BRN Discussion Ongoing

This Tech Talk will highlight the ease of deploying best-in-class power efficient AI combining BrainChip's Akida Neuromorphic AI Accelerator with the Arm Cortex-M family., including the Arm Cortex-M85. The presentation is designed to showcase the disruptive potential of the technology combination, including a look at the 2nd generation of Akida to create compelling, cloudless Edge AI solutions for advanced vision, video object detection and vital signs prediction, that weren’t possible before.

I believe this presentation may will be the real start of the sustained meteoric rise in the BRN share price. Bring on May 10 01:00 AEDT
Now why couldn't they have had it on May the 4th....that would add a little extra science fiction :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
D

Deleted member 1269

What would make you think it's incorrect? Maybe you should query IR and ask about this situation. There is a lot that they know that is not public. Which we don't know about. Lots could be price sensitive. Do a bit of research mate.

I agree about the black out periods but not all is the same institutions.
I have done research mate. That’s why I posted.

Reactions: 1 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Imo the question actually is...when does the NDA cease to be a NDA.

When said NDA becomes public knowledge via the other party or upon approval by said company for BRN to release the information you would think.

Reading the exceprt that @Lex555 posted, imo, one needs to ask themselves, that if BRN has NDAs in force, which they have told us they do, then what conditions from the below excerpt need to be met that restrict Directors from buying?

Are there NDAs the public are not aware of yet?

Do the Directors consider knowledge of the NDA would have a material effect on the SP?

If those 2 points are yes then would that be considered insider trading?

The NDA rule appears to be a bit of an open ended catch all to me. The NDA and the possible Director trading restriction cease when the NDA becomes public.

Multiple NDAs and well ...

In the case of directors of an ASX-listed company knowing about NDAs that the general public is not aware of, this information may be considered inside information, especially if the content of the NDA would have a material effect on the price or value of the company's securities if it were made public. Therefore, trading on such information would be in violation of the insider trading laws outlined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).

You are correct that there are blackout periods which are generally aligned to company Fin reporting periods as well as companies usually have their own securities trading policy outlining potential other blackout periods.

May pay to read what BRNs says for further info but the ASX NDA outline is separate imo.

It is pleasant to contemplate that the company has several NDAs which "would have a material effect on the price or value of the company's securities if it were made public."

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users
That was a trick question .... the knob is obviously the one actually holding the phone :) :)
Mmm sorry about that chief

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Fox151

Regular
May I put a suggestion forward that MF and JM don't get discussed on here. Their intentions seem pretty clear to me and we would be sharing the statements of someone I would regard as extremely hostile toward the company without recourse for alternate views to be posed in return as its already been widely published. Which to me appears to be the intention. Doesn't deserve air time.
Just a suggestion.

I might mention while Im at it I find the great rush to vote against everything, let's say, interesting. We have until 21st May to cast our vote.
Would it be fair to say that you are one of the several people who reported the MF article that I posted earlier? To me, it's one of the strongest written articles they've written in a while, and with the BRN/ARM webinar coming up, perhaps they're trying to go hard to get their shorts squared away before BRN / ARM present and their shorts get shit all through them?

This constant reporting / moderating of everything is BS and people need to grow up. None of the countries BRN is being developed by is an authoritarian regime. Freedom of speech, let alone thought, still exist. Moderating the MF because it discusses the purchase / sale of shares is rediculous. Accept there's an alternative point of view, and consider not just the content of the negativity but also their motivations. You can't do that if people are going to get rid of everything that gets posted here.

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Would it be fair to say that you are one of the several people who reported the MF article that I posted earlier? To me, it's one of the strongest written articles they've written in a while, and with the BRN/ARM webinar coming up, perhaps they're trying to go hard to get their shorts squared away before BRN / ARM present and their shorts get shit all through them?

This constant reporting / moderating of everything is BS and people need to grow up. None of the countries BRN is being developed by is an authoritarian regime. Freedom of speech, let alone thought, still exist. Moderating the MF because it discusses the purchase / sale of shares is rediculous. Accept there's an alternative point of view, and consider not just the content of the negativity but also their motivations. You can't do that if people are going to get rid of everything that gets posted here.
The recent MF article that I read was just a rehash of the same points they've been making all along. Apart from the SP, there was no "new" information in the article. The article was devoid of any reference to the great strides the company has made over the last 12 months, or the last 5 years for that matter, let alone any analysis of what the possible outcomes of that may be.
That can be attributed to laziness or malice.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 49 users

Damo4

Regular

Reporting content if you think it violates rules or laws is the correct thing to do, so if it's justified it's what a report function is there for.

mandalorian-this.gif

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

dippY22

Regular
I guess I'm not surprised by the vocal hand wringing recently (and early thumbs down voting) of executive and board compensation packages by a loud and vocal minority of shareholders here on the TSE. I presume that a falling stock price and lumpy modest revenue has not warmed some stockholders hearts with respect to pay for perfomance incentives and may be an understatement.

Your concerns seem perfectly reasonable because they represent your personal opinion on this matter. So, have at it and best of luck.

Now my own opinion of some comments with respect to the matters of incentives and compensation is that I originally invested in a small company with a most interesting and unique approach to edge processing, but I remain invested because of my faith in what I perceive to be a strong executive team and board of directors and a clear strategy to future profitability that is being pursued. If I have a problem with incentive or compensation packages I believe I should take it up with the renumeration committee, or the board, or even vote no as others have announced on TSE.

To that point a read of the Governance documents (Investor Relations / Governance / Documents) found on Brainchip website may inform you why the company operates as they do. In 14 pdf's .... it's all there.

That revenue and income results have been slow to materialize jibes reasonably well with two random observations made by partners in the past.

Observation example # 1
Nviso put a video out about a year or so ago where there were two people in the front seat - one driving a car and the other a passenger, both Nviso employees I believe, and one in the back who was asking questions and filming the trip who I don't believe was a company employee. They had Akida tech working on an Nvidia device demonstrating facial features recognition. At the end of this video one the the employees was heard to respond to a question from the guy in the back seat about when might they be producing such technology as an Nviso product and I think one of the employess said 2025.

Observation example # 2
Renee Haas the CEO of ARM Holdings made the rounds about a year + ago on the TV business shows and he clearly stated and I will paraphrase, that it takes about four years to get from product concept and design to actual products being produced and available.

One observation was from a small partner company, and the other from the CEO of a HUGE partner company. However, both timelines are close. That to me is significant.

These two examples help me to better understand the timelines involved in technology design and implementation. Further, because of such timeframe examples I am less exasperated with Brainchips lumpy revenue streams we are seeing and will likey see in the next quarterly report to be released soon which I fully expect my reaction to be a yawn.

Finally, I can't recall precisely what our CEO said at last years AGM but unless he specifically said he wanted to be judged on financial results or financial progress this past year then he has in fact overseen a growing company that has accomplished a lot. Those accomplishments are just not being reflected in an increasing stock price now because the market abhors a vaccuum of ever increasing revenue and income and as noted by Mr. Viana, the board chair, the stock will do what the stock does .... which we can all agree hasn't been pretty recently.

So, as the two observations above demonstrate I for one am seeing a 2024 / 2025 timeframe as being when Brainchips revenue "should" really grow.

If you made it this far.... thanks for listening. Regards, dippY

Above is my opinion only and lacks any semblence to investible advice which to act upon.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 99 users
D

Deleted member 118

Imo the question actually is...when does the NDA cease to be a NDA.

When said NDA becomes public knowledge via the other party or upon approval by said company for BRN to release the information you would think.

Reading the exceprt that @Lex555 posted, imo, one needs to ask themselves, that if BRN has NDAs in force, which they have told us they do, then what conditions from the below excerpt need to be met that restrict Directors from buying?

Are there NDAs the public are not aware of yet?

Do the Directors consider knowledge of the NDA would have a material effect on the SP?

If those 2 points are yes then would that be considered insider trading?

The NDA rule appears to be a bit of an open ended catch all to me. The NDA and the possible Director trading restriction cease when the NDA becomes public.

Multiple NDAs and well ...

In the case of directors of an ASX-listed company knowing about NDAs that the general public is not aware of, this information may be considered inside information, especially if the content of the NDA would have a material effect on the price or value of the company's securities if it were made public. Therefore, trading on such information would be in violation of the insider trading laws outlined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).

You are correct that there are blackout periods which are generally aligned to company Fin reporting periods as well as companies usually have their own securities trading policy outlining potential other blackout periods.

May pay to read what BRNs says for further info but the ASX NDA outline is separate imo.

Why do they use may be and not is

this information may be considered inside information

Reactions: 2 users

FlipDollar

Never dog the boys
I guess I'm not surprised by the vocal hand wringing recently (and early thumbs down voting) of executive and board compensation packages by a loud and vocal minority of shareholders here on the TSE. I presume that a falling stock price and lumpy modest revenue has not warmed some stockholders hearts with respect to pay for perfomance incentives and may be an understatement.

Your concerns seem perfectly reasonable because they represent your personal opinion on this matter. So, have at it and best of luck.

Now my own opinion of some comments with respect to the matters of incentives and compensation is that I originally invested in a small company with a most interesting and unique approach to edge processing, but I remain invested because of my faith in what I perceive to be a strong executive team and board of directors and a clear strategy to future profitability that is being pursued. If I have a problem with incentive or compensation packages I believe I should take it up with the renumeration committee, or the board, or even vote no as others have announced on TSE.

To that point a read of the Governance documents (Investor Relations / Governance / Documents) found on Brainchip website may inform you why the company operates as they do. In 14 pdf's .... it's all there.

That revenue and income results have been slow to materialize jibes reasonably well with two random observations made by partners in the past.

Observation example # 1
Nviso put a video out about a year or so ago where there were two people in the front seat - one driving a car and the other a passenger, both Nviso employees I believe, and one in the back who was asking questions and filming the trip who I don't believe was a company employee. They had Akida tech working on an Nvidia device demonstrating facial features recognition. At the end of this video one the the employees was heard to respond to a question from the guy in the back seat about when might they be producing such technology as an Nviso product and I think one of the employess said 2025.

Observation example # 2
Renee Haas the CEO of ARM Holdings made the rounds about a year + ago on the TV business shows and he clearly stated and I will paraphrase, that it takes about four years to get from product concept and design to actual products being produced and available.

One observation was from a small partner company, and the other from the CEO of a HUGE partner company. However, both timelines are close. That to me is significant.

These two examples help me to better understand the timelines involved in technology design and implementation. Further, because of such timeframe examples I am less exasperated with Brainchips lumpy revenue streams we are seeing and will likey see in the next quarterly report to be released soon which I fully expect my reaction to be a yawn.

Finally, I can't recall precisely what our CEO said at last years AGM but unless he specifically said he wanted to be judged on financial results or financial progress this past year then he has in fact overseen a growing company that has accomplished a lot. Those accomplishments are just not being reflected in an increasing stock price now because the market abhors a vaccuum of ever increasing revenue and income and as noted by Mr. Viana, the board chair, the stock will do what the stock does .... which we can all agree hasn't been pretty recently.

So, as the two observations above demonstrate I for one am seeing a 2024 / 2025 timeframe as being when Brainchips revenue "should" really grow.

Above is my opinion only and lacks any semblence to investible advice which to act upon.
Solid post 🤛🏽

Reactions: 11 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Should probably start checking out Untether AI......

View attachment 5245
I am 98.2% sure this will be us.......DYOR!

