BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
The average Mercedes is $76,590 USD.

@ 2% = $1531.80 USD x AUD.
View attachment 33026
ANSWER: 2% of an Average Mercedes is $2302.83 AUD. X 2 Million cars.

The answer: Just a little over $4.6 Billion

Time will tell.....if the dreams are alive. 😁😁😁

Edit: All the above are hypothetical. And for entertaining purposes only.

Now returning to this. (Thanks Dio for the refreshers)

"BrainChip said it was expecting to table aggregate revenue of US$2 million (A$2.8 million) through to December 31, 2022"

But from the recent Annual Reports

View attachment 33028

Licensing revenue is $4,049,889 USD
So an extra $2 Million + in licensing revenue are additional to Renesas and MegaChips. 🎉🥳🍺

Could it be Mercedes?
Could it be Lasson Peak?
Could it be more?

(JMHO, DYOR)
Learning 🏖
Hi Learning,

I was trying to do the sums, but I couldn't get my shoes off.

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
Wow pretty good first attempt at a mini ChatGPT with a domain of just this website or is the Brainchipinc website? Anyway, it stumbled on my first question - I asked it ‘What is JAST?’ and it said (paraphrasing) that this website contains no information about JAST? A little disappointing but that’s why you want the feedback I’m guessing.
It’s just the Brainchip website although it does appear to have missed that page mentioning JAST in its crawl. I’ll check in on that, thanks!

Reactions: 4 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
It’s just the Brainchip website although it does appear to have missed that page mentioning JAST in its crawl. I’ll check in on that, thanks!
Ah, looks like a lot of their news / announcements aren’t first accessible without a JavaScript enabled crawler.

Well good news is I was plugging one of those in today, then will issue a recrawl. That will help to pick up these “inaccessible” pages with a more conventional HTML only crawler that I first wrote.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Foxdog

Regular
I'm keeping a low profile on here at the moment but I will say one thing.

I did have a conversation with Tony Dawe in my hiatus and his direct quote to me asking about companies purchasing licenses through third parties (such as Megachips) was this:

"It seems highly unlikely that a customer of one of our licensees would keep its use of neuromorphic AI a secret for very long.

Such a company would almost certainly use the employment of Akida neuromorphic IP as part of its marketing pitch to attract customers by differentiating its product from its competitors".

So hopefully, the floodgates are released soon and we hear of a number of products utilising Akida. Also, whoever has already purchased through Megachips, please shout it from the rooftops! (edit: likely it is Mercedes as stated by DB below)
Did Tony happen to give any indication of how many customers of our licencees were using AKIDA? Or a hint on how successful (say Megachips) are in convincing their customers to use AKIDA? Can we expect a flood of uptake now that Gen2 has been created to address customer requests? Would be great to get a company update. A healthy looking 4C wouldn't go astray either.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users
Way back in time when Mr. Dinardo used deliver his presentations to shareholders on one occasion he mentioned the highly politicised word 'NUCLEAR'. Mr. Dinardo only mentioned this word this one time as far as I can recall. I also do not recall any other Brainchip representative uttering this word though it is possible it occurred I do not believe it was ever produced in any written document that has been released by the company. Given Brainchip's publicly released relationship with ISL the following intelligent controller for nuclear power plants caught my attention:

hdr_environment.jpg

Nuclear energy is an excellent source of process heat for various industrial applications including desalination, synthetic and unconventional oil production, oil refining, biomass-based ethanol production, and in the future: hydrogen production.
For most major industrial heat applications, nuclear energy is the only credible non-carbon option. But the challenge is how to efficiently regulate, control, and appropriate the excess nuclear heat energy for industrial heat application.
ISL has solved the problem with iCLEAR – Intelligent ControL for Environmentally Advanced Reactors

• iCLEAR addresses challenges associated with CO2 by simultaneously providing clean electricity and sequestering CO2.
  • iCLEAR provides an environmentally safe high temperature heat source for processes such as sequestration,
    desalination, etc.
  • iCLEAR is an intelligent nuclear controller that anticipates changes in electrical demand and adjusts appropriately.
  • iCLEAR is aligned with the next wave of small, advanced nuclear reactors.
Intelligent controller that performs multiple tasks to optimize the use of nuclear reactor output.
  • Simultaneously provides clean nuclear electricity and CO2 sequestration
  • Anticipates electrical grid demand based on multiple real time inputs
  • Implements artificial intelligence to predict future usage trends
  • Integrates nuclear island with environmentally desirable processes
  • Carbon sequestration
  • Desalination
  • Production of products with economic value (carbon-based electronics, fuels, hydrogen)
  • Heat for industrial processes
  • Manages load balance manoeuvres to transfer heat output
My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Very interesting FF. Sounds like everything a nuclear sub needs.

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
Defense News Logo

NATO preps tech competition to solve real-world security issues​

By Vivienne Machi
Mar 25 at 01:42 AM

YS6UAOGTKVAQ5K7MHNBTN3HYAE.jpg
(liuzishan/Getty Images)
STUTTGART, Germany — NATO’s nascent defense technology accelerator is preparing to launch the first several competition-style programs, meant to help the alliance find solutions to emerging technology problems.
NATO plans to begin this fall initial “challenges” under the Defence Innovation Accelerator for the North Atlantic, or DIANA, initiative, the alliance announced March 22. The events will pit competitors against each other to solve real-world security issues, such as operating in a GPS-denied environment, officials previously explained.

A call for participants to apply for the challenges is to take place in mid-2023, and up to 30 participants are to be selected for each challenge. The number of challenges and awardees is expected to grow annually until the program is fully operational by 2025, according to NATO.
The first challenges will take place at the following five accelerator sites, pending the conclusion of contractual arrangements:
  • Tehnopol in Tallinn, Estonia.
  • Officine Grandi Riparazioni in Turin, Italy.
  • BioInnovation Institute in Copenhagen, Denmark.
  • MassChallenge in the U.S. city of Boston, Massachusetts.
  • Pacific Northwest Mission Acceleration Center in the U.S. city of Seattle, Washington.
Click here to see DIANA’s test center locations

NATO members formally agreed to launch the DIANA initiative in April 2022, along with an initial €1 billion (U.S. $1.1 billion) investment in an innovation fund. The goal is for DIANA to help the alliance speed up trans-Atlantic cooperation on technologies such as artificial intelligence, big-data processing, energy and propulsion, autonomy, space, biotechnology, hypersonics, and quantum advancements.
DIANA will also build a network meant to support defense- and national security-focused tech startups that are developing NATO-relevant efforts through grant programs.
In December 2022, the DIANA board of directors agreed that energy resilience, secure information sharing, as well as sensing and surveillance would be the initiative’s technology priorities for 2023. Barbara McQuiston, deputy chief technology officer for science and technology at the U.S. Defense Department, is chair of the board. Imre Porkoláb, ministerial commissioner for defense innovation at Hungary’s Defence Ministry, serves as vice chair.
The board also recently agreed to add 28 new “deep-tech test centers” to the entity’s footprint, alongside two new accelerator sites in North America. That brings the total number of test centers to 91, with 11 accelerator sites, the alliance said March 22. That footprint is expected to continue to grow, according to NATO officials.

The Europe-based accelerator sites are currently located in London, England; Copenhagen; Brussels and Wallonia in Belgium; Tallinn; Turin; Prague, Czech Republic; Ankara, Turkey; Lisbon, Portugal; as well as Athens and Heraklion in Greece. In the United States, Boston and Seattle each host an accelerator site.
Click here to see DIANA’s accelerator sites
France intends to give DIANA access to national technology accelerators drawn from across its domestic innovation sector, according to NATO.
Meanwhile, the following countries have offered to link up existing and new national test centers to DIANA’s network: Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States.
About Vivienne Machi
Vivienne Machi is a reporter based in Stuttgart, Germany, contributing to Defense News' European coverage. She previously reported for National Defense Magazine, Defense Daily, Via Satellite, Foreign Policy and the Dayton Daily News. She was named the Defence Media Awards' best young defense journalist in 2020.
I love my legendary DIANA. It also has a nib that is more powerful than the usual. It is an air rifle.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/llew...2-pw-4?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_ios

This could be the best natural exposure we could ever hope for. The industry is starting to wildly recognise the problem of brute force GPU processing for AI.

As we all know Akida has a simple
Solution to fix this problem in the coming years as to move more compute away from the cloud and on to the device itself. Edge computing with a Neuromorphic approach can and will radically offload the servers reducing latency and improving bandwidth.

Is the world waking up to the benefits of Akida?

Nvidia in spotlight

Attachments

• 5568286C-B205-4626-9C49-D0593D0E2652.png
    5568286C-B205-4626-9C49-D0593D0E2652.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 182
  • F802D914-3177-4937-AF4D-466BAD6E696E.png
    F802D914-3177-4937-AF4D-466BAD6E696E.png
    3 MB · Views: 194
Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

TheDrooben

Pretty Pretty Pretty Pretty Good
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Did Tony happen to give any indication of how many customers of our licencees were using AKIDA? Or a hint on how successful (say Megachips) are in convincing their customers to use AKIDA? Can we expect a flood of uptake now that Gen2 has been created to address customer requests? Would be great to get a company update. A healthy looking 4C wouldn't go astray either.
No but he did say we would be hearing a lot more from the CEO.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users
I found the following article which was published in 2018 by DARPA extolling the advantages of the SBIR grants system to allow small and medium businesses to engage with Defence in this case the Air Force.

