BRN Discussion Ongoing

Damo4

Regular
I remain long on BRN but this announcement is the biggest test of patience after 7 years of holding

Perfect summary, hopefully everyone can remain calm and help support each other, we all have the same goal.
Do what's best for yourself, and keep your head up if that's to hold.

• Love
Reactions: 26 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Has anyone else stumbled upon this 3 year EU-funded research project called Nimble AI, kick-started in November 2022, that “aims to unlock the potential of neuromorphic vision?“ Couldn’t find anything here on TSE with the help of the search function except a reference to US-based company Nimble Robotics, but they seem totally unrelated.

The 19 project partners include imec in Leuven (Belgium) as well as Paris-based GrAI Matter Labs, highly likely Brainchip’s most serious competitor, according to other posters.

An article about Nimble AI’s ambitious project was published today:

What do you make of of the consortium’s claim that their 3D neuromorphic vision chip will have more than an edge over Akida once it will be ready to hit the market? 🤔

NimbleAI: Ultra-Energy Efficient and Secure Neuromorphic Sensing and Processing at the Endpoint​

“Today only very light AI processing tasks are executed in ubiquitous IoT endpoint devices, where sensor data are generated and access to energy is usually constrained. However, this approach is not scalable and results in high penalties in terms of security, privacy, cost, energy consumption, and latency as data need to travel from endpoint devices to remote processing systems such as data centres. Inefficiencies are especially evident in energy consumption.
To keep up pace with the exponentially growing amount of data (e.g. video) and allow more advanced, accurate, safe and timely interactions with the surrounding environment, next-generation endpoint devices will need to run AI algorithms (e.g. computer vision) and other compute intense tasks with very low latency (i.e. units of ms or less) and energy envelops (i.e. tens of mW or less).
NimbleAI will harness the latest advances in microelectronics and integrated circuit technology to create an integral neuromorphic sensing-processing solution to efficiently run accurate and diverse computer vision algorithms in resource- and area-constrained chips destined to endpoint devices. Biology will be a major source of inspiration in NimbleAI, especially with a focus to reproduce adaptivity and experience-induced plasticity that allow biological structures to continuously become more efficient in processing dynamic visual stimuli.
NimbleAI is expected to allow significant improvements compared to state-of-the-art (e.g. commercially available neuromorphic chips), and at least 100x improvement in energy efficiency and 50x shorter latency compared to state-of-the-practice (e.g. CPU/GPU/NPU/TPUs processing frame-based video). NimbleAI will also take a holistic approach for ensuring safety and security at different architecture levels, including silicon level.”

What I find a little odd, though, is that this claim re expected superiority over “state-of-the-art (e.g. commercially available neuromorphic chips)“ doesn’t get any mention on the official Nimble AI website (https://www.nimbleai.eu/), in contrast to the expectation of “at least 100x improvement in energy efficiency and 50x shorter latency compared to state-of-the-practice (e.g. CPU/GPU/NPU/TPUs Processing Frame-based Video).”
Hi Frangipani,

Rolling NPUs in with CPUs and GPUs suggests to me they are talking about software implementations, probably involving MAC (multiply accumulate) operations, which would make the efficincy and latency figures possible.

Analog may provide some improvement over digital, but would encounter the accuracy problems inherent in the manufacturing process which would become more pronounced in multi-bit weights and actuations.

GraiMatter is digital:

https://www.graimatterlabs.ai/

The GrAI VIP edge AI processor is based on GML’s innovative NeuronFlow™ technology that combines high-precision 16-bit FP operations with sparse computing to produce massively parallel in-network processing at low power.

• Few ms inference latencies for audio and vision networks
  • 20 times better power efficiencies compared to alternatives at high fidelity
  • Uncompromising accuracy with 16-bit FP MACs
  • 8mmx8mm compact package with memory included for best BOM
  • Ready to use popular audio and vision networks for faster TTM

Their insistence that their 16-bit FP MAC processor is uncompromisingly accurate is misguided in that it is oblivious of N-of-M coding. In addition, it consumes much more power than Akida.

So if GraiMatter is Nimble AI's example of SOTA commercially available neuromorphic chips, it's not surprising that they think they can improve on its performance.

PS: A camel is a horse designed by a committee.

Launched in November 2022, the NimbleAI consortium now gathers 19 project partners from across Europe: Ikerlan, Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Menta, Universiteit Leiden, Codasip, GrAI Matter, University of Manchester, Consejo Superior De Investigaciones Científicas, Universitat Politècnica De València, Monozukuri, Politecnico Di Milano, CEA, IMEC, Raytrix Gmbh, AVL List, ULMA Medical Technologies, Viewpointsystems, Queen Mary University of London and Technische Universitat Wien.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
Sometimes guys, you just have to look at the bright side of life. Unfortunately some people got caught up in the hype and bought at the highs, but many here are still sitting on a 10 bagger at the current SP. Our time will come and exceed the previous highs.

Reactions: 7 users
Some perspective. It has literally become available in the last few weeks. 4C is for cash receipts so obviously no revenue is going to appear in the 4C. It is also yet to go through final qualification so buyers will likely wait until this process has been carried out.

View attachment 35213

We have been trying to sell akida for 2 years and we have had 2 absolute dud quarters in a row.
You’re trying to compare 2 completely different technologies which is silly.

Vladsblood

Regular
Looks like the first scenario where they pumped it to dump it for a quick ~ 20% gain both ways. Not a bad day's work.

Hopefully not many fomo'd.

