BRN Discussion Ongoing

Tothemoon24

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 18 users

Steve10

Regular
RBA Futures indicates no more rate hikes & 0.25% rate cut in September. AU 2 year bond yield has also rolled over & is now at 2.982% with RBA rate at 3.6% implying 0.6% rate cuts. Will result in AUD rising so RBA may have to cut in line with US.

1679696605340.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 24 users

TopCat

Regular
Himax would be another very nice addition to our growing ecosystem. They are already part of Edge Impulse’s and ARM’s ecosystem. Just showcased at Embedded World . Seem to fit the brief. Anyone ever looked into them?

Exhibition to Showcase Himax Next Generation WiseEye™ Solution in Laptop, AIoT Endpoint Devices and High Precision 3D Sensing for Spatial Reality

TAINAN, Taiwan, March 13, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Himax Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: HIMX) (“Himax” or “Company”), a leading supplier and fabless manufacturer of display drivers and other semiconductor products, today announced the Company will attend Embedded World 2023 from March 14 - 16, 2023 in NürnbergMesse, Germany to showcase its next generation WiseEye™ Smart Image Sensing in a range of endpoint AI appliances along with high precision 3D sensing for spatial reality applications.

During the event Himax will display its next generation WE2 AI processor, which targets computer vision in battery-powered IoT devices, offering AI capability with a 30x increase in local inferencing performance and 40% power saving in a resource-constrained edge device configuration compared to the first generation WE1 processor. The WE2 is an extreme-low power AI processor with Himax proprietary hardware accelerators and Arm Cortex M55 MCU and Ethos U55 microNPU. The processor also includes a hardware voice-activity detector that can detect user-configured voice events without turning on the MCU and NPU, making it perfect for ultralow power, always-on vision and voice fusion use cases. A compelling facial landmark demonstration, empowered by WE2 processor, will be on display at the exhibition booth illustrated on a laptop providing meticulous facial expression recognition, such as head pose estimation and gaze direction identification, offering an advanced level of human-machine interaction on top of the current presence detection.

The Company will also introduce its latest series of 3D vision AI processors, embedded with Arm Cortex processor and Ethos NPU, offering structured light 3D sensing capability to support various spatial reality applications. With superb 3D perception capability, users can enable 3D eye tracking at up to 180FPS high frame rate, and/or low-latency 3D hand gesture recognition, all of which are crucial features for next generation AR/VR applications in immersive and advanced user experience improvement.

“Himax’s expertise in ultralow power AI, is yet another example of our unwavering commitment to exploring business opportunities with AI ecosystem partners in the enormous and fast-expanding AIoT market,” said Mr. Mark Chen, Vice President of Smart Sensing business at Himax. “We look forward to showcasing our industry leading technology at Embedded 2023 and doing our part to accelerate the deployment of machine AI capabilities by fostering innovation in a broad spectrum of endpoint AI applications.”

Interested parties are invited to stop by the Himax exhibition booth at The Arm Hub, Hall 4, Stand 4 – 504 to experience the Company’s thrilling new technologies in WiseEye and 3D sensing product lines. To schedule a meeting or booth tour, please contact Himax at chelsie_lin@himax.com.tw.

About Himax Technologies, Inc.

Himax Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: HIMX) is a fabless semiconductor solution provider dedicated to display imaging processing technologies. Himax is a worldwide market leader in display driver ICs and timing controllers used in TVs, laptops, monitors, mobile phones, tablets, automotive, digital cameras, car navigation, virtual reality (VR) devices and many other consumer electronics devices. Additionally, Himax designs and provides controllers for touch sensor displays, in-cell Touch and Display Driver Integration (TDDI) single-chip solutions, AMOLED ICs, LED driver ICs, power management ICs and LCoS micro-displays for augmented reality (AR) devices and heads-up displays (HUD) for automotive. The Company also offers CMOS image sensors, wafer level optics for AR devices, 3D sensing and ultralow power WiseEye™ smart image sensing, which are used in a wide variety of applications such as mobile phone, tablet, laptop, TV, PC camera, automobile, security, medical device, home appliance, AIoT, etc. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Tainan, Taiwan, Himax currently employs around 2,200 people from three Taiwan-based offices in Tainan, Hsinchu and Taipei and country offices in China, Korea, Japan, German, and the US. Himax has 2,932 patents granted and 398 patents pending approval worldwide as of December 31, 2022. Himax has retained its position as the leading display imaging processing semiconductor solution provider to consumer electronics brands worldwide.

