BRN Discussion Ongoing

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
Unfortunately, I don't have that "privelige".
Did you happen to abuse that privilege once upon a time?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Don’t fret - do you have any idea how many northern hemispherists would not be able to give the correct answer to the question “What is the capital of Australia?”
The correct answer is Dozitreelymatta.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
Does Brainchip have a place in edge to cloud ? “collection & processed data edge to cloud”…?

Looking into a telco company , with some interesting drone technology

Reactions: 3 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
See that on the crapper as well?

(ball) Sackman posted it yesterday morn and was going back n forth with him yesterday cause I posted this over there in response

He tried to dismiss as not related to Plato vid but my point was it was founded on shorting. Apparently couldn't follow my logic :rolleyes:

Kinda like this guy as backs up opinion with supporting logic unlike (ball) Sackman.

View attachment 36435 View attachment 36436 View attachment 36437 View attachment 36438 View attachment 36439 View attachment 36440 View attachment 36441 View attachment 36442
I think I've made my opinion on Short sellers(in particular those who short sell individual companies to screw the little guy) well known. But I guess there's no harm in stating it again.

You are scumbag rat c*** who deserves to be riddled with every horrible disease known to man.

The sooner its banned the better. The system is already rigged to favor institutions and short selling only adds to that.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 47 users
Hmmmm ....

This bloke admits he does not know what's happening with AI, but he doesn't seem to have done anything to remedy that deficit. Is his reference to picks and shovels an indication of the field in which he is most comfortable?

I don't know what his 126 flags are, nor the 22 that BRN earned other than it is down 80% from its peak, and it has no income. He also pays a lot for his coffee.

He refers to BRN's peak SP, but he does not mention what triggered that spike.

I wonder how he developed a flag system for a first-in-the-universe digital spiking neural network IP licensing company start-up. There must have been lots of examples to develop 126 flags.

Of the 10,000 companies in the Fund's investment universe, one Australian company has 22 red flags - Brainchip Holdings (ASX: BRN).

"ASML (NASDAQ: ASML) has 88% market share, so a virtual monopoly in the deep ultraviolet lithography machines that are required to build the chips that are used in all of the technology around us, but specifically all of AI," he says.

"If you ask who is going to be the eventual winner of the AI race, it's very hard to say. But what you can say is that this picks and shovels approach of investing in the companies that are producing the machines that are producing the chips are going to win
."

Yes, the US taking chip manufacture back in-house will cause a spike in UV lithography machine sales, and AI will increase the demand for new chips, but that does not make ASML an AI company.

Even though he makes most of his money from shorts, surely the time to short BRN was when it was $2.34?

Why would he choose to publish this negative post now that the BRN share price decline seems to have

Guess he’s going public as he wants to now buy back and retail to sell to him..
My thoughts exactly

Reactions: 2 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Hmmmm ....

This bloke admits he does not know what's happening with AI, but he doesn't seem to have done anything to remedy that deficit. Is his reference to picks and shovels an indication of the field in which he is most comfortable?

I don't know what his 126 flags are, nor the 22 that BRN earned other than it is down 80% from its peak, and it has no income. He also pays a lot for his coffee.

I wonder how he developed a flag system for a first-in-the-universe digital spiking neural network IP licensing company start-up. There must have been lots of examples to develop 126 flags.

Of the 10,000 companies in the Fund's investment universe, one Australian company has 22 red flags - Brainchip Holdings (ASX: BRN).

"ASML (NASDAQ: ASML) has 88% market share, so a virtual monopoly in the deep ultraviolet lithography machines that are required to build the chips that are used in all of the technology around us, but specifically all of AI," he says.

"If you ask who is going to be the eventual winner of the AI race, it's very hard to say. But what you can say is that this picks and shovels approach of investing in the companies that are producing the machines that are producing the chips are going to win
."

Yes, the US taking chip manufacture back in-house will cause a spike in UV lithography machine sales, and AI will increase the demand for new chips, but that does not make ASML an AI company.

Even though he makes most of his money from shorts, surely the time to short BRN was when it was $2.34?

