BRN Discussion Ongoing

ceej

I cannot personally find any evidence that AKIDA technology has been integrated in M85 commercially. They have demonstrated their interoperability at the recent event unless I have misunderstood what I have read.

Having said this the amount of time and energy being expended to promote their interoperability must be a significant indicator that ARM sees a gap in the market it can fill.

ARM is so big and has so many partner products it seems unlikely they would need to put this effort into a commercial dead end.

As someone pointed out earlier the ARM view of what AKIDA technology offers is very much reflected in the fact it promotes using AKIDA if it’s own Ethos solution is not sufficiently powerful for their customers needs.

That is pretty amazing to have ARM say to its customers hey guys if Ethos isn’t good enough we have AKIDA.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Thank you for the considered response Fact Finder. Much appreciated.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I cannot personally find any evidence that AKIDA technology has been integrated in M85 commercially. They have demonstrated their interoperability at the recent event unless I have misunderstood what I have read.

Having said this the amount of time and energy being expended to promote their interoperability must be a significant indicator that ARM sees a gap in the market it can fill.

ARM is so big and has so many partner products it seems unlikely they would need to put this effort into a commercial dead end.

As someone pointed out earlier the ARM view of what AKIDA technology offers is very much reflected in the fact it promotes using AKIDA if it’s own Ethos solution is not sufficiently powerful for their customers needs.

That is pretty amazing to have ARM say to its customers hey guys if Ethos isn’t good enough we have AKIDA.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I think we are being offered as an add-on extra like fox tails on the antenna and fluffy dice on the rear view mirror.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

Steve10

Regular
Excuse my lack of understanding which no doubt is evident with this question. Are we in the M85 or highly compatible with it ? Up until now I was of the view that it was the latter but would obviously prefer the former.

From an article posted earlier by @Slade.

"Arm is also working closely with third-party accelerator IP providers for applications that require more acceleration than the Ethos line can offer, including BrainChip (on Arm’s booth, a demo showed an Arm M85 working with BrainChip Akida IP)".

"Next stop was the Renesas booth, to see the Arm Cortex-M85 up and running in a not-yet-announced product (due to launch in June). This is the first time EE Times has seen AI running on a Cortex-M85 core, which was announced by Arm a year ago".

From Renesas announcement.

"The Arm Cortex-M85 core, based on Armv8.1-M architecture, supports 30% scalar performance uplift and 4x the machine learning capability as compared to the existing M7 core. It features Helium, Arm’s M-Profile vector extension with integer and floating-point support that enables advanced DSP/ML capabilities and helps accelerate compute-intensive applications such as endpoint AI/ML. As a key Arm partner, Renesas is leading the way on next-generation MCU development in the RA family".

Maybe, Arm's Helium tech is doing the acceleration.

However, in another article it mentions:

"BrainChip has validated its Akida AI processor family integration with ARM’s Cortex-M85 processor for edge AI devices".

"The Cortex-M85 delivers the highest levels of performance in the ARM Cortex-M family, with Renesas Electronics as the lead developer, demonstrating AI applications running on the core at Embedded World (EW2023) this week. Renesas has also licensed the Akida core".

So not 100% certain.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users
Instos trying to rid of as many retail as possible
Yes and they will continue to drive down the price while ever they want to accumulate. They set their bots and forget.

The faith that retail put in income displacing this behaviour is not supported by history.

If you believe in the technology and cannot find dramatic or glaring mistakes being made by management accept that retail never get to sit in the front seat with the driver let alone take control of the wheel.

Shorts short companies that are profitable. The further up the pole we go the bigger the short pockets become. Institutions accumulate shares of profitable companies.

Institutional investors control the shorts and the market.

Income is good and will be nice once it starts to roll in which in my opinion it will but we will never be in charge of what happens with the share price.

I hate being the I told you so person but I did and I am telling you again. So just sit down the back of the bus with me and hold onto your shares and cut lunch as tightly as your personal plan allows as there is only one ASX bus and we have no say in how it is being driven.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 74 users
I think GraAI Matter Labs really have something going for them. They also sell IP through ARM and Synopsys. They have a configuration that supports up to 18 million neurons. This is surprising considering a couple of years ago, they only supported around 200.000 neurons. I know the count of neurons is not a way to measure performance, but it is an indication of the size of network they can handle.

It looks like it's going to be a fight between GrAI Matter Labs and Brainchip.

