BRN Discussion Ongoing

Easytiger

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Frangipani

Regular
@Rise from the ashes and @Gies already gave the correct answer to @Opti ‘s question - it’s actually 15:30 Central European Daylight Saving Time.
Methinks you are confusing US and Australian time zones here - it can’t be the latter, as a fictitious OZ Pacific Time zone would be equivalent to East Coast Australia (which in fact has two time zones for half the year), and while WA would indeed be 3 hours behind NSW/VIC/ACT/TAS during the Southern Hemisphere summer, last time I checked, it was still bordering the Indian Ocean. 😊

Which reminds me of this prank… 😉

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
Sorry. Again in English: https://feeds.issuerdirect.com/news-release.html?newsid=7956362423195992

BrainChip CEO to Webcast Live at VirtualInvestorConferences.com April 13th

Company invites individual and institutional investors, as well as advisors and analysts, to attend real-time, interactive presentations on VirtualInvestorConferences.com​

LAGUNA HILLS, Calif., April 12, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP, today announced that BrainChip CEO, Sean Hehir, will present live at the Life Science Investor Forum, hosted by VirtualInvestorConferences.com, on April 13 th , 2023.
DATE : April 13 th , 2023
TIME: 9:30am Eastern/6:30am Pacific
LINK: https://tinyurl.com/2s3mtpb3
This will be a live, interactive online event where investors are invited to ask the company questions in real-time. If attendees are not able to join the event live on the day of the conference, an archived webcast will also be made available after the event.
It is recommended that investors pre-register and run the online system check to expedite participation and receive event updates.
Learn more about the event at www.virtualinvestorconferences.com .
This starts at 11.30pm Brisbane and Sydney time (ie. in 50minutes)

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Reactions: 1 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
Are you staying up to watch it Tezzzaroni?
I’m trying to but my eyes are heeeaaavvvyyyy

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)

Intel Foundry and Arm Announce Multigeneration Collaboration on Leading-Edge SoC Design​

Collaboration to bring chip designers a powerful combination of Arm core and Intel angstrom-era process technology advancements.

SANTA CLARA, Calif., and CAMBRIDGE, U.K., April 12, 2023 – Intel Foundry Services (IFS) and Arm today announced a multigeneration agreement to enable chip designers to build low-power compute system-on-chips (SoCs) on the Intel 18A process. The collaboration will focus on mobile SoC designs first, but allows for potential design expansion into automotive, Internet of Things (IoT), data center, aerospace and government applications. Arm® customers designing their next-generation mobile SoCs will benefit from leading-edge Intel 18A process technology, which delivers new breakthrough transistor technologies for improved power and performance, and from IFS’s robust manufacturing footprint that includes U.S.- and EU-based capacity.

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I just tried signing into the Virtual Investor Conference and it asked me if I was interested in cannabis?

39292CF9-02D6-4A0B-97DC-670DF3826F73.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
This starts at 11.30pm Brisbane and Sydney time (ie. in 50minutes)
The presentaction slides are already there ready but I don’t know how to copy them onto here. Here is a couple.

1681390404417.jpeg

1681390432128.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 58 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 77 users

I wonder, perhaps a bit of a long bow to stretch, maybe?​

"Ford launches Britain’s first hands-free self-driving car​

‘BlueCruise’ system allows motorists to use self-driving without touching the steering wheel

"Ford has launched Britain’s first hands-free self-driving car system after securing permission from the Department for Transport to allow motorists to let go of the steering wheel on motorways.

The company will charge £17.99-a-month to owners of its electric Mustang Mach-E vehicle for access to its “BlueCruise” system, which will drive the vehicle for motorists and allow them to take their hands off the wheel.

Once enabled, BlueCruise will allow drivers to travel at speeds of up to 70 miles per hour on UK roads, using radar and cameras to adjust speed, steer on bends and change position in a driving lane. Drivers will be monitored using an infrared camera to ensure they are paying attention to the road.

The system will be able to adapt to variable speed limits and come to a complete halt in traffic jams. It can adjust its position in the lane, for example when a large vehicle is passing, but not change lanes.

If a driver takes their eyes off the road, the system will show warning messages and audible alerts before slowing down the vehicle."
Australians already figured out that a sex doll can stay focused for hours:

• Haha

Frangipani

Regular
What‘s the right answer for the last box where it says “ I am a ….?”

There are too many options…What am I? A human, a passable cook, a bit of a dork.. I‘m having an identity crisis. Maybe I should put that in? The webinar willl be over before I’ve finished signing in at this rate!
Too late, but I was gonna suggest put in “feline” and let them work out the mysterious symbolism… Could be anything from a real cat unhappy with the frequent malfunctioning of its current microchip cat flap to German company Rheinmetall interested in tech-upgrading their Leopard and Gepard (cheetah) tanks or possibly a Brainchip competitor in stealth mode… 😸

feline​

adjective

fe·line ˈfē-ˌlīn

Synonyms of feline
: of, relating to, or affecting cats or the cat family

: resembling a cat: such as
a
: sleekly graceful
b
: SLY, TREACHEROUS
c
: STEALTHY

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode
Good presentation.