Screenshot_20230423_055428_LinkedIn.jpg

"Arun Iyengar, CEO of Toronto-based tech firm Untethered AI, explains that traditional AI methods are a huge drain on the world’s energy resources.

“Just looking at January, if you look at the number of people that used ChatGPT and the amount of energy it took to serve them, it would be the same amount of energy to fully serve a town of 175,000 people,” he says.

That’s because it’s using methods established as far back as the 1940s by John von Neumann, widely considered the father of modern AI technology, which has powered all computer chips to date.

“Anytime you move data you burn energy. So the more distance you move data, the more power you’re burning to make that happen. And that’s why today’s implementations end up consuming so much power.”

Iyengar’s company, a semiconductor startup, has created a first-of-its-kind chip that aims to dramatically reduce AI’s energy use.

“We are basically putting the processing and the memory right next to each other. So the data movement is now contained in a very,
very short distance … that reduces the power or the energy required to do Artificial Intelligence by a factor of six to 10 times,” he says"

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

manny100

Regular

Observation example # 1

Observation example # 2

Agree, I think 2024 we should see revenue looking good in the financials.
Markets are forward looking so we should see some SP movement earlier than revenue appears in the Financials.

Reactions: 8 users

Dhm

Regular
Just back to the NDA thing, when a company is shown Akida and registers a high degree of excitement yet secrecy about the ‘principle’ of the AI, and decides to do further testing for say a further 3-6 months without any contract signed, yet for whatever reason subsequently walks away, would this company be part of the 100 NDA’s? I’m guessing that we as shareholders aren’t privy to these situations.
Another part of my questioning is, do NDAs come and go and fall away quite regularly in the world of secrecy?

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Observation example # 1

Observation example # 2

That why I have had a five year plan,
I am about 1/2 way through it and will consider any actions at the end of the 5 years, hold or sell

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users
So if something drastically changes for the worse with brn(or any other share) you'll keep on holding?
I much prefer to constantly reassess my options.
Well given the fact that this forum is about BrainChip let’s just talk about that.
When I invested in Brn originally I knew it would be a long time to get things happening, to have produced and have product on the shelves.
We are not selling fast food
It’s no McDonald’s
Look at any tech firm go and do research on how long their journey have taken them to get traction in the market place.
But with world events that have happened over the last 3 years, that has slowed the wheels down considerably.
So I don’t think we will see much happen before mid 2024 but then it should go ballistic,if everything falls our way.
I see June this year as the start of the slow gathering of open information and increased sales thanks to Mercedes
Then others will start to revel them selves Dell will be coming out soon
Have faith
Hold tight
God speed

• Fire
Reactions: 23 users
Well given the fact that this forum is about BrainChip let’s just talk about that.
When I invested in Brn originally I knew it would be a long time to get things happening, to have produced and have product on the shelves.
We are not selling fast food
It’s no McDonald’s
Look at any tech firm go and do research on how long their journey have taken them to get traction in the market place.
But with world events that have happened over the last 3 years, that has slowed the wheels down considerably.
So I don’t think we will see much happen before mid 2024 but then it should go ballistic,if everything falls our way.
I see June this year as the start of the slow gathering of open information and increased sales thanks to Mercedes
Then others will start to revel them selves Dell will be coming out soon
Have faith
Hold tight
God speed
Yeah but my question was if something drastically changed let's just say the future chips totally failed which would turn this stock worthless. You'd still hold for the 5 year plan? And obviously I'm not saying that will happen but I've had the x amount of years plan before and failed miserably by ignoring major stuff ups. Never again will I ignore and blindly stick to a plan

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

TECH

Regular
This news article only a few hours old is an excellent read, check it out....pity they didn't actually interview a real
neuroscientist who's actually in the real world, as in, the commercial sense, not from academia, never-the-less it's
still a nice article.

Texta ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Top Bottom