Why would he choose to publish this negative post now that the BRN share price decline seems to have bottomed?
Why would he choose to publish this negative post now that the BRN share price decline seems to have bottomed?

All of my associates on our monthly round table discussion (piss up) on everything relevant to ourselves, have labeled this ****ing clown Dr David Allen and Plato Investment Management, the devil incarnate, another wannabe Hindenburg Financial f***wit that would say anything and do anything to make a dollar.

He even uses the Dr title to sell his bullshit, a confidence man and snake oil salesman and the general consensus among our group a complete twat.

not only my opinion, dyor

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

JDelekto

Regular
Think we’ve found one of the larger BRN shorters …..Plato funds management.

concerning that out of their universe of 10,000 global stocks to potentially short, Brainchip have the second most number of red flags (22 red flags) & Dr David Allen openly confirms they are one of Plato’s bigger shorts.

Extract
There are a lot of red flags on the ASX right now

Allen and his team have recently identified a higher average number of red flags per stock in Australia compared with other countries around the world. He's steadfast that he's not bearish on Australia, in general, but recommends investors avoid a "blind index approach".

He also points to Weebit Nano (ASX: WBT) as another Australian-listed short in the portfolio - which he notes, has a valuation of more than $1 billion but makes "zero revenue".

View attachment 36433
While I know how the mechanics of shorting work, it is not something I've ever been interested in attempting with my limited knowledge of investment techniques. Even if I had said experience, there are two reasons I wouldn't want to consider it. First, I am not one to invest in someone else's loss. Second, being at the wrong end of the trade could be a financial disaster for the person doing the shorting.

While there may be "22 flags" that a given analyst uses to determine what stock they choose to short on any given day, I feel that shorting a potentially disruptive technology stock just breaking into the industry is like playing with matches.

A person with a lemonade stand makes money now, reinvests in the business, and scales up over time. Technology companies selling hardware like BrainChip are making little to nothing on their product until it has been fully designed, tested, and released to developers. The majority of the money they are making comes from investors or loans. Even software tech giants can make money through advertising and gathering data, where the users are the product.

It takes time for hardware to be designed, tested, and marketed. Neuromorphic processors are a new technology for the industry, but it has specific applications identified as being well-suited. It will take time for the industry to adopt it. Based on what has been said by several people who have used BrainChip's technology, I have no reason to think that it will not be chosen for some specific technical reasons.

It has been argued that companies can use several other AI products to achieve their goals. I firmly believe any engineer worth their salt will minimize costs while reducing power requirements. Additionally, allowing a device to work on the edge in cases where connectivity does not exist is attractive from a usability and security standpoint.

As I've mentioned, I don't think BrainChip is a stock for the day trader. One would have to be trading a large volume to make it worthwhile. I also think a large number of shorts, lucrative in the company's infancy, can become far too risky for my tastes when a company like BrainChip is as far along as it is now.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

AARONASX

Holding onto what I've got
FPO? that looks new

1684099168834.png

Reactions: 2 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Sounds like his made his money on the way down now he trying make his money on the way up! From his point of view it's a win/win. Short selling should be outlawed.

Start of LDA deal, BRN SP approx 88 cents.
End of the LDA deal, BRN SP approx 35 cents.

Must be coincidence. And I'm sure they just wanted their 8% commission with 30 million at disposal to sell down. The instos are so straight forward, these guys would only use a "put option" to make that 8% on the market, surely.
They changed it in 2020. Can view it on the browser but not on mobile I think.

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

AARONASX

Start of LDA deal, BRN SP approx 88 cents.
End of the LDA deal, BRN SP approx 35 cents.

Must be coincidence. And I'm sure they just wanted their 8% commission with 30 million at disposal to sell down. The instos are so straight forward, these guys would only use a "put option" to make that 8% on the market, surely.

They changed it in 2020. Can view it on the browser but not on mobile I think.
I'm on Commsec at the moment and it doesnt say FPO

Sorry, everyone :) .... all good! i refreshed it again and came back to normally

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Shadow59

Regular
Reactions: 4 users

Xray1

Regular
I think I've made my opinion on Short sellers(in particular those who short sell individual companies to screw the little guy) well known. But I guess there's no harm in stating it again.