The interesting part however is the small to medium business exampled is ISL or Information Systems Laboritories Inc the company which we know is a Brainchip EAP customer specifically for a radar project with the US Airforce Research Lab.

What I suggest you might like to do is read this article then progress to the announcement in 2022 regarding Brainchip and ISL and how they intended to use AKIDA technology. Then see if like me you find a significant cross over.

If you do then the comments regarding the commercial success already being seen in 2018 when this article was published and the fact that in my posts from yesterday you will have discovered that ISL now occupies over 100,000 square feet of factory space and employs 100s of engineers might suggest that the published success of this project with Brainchip towards the end of 2022 as revealed here could be of greater short term significance than imagined:

https://www.sbir.gov/node/1526807

Article from 2018

The Air Force is poised to save millions of dollars on the new radar systems it delivers to the warfighter.

With support from the Air Force Small Business Innovation Research/Small Business Technology Transfer Program, San Diego-based Information Systems Laboratories Inc. developed a solution to replace expensive flight testing for radar design engineers. Operators and pilots can also use the technology to bolster their radar training while reducing the flight time required to achieve proficiency.

The technology meets the needs of all military commands and services that rely on advanced radar modeling, testing and training, so it has the potential for widespread adoption across the Department of Defense. Information Systems Laboratories has already earned Phase III contracts, which denote funding from outside the Air Force SBIR/ STTR Program and indicate a critical commercialization benchmark.

Additionally, commercial variations of the system are now available and beginning to be sold.

BEHIND THE TECHNOLOGY

Advanced radar flight tests that mimic conditions in highly contested environments are some of the most expensive flight tests to conduct, costing the Air Force millions of dollars annually. This SBIR/STTR project was intended to model complex radar systems operating in those conditions.

Throughout the development process, the company took a new approach to high-fidelity radar/RF modeling which includes high-performance embedded computing. The idea is that design engineers and operators would be able to realistically conduct countless virtual sorties from a secure location while capturing all of the real-world effects a radar is likely to encounter.

Working on the Air Force solution – in collaboration with Muralidhar Rangaswamy, senior advisor for radar research at the Air Force Research Laboratory Sensors Directorate – also allowed the company to launch a commercial version called RFView.

That product allows a user to fly their radar/RF system anywhere in the world from their office or laboratory, according to Joseph Guerci, president and CEO of Information Systems Laboratories.

Through RFView, users enter the simulation parameters then submit a job that runs remotely on a high-performance computer cluster to ensure timely simulation results. No special computing software or hardware is required. A sister product, RTEMES, allows for real-time hardware-in-the-loop operation of RFView with the actual flight hardware.

SBIR FUNDING WAS CRITICAL

In addition to its newer Phase III contract, the company is working closely with AFRL on another technology transition. Commercial sales of RFView and RTEMES are now having a bigger impact on Information Systems Laboratories than any other product in the company’s history.

Information Systems Laboratories had approximately 60 employees at the start of this project and Guerci expects that number to more than triple within two years because of its success.

“SBIR funding was critical to take our nascent RFView technology to the next level of maturation and commercialization while simultaneously producing a game changing new capability for the Air Force and Department of Defense,” he said.

Guerci Consulting won the original Air Force SBIR/STTR contract for the project and merged with Information Systems Laboratories in 2015.

Information Systems Labs Joins BrainChip Early Access Program

January 09, 2022 05:30 PM Eastern Standard Time

LAGUNA HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), a leading provider of ultra-low power, high performance artificial intelligence technology and the world’s first commercial producer of neuromorphic AI chips and IP, today announced that Information Systems Laboratories, Inc. (ISL) is developing an AI-based radar research solution for the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) based on its Akida™ neural networking processor.

“As part of BrainChip’s EAP, we’ve had the opportunity to evaluate firsthand the capabilities that Akida provides to the AI ecosystem”

Tweet this

ISL is an employee-owned technology development corporation that performs expert research and complex analysis, software and systems engineering, advanced hardware design and development, and high-quality specialty fabrication for a variety of customers worldwide. ISL specializes in the areas of advanced signal processing, space exploration, undersea technologies, surveillance and tracking, cyber security, advanced radar systems, and energy independence. As a member of BrainChip’s Early Access Program, ISL will be able to evaluate boards with the Akida device, software and hardware support and dedicated engineering resources.

“As part of BrainChip’s EAP, we’ve had the opportunity to evaluate first hand the capabilities that Akida provides to the AI ecosystem,” said Jamie Bergin, Senior VP, Manager of Research, Development and Engineering Solutions Division at ISL.

