BRN Discussion Ongoing

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Hi Hopalong, thanks for the polite and civil response. Not sure what the other poster's issue is, but I do understand your point because it's exhausting over there fighting the good fight.

If we all bowed out, though, we'd effectively be participating in the running down of the sp by allowing the dissemination of unchallenged commentary bagging out the company and the tech.

How's that benefiting any of us?
Hi again Kiki.
Many of us spent years over there, fighting the good fight as we saw it at the time, and some who enjoy conflict continue the battle.
Personally I eventually saw it as a nil sum game where arguing with the nay sayers merely gave them oxygen and fed either their 30 cents a click livelihood or their unbalanced troll like psychology. In an effort to continue there I eventually wound up with so many on ignore that the threads I were reading became virtually unintelligible.
I don't control the internet or its content and will not lose any sleep over disingenuous manipulators plying their filthy trade.
Good luck to you in your crusade cleaning up the muck.
For mine, I find it too corrupt and unedifying to waste any more time there.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users
I said ''passive'' investment too, so in your Super we all could be a part of it if we have invested in index funds etc.

Also, their performance has been steady, so normal for investors to put money on it in these trying times.
Ok, understood. Well sorry, not sorry, to anyone invested in Plato, though, because that ill-advised marketing campaign on the part of Dave Allen has surely just gotten them into a world of legal hurt.

All i want to know is who is their legal representation and is that firm publicly listed because I'm going to invest in them with what practically feels like insider knowledge right now as I suspect Plato might end up responsible for a significant revenue boost for that firm over the coming year or so! 😵‍💫🤨

Seriously, I'm writing to BRN & WBT and sending them the published content and asking them to have their own legal representation review it, advise the Board and, hopefully, challenge Plato forthwith on the manner in which they've chosen to present this, specifically naming BRN & WBT and yet being vague af on the metrics by which they've assessed them - they've practically alleged corporate fraud, or at least that's how it's certainly coming across. The "Clayton's" type!

If those invested in BRN are not absolutely ropeable about this then I don't even know what to say. This absolutely cannot be left unchallenged.

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
The Plato fund that WANCA is involved in shorting BRN is the Plato global alpha fund (formerly called the plato global net zero hedge fund ) This fund is not listed on the asx, its a unlisted managed fund that is struggling for investors (22million dollar fund atm).
This has nothing to do with the plato income maximiser (PL8) listed managed fund. Completly different.

Same company, different fund.

Reactions: 3 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
The tech in the new E-Class is illuminating – literally!

One of my favourite features is the optional DIGITAL LIGHT*. This innovative headlamp technology by #MercedesBenz has a light module with extremely powerful LEDs whose light is refracted and directed by 1.3 million micro-mirrors. The resolution of more than 2.6 million pixels per vehicle delivers incredibly precise light distribution.

Here are a few “highlights”:

▶️ Projection function: This can assist drivers by projecting symbols onto the road ahead. In roadworks, for example, projected guidelines help navigate through narrow lanes.

▶️ Pedestrian warning: DIGITAL LIGHT can also highlight pedestrians identified in the danger area on your road lane with a spotlight. It clarifies a pedestrian’s position by projecting directional points onto the road.

▶️ Adaptive High-Beam Assist Plus: This can control the pixels of the headlamps individually and adjusts the range and shape of the light cone to the current traffic situation. It’s extremely accurate when masking out oncoming traffic or highly reflective traffic signs.

▶️ Topographic light: The topographic light uses the vehicle's navigation data and adjusts the light cone accordingly. When driving over a crest, for example, the headlamp doesn’t shine into the sky, but onto the road.

All-in-all a truly enlightening experience.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 19 users

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230516_161525_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230516_161525_Chrome.jpg
    407.3 KB · Views: 126
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

TopCat

Regular
IMG_3167.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 46 users

JDelekto

Regular
This.

Many (including myself) don’t use socials - so to rely on this as a primary method of coms is unacceptable. How many have sold because they just aren’t receiving news to build confidence? The stocks primary listing is on the ASX and this should be the mechanism for company progress announcements. Other companies manage this, why cant we?!
It has been noted on several occasions that the company issues the Press Releases on their corporate Web site. I have also seen this particular article appear in the news feed for BRCHF on Fidelity's platform and from Reuters. I consider neither of those sources to be social media.

It has been stated that because they had received a warning from the ASX so they are erring on the side of caution.

