BRN Discussion Ongoing

What’s the “killer product/application“?

I was hoping it was going to be the Nanose covid detector and still could be as I doubt that ship has sailed completely, but it is offf the front pages for the moment.

It needs to address some common need or concern and be implemented in something we are already used to interacting with like our phones.

Maybe some kind of a love meter that can match people according to some analog of their personality and chemistry and initiate a connection?
The two Akida ai’s which already have intimate knowledge of the personas they represent assess/filter each other’s potential partners and establish engagement leading to potential contact between the parties?

I dunno.

Who’s got an idea for a killer product/application for Akida that could gain us a profile and potential user base similar to that achieved recently by Chat GPT?
Oh no Hopalong, if the ultimate match-making love meter is created using Akida, then there would be no need for shows like MAFS. We need the drama from these shows in our lives, haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

jk6199

Regular
ASX watching BRN for any announcements that may be fluff?

Meanwhile, price severely manipulated?

I hope the ASX hop on their bike and don't check the seat is missing!

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Oh no Hopalong, if the ultimate match-making love meter is created using Akida, then there would be no need for shows like MAFS. We need the drama from these shows in our lives, haha.
Funnily enough MAFS was the inspiration for the example/concept I posited. 🤣
Frankly I've never watched the show (really and truely) and the snippets I was exposed to were something akin to having bamboo splinters shoved up under my fingernails, but, just about all the younger folk at my work were obsessed with it, and they all use dating apps to "hook up" (God help them) and find willing participants for their sundry debaucheries and life partnering attempts.
It is aimed at a constant and deep seated need in the world which is extant in every culture, socioeconomic group and gender and can be relevant across all age groups (who can still get it up 🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Wouldn't mind Akida being deployed into this market :)

03/14/2023

How Retailers Can Use AI to Increase Sales​

Tech can measure customer attention
By Scott Schlesinger and Scott Siegel

Picking Out Item In Supermarket Main Image

By analyzing customer attention patterns in real time, retailers can quickly adjust their strategies and tactics to better meet customer needs and expectations.

Today’s retail shopping experience has differed drastically in recent years. In addition to visual clutter from store displays, excessive signage, crowded product shelves, loud music, bright lights and competing smells can be a distraction for many consumers. Further, smartphones enabling consumers to check their emails, browse social media or text while shopping vie for shoppers’ limited attention. All of these distractions and more lead to a decrease in customer encounters with products, which can negatively affect a retailer’s bottom line.

Using AI to Capture Customer Attention​

How can today’s retailers mitigate these challenges? Most people are now familiar with artificial intelligence (AI), which promises to solve any problem, but which AI can help increase sales? There are two main types of AI individuals may be familiar with for measuring attention: Eye-tracking AI and biologically inspired AI are both types of artificial intelligence, but they differ in their approach to measuring and interpreting data.

[Read more: "Google Uses AI to Tackle Grocers' Top Concerns"]

Eye-tracking AI involves using computer vision and machine-learning algorithms to track the movements of a person’s eyes as they look at different objects or areas of a screen or environment. In contrast, biologically inspired AI, also known as neuromorphic computing, is a type of artificial intelligence modeled after the structure and function of the human brain. Attention-measuring biologically inspired AI provides retailers with a powerful and superior tool to better understand and engage with their customers.

By analyzing consumer attention patterns, retailers, both online and in brick-and-mortar stores, can identify which products and services are most popular, which marketing campaigns are most effective, and which areas of their stores are getting the most foot traffic. This information, in conjunction with a full analytics platform, can be used to optimize store layouts, product placement, supply chains and marketing campaigns to better connect with customers and increase sales and revenue.

Uses of Attention-Measuring AI​

Many global companies are using both “traditional AI” and biologically inspired AI to maximize insights into consumer behavior optimizing product placement, supply chain efficiency, marketing and new product development. CPG companies PepsiCo, Unilever, Nestle, GSK, and Johnson & Johnson, as well as fashion retailers Nordstrom, H&M and Zara, are among those that recognize the importance of AI to maintain a competitive edge.

Attention-measuring AI can also be used to improve the efficiency and accuracy of inventory management. By analyzing customer attention and product engagement patterns, retailers can identify which products are selling quickly and which aren’t, and adjust their inventory accordingly. This can help retailers avoid overstocking slow-moving products or understocking popular products, leading to improved profitability and customer satisfaction.