Reactions: 11 users

Steve10

Regular

Qualcomm's flagship Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chip sees key details leak​

BYOLIVER HASLAM
PUBLISHED 4 HOURS AGO

Qualcomm's next flagship chip is starting to leak in a big way.

Qualcomm's Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 flagship chip was only announced in November 2022 but it looks increasingly likely that we will see its replacement sooner rather than later. The first real Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 leaks are here, and they're super interesting.

The next big thing from Qualcomm is shaping up to be some stiff competition for the likes of Apple's A-series iPhone chips, not to mention Google's Tensor silicon. A leak appears to have outed that the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 will have a whole new configuration while also dropping support for 32-bit entirely.

That information comes via Twitter and leaker Kuba Wojciechowski who shared that the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 will come with a 2+3+2+1 next-gen ARM configuration.

They go on to report that the chip, dubbed SM8650, is currently using one of two codenames inside Qualcomm; Lenai or Pineapple. They say that the launch is expected to take place in late 2023, but we've heard before that it is unlikely Qualcomm will go a full year before replacing the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2.

According to the leaker, the chip will have the following configuration, including new Titanium cores that are thought to be of the ARM A7XX variety.

• 2x Arm codename Hayes (A5xx) "Silver" cores
  • 3x Arm codename Hunter (A7xx) "Gold" cores
  • 2x Arm codename Hunter (A7xx) "Titanium" cores
  • 1x Arm codename Hunter ELP (Xn) "Gold+" core
Wojciechowski did say that they don't have any information about how those new Titanium cores will differ from the current Gold cluster, but they do add that the "separation seems to be pretty clear in the software." With that, they said that they believe that it's possible the Titanium cores are simply configured with more cache or are clocked higher than their Gold counterparts.

The same leaker also notes that the new chip drops 32-bit support entirely, although it's unlikely anyone will notice at this point — Android has been moving away from 32-bit for some time now.

What that all means for users of the phones that will be powered by these chips, we don't yet know. But performance was strong with the chip that this one will replace, so hopes are already high that we could get something pretty great here.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 36 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
US 2 year bond yield which tracks US interest rate has rolled over. The 20ema has crossed below the 100ema with bond yield below 200ema on daily chart.

That signals the end of US Fed rate hikes. US 2 year bond yield now at 3.775% & US interest rate at 5.00% implies 1.25% of rate cuts are on the way.

My CPI calculations the other day indicated rate cuts to commence in July 26-27 at FOMC meeting. Futures indicate first cut in June.

The Fed Funds Futures indicate 1% rate cuts by January 2024.

View attachment 32928

• The markets are anticipating the March interest rate hike being the last.
  • Some asset classes hit hard in 2022, such as bonds, gold/silver futures, Bitcoin, and tech stocks, are rebounding.
  • As the fed eventually moves on to lowering rates, these assets could rally, making an attractive buying opportunity at current prices.
This is the reason BRN SP bounced yesterday along with other beaten down ASX tech/growth stocks.

Rule of thumb for stock valuations is +9% rise for every 1% decline in the interest rate. 1% rate cuts = +9 % valuation. Beaten down high beta stocks will rise more than this as market sentiment improves & 'risk on' increases.

Term deposits will be affected & Judo Bank currently offering 4.6% for 12 months will decline to 3.6% when RBA cuts interest rate by 1% to be same as US interest rate. Will be better to invest in dividend stocks paying 4-5% franked dividends & 'risk on' growth/tech stocks.

The shorters would be aware of this which is why I think SP got bullied down recently. They are running out of steam because it has become oversold on daily & weekly charts. Interest rate cuts will also work against them as DCF valuations will increase.

Big money has commenced rotating into tech/growth stocks. Technology, Consumer Discretionary & Communications sectors tend to perform better during the upcoming period. Bonds also do well due to interest rates declining. We are currently in Stage 1 of the business cycle & about to enter Stage 2 shortly when US Fed pivots along with the RBA. Should be similar to post Covid market bounce without the steroids.

View attachment 32930

May be a bit bumpy next few weeks prior to market rising. Invest smart & take care.

"May be a bit bumpy next few weeks prior to market rising. Invest smart & take care."

Interesting coincidence that our latest funding round with LDA should be being finalised around the same time.
Hopefully stars and duck's are aligning for us 🤣

• Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
US 2 year bond yield which tracks US interest rate has rolled over. The 20ema has crossed below the 100ema with bond yield below 200ema on daily chart.

That signals the end of US Fed rate hikes. US 2 year bond yield now at 3.775% & US interest rate at 5.00% implies 1.25% of rate cuts are on the way.

My CPI calculations the other day indicated rate cuts to commence in July 26-27 at FOMC meeting. Futures indicate first cut in June.

The Fed Funds Futures indicate 1% rate cuts by January 2024.

View attachment 32928

• The markets are anticipating the March interest rate hike being the last.
  • Some asset classes hit hard in 2022, such as bonds, gold/silver futures, Bitcoin, and tech stocks, are rebounding.
  • As the fed eventually moves on to lowering rates, these assets could rally, making an attractive buying opportunity at current prices.
This is the reason BRN SP bounced yesterday along with other beaten down ASX tech/growth stocks.

Rule of thumb for stock valuations is +9% rise for every 1% decline in the interest rate. 1% rate cuts = +9 % valuation. Beaten down high beta stocks will rise more than this as market sentiment improves & 'risk on' increases.

Term deposits will be affected & Judo Bank currently offering 4.6% for 12 months will decline to 3.6% when RBA cuts interest rate by 1% to be same as US interest rate. Will be better to invest in dividend stocks paying 4-5% franked dividends & 'risk on' growth/tech stocks.

The shorters would be aware of this which is why I think SP got bullied down recently. They are running out of steam because it has become oversold on daily & weekly charts. Interest rate cuts will also work against them as DCF valuations will increase.

Big money has commenced rotating into tech/growth stocks. Technology, Consumer Discretionary & Communications sectors tend to perform better during the upcoming period. Bonds also do well due to interest rates declining. We are currently in Stage 1 of the business cycle & about to enter Stage 2 shortly when US Fed pivots along with the RBA. Should be similar to post Covid market bounce without the steroids.

View attachment 32930

May be a bit bumpy next few weeks prior to market rising. Invest smart & take care.
The counter argument.
FDIC.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

Alpstein

Emerged
Why @Boab is your chart a counterargument....?
I thought the chart would support what @Steve10 is proposing.
Maybe i got it wrong??

Reactions: 1 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20

Qualcomm's flagship Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chip sees key details leak​

BYOLIVER HASLAM
PUBLISHED 4 HOURS AGO

Qualcomm's next flagship chip is starting to leak in a big way.

Qualcomm's Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 flagship chip was only announced in November 2022 but it looks increasingly likely that we will see its replacement sooner rather than later. The first real Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 leaks are here, and they're super interesting.

The next big thing from Qualcomm is shaping up to be some stiff competition for the likes of Apple's A-series iPhone chips, not to mention Google's Tensor silicon. A leak appears to have outed that the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 will have a whole new configuration while also dropping support for 32-bit entirely.

That information comes via Twitter and leaker Kuba Wojciechowski who shared that the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 will come with a 2+3+2+1 next-gen ARM configuration.

They go on to report that the chip, dubbed SM8650, is currently using one of two codenames inside Qualcomm; Lenai or Pineapple. They say that the launch is expected to take place in late 2023, but we've heard before that it is unlikely Qualcomm will go a full year before replacing the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2.

