BRN Discussion Ongoing

BaconLover

Founding Member
The Capital Call Notice pricing period will begin upon exercise of the put option on or around 11 January, with an anticipated ending date in late March or early April, subject to adjustments based on the share price performance throughout the pricing period.

Hopefully this should be done in a couple of weeks time. May be 3 weeks if the anticipated ending date extends to early April.

As to the share price discussions, I reckon I would discuss it here, after all it is Brainchip's share price we are discussing.
If we can discuss BRN's future possible market cap, based on PE figures, and other factors, I don't see why we cannot discuss current share price. Totally fair in my view, and I am hoping Dreddb0t agrees. Brainchip's share price is not off topic in BRN discussion thread. Especially when we discuss the ''hopeful'' share price in 2030 and beyond with huge numbers, it is always an eye opener and humbling to see what the SP actually is.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

Slade

Top 20
The Brainchip LDA Capital notification:

Sydney – 10 January 2023 – BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN), a leading provider of ultra-low power, high-performance AI processor technology today announced that

the company has submitted a capital call notice to LDA Capital Limited and LDA Capital LLC (LDA) to subscribe for up to 30,000,000 shares with an option for LDA to subscribe up to an additional 10,000,000 shares subject to company approval.

The terms of the Put Option Agreement between the Company and LDA were announced to ASX on 13 August 2020 and 26 October 2020 (First Amendment) and again on 13 October 2021 (Second Amendment).

The Capital Call Notice pricing period will begin upon exercise of the put option on or around 11 January, with an anticipated ending date in late March or early April, subject to adjustments based on the share price performance throughout the pricing period.

The issue price for the capital call shares will be 91.5% of the higher of the average daily VWAP of shares over the pricing period (subject to any applicable adjustments) and the minimum price notified to LDA Capital by the Company.

As of the date of the capital call notice, available funding under the agreement amounts to $27.9M while the company is committed to drawing down a minimum of $15 M no later than 31 December 2023.“The proceeds raised from the capital call will be used to accelerate our innovation of the groundbreaking Akida technology as we extend our industry leadership in Edge AI. In 2023 the company will tape out another chip and release significant enhancements to our IP offering”, said BrainChip CEO Sean Hehir. Mr. Hehir went on to say “Additionally, we will further expand our go-to-market capabilities by hiring sales personnel in key international markets, as well as increase our domestic sales and marketing headcount.”

So LDA Capital on about 11.1.23 commenced selling in an effort to dispose of 30 million shares at or above the minimum price notified by Brainchip.

If they sold a miserable one million shares every trading day it would take 30 days according to the mathematical genius Blind Freddie.

Today we are around 49 trading days from 11.1.23 yet we have two to three weeks of dumping still to go???

To have two to three weeks LDA Capital would need to have been selling a tiny half a million shares each trading day as this would take 60 days according to Blind Freddie.

I doubt that if every one of the last 49 days someone selling 500,000 shares to crush the price would do so particularly sprinkled over the whole trading day.

Of course sprinkled they would be as the interests of LDA Capital align with Brainchip. LDA Capital get 8.5% of the sale price and can only sell if the sale price available is above the minimum set by Brainchip.

Driving down the price below the set price would mean that LDA Capital would loose money.

This coalition of the interests of LDA Capital, Brainchip and shareholders is what distinguishes this method from every other generally employed method available for raising capital.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Thank you FF. I believe that there may be some people who have a misunderstanding about Brainchip's and LDA's agreement. If they still have have concerns I recommend that they contact Tony.

Reactions: 7 users

Slade

Top 20
I am fine with whatever everyone else agrees on. I thought having the other thread worked well and helped keep this thread focused on facts and research. Personally I don't like reading about other people's fears about the share price, unless they can support why they are worried with some decent research.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

Steve10

Regular
Round 1 between Hailo & BRN has been won by BRN. Renesas who is partnered with both chose BRN IP for their new RA series MCU based on ARM Cortex-M85.