Being a public company probably helps spreading the word:

View attachment 32740
But do they have a professionally ironed table cloth to sit their blue round Built on ARM sign.😂🤣😂🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, think some of the settings may be a bit too hair trigger atm.
Think it was Corsair who was complaining of this issue this morning but I didn't quite comprehend his issue at the time.
I understand that Z wants to automate the moderation process but think it would benefit from a period with some flexibility and recourse to human judgement built into the system whilst we all adapt to it. Also some method for appeal and certainly a clear explanation of the accusation/breach that is being sanctioned. Otherwise its a bit like the AI is on a power trip that will potentially have people leaving in droves, and I'm certain that is not Zeab0ts intent.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the AI moderation system I have implemented on our forum. It's important to note that the AI moderation tool, Dreddb0t, is designed to help ensure a safe and respectful online community for all users. It operates based on reports from other users and is not motivated by a power trip.

When Dreddb0t flags a post, it sends a message explaining the issue it found, such as a violation of our community guidelines or off-topic content. Additionally, if you feel that the system made an error, I am available to review any flagged posts and respond to user concerns.

I understand that some users may prefer a human review process or an appeal system, and I appreciate your feedback. However, I would like to emphasize that Dreddb0t's actions are based on clear community guidelines, which are impartial and consistently enforced. If a post violates these guidelines, it will be flagged regardless of who posted it or why.

However, I reiterate, that it requires another user to report the post first.

Moving forward, I encourage all users to make an effort to keep their posts on topic and respectful. This will help to reduce the number of flags and allow for a smoother and more productive forum experience. Thank you again for your input, and please do not hesitate to reach out to me with any further concerns or questions.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 54 users
Yes, think some of the settings may be a bit too hair trigger atm.
Think it was Corsair who was complaining of this issue this morning but I didn't quite comprehend his issue at the time.
I understand that Z wants to automate the moderation process but think it would benefit from a period with some flexibility and recourse to human judgement built into the system whilst we all adapt to it. Also some method for appeal and certainly a clear explanation of the accusation/breach that is being sanctioned. Otherwise its a bit like the AI is on a power trip that will potentially have people leaving in droves, and I'm certain that is not Zeab0ts intent.
Zero tolerance cleaned up New York.

I have been moderated by the Bot which was actually quite pleasant.

Over on HC being moderated was constantly based on corrupt engagements between that platform and the short and trader manipulators.

Here now it is completely unbiased whether it makes a mistake or not it is not targeting anyone in particular.

The alternative is to go back to the way it was with trolls and manipulators creating multiple accounts simply to disrupt.

If you are into robot loving you can create a thread for that content or just shrug and move on knowing that it is in no way targeted or biased against you personally.

What we post here is not going to be passed on to our children or dug up by archeologists. It is like a series of bubbles from a bubble pipe it floats around the room then disappears.

@zeeb0t will refine his bot over time but at every stage I take comfort in knowing it is not in the employ of WANCAs or shorts.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 40 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Yes and they will continue to drive down the price while ever they want to accumulate. They set their bots and forget.

The faith that retail put in income displacing this behaviour is not supported by history.

If you believe in the technology and cannot find dramatic or glaring mistakes being made by management accept that retail never get to sit in the front seat with the driver let alone take control of the wheel.

Shorts short companies that are profitable. The further up the pole we go the bigger the short pockets become. Institutions accumulate shares of profitable companies.

Institutional investors control the shorts and the market.

Income is good and will be nice once it starts to roll in which in my opinion it will but we will never be in charge of what happens with the share price.

I hate being the I told you so person but I did and I am telling you again. So just sit down the back of the bus with me and hold onto your shares and cut lunch as tightly as your personal plan allows as there is only one ASX bus and we have no say in how it is being driven.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

i reckon this will change your mind about shorts:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...8E8277EA92B3A0777E918E8277EA92B3A07&FORM=VIRE

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the AI moderation system I have implemented on our forum. It's important to note that the AI moderation tool, Dreddb0t, is designed to help ensure a safe and respectful online community for all users. It operates based on reports from other users and is not motivated by a power trip.

When Dreddb0t flags a post, it sends a message explaining the issue it found, such as a violation of our community guidelines or off-topic content. Additionally, if you feel that the system made an error, I am available to review any flagged posts and respond to user concerns.

I understand that some users may prefer a human review process or an appeal system, and I appreciate your feedback. However, I would like to emphasize that Dreddb0t's actions are based on clear community guidelines, which are impartial and consistently enforced. If a post violates these guidelines, it will be flagged regardless of who posted it or why.