According to the leaker, the chip will have the following configuration, including new Titanium cores that are thought to be of the ARM A7XX variety.

• 2x Arm codename Hayes (A5xx) "Silver" cores
  • 3x Arm codename Hunter (A7xx) "Gold" cores
  • 2x Arm codename Hunter (A7xx) "Titanium" cores
  • 1x Arm codename Hunter ELP (Xn) "Gold+" core
Wojciechowski did say that they don't have any information about how those new Titanium cores will differ from the current Gold cluster, but they do add that the "separation seems to be pretty clear in the software." With that, they said that they believe that it's possible the Titanium cores are simply configured with more cache or are clocked higher than their Gold counterparts.

The same leaker also notes that the new chip drops 32-bit support entirely, although it's unlikely anyone will notice at this point — Android has been moving away from 32-bit for some time now.

What that all means for users of the phones that will be powered by these chips, we don't yet know. But performance was strong with the chip that this one will replace, so hopes are already high that we could get something pretty great here.

Surely if Akida is inside, there will be a license agreement. It would really light a torch under the shorters and see a reversal of our share price.

Fingers and toes crossed.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Howdy Brain Fam,

Have you ever imagined a future when you could have a conversation with your toaster in the morning while it cooks your toast? And I don't mean simply standing there in your PJ's muttering at your toaster (i.e.talking to yourself), which is what I do, but having a legit chin-wag about life, death and the universe. Well, this is exactly what AI royalty Geoffrey Hinton believes will happen.

I literally stumbled over this article which was published on 1 December 2022 this morning. So you can only imagine how excited I was to come across these extracts which talk about neuromorphic computing and the prospect of it running your talking toaster for one dollar on a few watts.

Screen Shot 2023-03-25 at 11.05.3.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-25 at 11.08.26 am.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Foxdog

Regular
Surely if Akida is inside, there will be a license agreement. It would really light a torch under the shorters and see a reversal of our share price.

Fingers and toes crossed.
It would be nice to know wouldn't it.....

Reactions: 2 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Good Morning Chippers,

Flipping through the weekend financial review......

Interesting article on Accenture , with whom Brainchip did a podcast with on 11th Jan 2023.

With all the lay-offs, might , with any luck , spur a concerted effort by those still fortunate to have a job to stop talking & start producing $.

Regards,
Esq.

Attachments

• 20230325_110555.jpg
    20230325_110555.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 114
  • 20230325_110546.jpg
    20230325_110546.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 104
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Howdy Brain Fam,

Have you ever imagined a future when you could have a conversation with your toaster in the morning while it cooks your toast? And I don't mean simply standing there in your PJ's muttering at your toaster (i.e.talking to yourself), which is what I do, but having a legit chin-wag about life, death and the universe. Well, this is exactly what AI royalty Geoffrey Hinton believes will happen.

I literally stumbled over this article which was published on 1 December 2022 this morning. So you can only imagine how excited I was to come across these extracts which talk about neuromorphic computing and the prospect of it running your talking toaster for one dollar on a few watts.

View attachment 32945

View attachment 32944
The value of this article is the confirmation that @Diogenese has been telling the absolute truth about analogue compute. It ain’t going to be a competitor at the Edge any day soon:

“That is because of the attachment to consistency, predictability, he said. "If you want your analog hardware to do the same thing each time... You've got a real problem with all these stray electric things and stuff."

So all these startups that we find claiming they will be on the market soon all they have to do is iron out some minor issues with fabrication have a long hard road to travel funded by ever diminishing venture capital till they realise they turned the wrong way down a one way street.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

Bravo

SoundHound video 2 days ago.

Responds faster, without awkward pauses, performing speech recognition on the device without any voice data being sent to the cloud to enhance privacy, multi-modal, learns from each interaction to make personalised suggestions, etc, etc...

Seriously, who else is doing this, if it isn't us?

