• 8C16A662-94F7-4598-89CF-DBE1A74097C5.png
    8C16A662-94F7-4598-89CF-DBE1A74097C5.png
    576.9 KB · Views: 156
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 53 users

TECH

Regular
@TECH, If you read the AGM notes you will see that the lapsed options were initially granted to Manny 7 July 2017, these options then lapsed/expired 1st March 2022. All options have an expiry date

See page 26 of 2023 Notice of AGM for further info if you want the detail that has been provided to us, however, it should be kept in mind that Manny Hernandez had close to 5 years to exercise these options.

In a previous post I mentioned that tax law in US is quite different to Oz tax law, so if Manny had exercised his options they would have then vested into FPO's (fully paid ordinaries) which under US tax law could have involved an immediate tax liability (even if he didn't sell his vested shares).

Regardless Manny had plenty of time to make a plan, and if he really wanted to exercise the options he should have had a plan, around his options, but this ass his prerogative or responsibility (not BRN's). Importantly (but not mentioned in info provided by BRN) he would have also had the ability to speak/contact with the company Secretary who would have been able to advise him that shareholder approval would need to be had with regard to making changes to the date of options expiry, or some such.

Be clear any reasonably well informed company secretary would have been able to furnish the needed info very readily, their brief
requires a reasonable understanding of company law, it's not rocket science. I have been a company secretary so have some small understanding of the subject matter.

So for me the story we are being given is too short on some important detail, or IMO it doesn't stand up, we are being told it is in the best interests of all parties, I don't buy it. Manny simply had to pay $0.12 to exercise them, but now the company is not issuing him options, but rather giving him free shares, go figure. I don't like being treated this way - and it wouldn't matter who it was.

I fully understand how the options that were issued back in 2017 would "normally" have been played out by the recipient, we are talking
about a very well heeled, well educated corporate figure, who would have received options from his other Board, Management positions
over many years, he knew the procedure, the tax implications being a US citizen, no question about it.

5 years to exercise options, any amount of the 8,000,000 gifted to him over that period, but he chose not to, and that's the question I'm
not satisfied I have the full story, hence I'm comfortable voting No.

I fully respect other individuals views on this matter, my views on our company and it's integrity are well known, but in this instance,
someone of Manny's experience tells me something isn't quite right.

I own all of the above, they are merely my views.

Standby for the big announcement, only 2 business days plus a few hours prior to the AGM..I don't believe an announcement is coming,
just yet...let's wait and see 🙃😉

Evening from Perth...Tech

• Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: 30 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Thanks Mt09,

Teksun, has been busy having they;

Yesterday announcement was; "driver monitoring applications, face detection with occupancy detection and gesture gamification."

Today announcement: state-of-the-art designed for continuous monitoring of restricted areas.

Teksun formally joined Braichip Ecosystem on the 1st March 2023. Just about 2 half months ago. And this is where they are at with Akida.

Just imagine what other projects are in the pipeline with Teksun's 300 engineers staffs are working on 🥳.

"Exciting time" ahead I think.

Screenshot_20230518_231821_Chrome.jpg

Learning 🏖

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 51 users
I fully understand how the options that were issued back in 2017 would "normally" have been played out by the recipient, we are talking
about a very well heeled, well educated corporate figure, who would have received options from his other Board, Management positions
over many years, he knew the procedure, the tax implications being a US citizen, no question about it.

5 years to exercise options, any amount of the 8,000,000 gifted to him over that period, but he chose not to, and that's the question I'm

I fully respect other individuals views on this matter, my views on our company and it's integrity are well known, but in this instance,

Standby for the big announcement, only 2 business days plus a few hours prior to the AGM..I don't believe an announcement is coming,

As I've also raised this issue before, the root of the problem is lack of communication from the company. Even when someone from the forum emailed Tony (?) seeking clarification, he / she was directed back to the announcement which lacked sufficient detail in the first place. Surely the Company could consult their lawyers and draft something more specific and convincing? Unless there is some dispute that they don't want publicised or due to the sizeable holdings of insiders and top shareholders perhaps they felt it unnecessary.

In any case I'm abstaining as it is too troublesome for foreign shareholders like me to be heard through the custodian.

Reactions: 13 users

charles2

Regular
Well everything related to semiconductors is breaking out today in the US..AMD, NVDA, SOXX....not dogs like QCOM and SYNA and INTC.....but most others.

What does this mean for BRAINCHIP? Well money is moving in our direction and should precede the arrival of Godot. (Proves that I am still an optimist).

Being listed primarily on the ASX is a curse and having no legitimate brokerage backing just increases our isolation from the investment world. Like having an engineering degree from Trump University.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

cosors

👀
Warren Buffett has decided to get out of TSMC completely.

"Asked to explain his decision on an analyst call this month, the billionaire said: "I don't like its location, and I've reevaluated that."

"Despite the share sale, Buffett lauded TSMC as "one of the best-managed companies and [most] important companies in the world."

Looks like China has him spooked.
TSMC wants/will build plants in the US and Germany.

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)

Attachments

• 1684437728978.png
    1684437728978.png
    261.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 56 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Could be........?

Screenshot_20230519_061941_LinkedIn.jpg

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Mt09

Regular
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 15 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

mrgds

Regular
What’s the Tesla Chat GTP moment???

This year or maybe next year.

Musk is stating that when Tesla"s FSD becomes reality, it will be a "ChatGPT moment" meaning all of the world will be going WTF?

Reactions: 4 users
Link below shows the phase 2 Quantum Ventura SBIR award. The abstract speaks of comparing Loihi 1 with Akida. Award start date was 2022 and end date 2024. With Quantum Ventura announcing partnership with Brainchip, does that mean they have already looked at the comparison and we kicked their arse.

https://www.sbir.gov/node/2285619

SC

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 50 users

Dhm

Regular
Link below shows the phase 2 Quantum Ventura SBIR award. The abstract speaks of comparing Loihi 1 with Akida. Award start date was 2022 and end date 2024. With Quantum Ventura announcing partnership with Brainchip, does that mean they have already looked at the comparison and we kicked their arse.

https://www.sbir.gov/node/2285619

SC
Well it makes sense to go with the most efficient product!

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

JDelekto

Regular
Well it makes sense to go with the most efficient product!
It is worth repeating what the President and CEO of Quantum Ventura stated, which was quoted in the press release:

“Neuromorphic computing is an ideal technology for threat detection because of its small size and power, accuracy, and in particular, its ability to learn and adapt, since attackers are constantly changing their tactics” (emphasis mine).

Akida's one-shot (or multi-shot) learning allows it to train its model from the sensor data without connectivity to the cloud to get updates. This key feature allows BrainChip's technology to provide device customization (such as recognizing different users' faces and voices) or for Quantum Ventura, detect and classify new types of attacks. This feature is protected by BrainChip's patents.

Of course, for systems that can communicate wirelessly, those models can be used to train other intelligent devices that are also using BrainChip's technology, and I believe they have a patent for that as well.

Companies are going to start opening up their eyes to new ideas once companies that have adopted BrainChip begin to share their successes.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 50 users

Xray1

Regular

Tech.... Personally, I'm not expecting any Co Announcements before this Co's AGM next week, especially given imo the Co's " Cone of Silence " past experiences.

I am also of the opinion and concern, that this AGM might just turn out to be a rehash of a recently released podcast in April 2023, which covered the following:

" In this inaugural episode, BrainChip’s CEO Sean Hehir and Director of Global Investor Relations Tony Dawe compare the original Akida and the 2nd Generation platform, discuss the company’s business model and engagement cycle, and share a bit about what investors stand to gain as part of the BrainChip ecosystem. Ultimately, Akida’s ease of use, ultra-low power consumption, and performance are taking BrainChip technology to the next level, providing a sweet spot for investors in this massive and still rapidly expanding market. "

Well let's just wait and see what actually transpires at this AGM and see if any substantial information will be forthcoming ..... I personally am looking forward to the Q & A's session from attendee share holders.

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Good Morning Chippers,

It's probably just me...... but I'm getting the feeling we may see some EXPLOSIVE share price appreciation today.

😊.

ACUDA BALLISTA.

Regards ,
Esq.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 57 users

mrgds

Regular
Good Morning Chippers,

It's probably just me...... but I'm getting the feeling we may see some EXPLOSIVE share price appreciation today.

😊.

ACUDA BALLISTA.

Regards ,
Esq.
Hopefully this colour @Esq.111

Screenshot (63).png

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Xray1

Regular
Good Morning Chippers,

😊.

ACUDA BALLISTA.

Regards ,
Esq.
Probably just resulting from punters FOMO with upcoming AGM on Tuesday

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom