BRN Discussion Ongoing

mcm

Regular
Hmmm ... sell side seems to be drying up. Has LDA or whomever was selling sold their fill? Can see BRN heading back into the fifties possibly as early as today or tomorrow.

• Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
Morning Zeeb0t
Yes! the phrasing of the question has significant impact.
I tried a few variaitons again with mixed results.
Here ist he one asked that offered no relationship

What relationship does Megachips have with Brainchip:

Today there is alternate questions offered which I selected and they too came up blank
Here are the variations offered when my first is posed

If not, try asking: "Is there any connection or relation between Megachips and Brainchip?"
If not, try asking: Are Megachips and Brainchip related or connected in any way?
If not, try asking: Is there any connection or relation between Megachips and Brainchip?

all gave the same response which included "However, there is no mention of Megachips or any connection or relation with Brainchip."

When this question is posed;
"Discribe the megachips and brainchip partnership"
A more appropriate response is received
"Megachips is incorporating BrainChip's Akida technology into its ASIC solutions service, enabling the development and support required to design and manufacture integrated circuits and systems on chips with intelligence that will drive AI into the next generation of edge-based devices. This means that Megachips is utilizing BrainChip's technology by designing the Akida IP into system-on-chip (SoC) products that will be ready-to-use systems or implementing Akida silicon into ready-to-use modules.

Thanks again for your work on the TSX

I just finished an upgrade to it... try again! P.s., it should be a lot quicker now :)

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

Lex555

Regular
Reactions: 2 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
Wow pretty good first attempt at a mini ChatGPT with a domain of just this website or is the Brainchipinc website? Anyway, it stumbled on my first question - I asked it ‘What is JAST?’ and it said (paraphrasing) that this website contains no information about JAST? A little disappointing but that’s why you want the feedback I’m guessing.

Upgrade complete... now when asking the question, you get:

"JAST is a new unsupervised learning algorithm developed by the Brain and Cognition Research Center (CERCO) in Toulouse, France. BrainChip Holdings Ltd has signed an agreement with French-based technology transfer company Toulouse Tech Transfer to license the exclusive rights to the JAST learning rules and algorithms. The groundbreaking JAST technology significantly enhances the Company’s existing neural network design and will be implemented on the Company’s proprietary Spiking Neural Adaptive Processor (SNAP)."

Let me know whatever other feedback you have! :) Thanks!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

wilzy123

Founding Member

Uncovering new opportunities with edge AI​

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Yak52

Regular
Upgrade complete... now when asking the question, you get:

"JAST is a new unsupervised learning algorithm developed by the Brain and Cognition Research Center (CERCO) in Toulouse, France. BrainChip Holdings Ltd has signed an agreement with French-based technology transfer company Toulouse Tech Transfer to license the exclusive rights to the JAST learning rules and algorithms. The groundbreaking JAST technology significantly enhances the Company’s existing neural network design and will be implemented on the Company’s proprietary Spiking Neural Adaptive Processor (SNAP)."

Let me know whatever other feedback you have! :) Thanks!
Zeeb0t..........so the website does not have the info that BrainChip has BOUGHT the JAST (owns it), only the old licencing info?
Some serious updating needed to the website to keep it current.

Yak52

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

davidfitz

Regular
Sorry if this has already been mentioned but I rarely visit the forum these days.

MANUFACTURING TECH DISRUPTOR OF THE YEAR

BrainChip Ltd. – Neuromorphic convolutional chip saves up to 97% of power while offering high performance Artificial Intelligence processing.

Phaos Technology

Porotech

SMARTECH Manewfacturing™ Technologies

MARCH 24​

Shortlist Announced

MAY 11​

Winners Announced

The Awards are judged by leading tech industry experts from around the world and judging is ethical, transparent and fair will all entrants receiving feedback on their submissions.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 82 users
Sorry if this has already been mentioned but I rarely visit the forum these days.

BrainChip Ltd. – Neuromorphic convolutional chip saves up to 97% of power while offering high performance Artificial Intelligence processing.

Phaos Technology

Porotech

MARCH 24​

Shortlist Announced

MAY 11​

Winners Announced

The Awards are judged by leading tech industry experts from around the world and judging is ethical, transparent and fair will all entrants receiving feedback on their submissions.
Also:

BEST USE OF INNOVATION

Brainchip Ltd. – Smarter AI through neuromorphic cortical processing hardware.

Short listed twice in different categories.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 68 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Wonder if something like these proposed new goggles could be our breakout killer app product?

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users

skutza

Regular
Well if we're going to Brag about it lets get them all together shall we?

1679888065424.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 88 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Also:

BEST USE OF INNOVATION

Short listed twice in different categories.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
No, three times in fact.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Diogenese

Top 20
@Diogenese do you know how Rohm’s Von Neumann NN accelerator can product such supposed efficiencies with on-chip learning. I see this was discussed on TSE back in November when media was released. Did you find out anything further.

I wonder if their minimal 20,000 circuit gates would reduce speed of inference compared to Akida.
I'm sure you're right about the speed:

Introduction to ROHM’s On-Device Learning AI Chip BD15035
1679887353213.png

As you can see from the right hand graph, their Matisse CPU is slower than 2 of the 3 comparison CPUs. This is several times slower than Akida.

The ROHM SoC is a single purpose device for detecting vibrations, hence the FFT (Fast Fourier Transform) input function. Fourier transform breaks a signal down to its individual frequency components.
1679887844983.png

Couldn't find any patents by Professor Matsutani from Keio Uni, but here is a 2021 paper he jointly authored:

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2107.12824v1.pdf

Although high-performance deep neural networks are in high demand in edge environments, computation resources are strictly limited in edge devices, and light-weight neural network techniques, such as Depthwise Separable Convolution (DSC), have been developed. ResNet is one of conventional deep neural network models that stack a lot of layers and parameters for a higher accuracy. To reduce the parameter size of ResNet, by utilizing a similarity to ODE (Ordinary Differential Equation), Neural ODE repeatedly uses most of weight parameters instead of having a lot of different parameters. Thus, Neural ODE becomes significantly small compared to that of ResNet so that it can be implemented in resource-limited edge devices. In this paper, a combination of Neural ODE and DSC, called dsODENet, is designed and implemented for FPGAs (Field-Programmable Gate Arrays). dsODENet is then applied to edge domain adaptation as a practical use case and evaluated with image classification datasets. It is implemented on Xilinx ZCU104 board and evaluated in terms of domain adaptation accuracy, training speed, FPGA resource utilization, and speedup rate compared to a software execution. The results demonstrate that dsODENet is comparable to or slightly better than our baseline Neural ODE implementation in terms of domain adaptation accuracy, while the total parameter size without pre- and post-processing layers is reduced by 54.2% to 79.8%. The FPGA implementation accelerates the prediction tasks by 27.9 times faster than a software implementation.

Basically, Neural ODE is a NN model that uses an abbreviated NN configuration (eg, 3 layers in ROHM vibration detector).

• Love
Reactions: 18 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Well if we're going to Brag about it lets get them all together shall we?

View attachment 33042
Good publicity when/if we win with any/all of these.
I wonder how legit these are though?
I certainly do not know where they rank from the Oscars to the Nobels?
My old boss was always entering us in these trophy /awards competitions run by our Industry bodies, year after year for the bragging rights and to have on our letterhead etc, but I was left with the feeling that it was all a bit rigged. Sort of a boys club mutual back slapping/washing type of thing.
Still, lots of people paid to participate and seemed to have a good old time and in this instance I do like our categories. 🤣
AKIDA BALLISTA
AKIDA EVERYWHERE
GLTA (Good Luck To Akida 🤣)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Good publicity when/if we win with any/all of these.
I wonder how legit these are though?
I certainly do not know where they rank from the Oscars to the Nobels?
My old boss was always entering us in these trophy /awards competitions run by our Industry bodies, year after year for the bragging rights and to have on our letterhead etc, but I was left with the feeling that it was all a bit rigged. Sort of a boys club mutual back slapping/washing type of thing.
Still, lots of people paid to participate and seemed to have a good old time and in this instance I do like our categories. 🤣
AKIDA BALLISTA
AKIDA EVERYWHERE
GLTA (Good Luck To Akida 🤣)

It has "Global" in the award name, so it surely must be legit.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Phaos Technology

Porotech

MARCH 24​

Shortlist Announced

MAY 11​

Winners Announced

Further down the page:

BEST USE OF INNOVATION

Adthena’s Brand Activator – saving marketers up to 20% on brand search ads

Epsilon Telecommunications –
Infiny by Epsilon

Cornerstone OnDemand – Skills Graph

Freyr Digital

GrowByData-
Holistic Search Explorer

HighRadius – Fluree – Fluree Sense

Jenson8 – Apollo

Leap Telkom Digital

MIGGRA –
TARO, a Collaborative Robot

Nobi – AI Powered Lamp

River Square Company Limited – River Chain

TRANSFORMATION THROUGH TECHNOLOGY

Adthena’s Brand Activator – saving marketers up to 20% on brand search ads

Agreeculture Telkom Digital

BigHand –
Transformation Through Technology

Brainchip Ltd. Saving the world’s energy resources through distributed high-performance and low power AI processing

Eazi-Business

Proxymity

River Square Company Limited –
River Chain

Roads & Transport Authority (RTA) – Monitoring and Enforcement System (MES)

Yext & Optum – Delivering a Better Digital Experience

Edit: Did not even podium this time ...

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
Zeeb0t..........so the website does not have the info that BrainChip has BOUGHT the JAST (owns it), only the old licencing info?
Some serious updating needed to the website to keep it current.

Yak52

Following up by asking, "Did Brainchip acquire IP rights to JAST?"

You get this response:

"Yes, BrainChip acquired full ownership of the IP rights related to JAST learning rule and algorithms from French technology transfer-based company Toulouse Tech Transfer (TTT), including issued patent EP3324344 and pending patents US2019/0286944 and EP3324343. The invention related to the acquired IP rights include pattern detection algorithms that provide BrainChip with significant competitive advantages. The company held an exclusive license for the IP prior to their acquisition."

• Fire
  • Love

TECH

Regular
Good afternoon,

Is it just me or do any of you sense a change in the breeze, it's picking up a touch from the South.

Looking forward to LDA Capital's cash entering our accounts, news of the completion of our obligation must be very close now.

Some great posts being shared, thanks everyone.

Tech.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 44 users

Yak52

Regular
Following up by asking, "Did Brainchip acquire IP rights to JAST?"

You get this response:

"Yes, BrainChip acquired full ownership of the IP rights related to JAST learning rule and algorithms from French technology transfer-based company Toulouse Tech Transfer (TTT), including issued patent EP3324344 and pending patents US2019/0286944 and EP3324343. The invention related to the acquired IP rights include pattern detection algorithms that provide BrainChip with significant competitive advantages. The company held an exclusive license for the IP prior to their acquisition."

Ah good that this info is also on the website! very important info .
Yes wording of the question can have quite different results, though none bad just different answers.
Did anyone confirm if Merc & NASA are mentioned at all?

Y.

Reactions: 6 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
I'm sure you're right about the speed:

Introduction to ROHM’s On-Device Learning AI Chip BD15035
View attachment 33039
As you can see from the right hand graph, their Matisse CPU is slower than 2 of the 3 comparison CPUs. This is several times slower than Akida.

The ROHM SoC is a single purpose device for detecting vibrations, hence the FFT (Fast Fourier Transform) input function. Fourier transform breaks a signal down to its individual frequency components.
View attachment 33040

Couldn't find any patents by Professor Matsutani from Keio Uni, but here is a 2021 paper he jointly authored:

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2107.12824v1.pdf

Although high-performance deep neural networks are in high demand in edge environments, computation resources are strictly limited in edge devices, and light-weight neural network techniques, such as Depthwise Separable Convolution (DSC), have been developed. ResNet is one of conventional deep neural network models that stack a lot of layers and parameters for a higher accuracy. To reduce the parameter size of ResNet, by utilizing a similarity to ODE (Ordinary Differential Equation), Neural ODE repeatedly uses most of weight parameters instead of having a lot of different parameters. Thus, Neural ODE becomes significantly small compared to that of ResNet so that it can be implemented in resource-limited edge devices. In this paper, a combination of Neural ODE and DSC, called dsODENet, is designed and implemented for FPGAs (Field-Programmable Gate Arrays). dsODENet is then applied to edge domain adaptation as a practical use case and evaluated with image classification datasets. It is implemented on Xilinx ZCU104 board and evaluated in terms of domain adaptation accuracy, training speed, FPGA resource utilization, and speedup rate compared to a software execution. The results demonstrate that dsODENet is comparable to or slightly better than our baseline Neural ODE implementation in terms of domain adaptation accuracy, while the total parameter size without pre- and post-processing layers is reduced by 54.2% to 79.8%. The FPGA implementation accelerates the prediction tasks by 27.9 times faster than a software implementation.

Basically, Neural ODE is a NN model that uses an abbreviated NN configuration (eg, 3 layers in ROHM vibration detector).
This is the only Matisse that I understand.
Matisse.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Cgc516

Regular
There is an interesting thing, my watch showed price was .480 at 3PM today. ( I set my watch 35 minutes earlier than normal time. )
Apple predicted today’s finish?

D77004CF-F0C6-47FE-A843-29D74827F8C9.jpeg

• Haha
  • Love
Top Bottom