of improvement figures.

The Stack.​

Our sensor fusion system combines data from various types of sensors such as smart video cameras, radars, and event-based sensors.​

We use neuromorphic-processing hardware to accelerate and solve real-time fine-grain location & logistic problems using Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM).​

With up to 1000x less energy usage than a traditional processor.​

Up to 100x faster, too.​

We believe that time is the missing ingredient in unlocking the next wave of AI models. Using novel models such as Spiking Neural Networks (SNNs), we can take into account the temporal aspect of incoming streams of data.​

This paper is from 3 months ago and it states there is only 1 feasibly available neuromorphic processor.

IMG_3229.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 57 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Oh well ... Nothing to dance around to! ..... But at least it was a GREEN day and on a Friday!!!! :love:

Have a great weekend Chippers

Cheers

Celebrate Red Wine GIF by Hello All

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

Proga

Regular
A reply from Tony that I just received. Not that I needed any reassurances, but seriously can we stop the rumours.

Brainchip remains engaged with Mercedes.

Regards

Tony
Engaged how? What does that actually mean?

What rumours? It was only me speculating which I highlighted from the start so even the dumbest person wouldn't misunderstand. Some people need to get a grip 🥴. Too my people are jumping at shadows.

The unemotional technical conversation I had with Dio with input from others, proved it was feasible for MB to be using IRIS as their Lidar in their 2024 vehicles not that they actually are. It also showed there was scope for Akida to be used in IRIS not that it is.

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Engaged how? What does that actually mean?
You know you wont (yet) get an answer to that... so why ask lol

Maybe they are sharing chocolate brownie recipes? In any case, a persistent engagement between the two companies is positive IMO.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
nicki-minaj-chile-anyway.gif

...................Thought this may be interesting 🤔

Screenshot_20230714_162957_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Reminds me of the wine testing vid that our own TD did a while ago (Nov 2021)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users
Interesting little WIP thesis.

Would appear MB def want to know more on neuromorphic ;)

Dr. Sebastian Otte​

Cognitive Modeling
Wilhelm Schickard Institute
University of Tübingen

Supervised theses and student projects​

2022​

• Geoffrey Kasenbacher, Perceptually motivated classification of Interior Vehicle Noise with Spiking Neural Networks (master thesis, work in progress, in cooperation with Mercedes-Benz AG)

LinkedIn HERE

Geoffrey Kasenbacher​

PhD Student at Mercedes-Benz AG​

Mercedes-Benz AGUniversity of Tuebingen​

Berlin, Berlin, Germany​

754 followers 500+ connections​

Experience​

• Mercedes-Benz AG

Mercedes-Benz AG​

2 years 6 months
    • Doctoral Student​

May 2023 - Present 3 months
      Researching Neuromorphic Computing at Mercedes-Benz Research and Development team for AI Research
    • Data Science Working Student​

Feb 2021 - Apr 20232 years 3 months

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users
Shout out to Chapman for his tireless efforts promoting Brainchip. Without him I'd miss half of the posts connecting BRN to a myriad of current and potential partners. I use the term partners very loosely. Cheers mate.
The best!

Even has his own University :)

1689318113641.png

• Haha
Reactions: 19 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Further to the above post I see emotion3D will be premiering / exhibiting their product Cabin Eye software stack at the Mobility gig in Munich in Sept. MB will also be there.

But too soon for Akida I suspect.

Had a look at their jobs and one indicated they went with Ambarella over Jetson possibly (snip below). As indicated in the presso posted above, they were testing both it seemed.

Question for @Diogenese if possible or time. Given Ambarella CNN by looks, is it possible for Akida to be piggybacked / ported to the emotion3D product to run CNN2SNN off the back of the Ambarella process?

Edit: Looks like Texas Inst also tucked in there.

TIA.

View attachment 39967
Hi Fmf,

Well emotion3D think it is possible. There is a possibility that they will be using an Akida-equipped Raspberry pi at the demo. The initial purpose was announced as being to demonstrate in-cabin analysis.

https://brainchip.com/brainchip-par...to-improve-driver-safety-and-user-experience/
Laguna Hills, Calif. – February 26, 2023 BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP, today announced that it has entered into a partnership with emotion3D to demonstrate in-cabin analysis that makes driving safer and enables next level user experience.
“We are committed to setting the standard in driving safety and user experience through the development of camera-based, in-cabin understanding,” says Florian Seitner, CEO at emotion3D. “In combining our in-cabin analysis software with BrainChip’s on-chip compute, we are able to elevate that standard in a faster, safer and smarter way. This partnership will provide a cascading number of benefits that will continue to disrupt the mobility industry
.”

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Proga

Regular
Valeo's Scala 3 performance is far superior than the luminar product.
If Akida is NOT in Scala 3 ill be more than happy to buy you a slab of beer Proga.

The best thing is there is 1 billion euros of orders already for SCALA 3, thats 1.63 billion AUD
So just say Brainchips joint development agreement with Valeo signed on (8TH JUNE 2020) is for 2.5% (just a guess) of Scala 3 revenue........ thats $40.7 million. Hopefully its a larger perecntage.

Akida generation 1.0 was a success, not a failure like many WANKA'S state.

View attachment 39973

View attachment 39974

View attachment 39972
Thanks Dozzaman. I'd be reading the 2nd paragraph a few times not the 1st paragraph you circled.

Either party can terminate the agreement. In the previous 4c's, can you point out the payments covering BRN's joint development expenses from the 8 Jun 2020 agreement.

This time last year I was copping it for being confident Akida was going to be in Scala 3 and vehicles using MB's new MMA platform lol. I don't think I went as far as offering somebody a carton but considering how confident I was, I better go check.

Now I'm just not sure. The clone of silence they're using actually works.

Personally, HVAC looks our best chance to kick things off.

Reactions: 5 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Thanks Dozzaman. I'd be reading the 2nd paragraph a few times not the 1st paragraph you circled.

Either party can terminate the agreement. In the previous 4c's, can you point out the payments covering BRN's joint development expenses from the 8 Jun 2020 agreement.

This time last year I was copping it for being confident Akida was going to be in Scala 3 and vehicles using MB's new MMA platform lol. I don't think I went as far as offering somebody a carton but considering how confident I was, I better go check.

Now I'm just not sure. The clone of silence they're using actually works.

Personally, HVAC looks our best chance to kick things off.
@chapman89 would you like to settle this for us please, tyia 😘

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

chapman89

Founding Member
@chapman89 would you like to settle this for us please, tyia 😘
I wasn’t going to post this, but it is on the public domain (LinkedIn)

So Valeo posted an interview with their Innovation Chief the other day, I’ll post the link. The interview was about a range of things and one of them being SCALA 3.

Anyway I commented on it and said and I quote-

Great interview.

I suspect Valeo has achieved this through breakthroughs in Al and #neuromorphic”

And I received a public comment back from somebody who has worked at Valeo for over 27 years and he responded with-

yes we did a lot with #neuromorphic
#SNN

I’ll attach the photo below.

Now you have to ask yourself, is there any other company out there with a commercially available neuromorphic IP?? We all know it’s Brainchip, come on everybody, I know we want to see the announcement that it’s offical, but this is disruptive technology, world first, and as the former CEO said and the current CEO, that these companies see akida as the key differentiator. Now who knows if it will ever become public knowledge? Maybe one day, but from the original offical release of Valeo SCALA 3 that a lot of us watched, and the question was asked, is this using Brainchips akida, and they both looked at each other and didn’t know what to say, and said we can’t say who it is, we may mention it in a few months…..
They’ve never disclosed the IP they are using.

Here’s the photo below, it was only 2-3 days ago this happened!
I hope this brightens up everybody’s weekend 😁

IMG_2526.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 153 users
Hi Fmf,

Well emotion3D think it is possible. There is a possibility that they will be using an Akida-equipped Raspberry pi at the demo. The initial purpose was announced as being to demonstrate in-cabin analysis.

https://brainchip.com/brainchip-par...to-improve-driver-safety-and-user-experience/
Laguna Hills, Calif. – February 26, 2023 BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP, today announced that it has entered into a partnership with emotion3D to demonstrate in-cabin analysis that makes driving safer and enables next level user experience.
“We are committed to setting the standard in driving safety and user experience through the development of camera-based, in-cabin understanding,” says Florian Seitner, CEO at emotion3D. “In combining our in-cabin analysis software with BrainChip’s on-chip compute, we are able to elevate that standard in a faster, safer and smarter way. This partnership will provide a cascading number of benefits that will continue to disrupt the mobility industry
.”
Thanks mate.

Wait and see in Sept then maybe.

Reactions: 8 users

chapman89

Founding Member

So Valeo posted an interview with their Innovation Chief the other day, I’ll post the link. The interview was about a range of things and one of them being SCALA 3.

Great interview.

I suspect Valeo has achieved this through breakthroughs in Al and #neuromorphic”

And I received a public comment back from somebody who has worked at Valeo for over 27 years and he responded with-

#SNN

Now you have to ask yourself, is there any other company out there with a commercially available neuromorphic IP?? We all know it’s Brainchip, come on everybody, I know we want to see the announcement that it’s offical, but this is disruptive technology, world first, and as the former CEO said and the current CEO, that these companies see akida as the key differentiator. Now who knows if it will ever become public knowledge? Maybe one day, but from the original offical release of Valeo SCALA 3 that a lot of us watched, and the question was asked, is this using Brainchips akida, and they both looked at each other and didn’t know what to say, and said we can’t say who it is, we may mention it in a few months…..

View attachment 39982
And for those that don’t have LinkedIn, this is his account.

IMG_2557.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 80 users

Vladsblood

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip

Great interview.

#SNN

View attachment 39982
Wow ... Awesome thanks Jesse......

:love:
Austin Powers Dancing GIF

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users
Top Bottom