BRN Discussion Ongoing

TECH

Regular
I've never had any doubt that the technical side of BRN is brilliant. However the commercial side is another thing all together. I hear all the excuses about head winds et al but the lack of customers, as opposed to "partners" is now well beyond a joke. 7 years is long enough to wait for great technology to be turned into commercial reality. Feeling VERY disappointed in the board, Sean and the sales/marketing team. 😔

I sense your mood, and it's probably how many shareholders feel, whether you have a large or small parcel of shares, I understand.

My trust if you like, is in Peter and Anil first and foremost, now I know they aren't the guys in the front office trying to sell and "convince"
potential clients to first off, experiment with our development kits and "learn" what this new "neuromorphic" technology has to offer and why
we are as a company, are at the cutting edge so to speak of the next technological wave, but I put my trust in the creator/s, why, because I know them both, well, one a lot better than the other, I agree the "so-called" early access partners have caused me some personal concern as well, but
a number of weeks ago I shared my view with regards to, we can't now wait for "so-called clients" to sit back and wait for AKD 3.0 to be released so that they can then evaluate that IP, Brainchip needs to and I suspect will draw a line in the sand, EAP's "need to commit" I think that's your main
grudge if you like, and I tend to agree.

My suggestion is, only sell if you financially have to, otherwise sail along with me and the long term believers, I'm sure we'll all be rewarded
from January 2025 onwards.

Purely my own views and not advice, but say positive and stay the course.

Cheers Tech.

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 41 users

toasty

Regular
I sense your mood, and it's probably how many shareholders feel, whether you have a large or small parcel of shares, I understand.

My trust if you like, is in Peter and Anil first and foremost, now I know they aren't the guys in the front office trying to sell and "convince"
potential clients to first off, experiment with our development kits and "learn" what this new "neuromorphic" technology has to offer and why
we are as a company, are at the cutting edge so to speak of the next technological wave, but I put my trust in the creator/s, why, because I know them both, well, one a lot better than the other, I agree the "so-called" early access partners have caused me some personal concern as well, but
a number of weeks ago I shared my view with regards to, we can't now wait for "so-called clients" to sit back and wait for AKD 3.0 to be released so that they can then evaluate that IP, Brainchip needs to and I suspect will draw a line in the sand, EAP's "need to commit" I think that's your main

My suggestion is, only sell if you financially have to, otherwise sail along with me and the long term believers, I'm sure we'll all be rewarded

Cheers Tech.
I think you miss my point Tech. I too believe in Peter, Anil and their tech team. But we have been up a number of blind alleys in the last 7 years and I lack confidence in the commercial team to not do so again. Then it won't matter how good the technology is. I REALLY hope that's not the case because then my multi hundreds of thousands of shares would become virtually worthless.............

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users

TECH

Regular
I think you miss my point Tech. I too believe in Peter, Anil and their tech team. But we have been up a number of blind alleys in the last 7 years and I lack confidence in the commercial team to not do so again. Then it won't matter how good the technology is. I REALLY hope that's not the case because then my multi hundreds of thousnads of shares would become virtually worthless.............

I think you miss my point toasty, you keep on referring to the last 7 years. Peter and his support team changed the direction of this company,
comparing the previous management and executive team is like comparing apples with oranges, we all know the issues and associated problems the company incurred in the early days (the first 5) I'd suggest.

If you can't reset your mindset to see that the technology has continued to advance, but equally as important the company's structure has completely changed since we came on board back in 2015, I could say a lot more, but I think you know where I'm going, we are "now" on a
"clear and accountable" path, despite what some shareholders may think, based on their own cash position, in my opinion.

Why would you lack confidence in the current commercial team, it's a major step up from what we had, and to be a little sarcastic, if we (Brainchip) can't seem to get any solid traction, well god help the rest of the players in the Edge AI space, they don't seem to be bragging about blowing the Edge AI market to shreds either, and by the way, where's their commercial chips or IP...in a nutshell, if we can't succeed, well they are set to fail as well in my opinion.

