BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
I was just replying to @chapman89. MB have known, researched and tested Luminar for 4 years so it isn't new to them as he was trying to suggest. From memory, someone posted a fortnight ago MB was always going to use Luminar in one of their vehicles but may have increased the number which prompted me to take another look.

Volvo are already using it in their SUV EX90 so this isn't new tech being developed or only for trucks. The fully electric successor to Volvo Cars’ XC90, to be revealed in 2022, will come with state-of-the-art sensors, including LiDAR technology developed by Luminar and an autonomous driving computer powered by the NVIDIA DRIVE Orin™ system-on-a-chip, as standard.

Do they ever have a chip @Slade but what a mistake using the wrong pictures on your presentations and website. @Diogenese you looked into NVIDIA DRIVE Orin™ system-on-a-chip last year.
Thanks Proga,

Luminar's patent for their tracking NN software was filed in mid-2020. It may be that the part of their lidar Volvo are using is the capability to focus laser pulses on objects of interest, but if, as you say, they are running it on Nvidia GPU, then the new graph neural network software could be included in an update after being verified for safety, as it is a critical safety function.

Running on Nvidia, it will use a lot more power and be significantly slower than Akida in classifying objects.

I think that the foveated lidar will probably allow autonomous driving in excess of 100 kph because it will enable the receiver to detect distant objects with greater certainty than vanilla lidar.

The further away an object is, the fewer lidar pulses strike it because the scan angle is quite broad (>100 degrees), so each pulse ray diverges from its adjacent pulses by 100/n degrees, where n is the number of pulses in a scan row. The laser pulse rays themselves do not get broader and spread out. This means that, the further away the object is, the larger the horizontal and vertical gaps between the pulses which hit the object.

Thus, by decreasing the angle between the pulse rays by increasing the rate at which the pulses directed to the objects of interest are generated while keeping the scan rate constant, more pulses strike the object and send reflections to the receiver.

There was a recent test quoted where Akida 1 proved to be 30 times better than Nvidia Jetson. I think tracking multiple objects using software on Nvidia will burn a lot of power.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Happy Friday Chippers ..... Let's hope it's a nice GREEN one! :cool:

It was refreshing to see green yesterday and might signal a reversal in the SP...🙏

1689285902244.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

TECH

Regular
Good morning all,

I was in touch with Peter recently about his Forbes article and early this morning I heard back from him, he hopes to have published
an article about every 6 weeks but the only catch is that you can't self promote your own company as such, so the writings may appear
to be general observations of the Edge AI space and how Spiking NN's can and ultimately do improve overall performance as we all already understand, so watch out for those articles, I personally think it's great that he gets his name out there.

It sounds as though the teams are very busy working on projects, not that any specifics were shared (obviously), just the hard at work comment, which is par for our company which is great.

Try to have a positive day ahead....regards....Tech (y)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 70 users

Mccabe84

Regular
vanguard appear to be accumulating?
IMG_5240.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5239.png
    IMG_5239.png
    363.5 KB · Views: 105
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 48 users

Grayscale AI. Software company so I wonder whose neuromorphic processing hardware they are using for those kind of improvement figures.

The Stack.​

Our sensor fusion system combines data from various types of sensors such as smart video cameras, radars, and event-based sensors.​

We use neuromorphic-processing hardware to accelerate and solve real-time fine-grain location & logistic problems using Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM).​

With up to 1000x less energy usage than a traditional processor.​

Up to 100x faster, too.​

We believe that time is the missing ingredient in unlocking the next wave of AI models. Using novel models such as Spiking Neural Networks (SNNs), we can take into account the temporal aspect of incoming streams of data.​

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 35 users

Damo4

Regular
vanguard appear to be accumulating? View attachment 39947

Huge.
There will come a time where they have accumulated enough to start letting it run.
It's pretty clear now that big bois like this have been trapping us down whilst their bots buy them 1 at a time

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 24 users

Colorado23

Regular
Shout out to Chapman for his tireless efforts promoting Brainchip. Without him I'd miss half of the posts connecting BRN to a myriad of current and potential partners. I use the term partners very loosely. Cheers mate.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 62 users

Damo4

Regular
Shout out to Chapman for his tireless efforts promoting Brainchip. Without him I'd miss half of the posts connecting BRN to a myriad of current and potential partners. I use the term partners very loosely. Cheers mate.

Chapman vs Todd Gack

Best Epic Anime Fight GIFs | Gfycat

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Absolutely, Jesse is a machine!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users

Proga

Regular
vanguard appear to be accumulating? View attachment 39947
Cheers Mccabe. It isn't surprising considering AI has been in the investor spot light of late. Vanguard are the biggest ETF creator globally. They'll be creating more AI ETF's which include BRN shares in various markets across the globe providing investors greater exposure to AI.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Morning Chippers,

Probably just me , but I seem to be seeing more pauses ( passage in time without trades ) in the trading stream.