A few notes below based on my interpretation and understanding only. These are not intended as advice, guidance, recipe instructions etc. Recommend waiting for the recording and tuning in for yourself.

Cheers.

Presentation
  • Edge AI – The Right compute model
  • Customer Driven. Market Driven. Generations Ahead.
  • Akida - in the market now, real customers and gaining traction.
  • Chips, boards & systems available which people can try.
  • New chip available late Summer, early Fall
  • Market likes what they did with the first chip, have put additional technology into the second.
  • Sean has brought on board a number of high-level industry leaders.
  • Closed a set of licences already (assume MegaChips and Renesas).
  • Can’t build a product without an ecosystem.
  • Auto industry has a lot of interest in AI, and a lot of interest in BrainChip.
  • BrainChip seeing a lot of interest from healthcare as well.
  • Power consumption from data centres is unsustainable. Must move to edge market.
  • Market getting stronger every single day.
  • BrainChip seeing absolute interest in all markets – industrial, auto, health, home/consumer.
  • Fully digital and event based is critical – allows customers to move/deploy to any technology.
  • Easy to convert existing models to Akida IP.
  • Gen 1 product focused on grey boxes (ie. Akida-E)
  • Gen 2 product focuses on addressing orange and blue boxes (ie. Akida-S & P). This results in more functions and more Customers.
  • Tech partners – lubricates the sales cycle.
  • Customers want to know that varying foundries can be used.
  • Selling some chips as a secondary revenue stream.
  • MegaChips can build chips on behalf of other Customers.
  • Renesas releasing chip in coming months.
  • Neuromorphic standard will emerge over coming years - BrainChip intend to be part of that standard.
  • Primary revenue is IP licensing.
  • Royalties are powerful revenue streams.
  • Big market, favourable trend in the edge.
  • Gen 2 - Very strong positive reviews from analysts, very strong interest from Customers.
  • Working with marquee brands.
  • Strong team.
  • Real product, real market, real Customers. Attractive business model.
Q&A
  • Gen 2 – On pace for Q3 release, maybe earlier - development going well. BrainChip developing hardware and software at same time. Too early to sign customers but seeing high interest level from new prospects and existing customers.
  • Future earnings guidance – not at this time. IP licensing model is lumpy and includes a long sales cycle. Hard to predict but as BrainChip matures they will provide forecasts. Complex evaluation cycles ongoing, all going well but can’t time exactly when these will land.
  • When will break even be achieved – Similar to above, BrainChip is not forward projecting. Sean has a multi-year board approved plan.
  • Akida 1500 – expected to sell some of these to integrators. AKD1000 chip is essentially a demo chip. Never intended to be a revenue stream itself.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 131 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 57 users
S

Straw

Good presentation.

A few notes below based on my interpretation and understanding only. These are not intended as advice, guidance, recipe instructions etc. Recommend waiting for the recording and tuning in for yourself.

Cheers.

Presentation
  • Edge AI – The Right compute model
  • Customer Driven. Market Driven. Generations Ahead.
  • Akida - in the market now, real customers and gaining traction.
  • Chips, boards & systems available which people can try.
  • New chip available late Summer, early Fall
  • Market likes what they did with the first chip, have put additional technology into the second.
  • Sean has brought on board a number of high-level industry leaders.
  • Closed a set of licences already (assume MegaChips and Renesas).
  • Can’t build a product without an ecosystem.
  • Auto industry has a lot of interest in AI, and a lot of interest in BrainChip.
  • BrainChip seeing a lot of interest from healthcare as well.
  • Power consumption from data centres is unsustainable. Must move to edge market.
  • Market getting stronger every single day.
  • BrainChip seeing absolute interest in all markets – industrial, auto, health, home/consumer.
  • Fully digital and event based is critical – allows customers to move/deploy to any technology.
  • Easy to convert existing models to Akida IP.
  • Gen 1 product focused on grey boxes (ie. Akida-E)
  • Gen 2 product focuses on addressing orange and blue boxes (ie. Akida-S & P). This results in more functions and more Customers.
  • Tech partners – lubricates the sales cycle.
  • Customers want to know that varying foundries can be used.
  • Selling some chips as a secondary revenue stream.
  • MegaChips can build chips on behalf of other Customers.
  • Renesas releasing chip in coming months.
  • Neuromorphic standard will emerge over coming years - BrainChip intend to be part of that standard.
  • Primary revenue is IP licensing.
  • Royalties are powerful revenue streams.
  • Big market, favourable trend in the edge.
  • Gen 2 - Very strong positive reviews from analysts, very strong interest from Customers.
  • Working with marquee brands.
  • Strong team.
  • Real product, real market, real Customers. Attractive business model.
Q&A
  • Gen 2 – On pace for Q3 release, maybe earlier - development going well. BrainChip developing hardware and software at same time. Too early to sign customers but seeing high interest level from new prospects and existing customers.
  • Future earnings guidance – not at this time. IP licensing model is lumpy and includes a long sales cycle. Hard to predict but as BrainChip matures they will provide forecasts. Complex evaluation cycles ongoing, all going well but can’t time exactly when these will land.
  • When will break even be achieved – Similar to above, BrainChip is not forward projecting. Sean has a multi-year board approved plan.
  • Akida 1500 – expected to sell some of these to integrators. AKD1000 chip is essentially a demo chip. Never intended to be a revenue stream itself.
If I may add the following Re Akida 2.0 - development going "exceptionally well", "easily make Q3 if not sooner".

