BRN Discussion Ongoing

Quatrojos

Regular
So we have around 30,000 plus everyday investors, how many off these keep in touch with social media? maybe 10 or 20% max, which means only 6000 share holders would have been privy to news being released by brainchip via social media over the last year or so. So if you were a new investor and wanted to invest in brainchip and decide to check out the asx announcements it wouldn’t really excite you to invest, when really with all the news over the last year it should be the complete opposite.

Come on BRAINCHIP pull your heads in and start releasing more news on the asx.

1684217386012.png

Our dude doesn't seem to be doing his job properly. 'Proper communication' is not Twitter. The reason they refuse to announce this stuff through the ASX, as stated by management, is that they previously screwed it up and got in trouble. Fix it. Please...

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Quatrojos

Regular
Surely going to the website of the company you are thinking of investing is not unreasonable.

Makes me wonder why I bother sharing the tweet of the partnership in the first place.

Quick list of guaranteed things
- Death
- Taxes
- Complaints and negativity when BRN announce anything on any platform outside of the ASX
Surely going to the website of the company you are thinking of investing is not unreasonable.

Don't we want to spread news to people who aren't yet thinking of investing?

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users
Hey ho, everyone. Is anyone hav8ng trouble posting at *the other place*? I'm in the middle of a heated discussion with shareman about that Plato guy and this is not the first time I've been unable to publish my post over the years. I used to think it was just my phone telling me to calm my farm and get back to work but now I'm starting to wonder..

Does anyone have the same problem over there where their post won't... post - it's just non-responsive? Please let me know because I'm starting to draw all sorts of conspiracy theory dots right now.. :/

Also, *he* never seems to have this problem, 2800 posts later.

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users
D

Deleted member 118

View attachment 36570

Our dude doesn't seem to be doing his job properly. 'Proper communication' is not Twitter. The reason they refuse to announce this stuff through the ASX, as stated by management, is that they previously screwed it up and got in trouble. Fix it. Please...
I really honestly think they don’t give a f..k about these announcements as it ain’t brain science to get it right.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users
D

Deleted member 118

Hey ho, everyone. Is anyone hav8ng trouble posting at *the other place*? I'm in the middle of a heated discussion with shareman about that Plato guy and this is not the first time I've been unable to publish my post over the years. I used to think it was just my phone telling me to calm my farm and get back to work but now I'm starting to wonder..

Does anyone have the same problem over there where their post won't... post - it's just non-responsive? Please let me know because I'm starting to draw all sorts of conspiracy theory dots right now.. :/

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

AARONASX

Holding onto what I've got
News like today should be released via the asx and who ever decision it is not to release this information, is not only causing a negative effect on the sp, it’s also making enemies of us share holders. This needs to stop now before I find out who it is and kick them in the

Would be nice for even half annoucement...I just hope Sean and the team have a valid enough reason to only release the upmost importance of information/ announcements on the ASX.

Once we begin seeing them drop we may understand the method to the madness! I hope the market will react when an announcement of significance drops; New buyers, LTH buying more, shorters buy back in, those with deep pockets sucking it all up. 😂 The already LTH watch it all unfold! IMO.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
Also, anyone who is in regular communication with the company - who is your point of contact? And does anyone know if they have any in-house legal on staff? This rubbish getting bandied about all over the place by Plato is beyond the pale. This really needs to be addressed and shut down. As shareholders we should all be concerned, it's a targeted attack.

I want to know what these 20 other redflags are so that we can put them to the company and have their feedback.

I don't want to give Plato's flame-fanning any oxygen, I am confident this is just another shortseller's market-influencing ploy, but nevertheless this needs to be addressed, if even only by a strongly worded letter from BRN'S legal representation, because this guy has come out from under the usual anonymous HC posters rock covering and is bandying about qualifications that seem legit but he's making BIG allegations that, as shareholders, we should be rightly concerned about being published.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!

Hi Kiki.
We all left that other place after confirming to our own satisfaction that quite likely all your conspiracy theories are correct.
It seems to favour a conflict model to keep eyes and hands twichin' and many have previously expressed the leaning towards an uncomfortably noticeable bias. When we were there, BRN was the indubitable king of those threads, but when Zeebot set this up as an alternative, most of us have left them to play in the mire on their own. Here a'int perfect, but its a hell of a saner place to spend one's time.
Occasionally we'll slum it over there for the giggles and the pisstake, but all the serious discussion happens here.
Cheers! 🤣

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users
  • Love
  • Fire

Quatrojos

Regular
Hi Kiki.
We all left that other place after confirming to our own satisfaction that quite likely all your conspiracy theories are correct.
It seems to favour a conflict model to keep eyes and hands twichin' and many have previously expressed the leaning towards an uncomfortably noticeable bias. When we were there, BRN was the indubitable king of those threads, but when Zeebot set this up as an alternative, most of us have left them to play in the mire on their own. Here a'int perfect, but its a hell of a saner place to spend one's time.
Occasionally we'll slum it over there for the giggles and the pisstake, but all the serious discussion happens here.
Cheers! 🤣
In HC's defence, they released BRN and Quantum Ventura news today...

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha

BaconLover

Founding Member
Also, anyone who is in regular communication with the company - who is your point of contact? And does anyone know if they have any in-house legal on staff? This rubbish getting bandied about all over the place by Plato is beyond the pale. This really needs to be addressed and shut down. As shareholders we should all be concerned, it's a targeted attack.

I want to know what these 20 other redflags are so that we can put them to the company and have their feedback.

