BRN Discussion Ongoing

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Not sure why we are still hung up about shorters and SP rubbish. How do you think the SP got to $2.34? The shorters (as they are known) make money in both directions. They see a stock that has highly talked about and likely they see it's potential but rely on retail not to understand the process. They buy low talk it up full well knowing the tech is quite a way off being commercial (like gold mine finding gold that too deep or years away from from production) and they buy buy buy. Retail will jump on board and then they set a price range borrow some stock and sell sell sell!

This way they have their cake and can eat it too. They have double the stock to sell because they already bought on the way up. Double dipping the profit. (they sell both their stock that was bought low= profit, then sell their borrowed stock which puts massive pressure on the SP) So the market clearly has settled on a fair value of 39-50c. It now is trading between these area.

The good news is that once we do see some decent news/revenue then 124 Million shares need to be bought quickly before they lose their shirts.

Anyway most know this already. The company is clearly making connections in many areas and time is our only obstacle IMO. Changing/disrupting a market doesn't happen quickly, this has always been the truth. That is way sayings like :"Rome was built in a day" have been around for 100's of years.
Worms and slime moulds have a place in the ecology and perform valuable and necessary functions.
Occasionally however, when the system is off kilter or out of equilibrium they can have unwelcome and unduly exaggerated influence unnecessarily damaging and inhibiting a Companies ability to flourish by gross manipulation for the mere fiscal benefit of the few at the cost of the many.
In these cases they are acting more like cancers and I regard them as such.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users
D

Deleted member 118

Yet another great social media announcement. One day we might get another worthy asx announcement.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Yet another great social media announcement. One day we might get another worthy asx announcement.

The worthy Ann: :cool: 😂

lols.png

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Of interest?
From the latest review of the Porsche Cayenne e-hybrid.
Porsche.jpg

Different to the MB which annoyingly will blank the passenger screen if the vehicle detects the driver trying to have a peek.

Reactions: 4 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
BRAINCHIP AND QUANTUM VENTURA PARTNER TO DEVELOP CYBER THREAT DETECTION

Martha Stewart Waving Flag GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show
GREEN FLAG PLATO

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 26 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Respectfully Hopalong, I think you’re missing the point.

“Particularly when it has been subjected to blatant manipulation and shorting attacks reducing its daily valuation by two thirds from this time last year.”

There is a reason we have been shorted - very little revenue and no new announced commercial customers. These institutions have entered our house, and they have destroyed our SP by shorting… but management gave them the keys.

“Instead they are dependant upon individuals or sections reaching and exceeding certain KPI's which will be growth and performance based on Company expectations and requirements.”

Some employees (then CEO, Marketing, BDM, anyone non technical for that matter) have KPIs which are likely bound or at least attached to financial performance. These have clearly not been met. Sean stated that we should have been financially self sufficient (early in 2022, though I forget where and when) by they end of last year, and he also said that he should be judged by his performance by this AGM. Lets face it - the SP dropping by 2/3rds isn’t a great achievement.

These people get paid a lot of money to be responsible for the management of a vessel that contains your money. Some on here need to stop making excuses and call it want it is.

My 2c - throw your punches at get it over with.
Hi Rob.

My point is that looking back mistakes may have been made, the absolute pristine path of growth may have been missed and that it stinks that our share price is lower at the moment than its all time highs. As a fellow share holder these are all points of concern.

However, I choose to focus my attention on what Sean and the Company are doing now to try and address these issues.
They have some baggage to clear from the past, and, as ugly as it may appear, I would like them to be rid of it so they can focus on lessons learnt, and get on with it.

Some may think Sean has had his chance and did not cut the mustard, but I think he deserves more time to get the Company traction and I'm yet to hear an alternate plan of action moving forward, beyond "off with his head".

I think we need to back in our management, acknowledging they are but merely human, and thus liable to error, and having hopefully learned from such, support their ongoing efforts on our behalf in moving forward and progressing the Company and its aims, which will eventually be reflected in our share price.

