BRN Discussion Ongoing

Doz

Regular

Interesting news from Nordic Semiconductor .

Key takeaways ,
Global Foundries 22nm FDX ( same as Akida 1500 )
Arm Cortex M-33
RISC-V Co Processors
Ultra low power
A disruptive product
Wearables , Smart Home , Medical , Audio , Machine Learning
Supports Sensor Fusion at the Edge
State of the art Security , detects an attack in progress and takes appropriate action

( Apologies if already posted )

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

mrgds

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Valeo are getting right into virtual reality. It was very nice of them to reach out to me about it! I feel very chuffed about that!

View attachment 34327

View attachment 34325
View attachment 34326
Screen Shot 2023-04-17 at 11.27.53 am.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

White Horse

Regular
just reported your post @White Horse
no need for fowl language and no relevance
Lots of relevance, you obviously don't read much, or your as bad as the other perpetual whingers.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Doz

Regular
Benchmarking AI Inference at the Edge

Todd Vierra and Nikunj Kotecha (BrainChip) and Joshua Buck (Edge Impulse)

Posted yesterday by Edge Impulse

At the 1 hour and 5 second mark .

What’s that Todd -
Latest architecture really good - de noising algorithms ,
Working with several customers .

Give me Todd over Rob any day in a Q&A session .

All in my opinion ……

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Bravo

• Fire
Reactions: 25 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 21 users

mrgds

Regular
Lots of relevance, you obviously don't read much, or your as bad as the other perpetual whingers.
i read enough to agree with @belkin with regards to CEO communication with shareholders.
The last podcast from SH imo was quiet uninformative, ............... to be honest, i would like a dollar for every
"um & ah" he said, and seemed to be focused on the clock, rather than giving us more on the companies progress.
In fact, he seemed eager to just "wrap it up" when stumbling over the Q&A
How many times have we heard from SH in almost a year? ............... Again not enough communication imo.

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

FlipDollar

Never dog the boys
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Iseki

Regular
i read enough to agree with @belkin with regards to CEO communication with shareholders.
The last podcast from SH imo was quiet uninformative, ............... to be honest, i would like a dollar for every
"um & ah" he said, and seemed to be focused on the clock, rather than giving us more on the companies progress.

How many times have we heard from SH in almost a year? ............... Again not enough communication imo.

AKIDA BALLISTA
I totally agree. There's lots that the CEO can be talking about.

What's missing for mine, are statements along the line that Akida IP is currently being readied for problems in the following areas, or with the following models. If in the past SH has said that Akida can become ubiquitous, then he should provide a couple of new use cases, or retract.

Meanwhile folks on here who make obviously false claims like ARM has developed a chip that contains Akida, or that imply that Renesas' RZ chips already contain Akida do all the harm in the world and should be asked to leave, because they insult us.

Why can't people express their pain at the current SP?

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

Xray1

Regular
Reactions: 8 users

Bravo

What's missing for mine, are statements along the line that Akida IP is currently being readied for problems in the following areas, or with the following models. If in the past SH has said that Akida can become ubiquitous, then he should provide a couple of new use cases, or retract.

Meanwhile folks on here who make obviously false claims like ARM has developed a chip that contains Akida, or that imply that Renesas' RZ chips already contain Akida do all the harm in the world and should be asked to leave, because they insult us.

But hang on a sec Isek. He-he-he!

BrainChip has integrated AKIDA with Arm cortex M-85. This was roughly around the same time that Renesas announced that they worked with Plumerai People Detection running on an MCU that was based on the Arm Cortex-M85 processor at the Embedded World conference. It is said to have sped up the processing of Plumerai People Detection by roughly 4x compared to an Arm Cortex-M7 at the same frequency.

So, if the new MCU is actually the Arm cortex-M85 + AKIDA, which seems highly likely, then, would it make sense for Renesas to start incorporating the new cortex M-85 into their own products such as potentially the R-Car V4H in the not too distant future?

Why would they pass up the chance to adopt unprecedented levels of performance and functionality when it was at their fingertips.

"By successfully demonstrating Akida’s capabilities with the Arm Cortex-M85 in a fully functioning environment, BrainChip paves the way for a new generation of intelligent edge devices that are capable of delivering unprecedented levels of performance and functionality, built on leading-edge technology from Arm."

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 76 users

mrgds

Regular

A good example of a CEO with great communication with shareholders imo is Cathy Wood ( Ark Invest )
Each month she does a podcast for Arks shareholders and gives her insights/understandings of what the market conditions are
and gives a great account of where she believes their strategy/stock holdings are and how she see"s them performing.

Am i right in my understanding that each ASX listed company is required to have a BOD meeting every 2 months? ( pls correct if not )
then imo, and im on record for saying this, a monthly/bi-monthly newsletter to shareholders via a email ( not neccesarily a podcast )
would be a very favourable link to current and prospective shareholders.

I think we are all feeling the pain of the current s/p @Iseki , and imo if you watch the daily trading numbers its clear to me anyway
that manipulation is rampant and i believe it is with a strategy of accumulation by the powers that be.

TSE has and i believe will continue to be a great place to see links , tweets, likes etc so as to help us with our investment decision.

I do honestly believe BRN will be a very good investment, tho taking longer than most had expected.

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

skutza

Regular
  • Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

Quiltman

Regular
I don't know if this has been posted.
However, the comment from Adam Benzion hits the mark with regards BrainChip for me, who despite the MC, I still see as a young company, and it obviously struck a chord for Chris Stevens.
BrainChip has enormous intellect throughout the board and key decision makers.
BrainChip has a wealth of experience from ex-ARM employees who were part of building a massively successful IP business.

Many on this forum know better than these individuals, or so it would seem.
I, however, bow to their collective knowledge & experience, and will wait for the 5 year BRN plan to unfold, somewhat guiltily riding of their coattails.