Round 1 between SynSense & BRN appears to be going in favour of BRN. Prophesee is partnered with both & appears will choose the BRN IP. BRN is a superior product more suited to Prophesee's metavision sensor & SynSense released Speck using IniVation's (Prophesee competitor) sensor instead of Prophesee's sensor.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 49 users

“Mercedes-Benz and partners at SXSW: outlook on innovative technologies and autonomous driving​

Mar 21, 2023
Austin/Texas

Press Contact (2)

Markus Schäfer, Mercedes-Benz’s CTO, visited the 2023 South By Southwest® (SXSW®) Conference to discuss the future and current state of automated driving with its technology partners Austin Russell, CEO & founder of Luminar and RJ, CEO of ZYNC. Attendees learned how automotive technology is enriching customers' lives and providing more time to do the things they love, like connecting with friends and family, listening to music, or watching movies.
Participants discovered innovative technologies seamlessly integrated with timeless automotive design, including chip-to-cloud architecture that enables the safety, security, scalability, and connectivity needed for future automated driving and infotainment features.
Markus Schäfer explained how Mercedes-Benz gives back valuable time to customers who are using the conditionally automated driving system DRIVE PILOT[1] that has been launched in Germany in May 2022 and will hit U.S. roads in Nevada and California later this year.
[1] Conditionally automated driving under certain conditions, esp. in heavy traffic or congestion situations on suitable motorway sections up to a speed of 60 km/h. Availability and use of DRIVE PILOT features on motorways depends on options, countries and applicable laws.”

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users
Round 1 between Hailo & BRN has been won by BRN. Renesas who is partnered with both chose BRN IP for their new RA series MCU based on ARM Cortex-M85.

Round 1 between SynSense & BRN appears to be going in favour of BRN. Prophesee is partnered with both & appears will choose the BRN IP. BRN is a superior product more suited to Prophesee's metavision sensor & SynSense released Speck using IniVation's (Prophesee competitor) sensor instead of Prophesee's sensor.
Absolutely correct.

Just think about what certain posters would now be saying if the SynSense shoe was on the Brainchip foot.

What if Brainchip, like SynSense had hooked up with Prophesee first.

Then six months later Prophesee’s CEO came out and said until we hooked up with SynSense we were only half the solution and could not realise our technology’s potential.

These posters would be running around like Chicken Little claiming the sky was falling.

Instead Prophesee by logical extension pours cold water all over SynSense and lauds Brainchip AKIDA as it’s perfect match, the Ying to its Yang, the Juliet to its Romeo, its winged keel to its 12 metre Americas Cup Challenger and they ignore the significance.

Can this truly be a genuine reaction or one motivated by other interests.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users
There's also Hailo & GrAI Matter Labs. They sell chips so will be more difficult to scale as you have mentioned.

Akida appears to be unique with learning capabilities & IP business model can be scaled rapidly.

Akida could become the dominant processor similar to ARM due to lack of competitors & superior product.

Intel could advance their Loihi chips & IBM could advance their True North chips in a few years providing more competition along with a few new start ups should their technology prove to be as good or superior to Akida. However, Akida should have a commanding market share by the time the others catch up with their tech.

In the next few years we could probably allow 50% market share for BRN due to limited competition. Will also depend on whether or not the majority of AI applications require Akida's learning feature. There may be many basic AI applications that don't require the learning feature or vice versa.

I am being conservative with 10-20% long term market share & will not be surprised if it's much higher.
I think GraAI Matter Labs really have something going for them. They also sell IP through ARM and Synopsys. They have a configuration that supports up to 18 million neurons. This is surprising considering a couple of years ago, they only supported around 200.000 neurons. I know the count of neurons is not a way to measure performance, but it is an indication of the size of network they can handle.

It looks like it's going to be a fight between GrAI Matter Labs and Brainchip.

Being a public company probably helps spreading the word:

1679402240872.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
Just received BrainChip March newsletter & this has peaked my interest.

On the Road Again​

mail
The BrainChip team traveled to Nuremberg, Germany for EmbeddedWorld 2023, where we showcased our 2nd generation Akida™ platform. Akida processors power next-generation edge AI in a range of industrial, home, automotive, and scientific environments. BrainChip was a member at the TinyML.org pavilion along with our partner, Edge Impulse, demonstrating Akida in action. Coverage from the event will be picking up in the coming days and weeks regarding Akida’s fully digital, customizable, event-based neural processor and IP, which is ideal for advanced AI/ML devices such as intelligent sensors, medical devices, high-end video-object detection, and ADAS/autonomous systems. This trip kickstarted a pretty active spring of events.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 50 users

DK6161

Regular

On the Road Again​

mail
The BrainChip team traveled to Nuremberg, Germany for EmbeddedWorld 2023, where we showcased our 2nd generation Akida™ platform. Akida processors power next-generation edge AI in a range of industrial, home, automotive, and scientific environments. BrainChip was a member at the TinyML.org pavilion along with our partner, Edge Impulse, demonstrating Akida in action. Coverage from the event will be picking up in the coming days and weeks regarding Akida’s fully digital, customizable, event-based neural processor and IP, which is ideal for advanced AI/ML devices such as intelligent sensors, medical devices, high-end video-object detection, and ADAS/autonomous systems. This trip kickstarted a pretty active spring of events.
My interest peaked based on what being sampled in this photo. No offence to Akida but my tastebud can go further and identify which one is the best 🤣.
Note however that unlike Akida, I consume a lot of energy to be this good 🤣

Reactions: 4 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I think GraAI Matter Labs really have something going for them. They also sell IP through ARM and Synopsys. They have a configuration that supports up to 18 million neurons. This is surprising considering a couple of years ago, they only supported around 200.000 neurons. I know the count of neurons is not a way to measure performance, but it is an indication of the size of network they can handle.

It looks like it's going to be a fight between GrAI Matter Labs and Brainchip.

Being a public company probably helps spreading the word:

View attachment 32740
Yes. I have long thought that Grai Matter and Hailo would be likely competitors.

from a 2020 article:

Spiking Neural Networks: Research Projects Or Commercial Products?
Opinions differ widely, but in this space that isn’t unusual.
MAY 18TH, 2020 - BY: BRYON MOYER

All of these coding approaches aside, GrAI Matter uses a more direct approach. “We encode values directly as numbers – 8- or 16-bit integers in GrAI One or Bfloat16 in our upcoming chip. This is a key departure from other neuromorphic architectures, which have to use rate or population or time or ensemble codes. We can use those, too, but they are not efficient,” said Tapson (GraiMatter CSO).

GraiMatter use a time-multiplexed SNN arrangement, where a shared processor plays an integral part in the processing of each event.

GraiMatter:-
WO2020025680A1 DATA PROCESSING MODULE, DATA PROCESSING SYSTEM AND DATA PROCESSING METHOD

1679404910776.png

A neuromorphic processing module (1) for time-multiplexed execution of a spiking neural network is provided that comprises a plurality of neural units. Each neural unit is capable of assuming a neural state, and has a respective addressable memory entry in a neuron state memory unit (11) for storing state information specifying its neural state. The state information for each neural unit is computed and updated in a time-multiplexed manner by a processing facility (10, neural controller) in the processing module, depending on event messages destined for said neural unit. When the processing facility computes computing that an updated neural unit assumes a firing state, it resets the updated neural unit to an initial state, accesses a respective entry for the updated neural unit in an output synapse slice memory unit, and retrieves from said respective entry an indication for a respective range of synapse indices, wherein the processing facility for each synapse index in the respective range accesses a respective entry in a synapse memory unit, retrieves from the synapse memory unit synapse property data and transmits a firing event message to each neural unit associated with said synapse property data.

One approach is to mimic such a complex system with a time-multiplexed design wherein a plurality of neural units share a processing facility. Since digital hardware can run orders of magnitudes faster than the speed at which biological neurons work the shared processing facility can realistically emulate neuron behavior, while this approach saves space to implement a higher density of virtual neurons and their synapses.