BrainChip brings AI to the edge in a way that existing technologies are not capable. The Akida processor is ultra-low power with high performance, supporting the growth of edge AI technology by using a neuromorphic architecture, a type of artificial intelligence that is inspired by the biology of the human brain. Devices currently available to BrainChip’s EAP customers provide partners with capabilities to realize significant gains in power consumption, design flexibility and true learning at the Edge.

“ISL has decided to use Akida and Edge-based learning as a tool to incorporate into their portfolio of research engineering and engineering solutions in large part due to our innovative capabilities and production-ready status that provides go-to-market advantages,” said Sean Hehir, BrainChip CEO. “We are pleased to be included as the AI- and Edge-based learning component of ISL’s research sponsored by AFRL. We feel that the combination of technologies will help expedite its deployment into the field.”

Akida is currently available now to be licensed as IP, as well as available for orders for production release in silicon. Its focus is on low power and high-performance, enabling sensory processing, for applications in Beneficial AI, as well as applications including Smart Healthcare, Smart Cities, Smart Transportation and Smart Home. Those interested in learning how BrainChip has solved the problems inherent in moving AI out of the data center to the Edge where data is created can visit https://brainchipinc.com/technology/ for more information.

My opinion only DYOR

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 64 users
No but he did say we would be hearing a lot more from the CEO.
Well the more information from the CEO on partners, engagement plans and revenue would be really great right now.

If BRN were to drop an revenue related announcement on market today there would be an explosion upwards as there is already over double the amount of buyers on market today and the sell side is light!

Fire one off Sean!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
What did you search for? I searched for "Is Megachips partnered with Brainchip?" and it answered with: "Yes, Megachips is partnered with Brainchip. They are incorporating the Akida technology into their ASIC solutions service, enabling the development and support required to design and manufacture integrated circuits and systems on chips with intelligence that will drive AI into the next generation of edge-based devices.".

I also asked: "What relationship does Megachips and Brainchip have together?" and it answered with: "Megachips is incorporating Brainchip's Akida technology into its ASIC solutions service, enabling the development and support required to design and manufacture integrated circuits and systems on chips with intelligence that will drive AI into the next generation of edge-based devices. Therefore, Megachips and Brainchip have a partnership where Megachips utilizes Brainchip's technology through designing the Akida IP into system-on-chip (SoC) products that will be ready-to-use systems or implementing Akida silicon into ready-to-use modules."

Maybe I am just 'asking the right questions'... can you share your 'wrong' question with me? It's cut off in the picture!
Morning Zeeb0t
Yes! the phrasing of the question has significant impact.
I tried a few variaitons again with mixed results.
Here ist he one asked that offered no relationship

What relationship does Megachips have with Brainchip:

Today there is alternate questions offered which I selected and they too came up blank
Here are the variations offered when my first is posed

If not, try asking: "Is there any connection or relation between Megachips and Brainchip?"
If not, try asking: Are Megachips and Brainchip related or connected in any way?
If not, try asking: Is there any connection or relation between Megachips and Brainchip?

all gave the same response which included "However, there is no mention of Megachips or any connection or relation with Brainchip."

When this question is posed;
"Discribe the megachips and brainchip partnership"
A more appropriate response is received
"Megachips is incorporating BrainChip's Akida technology into its ASIC solutions service, enabling the development and support required to design and manufacture integrated circuits and systems on chips with intelligence that will drive AI into the next generation of edge-based devices. This means that Megachips is utilizing BrainChip's technology by designing the Akida IP into system-on-chip (SoC) products that will be ready-to-use systems or implementing Akida silicon into ready-to-use modules.

Thanks again for your work on the TSX

Attachments

• 1679874052589.png
    1679874052589.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 1679874097561.png
    1679874097561.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

DK6161

Regular
Is the 4C due this week?
If so, we are either going to be back in the 60s or get absolutely smashed into the 30s. Fingers crossed or get that buy/sell order ready.
Not advice

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Is the 4C due this week?
If so, we are either going to be back in the 60s or get absolutely smashed into the 30s. Fingers crossed or get that buy/sell order ready.
Not advice
The entity must give ASX the completed Appendix 4C immediately the information is available for release to the market, and in any event within 1 month after the end of each quarter of its financial year.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Shadow59

Regular
Is the 4C due this week?
Not advice
Next month

• Haha

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
The entity must give ASX the completed Appendix 4C immediately the information is available for release to the market, and in any event within 1 month after the end of each quarter of its financial year.

• Haha

jk6199

Regular
Battle of the single digit bots!

Why won't you long term holders sell cheaply to the shorts?

🖕

• Haha
D

Deleted member 118

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Battle of the single digit bots!

Why won't you long term holders sell cheaply to the shorts?

🖕

• Fire
  • Haha
Top Bottom