BRN Discussion Ongoing

Damo4

Regular
I've had an interesting email exchange with Ken Scarince that I thought you might be interested in. I sent an email to the company as follows and had the following response:

The questions I asked in my email were:

'1. Why are Renesas not mentioned on the Partner page? Do we still have an IP Licence agreement with Renesas?
2. The partnerships: Is there a written partnership agreement with each of the partners? If not, how do we protect our IP and profit from the partnerships once products are developed?'

The Response from Ken Scarince was:

'Thanks for your note. I received your investor relations inquiry from our sales team.

We do indeed have an active IP agreement with Renesas. They are not considered an ecosystem partner, rather they are considered a customer. We define partners as companies or institutions with whom we collaborate on designs or applications using our combined technologies as opposed to a customer where we simply license our IP to them and they incorporate into their products for sale. And yes, we do have a written partnership agreement with each partner that very clearly defines who owns what to prevent any IP “pollution”. Typically, there is little risk of IP issues arising as the goal is to create something that requires a customer to purchase or license the core products from each partner. In some cases, the partners simply use our products to demonstrate the capabilities of their products when combined with Akida. But in any case, it goes through a thorough legal review process'

This means that we have a partnership agreement with each partner and that the goal is to develop products to on sell to their customers. As I suggested in an earlier post, this seems to be consistent with my view that the partnerships were really a way of getting companies on board quickly with Akida without the up front cost of an IP Licence. It also means that when the joint products are produced, they potentially have a ready customer base with our partner's customers. I think this puts in context the commercial purpose of the partnerships and makes you realise just how significant they are. It also means that we have products being developed by multiple partners now. Imagine what is going to happen when all the partners are ready to sell the products to their customers. It makes you start to think that in due course all these partnerships are potentially much more commercially significant than they might at first appear. (I don't wish to reopen the debate about whether they should have been announced on the ASX - no one will care about that when all the products are being sold in the market and the $$$ are rolling in) :)

Great post GD, I think it's important to also note that whilst Renesas are not "partners" and are instead customers, that's not to say some of our ecosystem partners can't be both in the future. I assume once they become customers, they may still being working as partners on future products and technology.

Reactions: 15 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Just an observation. No trades after the close were XT (Cross Trades) Second time this week if I remember correctly.
Not even sure if this is good, bad or indifferent?
Avaniceweekend.

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

MDhere

Regular
@Slade r u over the limit

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Apologies if previously posted
Screenshot_20230519_163150_LinkedIn.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

mrgds

Regular
To quote our most beloved ex Australian Prime Minister for anyone reporting the amount of "off topic posts " today

"IS A BUM " ( Americas Cup 1983 )

Been a great Friday of fun/banter, .................. ☺️ ......................
That's OK @Damo, @mrgds reckons my feet look eerily similar to Tom Selleck's tootsies.

View attachment 36804
@Bravo ................. are you sure you didn"t photo shop Mr Hoskins face onto your own body pic ? ....................:love:
@Esq.111 ............. fascinatingly intuitive call this morning ........................(y)

Bring on next week .................. Avagoodwegend all

AKIDO ( my godo those toeseos are awfulos ) BALLISTO

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users
D

Deleted member 118

Is it just me today, or do others get the sense that a pyromantic is moving among us.

I sense a burning smell, may be it's the start of a very big burn-off of rubbish or trash, I haven't detected the source as yet, maybe just
maybe by next week a huge pile of ash will confirm my initial thoughts.

The sensation could well get stronger the closer when get to 4pm today...I just wonder :unsure: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Damo4

Regular
Great way to end the week.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Even If You Can't Dance, You Should Dance - Señor GIF - Pronounced GIF or  JIF?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Slade

Top 20
An excellent day to end a great week. Have a good weekend all. And for all those going to the AGM next week I hope you have a nice time. I’m very jealous but I plan to be there next year.

• Love
  • Fire

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Great way to end the week.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Even If You Can't Dance, You Should Dance - Señor GIF - Pronounced GIF or  JIF?'t Dance, You Should Dance - Señor GIF - Pronounced GIF or  JIF?
Eeeeeeuuuuww! That video of me is SOOOO EMBARRASSING!

I danced WAY better than that after sinking a few more sherberts. One of my thongs flew right off my left foot and hit the bass guitarist in the back of the head.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
D

Deleted member 118

Eeeeeeuuuuww! That video of me is SOOOO EMBARRASSING!

I danced WAY better than that after sinking a few more sherberts. One of my thongs flew right off my left foot and hit the bass guitarist in the back of the head.
We all know how you dance

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

MrNick

Regular
Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 3.28.04 pm.png

• Thinking
  • Fire

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
An excellent day to end a great week. Have a good weekend all. And for all those going to the AGM next week I hope you have a nice time. I’m very jealous but I plan to be there next year.
I believe the next one will be in Tahiti:love:

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Does anyone have an update on the amount of shares owned by Institutional investors.
I think someone supplied a graph a month or so ago.
Thanking you in advance.

Reactions: 3 users

Labsy

Regular
Good Morning Chippers,

It's probably just me...... but I'm getting the feeling we may see some EXPLOSIVE share price appreciation today.

😊.

ACUDA BALLISTA.

Regards ,
Esq.
Nice prediction Esq... 👍 👌 👏 😀

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
@Bravo,

Rob must have liked your dancing!

What's your super hero?

Hi Dodgy Knees, my superhero is Russell Coight.

Who's yours? Don't tell me. Is it Shrek?

anigif_sub-buzz-14770-1533190374-1.gif

PS: I'm a bit surprised Rob liked my dancing. I thought I was still in the bad books with Rob for my comments about the wrinkly table-cloth circa 2022.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Looking forward to seeing what Teksun are up to with the Astra IP.

When you go into it....we get the rocket :ROFLMAO:

IMG_20230519_161302.jpg
Screenshot_2023-05-19-16-13-29-86_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 18 users
Top Bottom