If your team fumbles and stumbles calling them names may bring a brief moment of self gratification but it's ultimately not conducive to the result desired. That, in a nutshell is my point.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

mcm

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire

Foxdog

Regular
Hi Rob.

My point is that looking back mistakes may have been made, the absolute pristine path of growth may have been missed and that it stinks that our share price is lower at the moment than its all time highs. As a fellow share holder these are all points of concern.

However, I choose to focus my attention on what Sean and the Company are doing now to try and address these issues.
They have some baggage to clear from the past, and, as ugly as it may appear, I would like them to be rid of it so they can focus on lessons learnt, and get on with it.

Some may think Sean has had his chance and did not cut the mustard, but I think he deserves more time to get the Company traction and I'm yet to hear an alternate plan of action moving forward, beyond "off with his head".

I think we need to back in our management, acknowledging they are but merely human, and thus liable to error, and having hopefully learned from such, support their ongoing efforts on our behalf in moving forward and progressing the Company and its aims, which will eventually be reflected in our share price.

If your team fumbles and stumbles calling them names may bring a brief moment of self gratification but it's ultimately not conducive to the result desired. That, in a nutshell is my point.
But they still need to be accountable and address the valid concerns of Shareholders. Our money is paying their salaries and bonuses. To continue in this secretive (NDA bubble) whilst not putting ASX announcements out (price sensitive or not) simply can't continue. Particularly when the SP has retraced by around 75% and the latest 4C had an insignificant revenue figure. The lack of transparency here and inability to navigate the ASX reporting rules is particularly unprofessional for a listed company. By their actions our management are enabling the shorters to decimate the value of our holdings.

These NDA's had better lead to revenue soon, otherwise using them as a reason for suppressing the flow of information to shareholders may be seen as a deceitful tactic.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

overpup

Regular

BrainChip and Quantum Ventura Partner to Develop Cyber Threat Detection​

Laguna Hills, Calif. – May 15, 2023 – BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP, announced today Quantum Ventura Inc., a San Jose-based provider of AI/ML research and technologies, will use BrainChip’s Akida™ technology to develop new cyber threat-detection tools.

In this federally funded phase 2 program, Quantum Ventura is creating state-of-the-art cybersecurity applications for the U.S. Department of Energy under the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program. The program is focused on “Cyber threat-detection using neuromorphic computing,” which aims to develop an advanced approach to detect and prevent cyberattacks on computer networks and critical infrastructure using brain-inspired artificial intelligence.

“Neuromorphic computing is an ideal technology for threat detection because of its small size and power, accuracy, and in particular, its ability to learn and adapt, since attackers are constantly changing their tactics,” said Srini Vasan, President and CEO of Quantum Ventura Inc. “We believe that our solution incorporating BrainChip’s Akida will be a breakthrough for defending against cyber threats and address additional applications as well.”

“This project with the Department of Energy offers an ideal opportunity to demonstrate how Akida opens up new possibilities in cybersecurity, including the ability to run complex AI algorithms at the edge, reducing the dependency on the cloud” said Rob Telson, Vice President of Ecosystems & Partnerships at BrainChip. “We are excited about the progress that Quantum Ventura are making with BrainChip in this project which is extremely vital to the safety of the nation’s infrastructure.”

The Akida neural processor and AI IP can find unknown, repeating patterns in vast amounts of noisy data, which is an asset in cyber threat detection. Once Akida learns what normal network traffic patterns look like, it can detect malware, attack signatures, and other types of malicious activity. Because of Akida’s unique ability to learn on device in a secure fashion, without need for cloud retraining, it can quickly learn new attack patterns, enabling it to easily adapt to emerging threats.

BrainChip IP supports incremental learning, on-chip learning, and high-speed inference with unsurpassed performance in micro watt to milli-watt power budgets, ideal for advanced AI/ML devices such as intelligent sensors, medical devices, high-end video-object detection, and ADAS/autonomous systems. Akida is an event-based technology that is inherently lower power than conventional neural network accelerators, providing energy efficiency with high performance for partners to deliver AI solutions previously not possible on even battery-operated or fan-less embedded, edge devices.

About Quantum Ventura Inc.

Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley in historic San Jose downtown, Quantum Ventura Inc. is in the business of creating innovative and groundbreaking systems and technologies in the areas of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, AI/ML Verification and Validation, Cybersecurity, Secure Mobile technology (Diamond Droid) and HPC-driven Big Data Analytics. Quantum Ventura’s R&D division, QuantumX Research Labs, undertakes R&D services in providing advanced technology solutions to federal agencies and corporations throughout the U.S. Quantum Ventura excels in developing concepts into market-focused products and customer-driven solutions, designing creative solutions, and building unique products for challenging problems with complete end-to-end solutions, components, and unsurpassed technical expertise. For more information visit https://www.quantumventura.com/.
Quantum Ventura: Bit Detective (sorry) 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
But they still need to be accountable and address the valid concerns of Shareholders. Our money is paying their salaries and bonuses. To continue in this secretive (NDA bubble) whilst not putting ASX announcements out (price sensitive or not) simply can't continue. Particularly when the SP has retraced by around 75% and the latest 4C had an insignificant revenue figure. The lack of transparency here and inability to navigate the ASX reporting rules is particularly unprofessional for a listed company. By their actions our management are enabling the shorters to decimate the value of our holdings.

These NDA's had better lead to revenue soon, otherwise using them as a reason for suppressing the flow of information to shareholders may be seen as a deceitful tactic.
Are we in a trading halt . Ah , no . Just no interest in buying for an unusuall period of time . Was thinking we were going to get an announcement. Oh well . At least I am still positive 🫰

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Nice video!

Cool!

1.09 mins in it says something along the lines of:

"Along with our co-development partners Lockheed Martin, Quantum Ventura has been able to create an advanced AI/ML verification and validation technology that the marketplace someday soon will not be able to live without. Our tools are relevant for both DOD and non-DOD customers."

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 50 users
People have been envious about the ones buying Brainchip at four cents, how easy it is for them to ride along at 40 cents and that's understandable, because they weren't in those peoples shoes back then.

In a few years, people will envy those that bought at the suppressed levels of 40 cents, because how easy it is for them to ride along when Brainchip falls back to 4 dollars. They won't ever understand the uncertainty, the lack of information, the doubts, the shorter manipulation, the risks, the constant scanning of new potential competitors, the disbelief that the share price is falling despite new partnerships and appraisals.

Many of those that will envy the ones buying at 40 cents, are the ones who would never dream of buying Brainchip now.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 55 users

Screenshot_20230516_093743_Twitter.jpg

Seems to be a common sentiment.

Show Me The Money GIF

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users
I would like to know this at the AGM,

"Of the partners gaining access to the second Gen Akida technology early, as in currently or imminently, do they all have access to IP already through being Renesas Customers or Megachips Licensees or end users?"

The reason being, if Gen 2 is only "generally available" later in the year, if the answer to the above question is yes, then through the process of deduction, one could assume there will unlikely be any new IP deals signed before Akida 2000 is available.... In my view..

Reactions: 7 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!

Non Disclosure Agreements are simply part and parcel of the sector in which we are involved.
Whilst they are distasteful to researchers and those who want full transparency they are a fact of life and our managements take on this has been consistent for some time now.
It is rather like the US govt's stance on neither confirming nor denying the existence of nuclear weapons on any of its platforms at any given time.
You can jump up and down about this as much as you like but it is ultimately a strategy to deny anyone oxygen on the matter and is a decision of the board judged to be in the overall interest of the Company and its share holders.
The fact that manipulators will twist this to their ends is not the intent or doing of the company.
I am sure there is much the Company would love to disclose, if it were able, that would provide a sugar hit to the share price and short term balm to us holders, but this is all the stuff of dozens of other, less serious players in the market.
We are now playing with the Big boys and every one of our moves and disclosures are scrutinised and dissected by them to judge our maturity and readiness to sit at the big table.
Whilst this short term diminution of our market price is uncomfortable I see it as just a few steps on the path towards ultimate justification, built upon in no small way by our ability to keep agreements.