You are scumbag rat c*** who deserves to be riddled with every horrible disease known to man.

The sooner its banned the better. The system is already rigged to favor institutions and short selling only adds to that.
IMO ...it will be most interesting to see what actually happens with the ASX once the gov't regulator fully investigates as to why the ASX didn't proceed on with the "Blockchain" technology given that they had spent well over ~$ 200million on it .........hmmm ?????? !!!!! . I was under the impression that the blockchain technology potentially had the ability to curb Stock Manipulation, Shorts, Bots, ...etc etc

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

AARONASX

Fully Paid Ordinary??
Hi Rob, thanks that's what I thoughts also, I've refreshed it and came good (back to normal). so I'll just assume it was a quirk in the system this morning.

Reactions: 1 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
And it looks like imec is hungry for the digital SNN pie after all:

“SENeCA is our first RISC-V-based digital neuromorphic processor to accelerate bio-inspired Spiking Neural Networks for extreme edge applications inside or near sensors where ultra-low power and adaptivity features are required. SENeCA is optimized to exploit unstructured spatio-temporal sparsity in computations and data transfer. It is a digital IP, that contains interconnected Neuron Cluster Cores, with a RISC-V-based instruction set, an optimized Neuromorphic Co-Processor, and an event-based communication infrastructure. SENeCA improves state of the art by Addressing the flexibility issue in neuromorphic processors by allowing a fully programmable neuron model and learning/adaptivity algorithms; Improving the area efficiency by employing a 3-level memory hierarchy which allows using novel embedded memory technologies; Efficient deployment of advanced learning mechanisms and optimization algorithms by accelerating neural operations in three data types: int4, int8 and BrainFloat16; Efficient event communication by using a new Network-on-Chip with multicasting, a compression mechanism, and source-based routing. The implemented digital IP can be tuned for different applications to have a flexible number of cores and Neural Processing Elements (NPEs) per core and optional use of off-chip memory. Next to the hardware, the SENeCA platform includes an SDK and a hardware-aware simulator for close-loop synthesis/mapping optimization 1.”

Interestingly, one of the paper’s authors, Gert-Jan van Schaik (from imec the Netherlands, Eindhoven), shares the same surname with André van Schaik, Director of WSU’s International Centre for Neuromorphic Systems. Maybe our Dutch or Flemish posters can tell us whether or not it is a common surname? Possibly the two of them are related?
We do have one link to Imec. But maybe a bit of a stretch.

Attachments

• A4DB71C9-569F-40EC-A09A-2D6F3863FB27.jpeg
    A4DB71C9-569F-40EC-A09A-2D6F3863FB27.jpeg
    964.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Hmmmm ....

."

He would’ve been correct to start 2021, at the commencement of the aggressive rate hike cycle and rotation from growth into value. At the same time the “current leaders became the best shorts” is a traders staple in a bear market.

But now, after an 18month bear market and a stock down over 80% from its peak, if the company fundamentals of a company are sound, there is no justification of a “short narrative, or “red flag overvaluation” type propaganda, as the market is valuing what is perceived in the coming 6months , not what is in black and white now.. As the worst of inflation, rate hikes, and macro is priced in, therefore its simply a matter from here of what Brainchip produces in the nature of Its tangible fundamental progression, not how short interest is positioned..

That’s my view. I know a few pro’s that won’t touch BRN as a short here as it’s already had 3 decent waves down over 18months.. It’d be more hedging related at this stage in my view.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
In a nutshell, it’s not the short selling that decides BRN valuation, it’s BRN, and anyone who thinks otherwise is just burying their head in the sand in my view

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

manny100

Regular

All of my associates on our monthly round table discussion (piss up) on everything relevant to ourselves, have labeled this ****ing clown Dr David Allen and Plato Investment Management, the devil incarnate, another wannabe Hindenburg Financial f***wit that would say anything and do anything to make a dollar.

He even uses the Dr title to sell his bullshit, a confidence man and snake oil salesman and the general consensus among our group a complete twat.

not only my opinion, dyor
Probably trying to get a bit more time to cover shorts.
Shorts peaked in March but still high.
Shorts are ruthless.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom