BRN Discussion Ongoing

It was previously mentioned where Tony stated along the line if a customer was using Akida they would be keeping it quite. IMO they must be a lot of NDA ready and waiting for release... IMO they're all waiting for each other to announce first in the mean time they're grinding away honing in on their products...Once the first one comes out I'm highly bullish they'll be a run on others all rush to be 2nd 3rd 4th...no one wants to jump out too early 😀
Ok so which version are we sticking with?
Screenshot_20230414-074554-103.png

@Foxdog ?

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Good presentation.

A few notes below based on my interpretation and understanding only. These are not intended as advice, guidance, recipe instructions etc. Recommend waiting for the recording and tuning in for yourself.

Cheers.

Presentation
  • Edge AI – The Right compute model
  • Customer Driven. Market Driven. Generations Ahead.
  • Akida - in the market now, real customers and gaining traction.
  • Chips, boards & systems available which people can try.
  • New chip available late Summer, early Fall
  • Market likes what they did with the first chip, have put additional technology into the second.
  • Sean has brought on board a number of high-level industry leaders.
  • Closed a set of licences already (assume MegaChips and Renesas).
  • Can’t build a product without an ecosystem.
  • Auto industry has a lot of interest in AI, and a lot of interest in BrainChip.
  • BrainChip seeing a lot of interest from healthcare as well.
  • Power consumption from data centres is unsustainable. Must move to edge market.
  • Market getting stronger every single day.
  • BrainChip seeing absolute interest in all markets – industrial, auto, health, home/consumer.
  • Fully digital and event based is critical – allows customers to move/deploy to any technology.
  • Easy to convert existing models to Akida IP.
  • Gen 1 product focused on grey boxes (ie. Akida-E)
  • Gen 2 product focuses on addressing orange and blue boxes (ie. Akida-S & P). This results in more functions and more Customers.
  • Tech partners – lubricates the sales cycle.
  • Customers want to know that varying foundries can be used.
  • Selling some chips as a secondary revenue stream.
  • MegaChips can build chips on behalf of other Customers.
  • Renesas releasing chip in coming months.
  • Neuromorphic standard will emerge over coming years - BrainChip intend to be part of that standard.
  • Primary revenue is IP licensing.
  • Royalties are powerful revenue streams.
  • Big market, favourable trend in the edge.
  • Gen 2 - Very strong positive reviews from analysts, very strong interest from Customers.
  • Working with marquee brands.
  • Strong team.
  • Real product, real market, real Customers. Attractive business model.
Q&A
  • Gen 2 – On pace for Q3 release, maybe earlier - development going well. BrainChip developing hardware and software at same time. Too early to sign customers but seeing high interest level from new prospects and existing customers.
  • Future earnings guidance – not at this time. IP licensing model is lumpy and includes a long sales cycle. Hard to predict but as BrainChip matures they will provide forecasts. Complex evaluation cycles ongoing, all going well but can’t time exactly when these will land.
  • When will break even be achieved – Similar to above, BrainChip is not forward projecting. Sean has a multi-year board approved plan.
  • Akida 1500 – expected to sell some of these to integrators. AKD1000 chip is essentially a demo chip. Never intended to be a revenue stream itself.
WOW!!!! great post @Evermont I'm getting a 'very warm (hot 🔥🔥) fuzzy feeling' just reading those bullet points...Impressive

GO BRN

• Love
Reactions: 23 users

charles2

Regular
Seems to me that you don’t understand that Brainchip is the front runner of an emerging technology.

Neuromorphic computing is now starting to be widely researched. Demonstrations of Akida’s capabilities to get customers interest is one thing. To implement them in a customers end product will take time. Only then will a dotted line be signed.

NASA, Us Navy and AF are all still researching this field. It’s not a simple demonstration and sign straight up process. The technology has to be tailored for the use case.

Renesas, Megachips, Arm and Sifive are but a few partners that have confidence in Brainchip. If you can’t wait a few more months for a Renesas MCU with Akida IP to be released and to see results, then you strike me as quite impatient.

The groundwork of a fantastic ecosystem has been laid. No use being negative all the time if you’re going to keep holding a stake in the company.
My thoughts are that the current share price is what one would expect with a second or third round private placement from a Venture Capital group. While the average stock buyer perceives that insiders buying at VC prices are quite a privileged group they fail to recognize when a similar deal is offered to them....as in this case.

And in this situation Brainchip's success is nearly assured unlike VC backed deals where a high percentage of the companies fail. They make their money on the one or several big successes.

Brainchip at 3 cents was the ultimate VC bargain.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

AARONASX

Holding onto what I've got
Ok so which version are we sticking with?
View attachment 34234

@Foxdog ?

Honestly I don't know, Pmel comment is first time i've seen that, but thanks bud :)

If true then Tony's statement about no product(s) at commercial stage yet comes across as ambiguous, this could be today there's nothing, tomorrow different story?!

When the customer(s) are ready to announce whether tomorrow, next week , next month ect. they will.

IMO if there was something just around the corner and Tony gave us a definitive time could this be seen as pumping shares?
what if that customer needed 1-2 more months? It wouldn't look good on Tony.

Saying nothing yet is a polite way of saying when you need to know, you'll know!

apologies if misunderstood 🙃

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

Foxdog

Regular
  • Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Foxdog

Regular
My thoughts are that the current share price is what one would expect with a second or third round private placement from a Venture Capital group. While the average stock buyer perceives that insiders buying at VC prices are quite a privileged group they fail to recognize when a similar deal is offered to them....as in this case.

And in this situation Brainchip's success is nearly assured unlike VC backed deals where a high percentage of the companies fail. They make their money on the one or several big successes.

Brainchip at 3 cents was the ultimate VC bargain.
Yes and it would be pretty easy for those who bought at 3c to see the share price at 46c. Unlike those who bought at much higher prices.

Reactions: 3 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Really keen to see the capabilities of this

Screenshot_20230414_084205_Brave.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode
Yep, pretty sure I'm right. This also ties in with customers are.......'interested' i.e. not committed yet. Also, saying that AKIDA 1000 wasn't ever supposed to create revenue is a huge red flag for me.

Don't twist it @Foxdog. If you listen to the presentation it is apparent he is referring to the physical chip and not IP.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 55 users
I may be mistaken but Mercedes is still releasing a car with Akida inside.

Still not confirmed it’s us but Valeo’s Scala 3 LiDAR will be going into vehicles soon too. If Akida is the secret sauce then we can expect revenue in the future.

Having done my research I’ll wait with confidence, contentment and patience.

😀

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 52 users

Damo4

Regular
Good presentation.

A few notes below based on my interpretation and understanding only. These are not intended as advice, guidance, recipe instructions etc. Recommend waiting for the recording and tuning in for yourself.

Cheers.

Presentation
  • Edge AI – The Right compute model
  • Customer Driven. Market Driven. Generations Ahead.
  • Akida - in the market now, real customers and gaining traction.
  • Chips, boards & systems available which people can try.
  • New chip available late Summer, early Fall
  • Market likes what they did with the first chip, have put additional technology into the second.
  • Sean has brought on board a number of high-level industry leaders.
  • Closed a set of licences already (assume MegaChips and Renesas).
  • Can’t build a product without an ecosystem.
  • Auto industry has a lot of interest in AI, and a lot of interest in BrainChip.
  • BrainChip seeing a lot of interest from healthcare as well.
  • Power consumption from data centres is unsustainable. Must move to edge market.
  • Market getting stronger every single day.
  • BrainChip seeing absolute interest in all markets – industrial, auto, health, home/consumer.
  • Fully digital and event based is critical – allows customers to move/deploy to any technology.
  • Easy to convert existing models to Akida IP.
  • Gen 1 product focused on grey boxes (ie. Akida-E)
  • Gen 2 product focuses on addressing orange and blue boxes (ie. Akida-S & P). This results in more functions and more Customers.
  • Tech partners – lubricates the sales cycle.
  • Customers want to know that varying foundries can be used.
  • Selling some chips as a secondary revenue stream.
  • MegaChips can build chips on behalf of other Customers.
  • Renesas releasing chip in coming months.
  • Neuromorphic standard will emerge over coming years - BrainChip intend to be part of that standard.
  • Primary revenue is IP licensing.
  • Royalties are powerful revenue streams.
  • Big market, favourable trend in the edge.
  • Gen 2 - Very strong positive reviews from analysts, very strong interest from Customers.
  • Working with marquee brands.
  • Strong team.
  • Real product, real market, real Customers. Attractive business model.
Q&A
  • Gen 2 – On pace for Q3 release, maybe earlier - development going well. BrainChip developing hardware and software at same time. Too early to sign customers but seeing high interest level from new prospects and existing customers.
  • Future earnings guidance – not at this time. IP licensing model is lumpy and includes a long sales cycle. Hard to predict but as BrainChip matures they will provide forecasts. Complex evaluation cycles ongoing, all going well but can’t time exactly when these will land.
  • When will break even be achieved – Similar to above, BrainChip is not forward projecting. Sean has a multi-year board approved plan.
  • Akida 1500 – expected to sell some of these to integrators. AKD1000 chip is essentially a demo chip. Never intended to be a revenue stream itself.

Very nice pres and thank you @Evermont for the great summary especially these bits.
Should go a long way to calm nerves unless you want to make a quick buck.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users
Yes and it would be pretty easy for those who bought at 3c to see the share price at 46c. Unlike those who bought at much higher prices.
It’s not Brainchip’s or early investors fault people bought in at an inflated price that was not sustainable off a news article and not an announcement. Again, impatience on those who don’t do research.