"A non-disclosure agreement (NDA) is a legally binding contract that establishes a confidential relationship. The party or parties signing the agreement agree that sensitive information they may obtain will not be made available to any others. An NDA may also be referred to as a confidentiality agreement."

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users
There's a simple explanation why they don't as Bacon pointed out. Until the partnership produces revenue, it is immaterial.

Even if it was a non price sensitive announcement on the ASX, it is not going to cause a shift in the share price so why bother? It takes time and money to put together the announcement.

Personally, I am okay with this arrangement as I would rather the team focus their energy into converting the partnerships into licenses than spending time on immaterial announcements.
1684203430303.png

Atleast someone thinks its a newsworthy item worthy- Dow Jones news wires 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Love
  • Fire
It's not a case of them being sensitive. The ASX does not run on sensitivity. It's a case of having orderly announcements to the market through the ASX, in compliance with the listing rules, be they price sensitive or non-price sensitive. Not announcing something that should be announced according to the ASX Listing Rules is just as bad as announcing something that shouldn't be announced. If the announcement is not listed as price sensitive I cannot see that it is a ramping announcement. Nevertheless, the formation of a partnership with a view to developing a product seems to me to be a matter that shareholders should be told of through at the very least a non-price sensitive announcement. Might be time for BRN to get a second opinion from another independent legal advisor.
Once the announcements start flowing, at least that will be a good sign that the revenue will follow

Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20
So many new partnerships, but still only 2 IP deals. Surely we will get 1 new IP deal soon
The wheels of commerce grind slow ...

A number of the partnerships have been described in terms of co-developments (year of engagement):

Edge Impulse (2020)
nViso (2022)
Prophesee ((2022)
SiFive (2022)
Socionext (2020) ("It's complicated" (SynQuacer))
Valeo (2020).

Apart from Valeo and Socionext, most of these are early stage companies with leading edge products at the frontier of their industry.

Some of the co-developments may result in licences, and some may be in the form of Joint Developments which involve profit-sharing rather than licence fees.

Then we have relationships with chip makers and foundries:

Global Foundries (2023)
IFS (2023)
MegaChips (licencee) (2021)
Renesas (licencee) (2019)
TSMC (via Socionext), (2020)

to which we could add our ARM (2022) IP licensing business ecosystem partner making Akida IP available to its customers.

Any commercial outcomes from these relationships should produce licence fees. Both ARM and Intel are experiencing elevated levels of competition

Then there are some US government contractors (SBIR):

Intellisense (NASA) (2023)
Quantum Ventura (DoE) (2023)
Vorago (NASA) (20)
ISL (AFRL) (2022)

There is a new urgency in the US government's attitude to procurement of leading edge technology.

Medical:

Biotome
NaNose (?)

Any progress on this front will be dependent on the sensing technology being proven and obtaining government approval.

Akida can also detect irregularities in X-rays and also handle the output of medical sensors.

Many companies which develop medical sensors may be startups which would need JDs rather than licences.

Other possibilities include:

Boeing/USAF (Loyal Wingman)
Ford
Magik eye
Mercedes
MosChips
Samsung (smart fridge)
SoundHound (Mercedes)
TCS (robotics+)
Unity Tech (Mercedes)

Some would add Qualcomm to this list (but I wouldn't (at the moment)).

Small start-ups would be unlikely to be able to afford licence fees and development costs, so would probably want JD.

These lists are certainly incomplete, so additional information will be gratefully received.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 98 users
Top Bottom