I'll finish there.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Thomas Hülsing
Thomas Hülsing 1. System-of-Systems Engineering
58 Min.

Neuromorphic Computing on Satellite

"[...] multistage CNN trained on multispectral Earth observation images for Cloud Cover Detection, can be converted into an SNN using the CNN2SNN conversion toolkit of BrainChip .
Further, the converted SNN running on #Akida1000 #neuromorphic #platform can achieve 95.46% accuracy while #power #consumption and #latency are found to be upto 230x & 7x more efficient than the CNN running on a Jetson TX2."

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
I've never had any doubt that the technical side of BRN is brilliant. However the commercial side is another thing all together. I hear all the excuses about head winds et al but the lack of customers, as opposed to "partners" is now well beyond a joke. 7 years is long enough to wait for great technology to be turned into commercial reality. Feeling VERY disappointed in the board, Sean and the sales/marketing team. 😔
b7ddddf6d6da303dcdc3823959192b42.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

JoMo68

Regular
Every time I see a motley tool article I take no notice of it.

When I was a new investor I thought I would sign up to one of their programs to get some hot picks thinking this would be a responsible way of investing as I wasn’t to sure.

Anyway I invested into a company they recommended called damstra holdings at over $2.00 a share. Take a look at what damstra is trading at and try to take motley tool seriously…..
Every time I see a motley tool article I take no notice of it.

When I was a new investor I thought I would sign up to one of their programs to get some hot picks thinking this would be a responsible way of investing as I wasn’t to sure.

Anyway I invested into a company they recommended called damstra holdings at over $2.00 a share. Take a look at what damstra is trading at and try to take motley tool seriously…..
Likewise. The companies I have done worst in have been recommended by the Fool. I wouldn’t touch them with a 10 foot barge pole.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 16 users

Zedjack33

Regular

Cheers Tech.
So another 18 odd months hey Tech?

I hope ur wrong, but it’s looking like ur not.

Tight lines people.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users

Getupthere

Regular
1688979257384.png

1688979286474.png

Looks like the shorters we’re getting information before everyone else again.

• Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Frangipani

Regular
Hi Frangipani,

We don't have to name names or point fingers... or name names. Sure Blind Freddie and I have had our problems.

But I think that at its core this is a Blind Freddie and Richie Rich problem that requires an Freddie and Richie solution.

Blind Freddie was neither an up ramper or down ramper. He was merely a show about nothing created for general amusement.

Just like Susie, he is no longer with us.

Hi @Richie Rich,

just a gentle reminder: If you, of all posters, hadn’t asked me that trick question about H.E. Pennypacker, I may not even have brought up this name change topic publicly.

Also, I never said Blind Freddie was a downramper (or upramper) - you need to read more carefully.

And I have no idea who Susie is. The TSE member with that name has only posted once, but still appears to be with us as a silent reader, so it’s unlikely you are referring to her, then.

IMO it undermines the trustworthiness of this forum when posters change their personas at will without at least alluding to this fact in a post and at the same time delete all of their previous posts without explanation. Did BF really deserve this unceremonious ending? Not even a tongue-in-cheek obituary? If you lay someone to rest, there is no need to erase all of their footprints…

Is it really wise to contribute to the confusion of other members getting deleted or asking to be deleted (as apparently has happened before) with the vast majority of us never finding out why?

And without naming names, this particular case is obviously more complex and riddled with speculation, which a certain poster could have easily put to rest a long time ago, but has chosen not to, at least not to the plebs. I am sure he has his reasons, but then he shouldn’t be surprised when others try to dig a little deeper.

Anyway, I do appreciate that you replied after all.
So I shall let your unsighted predecessor rest in peace, then.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Hi @Richie Rich,

just a gentle reminder: If you, of all posters, hadn’t asked me that trick question about H.E. Pennypacker, I may not even have brought up this name change topic publicly.

Also, I never said Blind Freddie was a downramper (or upramper) - you need to read more carefully.