A similar anecdote, I once got a ticket for running a red light because I entered the intersection after the traffic light turned yellow. Now when I approach an intersection even when very close, and the light turns yellow, I end up slowing (sometimes rather quickly) and stopping.

Because of my negative experience, I've been conditioned to do this. It torques several drivers behind me and once got me rear-ended because the person tailgating me expected me to run it like many others.

I don't blame BRN for this. I blame the use of officiousness that drove them to be this cautious in the first place.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

misslou

Founding Member
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Damo4

Regular
Surely going to the website of the company you are thinking of investing is not unreasonable.

Don't we want to spread news to people who aren't yet thinking of investing?

Yeah mate, we do. I don't want to bicker about it, but social media, especially twitter is the closest thing to live news. If you want a message to spread to people who aren't already keeping their finger on the pulse; twitter, YT, LinkedIn etc are the way. I'm not saying it's the best way for a company to release ANNs, it's possibly the worst way for SHs, but Im just focused on the spreading to new people bit that you and Rocket mentioned.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Kachoo

Regular
Ok, understood. Well sorry, not sorry, to anyone invested in Plato, though, because that ill-advised marketing campaign on the part of Dave Allen has surely just gotten them into a world of legal hurt.

All i want to know is who is their legal representation and is that firm publicly listed because I'm going to invest in them with what practically feels like insider knowledge right now as I suspect Plato might end up responsible for a significant revenue boost for that firm over the coming year or so! 😵‍💫🤨

Seriously, I'm writing to BRN & WBT and sending them the published content and asking them to have their own legal representation review it, advise the Board and, hopefully, challenge Plato forthwith on the manner in which they've chosen to present this, specifically naming BRN & WBT and yet being vague af on the metrics by which they've assessed them - they've practically alleged corporate fraud, or at least that's how it's certainly coming across. The "Clayton's" type!

If those invested in BRN are not absolutely ropeable about this then I don't even know what to say. This absolutely cannot be left unchallenged.
Let us be honest who cares what Plato writes today. If they shorted BRN it was a while ago and now goes hard writing so they can cover. I mean it's pretty silly if he just got on a short now after an 80 % correction lol. Does not have much real l to make.

But feel free to write them don't think much time or effort will be spent.

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Live now:

Edit: or maybe in 3.5 hrs time 🤪

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
If BRN ever puts me into a position to follow my music making dream, then i will officially make my stage name DJ Brainchip Holdings
Can your first album be called Akida Ballista? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Foxdog

Regular
Right, so while some are bickering about Bacon Lover being a bully, which is bullycrap by the way, I'm going to get a little excited by Ant 61 using AKIDA. I can already see the news articles surrounding the satellite robot. Everyone knows about satellites and space junk so the general public will love this, or at least understand it. What's more important though is NASA (and other space agencies) undoubted interest in a technology that can reduce the amount of space junk that is created. Space junk is a huge threat to satellites and manned space missions alike. If NASA is using AKIDA for other purposes then I'm feeling some potential space ubiquity building here. There's also the possibility that AKIDA can be used to enhance the current tracking process of the said 'junk'....did I say ubiquitous?
Right, back to the bullying BL BS 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

Is Vodafone a chance to be the telco company Sean has mentioned 🤷🏻‍♂️

Soaring through Spanish skies: Vodafone at MWC 2023​

BY ALAN LU

Submit

photo of a man holding a miniature 5G base station built around a modified Raspberry Pi mini desktop PC

From remotely piloting drones to detecting forest fires using IoT, Vodafone showed off the powerful potential of its technology at the Mobile World Congress is Spain.​

Mobile World Congress (MWC) is the world’s biggest and most important telecommunications industry conference and trade show, taking place annually in Barcelona.
At the 2023 MWC, Vodafone showed how valuable and useful its network can be in some unusual scenarios, as well as how it’s helping to lead the industry in the development and usage of critical technology.
As the Congress comes to an end, we give you the Vodafone ‘news in brief’ highlights.
  • Pilots in Barcelona flew a drone in Seville….1,000km away. Signals were sent between the drone and the pilot’s controls and VR headset over Vodafone’s network. The headset enabled the pilots to see the airspace around the drone.
  • Vodafone built a miniature 5G base station, using a modified Raspberry Pi mini desktop PC as the foundation. Such units could be used to bring 5G Mobile Private Networks to many more small and medium-sized businesses.
  • Authorities in Sardinia are trialling IoT sensors to see if they can predict forest fires by monitoring temperature, humidity and air pressure.
  • Vodafone and Orange will work together to improve mobile signal in rural areas across Europe, starting with a pilot in Romania using OpenRAN.
  • Vodafone and Intel unveiled a prototype radio unit (a crucial part of every mast) built using OpenRANtechnology.
  • The Lenovo Connect IoT service is now using Vodafone’s network.
  • Vodafone has worked with Orange, Telefonica and Ericsson to develop APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) to make it easier for software developers to use 5G network features in their programs and apps.
Many of these MWC showcase developments tie in with work done by Vodafone in the UK, such as:

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

Dr E Brown

Regular
Just in case you want to stay upto date with the company news.
It requires you to register with your email address.
Never miss another news alert!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

robsmark

Regular
It has been noted on several occasions that the company issues the Press Releases on their corporate Web site. I have also seen this particular article appear in the news feed for BRCHF on Fidelity's platform and from Reuters. I consider neither of those sources to be social media.

It has been stated that because they had received a warning from the ASX so they are erring on the side of caution.

A similar anecdote, I once got a ticket for running a red light because I entered the intersection after the traffic light turned yellow. Now when I approach an intersection even when very close, and the light turns yellow, I end up slowing (sometimes rather quickly) and stopping.

Because of my negative experience, I've been conditioned to do this. It torques several drivers behind me and once got me rear-ended because the person tailgating me expected me to run it like many others.

I don't blame BRN for this. I blame the use of officiousness that drove them to be this cautious in the first place.
It’s not managements job to drive 5km under the speed limit or stop prematurely at an intersection, it’s their job to drive professionally and optimally. If they sped and got a ticket, then in future do the limit, don’t drive under it. This is why they earn the big salaries, this is whey they were engaged in the first place. Many other companies on the ASX have zero issues announcing partnerships - there’s literally a mechanism for this… it’s called a non-price sensitive announcement.

As an investor, it isn’t my job to check the website for updates, it’s the companies to ensure I’m made aware of that information. This is done via the ASX, and distributed by my trading platform. The system was designed to work this was and every other company on the ASX runs this way - why are we any different?

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Dr E Brown

Regular
You may or may not have noticed that many companies have pulled back their ASX announcements over the last year or so. I have other stocks that used to continually update via ASX non price sensitive announcements. They very rarely have anything through that avenue now, but have taken to sending out newsletters to shareholders.
Your question has been answered a myriad of times, it appears none of the responses are to your satisfaction.
I think your premise has merit, but I strongly believe the company is communicating in the best interests of shareholders, given we are on an ASX watch list for “pumping” announcements thanks to our previous CEO.
It is managements job to drive safely and responsibly. I believe they are! I’m happy in their vehicle.
Please talk to the driver and don’t annoy the other passengers with repetitive complaints.
It’s not managements job to drive 5km under the speed limit or stop prematurely at an intersection, it’s their job to drive professionally and optimally. If they sped and got a ticket, then in future do the limit, don’t drive under it. This is why they earn the big salaries, this is whey they were engaged in the first place. Many other companies on the ASX have zero issues announcing partnerships - there’s literally a mechanism for this… it’s called a non-price sensitive announcement.

As an investor, it isn’t my job to check the website for updates, it’s the companies to ensure I’m made aware of that information. This is done via the ASX, and distributed by my trading platform. The system was designed to work this was and every other company on the ASX runs this way - why are we any different?

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 24 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

Experts Weigh Impact of Intel-Arm Collaboration​

By Anton Shilov 05.15.2023 0

Intel Foundry Services and Arm agreed last month to optimize Arm’s IP for Intel’s upcoming 18A process technology (1.8 nm). The collaboration will focus on mobile designs and will undertake design technology co-optimization (DTCO) and system technology co-optimization (STCO), which means that Arm’s IP will be optimized both for Intel’s forthcoming production node and for the company’s advanced packaging technologies.
Intel Foundry Services and Arm will jointly fine-tune Arm’s IP using the DTCO methodology for Intel’s 18A manufacturing process to optimize performance, power and costs of upcoming designs. One of the key fruits of this collaboration will be development of “an Arm-based mobile SoC and silicon technology demonstration and reference platform for chip designs,” which is a rather broad definition of the work.
Meanwhile, Intel and Arm confirm that the work has commenced.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

Jchandel

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users
Top Bottom