BRN Discussion Ongoing

They are just a stock broker as far as I am aware.
Yes, I know that. But I do remember at the conclusion of last years AGM, the board had to rush off to an important meeting with Shaw & Partners. So I 'd have a guess and say that Shaw & Partners aren't just a bunch of friendly and caring people who would let our CEO use their boardroom to shoot a video......

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Yes, I know that. But I do remember at the conclusion of last years AGM, the board had to rush off to an important meeting with Shaw & Partners. So I 'd have a guess and say that Shaw & Partners aren't just a bunch of friendly and caring people who would let our CEO use their boardroom to shoot a video......
Oh gotcha. I thought you were dot joining.

Maybe they do all their brokerage and paperwork when they dish out performance shares etc?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Some good exposure for BRN on Spotify :)

1685096159060.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

Drone tech to space, these ASX stocks set to benefit from Defence Strategic review​

Australia’s Defence Strategic Review is huge news for ASX stocks working to keep our nation safe on the battlefield, seas and even in space.

Several ASX companies are positioned to help improve Australia's defence capabilities. Picture for illustration purposes only. Picture: Getty Images

Several ASX companies are positioned to help improve Australia's defence capabilities. Picture for illustration purposes only. Picture: Getty Images
The Defence Strategic Review is being touted as Australia’s most significant report of its kind since World War II. And it offers a huge opportunity for ASX defence stocks.
With six priority areas it is expected to shape the country’s defence policy and national security posture for decades to come.
While the exact costs of implementing recommendations in the review have not been released, it is expected spending on defence will rise from the current (around ) 2 per cent of GDP equating to about $49 billion annually.

ASX defence stocks​

Code​

Company​

Sub-sector​

Market cap​

ADAAdacel TechnologiesAirspace control$12.37 million
AJXAlexium International GroupMilitary equipment$51.47 million
ASBAUSTRALShipbuilding$607 million
BCTBluechiipMilitary equipment$19.79 million
BISBisalloy Steel GroupMilitary equipment$94 million
BRNBrainchip HoldingsMilitary equipment$707 million
CDACodanMilitary equipment$1.26 billion
DRODroneshieldDrones$175 million
ELSElsightDrones$48.85 million
EOSElectro Optic SystemsSatellites/space$95.89 million
KSSKleos SpaceSatellites/space$20.04 million
MOBMobilicom Ltd/AustraliaMilitary Equipment$12.66 million
MX1Micro XBomb detection$46.42 million
OECOrbital Corp LTDDrones$17.57 milllion
QHLQuickstep HoldingsMilitary Equipment$21.52 million
TTTTitomicMilitary Equipment$27.28 million
XTEXTEK LTDDrones/Military Equipment$44.81 million

Since Russia invaded Ukraine in February 2022, images of warfare have much resembled past wars including tanks, warships, fighter planes, guns, grenades and boots on the ground.

But as Professor of Anthropology at San José State University Roberto J. González pointed out, there’s another side to the conflict.

He described it a “hypermodern battleground where drones play a crucial role in surveillance, reconnaissance and combat missions”.

“These technologies may foreshadow a world in which armed conflicts are conducted largely by remote control – and perhaps someday, by artificial intelligence,” he said.

There are several Australian ASX companies operating in the unmanned aircraft or drone space.

BRAINCHIP HOLDINGS (ASX:BRN)

This is a smart sensor analytics company which has products covering several markets, including video analytics, speech and speaker recognition.

BRN’s tech can also be applied to autonomous vehicles and unmanned aerial surveillance drones.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
I’m most likely dreaming . Could we possibly be involved here ?
Sean has openly stated that we are active in this space .
Google 🙏

Project Starline: Feel like you're there, together​

Project Starline hero image
Project Starline hero image
Clay Bavor
VP, Google
Published May 18, 2021

People love being together — to share, collaborate and connect. And this past year, with limited travel and increased remote work, being together has never felt more important.
Through the years, we’ve built products to help people feel more connected. We’ve simplified email with Gmail, and made it easier to share what matters with Google Photos and be more productive with Google Meet. But while there have been advances in these and other communications tools over the years, they're all a far cry from actually sitting down and talking face to face.
We looked at this as an important and unsolved problem. We asked ourselves: could we use technology to create the feeling of being together with someone, just like they're actually there?

To solve this challenge, we’ve been working for a few years on Project Starline — a technology project that combines advances in hardware and software to enable friends, families and coworkers to feel together, even when they're cities (or countries) apart.
Imagine looking through a sort of magic window, and through that window, you see another person, life-size and in three dimensions. You can talk naturally, gesture and make eye contact.
Project Starline Mercedes.gif

To make this experience possible, we are applying research in computer vision, machine learning, spatial audio and real-time compression. We've also developed a breakthrough light field display system that creates a sense of volume and depth that can be experienced without the need for additional glasses or headsets.
The effect is the feeling of a person sitting just across from you, like they are right there.

Key breakthroughs include 3D imaging, real-time compression and a 3D display.
One of the things we are most proud of is that as soon as you sit down and start talking, the technology fades into the background, and you can focus on what's most important: the person in front of you.
Project Starline is currently available in just a few of our offices and it relies on custom-built hardware and highly specialized equipment. We believe this is where person-to-person communication technology can and should go, and in time, our goal is to make this technology more affordable and accessible, including bringing some of these technical advancements into our suite of communication products.
Project Starline booth

Project Starline being used in one of our Google offices.
To start that journey, we’ve spent thousands of hours testing Project Starline within Google as we connected colleagues between the Bay Area, New York and Seattle. We've also been conducting demos with select enterprise partners in areas like healthcare and media to get early feedback on the technology and its applications. We’re planning trial deployments with enterprise partners later this year.
We’re really excited about the progress we’re making with Project Starline, and the technology’s potential to solve the important problem of wanting to be together with someone even when you physically can’t. We look forward to sharing more later this year.
YouTube_Thumbnail.width-1000.format-webp.webp

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Kozikan

Regular
Noah a.k.a. "ASX Investor" has done at least one other YouTube on BRN.
I don't know if anyone noticed, but there was a photo frame on the wall behind Noah. The photo was of a racecar that had sponsorship on it from Shaw & Partners, so I presume this video was filmed in their boardroom.

Does anyone recall what our relationship is with Shaw & Partners now?
Hiya Humble, if I recall accurately, weren’t they the brokers that after a past AGM ( I think), while BRN were all in town, they went and did some spruiking to them.
Can anyone verify this ?

Reactions: 6 users

Kozikan

Regular
Arrghh. Late low brain function.
Back to work.
Meh

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

RISC averse: Here's why Intel, AMD and Arm may have to up the ante to deal with Open hardware​

And while Intel did shut down the Intel Pathfinder for RISC-V program, the company is still interested in RISC-V. For example, SiFive and Intel are releasing a development board called the HiFive Pro P550 Development System (codenamed Horse Creek). The board will use a quad-core SiFive Performance P550 processor and is implemented on the Intel 4 platform. The board should be released in the next few months. 🤔🤔🤔

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Reactions: 5 users
This is how I perceive Sean Hehir as CEO:

'2022 Sean' was like a kid in a candy shop, and who couldn't blame him. The candy shop was like the whole world to him at that moment and he just wanted it all right here, right now. In other words, Brainchip had the goods which could lead to world domination and of course his excitement levels would have been sky high.

Being new to a CEO role, I guess he may not have been quite as calm and measured as what a mature CEO could have been.

However, '2023 Sean' looks to have matured more as CEO and has realised that instead of being so excited when he enters that candy shop and wants it all right there in quick fashion, he'll be more measured about it and realise that gradually over time you can eventually have everything you're after.

I believe Sean is really growing into the CEO role, and even though he may have been a little over excited when he first started out, I couldn't be happier with how he's progressing, the position he has helped put Brainchip in and his approach to a very successful future for the company and all those who are involved and connected.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 52 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Screenshot_20230527_091224_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Apologies if posted already. Being that we will be a market leader, i think the last key point doesn't apply to BRN, especially at 40c a share...........

Opinion only. DYOR

Screenshot_20230527_091810_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230527_091829_Chrome.jpg

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

MrNick

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Article in todays Weekend Australian and a plethora of articles about AI.
The weekend Aussie.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Good Morning Chippers,

Article from WFR, regarding the surge in AI , shorters getting an arse whipping & ARK investments..

Regards,
Esq.

Attachments

• 20230527_094505.jpg
    20230527_094505.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Boab

And another little mention on page 39 of the Weekend Aussie
Page 39.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Boab

Good Morning Chippers,

Article from WFR, regarding the surge in AI , shorters getting a arse whipping & ARK investments..

Regards,
Esq.
I can hear the "Clacker Valves" of the shorters really starting to rattle now.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Yeah, but without a name/branding change think it inevitable there will be some confusion going forward.
I have already had people exhibit such in conversations over the past year.
Given the lightening rod status of Musk it may perversely work in our favour by bringing a larger audience to investigate us sooner than our marketing strategy would normally allow. Especially considering we are not spending money to try and attract wide and general retail exposure, but rather concentrating on those few decision makers at OEM's and the like, who will hopefully consider our charms and incorporate us in their plans moving forward.

Teach22

Regular
Good morning,

Having read most of the appraisals of yesterdays AGM, I believe the feel and mood of the meeting has been captured nicely, the shareholder body has made a couple a statements via the voting. Our company do listen, and yesterday they all heard loud and clear from within the room and from the market action that swiftly followed..... were they all expecting it, yes I clearly believe so.

Reflecting on my comment a few weeks ago on how much more advanced AKD 3.0 was than many on this forum realized has now been proven to be a valid comment, more news in the next 4/5 months I'd suggest, no one at the Research Centre sits around all day dreaming, they are all too busy working for the betterment of us all.

Once again, I pushed my own timeline out by 2 years to 1 January 2025, did I have to readjust my mindset ? yes most certainly.

Was I feeling rather frustrated at the time of making that decision ? yes I was.

For the ones who think they have a hard luck story, think about this for a minute.

My own shares went up 2.5 million AUD in 9 trading days in January 2022, currently it's the exact opposite (as I never sold) we all have stress in our lives, learning to cope and take responsibility for the choices we make on an daily basis will help you navigate life's hurdles a little bit easier.

The share market isn't for everyone, it can be an emotional rollercoaster if you choose it to be, focus on a positive mindset.

Have a good day.

Tech :coffee:(y)

“My own shares went up 2.5 million AUD in 9 trading days in January 2022, currently it's the exact opposite (as I never sold)”

”The share market isn’t for everyone“

I would suggest it’s not for you, based on the above.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Top Bottom