And I have no idea who Susie is. The TSE member with that name has only posted once, but still appears to be with us as a silent reader, so it’s unlikely you are referring to her, then.

IMO it undermines the trustworthiness of this forum when posters change their personas at will without at least alluding to this fact in a post and at the same time delete all of their previous posts without explanation. Did BF really deserve this unceremonious ending? Not even a tongue-in-cheek obituary? If you lay someone to rest, there is no need to erase all of their footprints…

Is it really wise to contribute to the confusion of other members getting deleted or asking to be deleted (as apparently has happened before) with the vast majority of us never finding out why?

And without naming names, this particular case is obviously more complex and riddled with speculation, which a certain poster could have easily put to rest a long time ago, but has chosen not to, at least not to the plebs. I am sure he has his reasons, but then he shouldn’t be surprised when others try to dig a little deeper.

Anyway, I do appreciate that you replied after all.
So I shall let your unsighted predecessor rest in peace, then.
I think I will have a rest from here for awhile . Thankyou to everyone who have helped me understand more about my investment in BRN .

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Just uploaded on Linkedin:

1688985033717.png

About the job​

As a Sr. Product Manager, you will drive the product roadmap, develop requirements and value proposition, manage product lifecycle as well as create materials and collateral needed to communicate the capabilities of product including competitive positioning. Responsibilities will span all BrainChip product initiatives in Essential AI solutions that may include delivery of silicon, modules, evaluation kits and/or IP.

The position requires a keen focus on market trends, customer needs, application architectures, and technology trends. Understanding of semiconductor AI technologies will help analyze product choices and tradeoffs.

BrainChip’s Akida fully-digital neuromorphic AI processor has the first of its kind, licensable product that delivers great efficiency in Edge AI devices along with unique capabilities like learning on the edge. Akida’s success is dependent on finding the best product market fit in large markets, supported by a product roadmap that has the right combination of features and capabilities that delivers the best differentiated value, with many internal functions and external entities.

**This is an ON-SITE ROLE however we will consider a flexible work schedule for the right candidate.**

Essential Job Functions:

· Ownership of the product lifecycle process from concept to end of life for the product portfolio, including the timely preparation and presentation of stage gates and key product decisions.
· Partner with business development and technical colleagues to explore product choices that best serve BrainChip in financial success.
· Develop and optimize a business case for each initiative considering key technology trends, ecosystem inflection points, product differentiation and best chance for success.
· Refine, quantify, and articulate the key value propositions of our products.
· Support the product development process as the key product owner - providing product targets, priority guidance, and resolving trade-off decisions.
· Evaluate business opportunities to partner with external technology providers to enhance the product portfolio.
· Participate in standardization efforts that will inform product strategy.

Job Requirements:
· 10+ years of experience in AI IP for semiconductor technology, including both technical and business roles.
· Understanding of Edge AI/ML infrastructure, and enterprise markets and ecosystem
· Experience in product management roles, working with cross-functional teams across geographies.
· Deep knowledge of interconnect technologies (PCI Express, CXL, Ethernet, Memory interfaces, etc.), and relevant industry consortia specifications is preferred.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills.
· Proven track record of strategy development.
· Demonstrated business acumen with semiconductor products and/or
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
· MBA or alternative master’s degree in management is preferred.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Just uploaded on Linkedin:

View attachment 39613

About the job​

As a Sr. Product Manager, you will drive the product roadmap, develop requirements and value proposition, manage product lifecycle as well as create materials and collateral needed to communicate the capabilities of product including competitive positioning. Responsibilities will span all BrainChip product initiatives in Essential AI solutions that may include delivery of silicon, modules, evaluation kits and/or IP.

The position requires a keen focus on market trends, customer needs, application architectures, and technology trends. Understanding of semiconductor AI technologies will help analyze product choices and tradeoffs.

BrainChip’s Akida fully-digital neuromorphic AI processor has the first of its kind, licensable product that delivers great efficiency in Edge AI devices along with unique capabilities like learning on the edge. Akida’s success is dependent on finding the best product market fit in large markets, supported by a product roadmap that has the right combination of features and capabilities that delivers the best differentiated value, with many internal functions and external entities.

**This is an ON-SITE ROLE however we will consider a flexible work schedule for the right candidate.**

Essential Job Functions:

· Ownership of the product lifecycle process from concept to end of life for the product portfolio, including the timely preparation and presentation of stage gates and key product decisions.
· Partner with business development and technical colleagues to explore product choices that best serve BrainChip in financial success.
· Develop and optimize a business case for each initiative considering key technology trends, ecosystem inflection points, product differentiation and best chance for success.
· Refine, quantify, and articulate the key value propositions of our products.
· Support the product development process as the key product owner - providing product targets, priority guidance, and resolving trade-off decisions.
· Evaluate business opportunities to partner with external technology providers to enhance the product portfolio.
· Participate in standardization efforts that will inform product strategy.

Job Requirements:
· 10+ years of experience in AI IP for semiconductor technology, including both technical and business roles.
· Understanding of Edge AI/ML infrastructure, and enterprise markets and ecosystem
· Experience in product management roles, working with cross-functional teams across geographies.
· Deep knowledge of interconnect technologies (PCI Express, CXL, Ethernet, Memory interfaces, etc.), and relevant industry consortia specifications is preferred.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills.
· Proven track record of strategy development.
· Demonstrated business acumen with semiconductor products and/or
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
· MBA or alternative master’s degree in management is preferred.
Great news if he is not replacing someone who has left?
Hoping that Sean and the team are so busy they need another helping hand.
Go you good thing.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users

Jchandel

Regular
Do we have Byron in this group? He has posted 3-4 times about Brainchip recently in different groups on LinkedIn

“To sum up, TENS are a major improvement over previous methods of handling sequential spatiotemporal data. The ability to perform spatial and temporal convolutions simultaneously gives them unrivalled potential for discovering and capitalising on patterns in sequential data. TENNs powered by BrainChip's 2nd Generation Akida IP have the potential to reshape the landscape of intelligent Edge solutions thanks to their cutting-edge performance, modest computational needs, and numerous use cases.”

1688987146624.png

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Phoenix14

Cheers Tech.
Hi Tech , thanks for ongoing considered posts .
I’m curious about your comment suggesting ( in your opinion) we will be well rewarded from January 2025 , is this based around anything in particular , or just a rough timeline you have set for your investment ?
Do you not expect any products from renasas or Mercedes Benz between now and 2025 ?

Thanks

Reactions: 11 users

Jchandel

Regular

“The Socionext 60GHz RF CMOS sensor features and capabilities can support multiple in-cabin use cases, including seat occupancy monitoring, child presence detection, and theft prevention.

Advanced AI Solutions for Automotive
Socionext has partnered with artificial intelligence provider BrainChip to develop optimized, intelligent sensor data solutions based on Brainchip’s Akida® processor IP.

BrainChip’s flexible AI processing fabric IP delivers neuromorphic, event-based computation, enabling ultimate performance while minimizing silicon footprint and power consumption. Sensor data can be analyzed in real-time with distributed, high-performance and low-power edge inferencing, resulting in improved response time and reduced energy consumption.”

1688987879420.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

Cardpro

Regular
Great news if he is not replacing someone who has left?
Hoping that Sean and the team are so busy they need another helping hand.
Go you good thing.
As per BrainChip's linkedin page, their number of employees have been "11 - 50" people for ages...

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
As per BrainChip's linkedin page, their number of employees have been "11 - 50" people for ages...
We have seen this role or something very similar advertised in the past.
People will come and go as employees of the business over time.
Perfectly normal and natural situation.
Bring It, BrainChip.

Reactions: 8 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
We have seen this role or something very similar advertised in the past.
People will come and go as employees of the business over time.
Perfectly normal and natural situation.
Bring It, BrainChip.
Hope we can find another Jerome Nadel. Now he could talk the talk.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom