BRN Discussion Ongoing

Shadow59

Regular
Good afternoon,

With our AGM fast approaching, many will have their opportunity to speak directly with the CEO and any other Board members who
are planning on attending in person, it's your once in a year opportunity to ask your questions directly, face to face in a respectful manner,
remembering to thank those attending for the last 12 months achievements, which there are many.

I do have my own question which revolves around the signing of an IP License agreement.

My take would be that this process would go through at least 4 stages of negotiation, with each individual company not knowing what
deal has been done with the other in regards to the License fees, Royalty fees and terms of payment etc.

So how many companies have actually progressed down this negotiation path and are currently sitting at stage 3 waiting to agree to
stage 4, as in, the final sign off ?

The CEO and Board must be fully aware of which companies are where on this scale, but because of all the confidentiality Sean can't say
what he'd like to share with us, which is where all this pent up frustration is stemming from, in my view.

When the brains behind this company tells me, with the release of 2nd Gen Akida, Sales and Marketing teams with a global presence have
now been established, he and the company are looking forward to an exciting year ahead, I for one 100% believe the narrative.

Sometimes in life, things can happen very quickly or totally unexpected, don't be fooled, we are certainly on the path to success, maybe
just maybe our time lines don't align this month, but they will cross.

My opinion......Tech (Perth) :coffee:;)
Do we know where the AGM meeting will be held yet? The announcement only said 23rd May, 11.00am Sydney time. I assume Sydney like last year?
I've just realised I will be in Sydney that day! Could be a great coincidence:D

Reactions: 5 users
S

Straw

Do we know where the AGM meeting will be held yet? The announcement only said 23rd May, 11.00am Sydney time. I assume Sydney like last year?
Not yet. I would expect Boardroom meeting room but should know very soon.
The two I've been to were both at Circular Quay area.

Reactions: 8 users
D

Deleted member 1269

I think BRN and it's management have been consistent in their communication, stance on NDA's, ASX filings etc
They have communicated through Podcast, social media, ASX announcements and press releases and have done so for the years I have held.

If that style of communication had bothered me at the time (which it didn't) I would have done 1 of 2 things:
- Stayed away form investing in BRN if I needed more information or disliked spec stocks with NDAs in place, that required a higher risk tolerance
- Invested with the knowledge that this is their trajectory and stance on communication and held the risks accordingly

I'd fully understand the concerns over communication if we went from many ANN's, fluff pieces etc to all of a sudden radio silence, but that's not what happened.

I guess I see the company as an entity that existed before me, and not for me.
Sure, if I have concerns or things I would want improved as a SH, I would contact Tony - the correct channel.
As I posted before, complaints without a solution-focused approach are useless.

Sorry if I've offended anyone, but surely some personal responsibility is required?

Regarding your comment: "Sure, if I have concerns or things I would want improved as a SH, I would contact Tony - the correct channel."

I have.. and in my experience, it is either no reply or a stock standard reply that doesn't address the questions raised.

Reactions: 3 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode
This sums up the CO2 impact pretty well @Bravo

41C0A949-2810-4E2F-B48F-164D48815092.jpeg

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users
D

Deleted member 1270

I think BRN and it's management have been consistent in their communication, stance on NDA's, ASX filings etc
They have communicated through Podcast, social media, ASX announcements and press releases and have done so for the years I have held.

If that style of communication had bothered me at the time (which it didn't) I would have done 1 of 2 things:
- Stayed away form investing in BRN if I needed more information or disliked spec stocks with NDAs in place, that required a higher risk tolerance
- Invested with the knowledge that this is their trajectory and stance on communication and held the risks accordingly

I'd fully understand the concerns over communication if we went from many ANN's, fluff pieces etc to all of a sudden radio silence, but that's not what happened.

I guess I see the company as an entity that existed before me, and not for me.
Sure, if I have concerns or things I would want improved as a SH, I would contact Tony - the correct channel.
As I posted before, complaints without a solution-focused approach are useless.

Sorry if I've offended anyone, but surely some personal responsibility is required?
Damo4 we agree on something. There communication is consistent.;);)

We already have radio silence. Has anyone here heard of the CEO visiting Australia to present to Australian shareholders?

I'm not the only one concerned with this. Stock analysts are also concerned or bemused with this. Go take a listen to the latest Stocks downunder interview (Marc Kennis) where they raise this concern and many others.

I just wonder what it will take for this current CEO to get out and talk about this company to its shareholders in a meaningful way that gives you a grain of hope that positive things are happening.