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

Foxdog

Regular
Seems to me that this is now confirmed as a slow burn. Doesn't appear to be any chance of a sudden ground-breaking announcement that will see a re-rate any time soon. The use of the term 'interested' when referring to customers doesn't really mean much in my opinion, it appears as though none are willing to commit to this new tech and are quite happy to wait and see what each new version will bring. 'AKD1000 never intended to be a revenue stream'....really? I thought Sean said the company would be self sustaining by Y/E 2022 on the back of AKD1000, perhaps I misunderstood. Personally I'm not expecting much from the next 4C or the AGM. Producing better and better chips/IP is fine but not if potential customers keep sitting on their hands waiting to see what's next. Nice, professional looking presentation though.

• Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

schuey

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Seems to me that this is now confirmed as a slow burn. Doesn't appear to be any chance of a sudden ground-breaking announcement that will see a re-rate any time soon. The use of the term 'interested' when referring to customers doesn't really mean much in my opinion, it appears as though none are willing to commit to this new tech and are quite happy to wait and see what each new version will bring. 'AKD1000 never intended to be a revenue stream'....really? I thought Sean said the company would be self sustaining by Y/E 2022 on the back of AKD1000, perhaps I misunderstood. Personally I'm not expecting much from the next 4C or the AGM. Producing better and better chips/IP is fine but not if potential customers keep sitting on their hands waiting to see what's next. Nice, professional looking presentation though.
Seems to me that you don’t understand that Brainchip is the front runner of an emerging technology.

Neuromorphic computing is now starting to be widely researched. Demonstrations of Akida’s capabilities to get customers interest is one thing. To implement them in a customers end product will take time. Only then will a dotted line be signed.

NASA, Us Navy and AF are all still researching this field. It’s not a simple demonstration and sign straight up process. The technology has to be tailored for the use case.

Renesas, Megachips, Arm and Sifive are but a few partners that have confidence in Brainchip. If you can’t wait a few more months for a Renesas MCU with Akida IP to be released and to see results, then you strike me as quite impatient.

The groundwork of a fantastic ecosystem has been laid. No use being negative all the time if you’re going to keep holding a stake in the company.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 60 users
A big thanks to Evermont for summarizing the presentation.
I agree with Foxdog. This presentation showed that communication with shareholders and the public in general was far from good in the past.
It's almost certain that we can not expect any significant revenue this year.
This means that revenue will start to kick in 2 years after what was forecasted, at best.

To all the people defending the management. Please stop ignoring the red flags that are blatantly obvious to anyone and ask critical questions at the AGM. Saying that the AKD1000 was never intended to be a revenue stream. It boils my blood to put it lightly.
That's my request to all Australian holders who will attend the AGM this year.
Please don't be in denial. Face that the management failed to communicate, failed to fulfill their promises and that most if not all revenue-related predictions were hollow words.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 43 users

Foxdog

Regular
Seems to me that you don’t understand that Brainchip is the front runner of an emerging technology.

Neuromorphic computing is now starting to be widely researched. Demonstrations of Akida’s capabilities to get customers interest is one thing. To implement them in a customers end product will take time. Only then will a dotted line be signed.

NASA, Us Navy and AF are all still researching this field. It’s not a simple demonstration and sign straight up process. The technology has to be tailored for the use case.

Renesas, Megachips, Arm and Sifive are but a few partners that have confidence in Brainchip. If you can’t wait a few more months for a Renesas MCU with Akida IP to be released and to see results, then you strike me as quite impatient.

The groundwork of a fantastic ecosystem has been laid. No use being negative all the time if you’re going to keep holding a stake in the company.
You might call it impatient and negative but I call it realistic......

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Top Bottom