View attachment 29399

SOUNDHOUND CHAT AI​

Published March 23, 2023 at 9:00 am

• Love
  • Fire

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Why @Boab is your chart a counterargument....?
I thought the chart would support what @Steve10 is proposing.
Maybe i got it wrong??
Perhaps counterargument wasn't the right choice of words.
Yes, if those unrealised losses were to become realised this would more likely favour Steves thoughts.
Janet Yellen needs to come out and say ALL depositors money is guaranteed and this would ease fears and a possible run on the banks.
This leaves bond investors with huge losses as is the case with Credit Suisse.
Interest rates started to increases when the war in Ukraine started. No sign of that ending any time soon and may even escalate.
Prior to that inflation was already starting to rise due to Covid restrictions causing supply shortages.
Inflation is not being caused by a roaring economy it is being caused by a lack of supply.
The US Fed cannot control Government spending and I believe they have no choice but continue to raise rates.
I'll leave it there for fear of upsetting Dreadbot and boring others to tears
Kind regards

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Bravo

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
The value of this article is the confirmation that @Diogenese has been telling the absolute truth about analogue compute. It ain’t going to be a competitor at the Edge any day soon:

“That is because of the attachment to consistency, predictability, he said. "If you want your analog hardware to do the same thing each time... You've got a real problem with all these stray electric things and stuff."

So all these startups that we find claiming they will be on the market soon all they have to do is iron out some minor issues with fabrication have a long hard road to travel funded by ever diminishing venture capital till they realise they turned the wrong way down a one way street.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I will add this a long time ago and occasionally since I have suggested that there is no real value to me or anyone else in artificial human intelligence if it is a perfect facsimile of human intelligence because I make mistakes that is what being human is all about. Animals also make mistakes. Insects make mistakes. Every living creature makes mistakes.

If I have a robot assistant in my house I don't want one that will occasionally spill hot coffee all over me or drop jam jars as it is getting them out of the cupboard. I can do that myself.

I even had this discussion with Peter van der Made. He agrees and that is why he and Anil Mankar are not going to the point of singularity because there is no demand whatsoever for artificial intelligence that makes mistakes. We have people called husbands for that.😎

Mr. Hinton with all due respect is completely wrong about machines that are unreliable having a place in my world.

When I come home in the rain carrying the groceries and ask the intelligent door to open I do not want to find that it has forgotten how to do it or has decided it would be funny to pretend to be asleep.

The only place his idea might work is in a child's toy or perhaps in a Faulty Towers script. John Cleese would have fun with such a robot but that is about it. Who wants a car that drives like Mr. Bean? I want a car that drives like Rowan Atkinson.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Bravo

I will add this a long time ago and occasionally since I have suggested that there is no real value to me or anyone else in artificial human intelligence if it is a perfect facsimile of human intelligence because I make mistakes that is what being human is all about. Animals also make mistakes. Insects make mistakes. Every living creature makes mistakes.

If I have a robot assistant in my house I don't want one that will occasionally spill hot coffee all over me or drop jam jars as it is getting them out of the cupboard. I can do that myself.

I even had this discussion with Peter van der Made. He agrees and that is why he and Anil Mankar are not going to the point of singularity because there is no demand whatsoever for artificial intelligence that makes mistakes. We have people called husbands for that.😎

Mr. Hinton with all due respect is completely wrong about machines that are unreliable having a place in my world.

When I come home in the rain carrying the groceries and ask the intelligent door to open I do not want to find that it has forgotten how to do it or has decided it would be funny to pretend to be asleep.

The only place his idea might work is in a child's toy or perhaps in a Faulty Towers script. John Cleese would have fun with such a robot but that is about it. Who wants a car that drives like Mr. Bean? I want a car that drives like Rowan Atkinson.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

But Mr Bean can brush his teeth and drive his car at the same time.

O6Fqtt.gif

• Haha

Bravo

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
But Mr Bean can brush his teeth and drive his car at the same time.

View attachment 32952
Like my dear Father used to assure us in his latter years before we convinced him his driving days were over……
”I’ve never had an accident in my life……….seen lot’s of them though.” 🤣

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Top Bottom