That also leaves the question, if someone knew the report beforehand to make such a play?
Or was it just a punter taking punts? 🤔
Yes…Well Management has said in the past that they don’t care about the SP as it will do what it’s gonna do …and it has!
SP has massively favoured the Shorters along with the MF crew too !
AGM’s gonna get bloody heated I think 🤔. Vlad

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 16 users

Cardpro

Regular
They can release as many versions as they like withouth revenue this boat will not float! How much longer can they survive on investor capital?
They survived 8 years and probably more, there are still very happy investors (not me but I will still hold while kicking myself for not selling at 2 dollar and kept buying more)... soon all the uprampers will come back and say how this place is now hot crapper and say we r downrampers and we have an agenda...

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

KKFoo

Regular
I am still betting on its technology, continue to pick up a few more..

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 9 users
Yeah wow.... numb and somewhat confused.

Also 60% down in my portfolio and 30% in my super.... so not selling, which I like to believe is still the right thing to do. Either that or I suffer from some form of Stockholm Syndrome and can't see the writing on the wall. Either way, if it really tanks... yeah wow.

2024 will be our year (currently I almost believe it...)
Tomorrow/Monday, my super account will show less than 20% total value held in BRN, so the logical part in me wants to top up as I still see potential... And the cynical part in me just says fuck it, if its lost you may as well do it right and apologise to your wife when retirement age hits.

Not going to lie, this has really knocked me. Did not expect millions... but 40k? How...

Agree with sentiment of many here, in that Management really need to step up and outline clear plans for how/when/who/how much we can expect and crucially how they see this trend turn around? Micklepickle will completely shaft us today, sadly many read their dribble, shorters will have a field day and like flies to shit will flock around our (currently) burning corpse and short us even more...

I will hold, can't afford anything else. And I nod a smile when I get attacked by friends and family who think I am on crack or joined a cult, as they too see Mickledicklepickles dribbles and take it for gospel.... My answer has always been "all the companies have way smarter brains than I could ever be, Merc. Renesas, Megachips, Valeo, Intel, ARM etc etc.. they do their due diligence, its not in their interest to be associated with something that wont work"...

Then my brain remembers Theranos :D...

Anyways... stepping aside for a while I think.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

robsmark

Regular
They survived 8 years and probably more, there are still very happy investors (not me but I will still hold while kicking myself for not selling at 2 dollar and kept buying more)... soon all the uprampers will come back and say how this place is now hot crapper and say we r downrampers and we have an agenda...
Not with multiple offices, this many staff, and a new chip in development they haven’t.

Reactions: 1 users

manny100

Regular
Only thing that can save us is a proof that Valeo is using us for Scala 3
Have not seen that Valeo is using us for Scala 3. Is there a reference or link?
Sean said that the Renases chip will be available in the coming months. Not sure what sort of revenue that will bring in or when.
Markets are forward thinking so the SP will start moving up well in advance of actual revenue hitting the books.

Reactions: 5 users
Surely management have a rough idea of when Renesas and Megachips plan to start using Akida at scale in their products. It would be great if we could get an indication of roughly when that is going to occur.
Yes they will know and this needs to be quantified at the AGM.

There is obviously serious "commercial" traction on Akida 2.0 from what he have heard and seen from actual customer/partners.

• Fire

Harwig

Regular
I would like to know actual criteria achieved to be eligible for consideration of granting of performance shares

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users
D

Deleted member 118

Yes…Well Management has said in the past that they don’t care about the SP as it will do what it’s gonna do …and it has!
SP has massively favoured the Shorters along with the MF crew too !
AGM’s gonna get bloody heated I think 🤔. Vlad
I wasn’t going, looking at booking a flight from Brisbane to Sydney as we speak

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users

Damo4

Regular
As someone that has a paper loss of 73k, I can say the whatever the fuck I want. And stop pretending you are an eloquent contributor to the forum. I do not post, but I do read it frequently and I can tell you add nothing

Of course you can my guy, no one's stopping you 🥰
Hope you built that 73k risk into your strategy from the beginning, I assume you didn't invest more than you can afford to lose 🎲

Reactions: 4 users

MDhere

Regular
Another great day and week ahead for BRN!
This is a very nice week indeed for BrainChip.
We are set up nicely for next week.
Very interesting times.
Good luck to you all

AKIDA BALLISTA

Thank you management.
So nice of seeing the support you return to loyal shareholders ❤ ❤ ❤
Looks like im supplying just 1 plate of hot chips for the table.... ok 2 plates if we get a "doin a Merc" announcement before the Agm date 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Cardpro

Regular
Yes they will know and this needs to be quantified at the AGM.

There is obviously serious "commercial" traction on Akida 2.0 from what he have heard and seen from actual customer/partners.

If we are not hitting the market as management expected for whatever reason (e.g. missing some of the key components) would management actually tell us that?

Personally I hope they admit it and also present a solution... not the other way around where they pretend it's going well and just come up with new product...

• Thinking
Of course you can my guy, no one's stopping you 🥰
Hope you built that 73k risk into your strategy from the beginning, I assume you didn't invest more than you can afford to lose 🎲
I could turn around and say I have made a paper loss of 2.6mil from the high of $2.34 (if that makes anyone feel better), but I am continuing to hold. The benefit and long term potential of this stock still far outweighs the recent shortcoming.
If you don't sell you haven't made a loss. Nothing has changed. IMO, this SP will fly and will be more aligned to revenue once it begins climbing. We will still see outlandish mega spikes in the price and this is where people need to be careful.

Yes it hurts, but remember the conviction we all had when we invested in this co, and since then our technology has continued to improve and market traction will folow.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 46 users

Foxdog

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 3 users

FlipDollar

Never dog the boys
I wasn’t going, looking at booking a flight from Brisbane to Sydney as we speak
And so it should get heated (within reason).

Asking for performance shares with no performance is laughable.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Top Bottom