I don't want to give Plato's flame-fanning any oxygen, I am confident this is just another shortseller's market-influencing ploy, but nevertheless this needs to be addressed, if even only by a strongly worded letter from BRN'S legal representation, because this guy has come out from under the usual anonymous HC posters rock covering and is bandying about qualifications that seem legit but he's making BIG allegations that, as shareholders, we should be rightly concerned about being published.

Pretty sure there are retirees, investors, and possibly you and me (via passive funds) invested in Plato. Look up PL8 on ASX.

I know everyone gets really emotive when it comes to shorting, especially when our SP is in the dumps, but I will say this again - they will go away when/if company performs (No, immaterial Anns are not considered 'performance' by market, because market doesn't have time to check the twitter feed of 2720 companies on ASX, it relies on what's informed on market predominantly, unless someone like Merc does a Merc).

Shorts don't dictate company performance, the whole market does based on what company says it does, when and if there are positive steps taken in the company's life, these shorts become longs and we are all happy.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users
Hi Kiki.
Cheers! 🤣

Hi Hopalong, thanks for the polite and civil response. Not sure what the other poster's issue is, but I do understand your point because it's exhausting over there fighting the good fight.

If we all bowed out, though, we'd effectively be participating in the running down of the sp by allowing the dissemination of unchallenged commentary bagging out the company and the tech.

How's that benefiting any of us?

• Love
Sorry I think your just

Which pot and where? Can you please be more specific? This forum is BRN supportive, right? Right now I'm checking myself for signs of a mini-stroke because I feel like I've walked into a room that I clearly didn't read as well as I had initially thought.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Pretty sure there are retirees, investors, and possibly you and me (via passive funds) invested in Plato. Look up PL8 on ASX.

I know everyone gets really emotive when it comes to shorting, especially when our SP is in the dumps, but I will say this again - they will go away when/if company performs (No, immaterial Anns are not considered 'performance' by market, because market doesn't have time to check the twitter feed of 2720 companies on ASX, it relies on what's informed on market predominantly, unless someone like Merc does a Merc).

Shorts don't dictate company performance, the whole market does based on what company says it does, when and if there are positive steps taken in the company's life, these shorts become longs and we are all happy.
Well, I don't even know what to say. DEFINITELY not me. I don't know why on earth anyone would be invested in BRN *as well as* Plato when Dave Allen has come straight out and told us that Plato's success is contingent on BRN's failure???

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 1 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

Arm has affirmed its commitment to enhancing security measures and facilitating more secure solutions within its ECOSYSTEM “

Arm: Side-channel attack on Cortex-M not indicative of architectural flaws​

Dev Kundaliya
clock
15 May 2023• 3 min read

Side-channel attack on Cortex-M based systems not indicative of architectural flaws, Arm says

Image:
Side-channel attack on Cortex-M based systems not indicative of architectural flaws, Arm says

Researchers managed to attack MCUs commonly used in IoT devices, but this would work with any code with secret-dependent control flow, chip designer says​

Chip designer Arm has said that a successful side-channel attack on its TrustZone-enabled Cortex-M based systems cannot be considered a failure of the protection provided by the architecture.
Following a presentation at the recent Black Hat Asia infosec conference, Arm released the statement in response to allegations that their microcontrollers are vulnerable to side-channel attacks.
During their presentation titled Hand me your secret, MCU! Microarchitectural timing attacks on microcontrollers are practical, researchers from Portugal's Universidade do Minho (UdM) showcased the first functional micro-architectural timing side-channel attack on TrustZone-enabled Cortex-M based systems.
Contrary to the findings presented by the researchers, Arm contended that the micro-architectural timing side-channel attack does not signify a failure in the protective measures provided by the architecture.
"TrustZone technology for Armv8-M processors or the Security Extension in the Armv8-M architecture is designed to provide hardware enforced isolation between software environments. This arrangement protects against most software attacks and covers the security needs for many applications," Arm said.
A side-channel attack is a type of security exploit that focuses on gathering information or influencing the execution of a system using indirect effects or characteristics of the system or its hardware, rather than directly targeting the programme or its code.

These attacks often involve measuring coincidental hardware emissions to extract sensitive information, such as cryptographic keys.
While side-channel attacks were historically challenging to carry out, their prevalence has increased due to a number of factors.
Advances in measuring equipment has significantly enhanced its sensitivity, allowing for the collection of highly detailed data about a system during its operation.
Moreover, the increased computing power and the application of machine learning techniques empower attackers to gain a better understanding of the extracted raw data.
This deeper comprehension of targeted systems enables attackers to effectively exploit subtle variations within a system.
Microcontrollers (MCUs), such as Arm's Cortex-M, were previously considered unlikely targets due to their simplicity.
But following the successful side-channel attack against Cortex-M, researchers are now warning that such attacks could have far-reaching consequences, since MCUs are extensively used in almost every IoT device.
"We can basically break all security isolation guarantees in Arm MCUs, including the state-of-art ones with the TEE TrustZone-M technology," Pinto said.
According to Arm, the security extensions implemented in the Armv8-M architecture do not explicitly assert protection against side-channel attacks arising from control flow or memory access patterns.
"Indeed, such attacks are not specific to the Armv8-M architecture; they may apply to any code with secret-dependent control flow or memory access patterns. This type of attack can be mitigated by ensuring that the control flow and memory accesses patterns created by the program do not depend on secret state. This is already a common feature in security critical code like cryptography libraries," it added.
Arm has affirmed its commitment to enhancing security measures and facilitating the creation of more secure solutions within its ecosystem.
The firm highlighted the introduction of the "Data Independent Timing" feature in the Armv8.1-M architecture as an example of their efforts to mitigate data dependent timing side-channel attacks.
This feature aims to provide protection against such attacks by eliminating timing variations that could be exploited.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users
Top Bottom