BRN Discussion Ongoing

Do we have Byron in this group? He has posted 3-4 times about Brainchip recently in different groups on LinkedIn

“To sum up, TENS are a major improvement over previous methods of handling sequential spatiotemporal data. The ability to perform spatial and temporal convolutions simultaneously gives them unrivalled potential for discovering and capitalising on patterns in sequential data. TENNs powered by BrainChip's 2nd Generation Akida IP have the potential to reshape the landscape of intelligent Edge solutions thanks to their cutting-edge performance, modest computational needs, and numerous use cases.”

View attachment 39615
"Do we have Byron in this group?"

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Good Morning Chippers,

Just a small query for the savey sleuths amoungst us.....

From my memory .... , possibly one or two years ago, there was chatter here on a project which I think was named THE GOD PROJECT.

From memory once again, this was a European run project with the goal of sorting rubbish ( on a vast scale ) into designated groups , so as to aid in the mass recycling of plastics with far less then going directly into landfill dumps.

If any Chippers have any follow up info regarding the above project would be great to hear.

Thankyou in advance.

Regards,
Esq.

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
Good Morning Chippers,

From my memory .... , possibly one or two years ago, there was chatter here on a project which I think was named THE GOD PROJECT.

From memory once again, this was a European run project with the goal of sorting rubbish ( on a vast scale ) into designated groups , so as to aid in the mass recycling of plastics with far less then going directly into landfill dumps.

If any Chippers have any follow up info regarding the above project would be great to hear.

Thankyou in advance.

Regards,
Esq.
It kind of says something to me or gnaws at the back of my mind. I'll have a look the days...

• Fire
Reactions: 2 users

renca

Emerged
Good Morning Chippers,

Thankyou in advance.

Regards,
Esq.
Hi,

about 3 years ago I posted (on HC, with a similar alias) something about a factory close to Zürich that I visited back then, that uses cameras and AI to sort construction waste that comes in on conveyor belts to a sorting system with cameras and robot arms. To reduce landfill volume and to increase the quality and price of recycled materials. The limiting factor for profit, conveyor belt speed, waste volume reduction and R-material quality, was said to be the time required to successfully identify particles + reaction time for the robot arms + precision in movement since things move fast and should move much faster… so latency and prediction accuracy. Not energy efficiency, as it’s plugged in.

I’m not sure if that’s what you mean.
And I don’t know much more about that, except that if you google AI and waste management in German, there are now quite a few articles showing up, 3 years ago that was not so much the case.

What‘s certain is, that thrash/waste is a huge problem in society and the world needs to get better in sorting and reusing materials. So if Brainchip is used to improve things like production line robots and is used to identify weeds to laser-kill them, I guess sorting waste would also be a good usecase. As seemingly any other industrial process that involves quickly „handling“ and „recognizing“ something.

Since you’ve probably never heard of me before. I don’t post much online, and only recently registered here… but since 2018 I often read this forum and HC before. Thank you for sharing all your insight‘s! Let’s patiently hope that the first products with akida cause many more to follow!

Best Regards, R

• Fire
  • Love

Frangipani

Regular
Good Morning Chippers,

Thankyou in advance.

Regards,
Esq.

While this Taiwanese project is not the one you are looking for, it does tick the boxes

God Project ☑️

Rubbish ☑️

AI ☑️

“The GOD-IS-WATCHING Behaviour Recognition Detector is an AI-powered device that detects rubbish dumpers and projects a holographic God, reminding people to dispose of their waste correctly.“

OMG! 🤣

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

The Pope

Regular
Good Morning Chippers,

Thankyou in advance.

Regards,
Esq.
This article talks about it with sorting plastics in EU

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Good Morning The Pope ,

Think this may be it.

About halfway down that article,

HOLY GRAIL PROJECT,
Company: Filigrade
Didgital Watermarks,
98% accuracy,
Seen by cameras on the sorting line / conveyor.
Their trial finnished in 2020.

Gee wizz , all these amazing projects seem to go round in circles for years.

Bring back the 5 - 6 day working week with a quarter of the preks I say . Far too many over paid & under productive workers in the world.

Cheers for locating article.

Project still ongoing by the looks.

Regards,
Esq.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

TECH

Regular
Hi Tech , thanks for ongoing considered posts .
I’m curious about your comment suggesting ( in your opinion) we will be well rewarded from January 2025 , is this based around anything in particular , or just a rough timeline you have set for your investment ?
Do you not expect any products from renasas or Mercedes Benz between now and 2025 ?

Thanks
Good morning from the top of New Zealand, where the rain/showers keep on coming over the Tasman Sea from Australia, turn the
tap off please !

First off, you hit the nail on the head with (in your opinion), last year I reassessed my position with Brainchip and changed my entire
mindset to take the so-called pressure off myself as the months kept ticking by with virtually no revenue to be seen, you have to stop
and ask yourself, what income streams is the company looking at moving forward, the CEO has presented a 5 year plan to the Board
who apparently approved it, he is only 1.5 years into this plan.

Yes we know that AKD 1500 and AKD 2.0 are progressing well, and even expected (maybe) slightly earlier than first thought, AKD 3.0
is underway, to what stage we aren't privy to that information as yet, Renesas plans on releasing (mass?) product/s anytime now (not
a fact) who else is doing what or what stage they are up to is anybody's guess.

Back to revenue, IP License Fees, On-going Royalty Fees, provided the product/s make their mark through volume sales, Engineering
Service Fees if and when required by clients and finally in-house sales of Development Kits, Boards and so on.

I gave "myself" 8 quarters to see some steady upward movement in all revenue streams mentioned above, I think my "personal" review
of Brainchip's position by around January 2025 was and still is a very fair and responsible time frame to make a judgement call on my
holding or to put it another way, whether I lighten my parcel somewhat....by then 10 years with only a modest return isn't or wouldn't be
considered a very good investment over that timespan, so as you can see, I have no special reason to mention January 2025, except that
I personally think it's a fair position to hold at present.

We all hold a stock that could just explode one week and we never look back, I also think Sean's upcoming review of the 2nd quarter with
Tony could well deliver some positive update/s...try to remain positive.

Regards.....Tech (y)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 54 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Hope we can find another Jerome Nadel. Now he could talk the talk.
Yes, Jerome was/is pretty special, brought on for the rebrand by Sean.
I now don't think he was ever going to stay longterm.
Think he is at that point in his career when he can pick and choose assignments and doubt he wants to get bogged down in the day to day nitty gritty.
A bit like that Tom Sizemore character from Heat for whom the "action is the juice". 🤣

Also think Nandan is doing a bang up job in the CMO role and nice to see he can walk and chew gum.
As other's have said I would like to see something of Chris Stevens, as at this time I have no impression of his presence or engageability?
Rob will appeal to a certain demographic, Nandan to another. Curious to get some idea of Chris's appeal?

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users
Here we have WEEBIT NANO with a neuromorphic computing demo, I wonder who that may be? 🤔
Screenshot_20230711_092251.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

toasty

Regular
I think you miss my point toasty, you keep on referring to the last 7 years. Peter and his support team changed the direction of this company,
comparing the previous management and executive team is like comparing apples with oranges, we all know the issues and associated problems the company incurred in the early days (the first 5) I'd suggest.

If you can't reset your mindset to see that the technology has continued to advance, but equally as important the company's structure has completely changed since we came on board back in 2015, I could say a lot more, but I think you know where I'm going, we are "now" on a
"clear and accountable" path, despite what some shareholders may think, based on their own cash position, in my opinion.

Why would you lack confidence in the current commercial team, it's a major step up from what we had, and to be a little sarcastic, if we (Brainchip) can't seem to get any solid traction, well god help the rest of the players in the Edge AI space, they don't seem to be bragging about blowing the Edge AI market to shreds either, and by the way, where's their commercial chips or IP...in a nutshell, if we can't succeed, well they are set to fail as well in my opinion.

I'll finish there.
I'm not as sure as you that the current team is such a step up. I will be convinced ONLY when they produce tangible commercial results......which there is no sign of at the moment.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users
Hi @Bennysmadness
Here’s a presentation of a Weebit-Leti SPIRIT SNNdemonstration from 2019 however it’s analogue SNN.

Title of Presentation (weebit-nano.com)

Hopefully they’ve gone digital by now but you’d expect an announcement of some description if that was the case.

:)

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire

Diogenese

Top 20
Last edited:
  • Fire

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 20 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
I'm not as sure as you that the current team is such a step up. I will be convinced ONLY when they produce tangible commercial results......which there is no sign of at the moment.

What percentage of your due diligence involves motley fool articles?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 13 users

toasty

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love

Damo4

Regular
1689045007222.png

Is this fire though?

Toasty, you invested pre-revenue and now you are concerned after 2 license signings, and revenue, however small.
Both Megachips and Renesas are expected to have products available for sale shortly, and both could be concealing a large player behind the scenes.

I understand it takes a great deal of patience to hang on for as long as you have, and then hear excuses why we aren't able to generate revenue quicker, must be frustrating.

However I think it's undeniable how well placed Brainchip is now and whilst hindsight may be 20/20, the issues management described and were held accountable for, do exist.
There is also no-one who currently offers what Akida does, and our patent portfolio grows, which management describe as a growing lead.

I get the hesitancy to believe management when they assure us it will all be fine, but if you think about BRN today and whether or not you would invest, it's still a strong buy IMO only. The last 7 years is the nature of the share market, if picking quick money was easy we wouldn't be here.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 43 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Good Afternoon Chippers,

Just wondering if any Chippers have any loose links connecting us to HITACHI Limited.

Some of Hitachi's products....

Hitachi ex8000-7 specs

The Hitachi EX8000-7 and 7B model is built in Japan and manufactured by Hitachi. It’s currently Hitachi’s largest excavator.

The full-box section design of its front shovel, boom, and arm evenly distributes the stress and weight of loads, helping keep the vehicle stable while operating on rough terrain or lifting heavy materials.

In general, the machine is designed for safety and ease of use, with additional features like engine stop switches, an on-board inclinometer, and an auto-lubrication system supporting teams through large-scale mining activities.

• Manufacturer: Hitachi
  • Country of origin: Japan
  • Operating weight with shovel attachment: 911.6 tons
  • Bucket capacity with shovel attachment: 58.9 cubic yards
  • Standing height: 32 feet and 6 inches

&

Hitachi Magic Wand​

This is a good article. Click here for more information.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hitachi Magic Wand

Hitachi Magic Wand (HV-250R)
Other names
  • Magic Wand
  • Magic Wand Original
  • Original Magic Wand
  • The Hitachi
TypeElectric, wall-powered vibrating massager
CompanyHitachi
CountryJapan
Availability25 April 1968–present
SloganPowerful, penetrating vibrations
The Hitachi Magic Wand (renamed Magic Wand Original and Original Magic Wand) is an AC-powered wand vibrator. It was originally manufactured for relieving tension and relaxing sore muscles, however, it is most known for its use as a sex toy. Japanese company Hitachi listed the device for business in the United States in 1968. Sex educator Betty Dodson popularized its use as a vibrator and masturbation aid for women during the sex-positive movement in the late 1960s. It functions effectively as a clitoral vibrator, to bring women to orgasm. The wand is 12 inches (30 cm) long and weighs 1.2 pounds (540 g) with stimulation provided by its rubberized 2.5-inch (64 mm) head.
Hitachi asserts that its sole intended use is for health care purposes. Hitachi's national sales manager said "we approach the massagers as personal care items... the people we hire know what it's for without our having to say it".[1] Hitachi had a conflict with its U.S. distributor in 2000 and briefly stopped selling the device, until it reached a new deal with distributor Vibratex. The Magic Wand sold out after being featured in a 2002 episode of Sex and the City. Hitachi ceased production of the device in 2013 because of concerns about having the company name attached to a sex toy. Vibratex persuaded the company to continue manufacturing it under the name "Original Magic Wand", omitting the Hitachi name. In 2014, the company used the name "Magic Wand Original".
Academics have researched its use for treatment of female sexual arousal disorder and chronic anorgasmia—a sexual dysfunction in which a person cannot achieve orgasm. The Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology published a 1979 study which found self-administered treatment and use of the Magic Wand to be the best method to achieve orgasm. In 2008, The Scientific World Journal published research finding over 93% of a group of 500 chronic anorgasmic women could reach orgasm using the Magic Wand and the Betty Dodson Method. The device was used in studies in many applications, including articles published in Dermatology Online Journal, Journal of Applied Physiology, Experimental Brain Research, Neuroscience Letters, and Journal of Perinatal & Neonatal Nursing.
The Magic Wand has alternatively been referred to as the Cadillac of vibrators,[2][3][4] the Rolls-Royce of vibrators,[5][6][7] and the mother of all vibrators.[8][9][10] Counselors Bettina Arndt, Laura Berman, Gloria Brame, and Ruth Westheimer (Dr. Ruth) recommended the device to women, and Cosmopolitan magazine reported the Magic Wand was the vibrator most often suggested by sex therapists. Mobile Magazine readers in 2005 voted the Magic Wand "the No. 1 greatest gadget of all time".[11] Tanya Wexler's film Hysteria featured the device while showing the evolution of the vibrator. Engadget called the Magic Wand "the most recognizable sex toy on Earth".[12]

Design and features[edit]​

Hitachi listed the Magic Wand for business use with the United States Patent and Trademark Office on 25 April 1968.[12][13]
The device is 30 cm (12 in) long and it weighs 540 g (1.19 lb).[2][5][12] Muscle and nerve stimulation is provided by the device's rubberised, 6.4 cm (2.5 in) head, which is attached to the main body of the massager via a flexible neck.[14][15] A 1.8 m (6 ft) cord is attached to the device to provide power from mains electricity with alternating current, and requires 120 volts.[12][16] It does not take batteries.[16] The massager provides two vibration rates—5,000 and 6,000 rpm, which are equivalent to 83 Hz and 100 Hz—that are controlled by a switch on its body.[12][14][17] Specifically, research published in the journal Sexual and Relationship Therapy determined that the Magic Wand operated on its low setting at a frequency of 89 Hz and at 101 Hz on its high setting.[16] Its displacement was measured as 0.45 mm (0.018 in), with an acceleration of 185.7 μg (0.002866 gr).[16] Because the device was not originally designed as a sexual stimulation aid, it exhibits some deficiencies when used for this purpose.[12] Apart from its size, bulk, and its reliance on a mains power supply that limits its portability, it is not waterproof or water-resistant, and it overheats when used for more than 25 minutes.[12] It does not work well in electrical outlets in all countries internationally.[18][19]
Because of the Magic Wand's popularity, various aftermarket attachments with differences in colour, pattern of studs, and material, became available to purchase.[12][14] Such attachments have been produced by many companies without ties to Hitachi.[20] Without attachments, the device functions effectively as a clitoral vibrator, able to bring women to orgasm.[21] Add-ons that are fitted over the top of the device and are used to excite the clitoris are available.[6] An attachment called the "Wonder Wand" allows women to feel vibrations deep into the vagina.[17][22] According to an article in the Dermatology Online Journal, "The Wonder Wand" is created from a plastic material which is even in consistency and may be simply cleansed after use.[17] Attachments made of silicone designed to aid with penetrative sensations or to modify texture of the device are available.[23] An add-on called the "G-Spotter" fits over the device in the same fashion and turns the device into a G-spot vibrator. The "Gee-Whiz" (also referred to as "G-Whiz") is a similar type of attachment used to stimulate the G-spot.[5][24] The "Flutter Tip Wand Attachment" may be placed over the device and can be used to mimic the sensation of cunnilingus.[25] "Liberator Axis" is a booster pillow that stabilizes the Magic Wand so the user does not have to hold it with their hands during use.[10][26] Attachments have been sold by Betty Dodson on her website, which provides pictorial instructions on their use with the Magic Wand.[17][27] The massager may be used without attachments for men or with the "G-Whiz" attachment; when held on the penis it can stimulate pleasurable sensations in the prostate.[5] An attachment made by an unaffiliated company provides a cap that fits over the top of the device so it can function as a male masturbation sleeve.[20] In Japan, an attachment is sold for men to stimulate the prostate through the rectum.[28]

One can only imagine were a hook up with HITACH could take BrainChip's Akida....... or vice versa.

Would appear Hitachi not only make 900 odd ton excavators but also dabble in .......errr.......Sex toys.
I know people laugh every time I mention Dildinics ....but hay...its a massive market , and unlike tracking Super Sonic intercontinental missiles ( lots of prior testing before deployment ), well one would imagine a rouge dilldo would be pretty harmless ( quick design then to market ), not like your going to loose a eye if it goes rouge.

And yes , before anyone asks, apparently I am classed as a sophisticated investor.

Bit of fun on another quiet day.

Regards,
Esq.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users
Top Bottom