1681700884968.png

All the best to all holders with your investment journey.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 51 users

Damo4

Regular
I think BRN and it's management have been consistent in their communication, stance on NDA's, ASX filings etc
They have communicated through Podcast, social media, ASX announcements and press releases and have done so for the years I have held.

If that style of communication had bothered me at the time (which it didn't) I would have done 1 of 2 things:
- Stayed away form investing in BRN if I needed more information or disliked spec stocks with NDAs in place, that required a higher risk tolerance
- Invested with the knowledge that this is their trajectory and stance on communication and held the risks accordingly

I'd fully understand the concerns over communication if we went from many ANN's, fluff pieces etc to all of a sudden radio silence, but that's not what happened.

I guess I see the company as an entity that existed before me, and not for me.
Sure, if I have concerns or things I would want improved as a SH, I would contact Tony - the correct channel.
As I posted before, complaints without a solution-focused approach are useless.

Sorry if I've offended anyone, but surely some personal responsibility is required?

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 44 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Many on this forum know better than these individuals, or so it would seem.
Does one's ability to know better, increase, if the share price declines?

Reactions: 5 users

TECH

Regular
Good afternoon,

With our AGM fast approaching, many will have their opportunity to speak directly with the CEO and any other Board members who
are planning on attending in person, it's your once in a year opportunity to ask your questions directly, face to face in a respectful manner,
remembering to thank those attending for the last 12 months achievements, which there are many.

I do have my own question which revolves around the signing of an IP License agreement.

My take would be that this process would go through at least 4 stages of negotiation, with each individual company not knowing what
deal has been done with the other in regards to the License fees, Royalty fees and terms of payment etc.

So how many companies have actually progressed down this negotiation path and are currently sitting at stage 3 waiting to agree to
stage 4, as in, the final sign off ?

The CEO and Board must be fully aware of which companies are where on this scale, but because of all the confidentiality Sean can't say
what he'd like to share with us, which is where all this pent up frustration is stemming from, in my view.

When the brains behind this company tells me, with the release of 2nd Gen Akida, Sales and Marketing teams with a global presence have
now been established, he and the company are looking forward to an exciting year ahead, I for one 100% believe the narrative.

Sometimes in life, things can happen very quickly or totally unexpected, don't be fooled, we are certainly on the path to success, maybe
just maybe our time lines don't align this month, but they will cross.

My opinion......Tech (Perth) :coffee:;)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 68 users

Bravo

Can someone please give this guy a buzz or we will all literally run out of water and have to start drinking our own pee-pee?☎️

Elon Musk Launches X.AI To Fight ChatGPT​

Martine Paris
Apr 16, 2023,05:51pm EDT
https://policies.google.com/privacy
Elon Musk and son X Æ A-12 (Photo by Theo Wargo/Getty Images for TIME)

Elon Musk and son X Æ A-12 (Photo by Theo Wargo/Getty Images for TIME)
GETTY IMAGES FOR TIME
X is for everything in the world of tech billionaire Elon Musk. It’s the name of his child with pop star Grimes. It was the name of his startup X.com which later became PayPal. It’s the corporate name of Twitter as disclosed in court documents last week. And it’s the name of the his new company X.AI for which he has been recruiting AI engineers from competitors and possibly buying thousands of GPUs.

Here’s what is known about X.AI so far:

• The company was incorporated in Nevada on March 9, where Twitter’s parent X Corp. is now registered, as first reported by the Wall Street Journal.
  • Elon Musk is listed as the sole director on the state filing.
  • Jared Birchall is listed as secretary. Birchall is the CEO of Musk’s chip-implant company Neuralink. He serves on the board of Musk’s tunneling entity The Boring Company and is managing director of Musk’s family office Excession, which is also the name of a science fiction novel by Iain Banks about a society ruled by hyper-intelligent AI that Musk tweeted about in 2019. Birchall began his career as a financial analyst at Goldman Sachs and later became a wealth adviser at Morgan Stanley before joining Musk.
  • Igor Babuschkin, a Silicon Valley AI senior research engineer from Google’s sister company Deepmind has been hired to head the effort at X.AI, according to Insider. Babuschkin worked at OpenAI during the pandemic and prior to that was part of the Deepmind London team. He interned at the revered international research institute, CERN in Geneva, Switzerland, according to his LinkedIn profile.
  • Deepmind engineer Manuel Kroiss is another key X.AI hire who co-authored the 2021 Deepmind paper, “Launchpad: A programming model for distributed machine learning research.”
  • Musk might be planning on using Twitter data to train X.AI’s large language model, according to sources reported by the Financial Times. In December, Musk tweeted that he had learned that OpenAI had access to Twitter’s database for training and put that on pause.
  • Musk recently purchased roughly 10,000 GPUs typically used for large language models for Twitter, sources told Insider. In a Twitter Spaces with the BBC last week where participants said more than three million people tuned in, Musk neither confirmed nor denied the Insider report, rather he responded that Tesla and Twitter are buying GPUs like all other companies and gave a shoutout for Tesla's Dojo supercomputer platform which he said has a lot of potential.
  • One challenge Musk is going to face is the vast amount of electricity and water that large language models are consuming in the face of global shortages. "ChatGPT needs to “drink” a 500ml bottle of water for a simple conversation of roughly 20-50 questions and answers," noted a paper by University of California and University of Texas professors.
  • To fund X.AI, the company has authorized 100 million shares for sale and is courting interest from SpaceX and Tesla investors, reported the Financial Times. The more powerful the AI models, the more expensive it gets to operate. OpenAI estimated its 2022 costs to be around $544.5 million, according to documents seen by Fortune.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users
Top Bottom