However, I reiterate, that it requires another user to report the post first.

Moving forward, I encourage all users to make an effort to keep their posts on topic and respectful. This will help to reduce the number of flags and allow for a smoother and more productive forum experience. Thank you again for your input, and please do not hesitate to reach out to me with any further concerns or questions.
Thank you for the explanation.
I can understand why someone may have reported the offending posts as off-topic but hope this rule will not be applied in a completely dehumanised fashion or merely to satisfy the whim of someone without a sense of humour.
Part of the attraction of this forum (for some of us) is a little light hearted banter. 🤣

• Love
Reactions: 23 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
This is probably a completely paranoid thought bubble.

Consider this if you can no longer disrupt this site because of the Bot what do you do.

Attack the Bot and fain outrage that your funny picture was removed.

No opinion just a thought.
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Most likely leave the site as some have apparently begun to do.
Although disruption may not have been their intent.
But, things change and perhaps a spring clean is in the making.
It is Zeab0t's creation after all and he steer's this ship. :)

Reactions: 4 users

manny100

Regular
Zero tolerance cleaned up New York.

I have been moderated by the Bot which was actually quite pleasant.

Over on HC being moderated was constantly based on corrupt engagements between that platform and the short and trader manipulators.

Here now it is completely unbiased whether it makes a mistake or not it is not targeting anyone in particular.

The alternative is to go back to the way it was with trolls and manipulators creating multiple accounts simply to disrupt.

If you are into robot loving you can create a thread for that content or just shrug and move on knowing that it is in no way targeted or biased against you personally.

What we post here is not going to be passed on to our children or dug up by archeologists. It is like a series of bubbles from a bubble pipe it floats around the room then disappears.

@zeeb0t will refine his bot over time but at every stage I take comfort in knowing it is not in the employ of WANCAs or shorts.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I hate to say this but sometimes i wonder whether on the other forum downrampers are forum staff on the more popular threads keeping discussions going by sucking in genuine posters. Paid Advertisers like large numbers of clicks.
I am not making accusations i am just wondering.

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
I hate to say this but sometimes i wonder whether on the other forum downrampers are forum staff on the more popular threads keeping discussions going by sucking in genuine posters. Paid Advertisers like large numbers of clicks.
I am not making accusations i am just wondering.
I am sure they are which is why I was constantly amazed at how intelligent people were continually sucked into long drawn out interactions with them providing oxygen and relevance to their dribble. Unfortunately "disappearing" them with the ignore function tended to make many threads unintelligible.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess

Research Associate (Computing / Electrical and Electronic Engineering)​

Apply

locationsNTU Main Campus, Singapore

time typeFull time

posted onPosted 30+ Days Ago

job requisition idR00009791
A Research Associate position is available in the Centre for Integrated Circuits and Systems, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.

Job Description:
The Research Associate (RA) will work on a project to conduct the research on development of Spiking Neural Networks by using digital circuit methods. The roles of this position include:
  • Review and benchmarking on neuromorphic platforms
  • Setup of neuromorphic platform using a GPU
  • Simulations on Network-on-Chip Routers for Spiking Neural Network computations

Job Requirements:
  • Master in Computing or Electrical and Electronic Engineering or related field
  • 1-year research experience in related area, including Neural Networks or Deep Learning
  • Knowledge in software development and hardware accelerator setup (e.g. GPU)
  • Knowledge in big data database libraries
  • Proficiency in basics of programming languages such as C, C++ and Python
  • Proficiency in English

We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.

Hiring Institution: NTU

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

equanimous

Working Student: Implementation of Radar-Based use cases with Spiking Neural Networks (f/m/div)*- job post​

Infineon Technologies

590 Bewertungen
München

Teilzeit

Erstellen Sie ein Indeed-Konto, bevor Sie zur Website des Unternehmens weitergeleitet werden.