1. A neuromorphic processing module (1) for time-multiplexed execution of a spiking neural network comprising a plurality of neural units, each neural unit being capable of assuming a neural state selected from a plurality of states comprising an initial state, one or more transitional states and a firing state, each neural unit having a respective addressable memory entry in a neuron state memory unit (11) for storing state information specifying its neural state, the state information for each neural unit being computed and updated in a time- multiplexed manner by a processing facility (10) incorporated in said processing module, depending on event messages destined for said neural unit, wherein

the processing facility

upon computing that an updated neural unit assumes the firing state,

resets the updated neural unit to the initial state,

accesses a respective entry for the updated neural unit in a output synapse slice memory unit,

and retrieves from said respective entry an indication for a respective range of output synapse indices

wherein the processing facility for each output synapse index in the respective range:

accesses a respective entry in an output synapse memory unit (13),

retrieves output synapse property data from said respective entry,

the output synapse property data specifying a transmission delay and a respective input synapse index corresponding to a respective entry in an input synapse memory unit (14), the respective entry in the input synapse memory unit comprising a reference to an associated neural unit; and

transmits a firing event message to the associated neural unit with the specified delay

• Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Diogenese

Top 20

On the Road Again​

mail
There's that "Built on ARM Official Partners" gizmo again ... and astronaut Spike.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

KMuzza

Mad Scientist
There's that "Built on ARM Official Partners" gizmo again ... and astronaut Spike.
YES - A BRAINCHIP PCLE - Check out the library - it is all there.

wait until the Akida 1500 has been released and watch the customers sign up.

AKIDA BALLISTA UBQTS

Reactions: 14 users

KMuzza

Mad Scientist
OH yes and - and it's built on ARM - Official Partner.-(y)

AKIDA BALLISTA UBQTS

Reactions: 6 users

mrgds

Regular
Ive always seen the astronaut as "Ken "
Thought Akida was "Spike " ............................:unsure:
And, i see they have learnt their lesson with the tablecloth ............................😂

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Violin1

Regular
I will visit the shop next week! I will be for a Business trip there! Unfortunately, the cherry blossoms season was very early this year! 🙋🏻‍♂️
There is still snow on the beach in Aomori so sakura not blooming yet. Even next week may be too early.

Reactions: 3 users

Fox151

Regular

On the Road Again​

mail
I think I know why the share price is falling - someone left the table cloth behind! Someone should contact BRN and ask where the ASX announcement about the missing table cloth is.

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Makeme 2020

Regular

Product
Solutions
619cfa198370e2b151f119a6_Polygon%201.svg

Developers

Pricing
Company

Blog
LoginGet started

Edge ML Series San Jose​

62d7d07b355696906b4a4ca3_Vector%20(1).svg

DATE & TIME (PT)​

March 27, 2023 9:00 AM
62d7d1c289a8a21475f932d0_Vector%20(2).svg

LOCATION​

San Jose

Register now
See event
618e2bf4bc5fe676e4adce9a_Group%20(2).svg

The Edge ML Series is coming to San Jose on March 27th! Mark your calendars and request your invite now.
This exclusive, in-person, one-day event will explore the benefits of edge machine learning, ways to differentiate your products with embedded intelligence, and how to deliver value in less time while lowering operational cost using AI tools like Edge Impulse. Featuring:
• Keynotes from industry leaders
• Hands-on workshops
• Customer stories
• Insights on deploying ML solutions at scale
• Demos
• Networking opportunities

Agenda (PT)

8:30–9:00 Registration and coffee
9:00–10:40 Keynotes

• Welcome and housekeeping (10 min)
  • “Demystifying Edge ML” — Edge Impulse keynote (30 min)
    The fast-evolving ecosystem of edge ML includes silicon, sensors, connectivity, and more. We'll guide you through the world of edge ML and uncover its potential for your business.
  • "Advancing Intelligence at the Edge with Texas Instruments" — Texas Instruments keynote (30 min)
  • “Edge AI: Ready When You Are!” — BrainChip keynote (30 min)
    AI promises to provide new capabilities, efficiencies, and economic growth, all with the potential for improving the human condition. There are numerous challenges to delivering on this, in particular the need for performant, secure edge AI. We'll describe the readiness of the industry to deliver edge AI, and the path to the imminent transition.
10:40–11:00 Coffee break (demo area)
11:00–12:00 Seminars