Attention-measuring AI can help retailers to optimize their websites to enhance the online shopping experience. Retailers can identify which products are most popular and tailor website content to maximize the likelihood of consumers seeing those products. This can lead to increased website traffic, improved engagement and increased sales. Additionally, the technology can help retailers identify and correct any user experience issues that may be causing customer frustration or online shopping cart abandonment, resulting in a smoother, more productive online shopping experience.

Finally, attention-measuring AI can be used to provide real-time insights and feedback to retailers. By analyzing customer attention patterns in real time, retailers can quickly adjust their strategies and tactics to better meet customer needs and expectations. By leveraging the power of attention-measuring AI, retailers can gain a competitive edge and stay ahead of the curve in an increasingly data-driven marketplace.
Rob Telson spoke about this market and basically said that the issue for Brainchip was that power is not an issue yet to retailers. They are all connected to the grid and at this point despite some claiming green credentials are not chasing ways to reduce electricity consumption particularly not in relation to computers so adoption of AKIDA technology is some way off.

Incumbency is going to be an issue where the big players like Woolworths and Coles are concerned and I suspect it will require legislation requiring all to make energy savings that will open these currently locked doors.

As for watching what grabs the attention of male shoppers and tailoring there product offerings towards this could easily lead to some unexpected outcomes.🤣😂

That aside handheld security devices that can detect stolen product under a customers jacket would be a market that a company like Lassen Peak powered by AKIDA might open up in the retail industry. Even a handheld product that a shelf stacker could carry up and down isles that detects wrongly located items moved from their correct position by customers would also possibly be a potential market.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users
Rob Telson spoke about this market and basically said that the issue for Brainchip was that power is not an issue yet to retailers. They are all connected to the grid and at this point despite some claiming green credentials are not chasing ways to reduce electricity consumption particularly not in relation to computers so adoption of AKIDA technology is some way off.

Incumbency is going to be an issue where the big players like Woolworths and Coles are concerned and I suspect it will require legislation requiring all to make energy savings that will open these currently locked doors.

As for watching what grabs the attention of male shoppers and tailoring there product offerings towards this could easily lead to some unexpected outcomes.🤣😂

That aside handheld security devices that can detect stolen product under a customers jacket would be a market that a company like Lassen Peak powered by AKIDA might open up in the retail industry. Even a handheld product that a shelf stacker could carry up and down isles that detects wrongly located items moved from their correct position by customers would also possibly be a potential market.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Thanks.

Explains a bit from Robs and BRNs perspective for the moment. Maybe in time then.

For me it could (and should) be pitched more around privacy and security maybe?

Data gathering and analytics done on device in store only and converted to merely raw statistical data for use / transmission?

Minimal external data connections?

Wasn't there some issue not long ago with Bunnings or Kmart or someone using facial recognition and storing images etc but the info about it and its use was some token fine print somewhere when a consumer entered a store?

Reactions: 7 users

TopCat

Regular
Hi @Steve10 , have you come across this before in your TI travels?

TDK has teamed up with Texas Instruments on a compact, battery-powered wireless multi-sensor module that uses edge AI to detect anomalies in machinery and equipment.​

The TDK i3 Micro Module integrates the TI SimpleLink CC2652R7 wireless chip, an ARM Cortex-M4F multiprotocol 2.4-GHz wireless 32-bit microcontroller (MCU) for real-time monitoring. The module also integrates TDK’s IIM-42352 MEMS accelerometer and digital output temperature sensor, edge AI, and mesh network functionality into a single unit, facilitating data aggregation, integration, and processing.

The i3 Micro Module allows users to achieve sensing at most any desired position without physical constraints such as wiring by using a wireless mesh to connect up the modules in the network. This helps identify anomalies in machinery and equipment, enabling Condition-based Monitoring (CbM).

The accelerometer features digital-output X-, Y-, and Z-axis accelerometer with programmable full-scale range of ±2g, ±4g, ±8g, and ±16g, user-programmable interrupts, I3C℠ / I²C / SPI slave host interface, digital-output temperature sensor, an external clock input that supports highly accurate clock input from 31 kHz to 50 kHz, and 20,000g shock tolerance.