My mistake…realistic people who don’t do their research.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users

JDelekto

Regular
Don't twist it @Foxdog. If you listen to the presentation it is apparent he is referring to the physical chip and not IP.

That is correct. The AKD1000 chip was not meant for regular sales, but instead inside their enablement technologies (the Raspberry Pi, Shuttle PC, and PCIe cards) for those evaluating and developing their products against the technology.

Their focus had shifted to IP sales of which they have already had two customers. As Sean pointed out, we can still expect lumpy revenue, but I expect to see more activity at the end of this year and through 2024.

I am still steadfast in my resolve to continue holding, acquire more shares when possible, and reevaluate where the company is at in 2025.

At least my question was answered as to when the Akida 2.0 IP would be available --I was hoping to hear there were some people waiting in the wings to sign some deals, but I think allowing them to evaluate the results is fair enough.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 40 users

Foxdog

Regular
Didn't mean to twist it but I will continue to balance the over hyped enthusiasm that prevails on this forum with a contrarian view until we see self-sustaining REVENUE from customers who have actually committed. Quite happy for people to continue accusing me of not doing research but all the research in the world will amount to nothing if the company can't sell its product at volume.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 19 users

Kachoo

Regular
That is correct. The AKD1000 chip was not meant for regular sales, but instead inside their enablement technologies (the Raspberry Pi, Shuttle PC, and PCIe cards) for those evaluating and developing their products against the technology.

Their focus had shifted to IP sales of which they have already had two customers. As Sean pointed out, we can still expect lumpy revenue, but I expect to see more activity at the end of this year and through 2024.

I am still steadfast in my resolve to continue holding, acquire more shares when possible, and reevaluate where the company is at in 2025.

At least my question was answered as to when the Akida 2.0 IP would be available --I was hoping to hear there were some people waiting in the wings to sign some deals, but I think allowing them to evaluate the results is fair enough.
Akida 1000 was put strait to IP
Akida 1500 on 22n is being made in production to be sold for customers threogh Renesas.

Akida 2000 is likely IP again.

I would like to see an solid example of a first time made product be absolutely seller in the last few decades. Every product has be reworked to be better.

We are not selling a dump piece of metal but highly complicated technology 99.9 % of humanity does not understand yet.

Also they are on schedule to release Akida 2000 on time or ahead of schedule a bit.

I think some credit has to be given to them.

The delays I see in industry is mind boggling at times lol

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

DK6161

Regular
Seems to me that this is now confirmed as a slow burn. Doesn't appear to be any chance of a sudden ground-breaking announcement that will see a re-rate any time soon. The use of the term 'interested' when referring to customers doesn't really mean much in my opinion, it appears as though none are willing to commit to this new tech and are quite happy to wait and see what each new version will bring. 'AKD1000 never intended to be a revenue stream'....really? I thought Sean said the company would be self sustaining by Y/E 2022 on the back of AKD1000, perhaps I misunderstood. Personally I'm not expecting much from the next 4C or the AGM. Producing better and better chips/IP is fine but not if potential customers keep sitting on their hands waiting to see what's next. Nice, professional looking presentation though.
My thoughts exactly.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Foxdog

Regular
It’s not Brainchip’s or early investors fault people bought in at an inflated price that was not sustainable off a news article and not an announcement. Again, impatience on those who don’t do research.

My mistake…realistic people who don’t do their research.
Yes but it's pretty inconsiderate for some to gloat about the cheap prices that they bought at. Indeed many may well have bought on the hype that pervades this site. Think about that for a second. Early buyers quite comfortable with their current 10x gain happily joining dots and constantly ramping are now showing no sympathy or consideration for those who may have bought on the hype that they (the rampers) helped to create. I've done plenty of research by the way, much of which points to no substantial revenue and no new IP contracts for many months. Realistic is looking at the situation from different angles and not through blinkered, rose coloured glasses.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
And I don't see some of them here now.
Looks like the LDA deal is finished after all. Funny how the timing of all that works.
All these podcasts and talk of trillions, all these talks about explosive revenue, imminent contracts and interesting times....
What's interesting is a commercial product such as akida is selling lesser than a research piece such as loihi.
Forget trillions, hopefully BRN makes more than 5 million revenue this year. I know a 20 million market cap company on ASX which made nearly 5 million revenue last year.
Hopefully by 2025... and then when 2025 comes we can move the post to 2030.
With that outlook, you should sell your stocks.

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 19 users
It's easy to be an unhappy investor, not so easy to make a new revolutionary chip, get the attention of the world and get everybody to implement it, but seems like people are starting to buy into it now:

1681431120443.png

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users
Top Bottom