Good or bad who knows , but it certainly feels a little different.

Regards,
Esq.

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

Proga

Regular
Thanks Proga,

Luminar's patent for their tracking NN software was filed in mid-2020. It may be that the part of their lidar Volvo are using is the capability to focus laser pulses on objects of interest, but if, as you say, they are running it on Nvidia GPU, then the new graph neural network software could be included in an update after being verified for safety, as it is a critical safety function.

Running on Nvidia, it will use a lot more power and be significantly slower than Akida in classifying objects.

I think that the foveated lidar will probably allow autonomous driving in excess of 100 kph because it will enable the receiver to detect distant objects with greater certainty than vanilla lidar.

The further away an object is, the fewer lidar pulses strike it because the scan angle is quite broad (>100 degrees), so each pulse ray diverges from its adjacent pulses by 100/n degrees, where n is the number of pulses in a scan row. The laser pulse rays themselves do not get broader and spread out. This means that, the further away the object is, the larger the horizontal and vertical gaps between the pulses which hit the object.

Thus, by decreasing the angle between the pulse rays by increasing the rate at which the pulses directed to the objects of interest are generated while keeping the scan rate constant, more pulses strike the object and send reflections to the receiver.

There was a recent test quoted where Akida 1 proved to be 30 times better than Nvidia Jetson. I think tracking multiple objects using software on Nvidia will burn a lot of power.
Yeah I've never been a big fan of running ADAS on GPU's.

"I think that the foveated lidar will probably allow autonomous driving in excess of 100 kph because it will enable the receiver to detect distant objects with greater certainty than vanilla lidar"- Correct. MB might be pivoting to do a trade-off. Take the power hit for the extra lidar range for now to get approval to go over 100 km/h

Reactions: 1 users
Well, that was a nice catch up on todays posts....much more enjoyable when we heading in the right direction :)

Was checking out emotion3D as well @Tothemoon24

Found a GitHub meet up presso from Nov 22 by various people including a couple from emotion3D.

Couple snips below and full presso HERE

Appears they had a crack at CNN with a Jetson and Ambarella. Maybe they started to see the error of their ways and figured geez...this Akida SNN gig might just be better :LOL:

View attachment 39934 View attachment 39935 View attachment 39936
Further to the above post I see emotion3D will be premiering / exhibiting their product Cabin Eye software stack at the Mobility gig in Munich in Sept. MB will also be there.

But too soon for Akida I suspect.

Had a look at their jobs and one indicated they went with Ambarella over Jetson possibly (snip below). As indicated in the presso posted above, they were testing both it seemed.

Question for @Diogenese if possible or time. Given Ambarella CNN by looks, is it possible for Akida to be piggybacked / ported to the emotion3D product to run CNN2SNN off the back of the Ambarella process?

Edit: Looks like Texas Inst also tucked in there.

TIA.

IMG_20230714_093003.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Morning Chippers,

Probably just me , but I seem to be seeing more pauses ( passage in time without trades ) in the trading stream.

Good or bad who knows , but it certainly feels a little different.

Regards,
Esq.
POETS day for the bots?

• Haha

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Afternoon Diogenese,

Personally I thought it may have been down to the Writers & Actors Guild in America going on strike.

Id imagine it would be quite hard to manipulate the crap out of a stock without a well drafted script.

😁.

Regards,
Esq.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
  • Haha

Diogenese

Top 20
Yeah I've never been a big fan of running ADAS on GPU's.

"I think that the foveated lidar will probably allow autonomous driving in excess of 100 kph because it will enable the receiver to detect distant objects with greater certainty than vanilla lidar"- Correct. MB might be pivoting to do a trade-off. Take the power hit for the extra lidar range for now to get approval to go over 100 km/h
It sounds like Volvo have missed a trick if they are using software NN to interpret reflected lidar pulses in EVs. it's not so important with ICEs because refilling is not a problem, but EV batteries take a long time to recharge.

MB can take the variable pulse rate lidar pulse transmitter from Luminar and use Akida in the receiver because Akida can process the reflected signals more efficiently than a software NN.

In the EV business kilometers count. It is a major selling point, so an extra 30 km per charge is important.

Combining Akida with the Luminar variable pulse rate laser may be MB's secret sauce.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 46 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Friday Afternoon Fun,

Well ....... If I was a Eccentric Billionaire, how funny would it be to place say a $40,000,000.00AU , At Market Buy order ( No Limit ) into the system, spread over say 5 international broking firms simultaneously.

Followed up by say a further $10,000,000.00AU , executed in same way through the German market.

Just for Shits & Giggles.

* Not Financial Advice, as everyone gets their giggles in different ways.

All Merry Hell would ensue.

Regards,
Esq.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Slade

Top 20
A reply from Tony that I just received. Not that I needed any reassurances, but seriously can we stop the rumours.

Brainchip remains engaged with Mercedes.

Regards

Tony

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 99 users
Top Bottom