Weiter zur Bewerbung

Stellenbeschreibung​

Anstellungsart
Teilzeit

Vollständige Stellenbeschreibung​

Are you passionate about machine learning and also nurture an interest in programming? Would you like to join the international environment of a future-oriented company and dive deeper into the topic of SNNs and demonstrators? Then this is the perfect opportunity for you! In this student job you are able to support our team and partners with AI related programming. Interested now? We are looking forward to your application!
In your new role you will:
  • Comparison and evaluation of a Spiking Neural Network framework (against another more mature, like Nengo)
  • Support in the implementation of the data processing pipeline for different use cases
  • Support in the implementation of classifiers exploiting Spiking Neural Networks
  • Support in the deployment on ad-hoc hardware
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
  • Are currently studying Automation Technology, (Business-) Informatics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or something similar
  • Have excellent knowledge of Python
  • Are skilled in using Tensorflow and/or Pytorch (at least one)
  • Have debugging skills
  • Are a self-organized and structured personality
  • Speak English fluently
Please attach the following documents to your application:
  • CV in English
  • Certificate of enrollment at university
  • Latest grades transcript
  • High school report
Important information:
  • Working part-time : The focus is on studies. Therefore, working student is possible during the lecture period with a maximum of 20 hours per week.
  • Proper students (according to the German law) are welcome : You must be enrolled and the examination results or modules of your studies must not have been completed yet, so that you can still work in our team for at least 6 months. You must also not be in a semester of leave.
  • You should live close to the site : It is important for us to work with you on site and to integrate you into the team. You should therefore be able to come to the site regularly.
In our headquarters in Neubiberg near Munich, more than 6000 employees are working in research & development, several central functions, IT and many more.

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users

equanimous

Master Thesis - Efficient Training of Spiking Neural Networks on the Graphcore IPU​

Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany

Back Email

Updated:about 8 hours ago

Your Job:
We investigate the use of Graphcore`s Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU) [1, 2] for spiking neural network (SNN) training, as the traditional training on graphics processing units (GPUs) is inefficient and doesn`t fully utilize the benefits of SNNs. Your task will be the implementation of local synaptic plasticity rules (such as e-prop [4] or other gradient based techniques [3, 5, 6, 7]) for SNNs on the IPU. With its architecture consisting of 1472 tiles, each with its own processor and local memory, the IPU provides massive parallelism and fine-grained control. To program the IPU, a Python interface is available for higher-level functions and frameworks, while a C++-based SDK can be used for customized deployment. The IPU offers an exciting opportunity to explore the potential of SNNs for more efficient and brain-inspired computing.
Your tasks will include:
  • Investigating training algorithms for SNNs/RNNs beyond BPTT [4, 5, 6, 7]
  • Implementing aforementioned local synaptic plasticity rules and other extensions on the IPU using C++ with GraphCore`s poplar SDK
  • Creating the machine learning model using Python, based on Tensorflow + Keras
  • Profiling code using Graphcore`s tools
  • Conducting performance benchmarking to compare the IPU implementation with those on the GPU
  • Writing test cases and conducting other software stack maintenance
Your Profile:
  • Current master studies in physics, computer science, mathematics, electrical/electronic engineering or a related science or engineering field
  • Strong background in mathematics, e.g., linear algebra, differential/integral calculus
  • Prior programming experience in Python and C++, CUDA experience is a plus
  • Hands-on experience in working with machine learning frameworks (PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc.) and/or neural simulators (NEST, Brian, etc.) is a plus
  • Experience with spiking neural networks and/or neuromorphic computing is a plus
Please feel free to apply for the position even if you do not have all the required skills and knowledge. We may be able to teach you missing skills during your induction.
Our Offer:
We work on the very latest issues that impact our society and are offering you the chance to actively help in shaping the change! We support you in your work with:
  • A world-leading, international research environment with state-of-the-art equipment
  • An interesting and socially relevant topic for your thesis with future-oriented themes
  • Ideal conditions for gaining practical experience alongside your studies
  • An interdisciplinary collaboration on projects in an international, committed and collegial team
  • Excellent technical equipment and the newest technology
  • Qualified support through your scientific colleagues
  • The chance to independently prepare and work on your tasks
  • Flexible working hours as well as a reasonable remuneration

Place of employment: Aachen
We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, e.g. in terms of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation / identity, and social, ethnic and religious origin. A diverse and inclusive working environment with equal opportunities in which everyone can realize their potential is important to us.
References:
[1] The Graphcore IPU https://www.graphcore.ai/products/ipu
[2] Zhe Jia, Blake Tillman, Marco Maggioni, and Daniele Paolo Scarpazza. Dissecting the Graphcore IPU Architecture via Microbenchmarking. arXiv:1912.03413, 2019.
[3] Emre O. Neftci, Hesham Mostafa, and Friedemann Zenke. Surrogate gradient learning in spiking neural networks: bringing the power of gradient-based optimization to spiking neural networks. IEEE Signal Process. Mag. 36, 51–63, 2019.
[4] Guillaume Bellec, Franz Scherr, Anand Subramoney, Elias Hajek, Darjan Salaj, Robert Legenstein, and Wolfgang Maass. A solution to the learning dilemma for recurrent networks of spiking neurons. Nature communications, 11(1), 1-15, 2020.
[5] Jacques Kaiser, Hesham Mostafa, and Emre Neftci. Synaptic Plasticity Dynamics for Deep Continuous Local Learning (DECOLLE). Frontiers Neuroscience 14, 424, 2020.
[6] David Silver, Anirudh Goyal, Ivo Danihelka, Matteo Hessel, and Hado van Hasselt. Learning by Directional Gradient Descent. International Conference on Learning Representations, 2021.
[7] Mengye Ren, Simon Kornblith, Renjie Liao, and Geoffrey Hinton. Scaling Forward Gradient With Local Losses. International Conference on Learning Representations, 2023.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

equanimous

Scholarships supercharge UWA research projects​

Two PhD students from The University of Western Australia with stellar aspirations have been awarded Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships to complete research projects.
“I have always wanted to bring the future of computing forward to help solve our grandest challenges.”
Westpac Scholar Nicholas Pritchard
The prestigious scholarships provide up to $120,000 of financial assistance and leadership development for students at Australia’s leading universities.
Nicholas Pritchard, 25, of South Perth, who is studying at the International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research, will use the funds to support his research applying artificial intelligence to radio frequency interference detection.

I will investigate the flexible learning capabilities of spiking neural networks (computing systems that work much like neurons in the human brain) and their energy-efficient hardware platforms to overcome radio frequency interference detection, an increasing challenge facing the Square Kilometre Array and radio astronomy generally,” Mr Pritchard said.
“I have always wanted to bring the future of computing forward to help solve our grandest challenges, a journey that starts one problem at a time.”
Elliott Fourie, 21, of Kalamunda, is from UWA’s School of Molecular Sciences and is dedicated to creating gene circuits in plants to improve crop yields and environmental resilience.
He is also working with the ARC Centre of Excellence in Plants for Space to develop edible plants for space travel.
Mr Fourie said the Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship was “life-changing”.
“It offers incredible opportunities and opens countless doors, whether that be the direct connections to like-minded experts or the ability to travel and network with industry leaders at conferences,” he said.

/University Release. This material from the originating organization/author(s) may be of a point-in-time nature, edited for clarity, style and length. The views and opinions expressed are those of the author(s).View in full here.
Why?
Tags:artificial intelligence, Australia, intelligence, international, leadership, neural networks, Perth, resilience, scholarship, South Perth, Space travel, university, University of Western Australia, UWA, Western Australia, Westpac

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

equanimous

Scholarships supercharge UWA research projects​

Two PhD students from The University of Western Australia with stellar aspirations have been awarded Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships to complete research projects.

The prestigious scholarships provide up to $120,000 of financial assistance and leadership development for students at Australia’s leading universities.
Nicholas Pritchard, 25, of South Perth, who is studying at the International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research, will use the funds to support his research applying artificial intelligence to radio frequency interference detection.

I will investigate the flexible learning capabilities of spiking neural networks (computing systems that work much like neurons in the human brain) and their energy-efficient hardware platforms to overcome radio frequency interference detection, an increasing challenge facing the Square Kilometre Array and radio astronomy generally,” Mr Pritchard said.
“I have always wanted to bring the future of computing forward to help solve our grandest challenges, a journey that starts one problem at a time.”
Elliott Fourie, 21, of Kalamunda, is from UWA’s School of Molecular Sciences and is dedicated to creating gene circuits in plants to improve crop yields and environmental resilience.
He is also working with the ARC Centre of Excellence in Plants for Space to develop edible plants for space travel.
Mr Fourie said the Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship was “life-changing”.
“It offers incredible opportunities and opens countless doors, whether that be the direct connections to like-minded experts or the ability to travel and network with industry leaders at conferences,” he said.

/University Release. This material from the originating organization/author(s) may be of a point-in-time nature, edited for clarity, style and length. The views and opinions expressed are those of the author(s).View in full here.
Why?
Tags:artificial intelligence, Australia, intelligence, international, leadership, neural networks, Perth, resilience, scholarship, South Perth, Space travel, university, University of Western Australia, UWA, Western Australia, Westpac
Brainchip will be essential for Westpac and every other banks for cybersecurity, efficiency and management

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Violin1

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Top Bottom