I want to hear it from the company and not from a forum.

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

sleepymonk

Regular
Disclosure: Was a BRN gambler and now a holder with a self-imposed exit strategy of losing 1/3 of my capital or any of my red flags show up. Civil engineer background with absolutely no knowledge of electronics, this is why i adopted trust no one, look at facts and common-sense for this particular stock

IF I AM IN SH'S SHOES:

1: Current share price, WE SHOULD NOT BE SUPRISED COZ WE'VE BEEN INFORMED
  • The LDA call notice announced on the 10/01/2023 was clearly a warm invitation to the shorter/s and traders to come on board and have a party because it says: 30MIL shares to raise $15MIL, happy to increase that to 40MIL. 15/40, 40cents is what the Co was prepared to accept IMO.
  • Anyone with the access of daily trading history should go and do the following math, sum of (Daily share traded*Daily Low or high)/number of days to get the range of price that LDA will be paying BRN. Unfortunately, my calcs is telling me the current share price is not in the best interest of LDA selling them. that is why the LDA call is not finished yet and a bunch of brave shorters and traders are still active.
  • LDA is not a charity, it's an agent selling shares to the open market on BRN's behalf to raise Capital. All they care is the profit.
2: Communication between the Co and share holders I THINK THE BRN TEAM IS DOING OK INFORMING US
  • Forget about all the dot joining, the Co's progresses are published from our website and/or through ASX ann unless it is absolutely admin, i meant, like hiring or things like you don't even want to know.
  • This might sound harsh but i am goanna say this: IF I AM SEAN H, MY ULTIMATE FOCUS IS KEEPING MY ASS ON THE CHAIR AS LONG AS I CAN TO GET MY GOALS DELIVERED. THE FACT IS THAT I DON'T NEED TO LISTEN TO THE SMALL HOLDERS GIVEN THE TOP 20 HOLDS 75 PERCENT. RIGHT NOW, PVDM HAS NOT SAID OR DONE ANYTHING YET AT LEAST. THIS SHOWS ME CONFIDENCE.PLUS, PVDM IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE ONE THAT CARES ABOUT THE PREGRESS OF THIS CO THE MOST,

hate to wok on my mobile, will chose to post on weekends

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 35 users

Damo4

Regular
Damo4 we agree on something. There communication is consistent.;);)

We already have radio silence. Has anyone here heard of the CEO visiting Australia to present to Australian shareholders?

I'm not the only one concerned with this. Stock analysts are also concerned or bemused with this. Go take a listen to the latest Stocks downunder interview (Marc Kennis) where they raise this concern and many others.

I just wonder what it will take for this current CEO to get out and talk about this company to its shareholders in a meaningful way that gives you a grain of hope that positive things are happening.

I want to hear it from the company and not from a forum.

I know mate, and I can see you aren't the only one, it wasn't directed to you personally.
Actually it was just a personal opinion of mine regarding their disclosures, which is also supported by many on here.

I just think the consistency of the communication means the cards were on the table, for me at least, prior to investing.
Some people have mentioned their avg prices or length of time invested so it seems a lot of these people are in the same boat but are now surprised that there isn't an overwhelming amount of announcements through the ASX.

Reactions: 1 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
I have previously confirmed Tuesday 23 May 2023 with Tony Dawe who also stated

"The Notice of Meeting will be released at least 28 days prior to the AGM, and details of the venue will be confirmed then......."

so, by my reckoning we should know next week, by Tuesday 25 April at the latest, and given that that happens to be ANZAC day, I wouldn't be surprised if it was on the Monday before or sometime later this week. 🤣

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Shadow59

Regular
Not yet. I would expect Boardroom meeting room but should know very soon.
The two I've been to were both at Circular Quay area.
Thanks

Jimmy17

Regular
Regarding your comment: "Sure, if I have concerns or things I would want improved as a SH, I would contact Tony - the correct channel."

I have.. and in my experience, it is either no reply or a stock standard reply that doesn't address the questions raised.
Having had only a couple of emails to and from BRN since the SP woes, I wonder if this para is part of the stock standard reply... " I am well aware of the frustration of our shareholders. I am a shareholder in BRN myself. I remain confident of our inevitable success".

Personally I remain confident in this response but also dismayed at the overall contemptuous attitude towards retail shareholders from the company. Mainly because there is simply no validation nor reassurances. Basically its us and them I.e piss off you annoying shareholders we guarantee one day you'll be rich from holding brn shares but we're not willing to explain how or why nor can we guide you as to when your asset may appreciate in value.

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users
S

Straw

For the AGM
Flying Dog GIF

I'll be flying in,

dog train dog train GIF by Digg
then taking the train,

flying keanu reeves GIF
then utilising self propulsion the rest of the way. The preferred method of travel in high rise areas from the docos I've watched.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Kachoo

Regular
Having had only a couple of emails to and from BRN since the SP woes, I wonder if this para is part of the stock standard reply... " I am well aware of the frustration of our shareholders. I am a shareholder in BRN myself. I remain confident of our inevitable success".

Personally I remain confident in this response but also dismayed at the overall contemptuous attitude towards retail shareholders from the company. Mainly because there is simply no validation nor reassurances. Basically its us and them I.e piss off you annoying shareholders we guarantee one day you'll be rich from holding brn shares but we're not willing to explain how or why nor can we guide you as to when your asset may appreciate in value.
Jimmy,

They can't tell you when their assets will generate money as the release of the product is dependant on the company that sells it. They can't say company x is releasing a product with Akida.

Giving a timeline well you saw how well that worked out for the CEO with regards to break even. Now just put your self in Anils or Peters shoes non of them have sold not the major holders why ? Ask your self.

Unfortunately we need to wait it's not all straight up.

I can say this confidently we are 16 months closer to revenue then we were January 2022.

Chips are being taped by Renesas so I'm confident revenue is on the way but when is the million dollar question

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Jimmy,

They can't tell you when their assets will generate money as the release of the product is dependant on the company that sells it. They can't say company x is releasing a product with Akida.

Giving a timeline well you saw how well that worked out for the CEO with regards to break even. Now just put your self in Anils or Peters shoes non of them have sold not the major holders why ? Ask your self.

Unfortunately we need to wait it's not all straight up.

I can say this confidently we are 16 months closer to revenue then we were January 2022.

Chips are being taped by Renesas so I'm confident revenue is on the way but when is the million dollar question

And how much? $5 or $10 million ain't going to cut it.

We are going to need significant revenue to justify our current market cap, let alone grow the share price. Which is why there are some, myself included, that are disappointed by the lack of license sales to date.

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users
D

Deleted member 118

We are going to need significant revenue to justify our current market cap.
Is the other side brainwashing you lol

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Iseki

Regular
But hang on a sec Isek. He-he-he!

BrainChip has integrated AKIDA with Arm cortex M-85. This was roughly around the same time that Renesas announced that they worked with Plumerai People Detection running on an MCU that was based on the Arm Cortex-M85 processor at the Embedded World conference. It is said to have sped up the processing of Plumerai People Detection by roughly 4x compared to an Arm Cortex-M7 at the same frequency.

So, if the new MCU is actually the Arm cortex-M85 + AKIDA, which seems highly likely, then, would it make sense for Renesas to start incorporating the new cortex M-85 into their own products such as potentially the R-Car V4H in the not too distant future?

Why would they pass up the chance to adopt unprecedented levels of performance and functionality when it was at their fingertips.

"By successfully demonstrating Akida’s capabilities with the Arm Cortex-M85 in a fully functioning environment, BrainChip paves the way for a new generation of intelligent edge devices that are capable of delivering unprecedented levels of performance and functionality, built on leading-edge technology from Arm."
Hi Bravo, I agree except

The two statements
"Brainchip has integrated AKIDA with Arm Cortex M-85" and
"Arm has integrated AKIDA with Arm Cortex M-85"
say two very different things. The first is brilliant, the second is in the league of the Mercedes ann. and means $$$

THis is why it is better for the CVEO to make the statements in the proper channels.

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users
S

Straw

If you ask me views/care factor on appropriate market cap will vary greatly depending on your investment horizon and if you are invested in sentiment volatility or company fundamentals.

Reactions: 2 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Reactions: 1 users
D

Deleted member 118

Reactions: 2 users

We are going to need significant revenue to justify our current market cap, let alone grow the share price. Which is why there are some, myself included, that are disappointed by the lack of license sales to date.
Do you really expect “significant” revenue (which is as vague as the term lumpy) until royalties begin rolling in for mass produced products?

Some, do seem to be disappointed by lack of licence sales. Others appear to be more than satisfied with the strategic partners and alliances Brainchip have been forming. Do you feel a little better after venting your disappointment for the 50th time? Maybe 51 will be the lucky number.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users
Top Bottom