• Edge Impulse — use case focus (20 min)
  • “Why AI acceleration matters for Edge Devices” — Alif (20 min)
    Three key parameters to consider when selecting a hardware platform for AI-enable edge-ML are
    performance, power consumption, and price. This talk will help you maximize your projects chance of success by showing you how to maximize the performance parameter, while keeping the others in-check.
  • “The advantages of Nordic’s ultra-low-power wireless solutions and machine learning” — Nordic Semiconductors (20 min)
    Nordic Semiconductor creates low-power wireless devices that utilize popular protocols including Bluetooth Low Energy, Wi-Fi 6, and cellular IoT. Although optimizing the radio transmitter can just save power to a point, implementing ML on the processor to detect and send only relevant data can significantly further reduce power requirements on SoCs and SiPs. Discover how Nordic's wireless technology can leverage ML to achieve ultra-low power — without needing a dedicated machine learning core.
12:00–13:00 Lunch (demo area)
  • Demos from TI, BrainChip, Alif, Nordic, Sony, MemryX, and NovTech
13:00–15:30 Workshops
  • "Hands-On With the TDA4VM" — Texas Instruments workshop
    (75 min)
  • Break (15 min)
  • “Enabling the Age of Intelligent Machines” — Alif workshop
    (60 min)
    Alif Semiconductor and Edge Impulse will demonstrate how anyone can create, train, tune, and deploy advanced machine learning models on the next generation Ensemble family of AI accelerated microcontrollers.
15:30–16:00 Wrap and close

‍​

More events​

APR​

25​

-​

APR 25, 2023​

Edge ML Series Chicago​

Chicago
Invite-only, in-person-only, one-day event series to explore how to harness real-world data to deploy advanced edge machine learning (ML) solutions at scale.

MAR​

22​

-​

MAR 22, 2023​

Unlock the Power of AI with Edge Impulse Studio and Renesas’ RZ/V2L​

Virtual
Join Renesas and Edge Impulse to learn about cutting-edge innovation with Edge Impulse Studio and Renesas' RZ/V2L, and much more!

MAY​

17​

-​

MAY 17, 2023​

Edge ML Series London​

London
Invite-only, in-person-only, one-day event series to explore how to harness real-world data to deploy advanced edge machine learning (ML) solutions at scale.

Stay informed of our future events​

Are you interested in connecting with the ML community? 
Subscribe to our newsletter to get updates on future events.

Subscribe
618e2b930ea82103ffc4eda1_Group%20(1).svg

618e33d89badebdfe7c5897a_Logo%20(2).svg

Edge Impulse
HomeProductCase studiesBlogCareersAbout

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Foxdog

Regular
Absolutely correct.

Just think about what certain posters would now be saying if the SynSense shoe was on the Brainchip foot.

What if Brainchip, like SynSense had hooked up with Prophesee first.

Then six months later Prophesee’s CEO came out and said until we hooked up with SynSense we were only half the solution and could not realise our technology’s potential.

These posters would be running around like Chicken Little claiming the sky was falling.

Instead Prophesee by logical extension pours cold water all over SynSense and lauds Brainchip AKIDA as it’s perfect match, the Ying to its Yang, the Juliet to its Romeo, its winged keel to its 12 metre Americas Cup Challenger and they ignore the significance.

Can this truly be a genuine reaction or one motivated by other interests.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
They'd be freaking out FF. But we do need to see this validation of AKIDA by our partners converted into revenue streams. Doesn't even need to be that much to start with - just sufficient to cover annual operating expenses. It would certainly take the pressure off and de-risk the company in the eyes of the general investment community. We might then be on the way to the magic figure of $2.75 🤞😉

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

cosors

👀
A compromise proposal by the EU Commission regarding e-fuels states that the vehicle must recognize whether e-fuels are being refueled or conventional fuels. I know of a sensor ~system that can taste and smell. A new field for Akida when it comes? Brand new, submitted today.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

cosors

👀
And an old beautiful realization that should be unknown to many here. Unfortunately it is impossible for me to make my own better photo of this magazine. Only speed records from 1898 with the beginning and EVs. How the story went you know.
IMG20220519202811.jpg

Elektrowagen means EV
It began with EVs ;)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Top Bottom