Monitoring through real-time visualized empirical equipment data instead of relying on manpower and scheduled maintenance contributes to a a predictive maintenance system to minimize production downtime.

“As more electronics and automation are being implemented in factories and buildings, companies are seeking more efficient ways to anticipate and manage equipment needs, avoiding expensive downtime,” said Nick Smith, product marketing manager at Texas Instruments.

“This collaboration between TI and TDK will bring more technology into factories and increase their efficiency through simpler and more powerful sensing and real-time communication. TI’s connectivity technology is backed by over 20 years of experience to help drive innovations such as these modules.”

“TDK’s i3 Micro Module facilitates numerous benefits to the manufacturing floor to enable digital transformation and an enhanced smart factory environment,” stated Christian Hoffman, General Manager, Corporate Marketing Group at TDK. “The module simplifies the deployment and sensor data gathering process giving users the bandwidth to focus on effective condition based monitoring and predictive maintenance initiatives.”

The i3 Micro Module is expected to be available through most global distribution partners by the fourth quarter of 2023.

• Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

charmander

Regular
And they mentioned for “commercial and government markets”

That doesn’t sound like just for NASA

“Intellisense Systems Inc. has selected its neuromorphic technology to improve the cognitive communication capabilities on size, weight and power (SWaP) constrained platforms (such as spacecraft and robotics) for commercial and government markets.”
The word "selected" really does it for me here - sounds very exclusive doesn't it?!

It may sound very obvious, I know, but this just further validates the superiority of the Brainchip technology

imo

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
Let the good times Roll

Mar 21, 2023 - 09:43 am

Mercedes gets ready for new EV platforms​

BADEN-WUERTTEMBERGBEVEQGERMANYHUNGARYJÖRG BURZERKECSKEMÉTMERCEDES BENZMMARASTATT

Mercedes is investing heavily to make its production network fit for the new platforms introduced from 2024. According to a German media report, the manufacturer will start converting its plant in Rastatt this summer. It is where Mercedes will build its first model based on the Mercedes-Benz Modular Architecture (MMA).

Mercedes is doing more than just upgrading the plant in Rastatt: Plants in Kecskemét, Hungary, and Beijing will also be converted. In June, Mercedes announced it would invest more than €2 billion in its European production sites. Jörg Burzer, Head of Production at Mercedes-Benz, now told Automobilwoche that the carmaker was investing “a three-digit million amount per plant.”

Instead of seven compact models, there will only be four in the future. The first of these is likely to be the successor to the CLA. A model from the C-Class segment based on the all-electric MB.EA architecture is also planned for Kecskemét. “Two sporty AMG.EA models will be added to the lineup later, both of which will be produced exclusively in Sindelfingen,” says Burzer, adding that it was too early to talk about anything that would come after that.

In light of possible subsidies in the US, Mercedes also considers expanding its plant in Tuscaloosa. “We’re obviously looking at what happens with the Inflation Reduction Act,” so Burzer. “The framework conditions worldwide are always changing, and we have to react to that if necessary.”

Mercedes announced in July 2021 that it would only introduce new electric platforms from 2025 – combustion models and hybrids will continue to be built on the current platforms. But, there will only be new purely electric developments.

The MB.EA covers all medium-sized and large passenger cars above the MMA and “will be the electric basis of the future BEV portfolio as a scalable modular system.” For the performance models, the AMG.EA will “address the needs of Mercedes-AMG’s technology-savvy and performance-oriented customers.” Electric vans and light commercial vehicles will be based on the VAN.EA. All other new platforms are subsequently also to be purely electric.

The MMA was once announced as the last mixed platform that would be developed focusing on electric vehicles but could also accommodate internal combustion engines.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I'm running a business in this exact space, and I can tell you, there are a lot more use-cases that can be performed in these stores to create value than being discussed in this forum (like brainchip, I can't talk about the details but I can say at this stage we are not working with brainchip).

While power advantages may not be the issue right now for retailers, the true challenge lies in the accurate detection of events, products, staff, customers and more.

Brainchip will add a lot of value when it comes to reducing/optimising the computational loads on the expensive computers that run this technology as well as improve the accuracy of detection and speed of training.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

skutza

Regular
Don't mean to say I told you so, but the ASX and its manipulation continues. I did warn that shorters would attack WBT..... was nearly $9. Looks like BRN is holding here at low volume, the writing may be on the wall. Once they are forced to cover, we, we'll be celebrating 🍾 in the streets.

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
For all the WBT holders, ......................... we"re feelin your pain atm,
Someone said recently the "short interest" has grown recently, ................. seems that way.
Sorry for the off topic post @dredbot, ............... but i know there is quite a few holders here at BRN

AKIDA BALLISTA
They officially joined the ASX300 on Monday. Welcome😩

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users

Steve10

Regular
Hi Steve, are you thinking that we are in the M85 already? Be great if we are, and it was a bit of a coincidence that Brainchip and Renesas announced the M85 at a similar time?
Yes, otherwise BRN would not have announced anything about M85 integration. Renesas looked wrapped with the end product. Looks like big party for the launch in June. Will be great if they have customers with products at the launch. Maybe Toshiba AI AC systems or LG AI washers?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

Just my opinion on the rising competition in the mobile phone market .​

I’m not suggesting we ( BRN) have anything to do with the attachment below .
It’s just an example of new players in the Space who will claim a % of market share for those who simply want a half decent phone without having to spend 2K .

In relation to Apple & Samsung it’s my view that they are both under mounting pressure to better their products substantially.

I have a iPhone 13 which is an excellent phone , will Apple have me updating my phone in the next 3 years ? No chance “unless “ there’s greater improvement.

Example : Hey Brainchip Boy ; your EQXX has only 35 Km left of charge .

Hey Apple ; that’s a coincidence the BRN share price is $35

FREEYOND OFFICIALLY ENTERS MALAYSIA WITH TWO SMARTPHONES AND WEARABLES​

written by Warren March 21, 2023 1.9K views

FreeYond, a young Shenzhen based startup tech company, has officially entered the Malaysia today as its first global market outside its homeland, starting off with two entry-level smartphones and wearables, the company aims to make an impression with these value for money products.

Retailing at RM699, the FreeYond M5 sports a 6.52-inch HD+ IPS display that refreshes at 90Hz, while powered by a decent Unisoc T606 chipset paired with 8GB RAM and 128GB of storage, it happens to be one of the few phones within the same class to feature a triple camera system that comprises a 50MP wide, 8MP ultrawide and 2MP macro camera, while selfies are taken care by a front facing 8MP camera, a 5000mAh battery powers the phone with support for 18W fast charging.

For budget phone hunters, the FreeYond F9 is an Android 12 Go device that comes in two storage configurations of 2GB RAM+64GB storage and 3GB RAM+128GB storage, it is powered by a more entry Unisoc SC9863A chipset but features the same screen size as the M5, though it only refreshes at the standard 60Hz.
Unlike other similar priced phones, the FreeYond F9 comes with a dual camera setup that comprises a 13MP main and 2MP macro camera, selfies are managed by a 8MP front camera, a 5000mAh battery powers the phone but supports a slower 10W power output.
The FreeYond F9 starts at RM399 for the base storage model, the 3GB RAM+128GB storage model will cost RM499.

In terms of wearables, the company brought in the FreeYond Pods 1, which is a pair of RM99 wireless earbuds that sports features such as Bluetooth 5.3 connectivity, 12mm drivers, environmental noise cancelling and up to 30 hours of total listening time.
The FreeYond S1 smartwatch is also introduced alongside which features a 1.36″ HD AMOLED display with fitness tracking features, no pricing and availability has been announced.
FreeYond products can now be purchased at its official Shopee store here.

Read more: https://klgadgetguy.com/freeyond-of...-two-smartphones-and-wearables/#ixzz7weWQQMMK

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
We only have 7 trading days to go to the end of this quarterly reporting period.
Yes but still a while until the quarterly is released.

We need some deals!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
For all the WBT holders, ......................... we"re feelin your pain atm,
Someone said recently the "short interest" has grown recently, ................. seems that way.
Sorry for the off topic post @dredbot, ............... but i know there is quite a few holders here at BRN

AKIDA BALLISTA
I’d say poor bastards but, you know.
They have had a good run and this is life on the ASX. I am not familiar enough with their product or company to comment specifically but hope for their sakes they have a management, crew and strategy like ours which will see us fly when the tide turns. We are already seeing much more engagement and professed confidence from Brainchip which will translate into revenue streams over time.
Just got to hang on till it eventuates. 😃

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
Top Bottom