Deleted member 118

plus i probably missed it as it was somewhere in the middle of all that writing

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users

mrgds

Regular
plus i probably missed it as it was somewhere in the middle of all that writing

:rolleyes: ..................................... im just thinking/hoping @Frangipani is one of our BOD/CT/F/M O"s giving us shareholders of around 5yrs the heads up
on the value of patience. :cool: LOL

Hope this helps/works, ............. just make the effort to click on the big red circle in the middle, ....................:p

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Steve10

Regular
At 3min 54secs in video the Texas Instruments rep mentions that they have added a TI developed AI engine inside their new vision processors. Based on ARM tech with low power, low cost, low latency & edge mentioned.

It's their new AM62A (2 TOPS), AM68A (8 TOPS) & AM69A (32 TOPS) vison processors with AI.

Underneath the AM series chip demos are their partners projects using the tech.

Can identify iGlobal Solutions, Avnet, ieasy, Variscite, Toradex, Open Standard Module, Forlinx, Critical Link, Octavo Systems, Congatec, Phytec, SolidRun, imagimob.

At 9min 36 secs he shows the retail application with object classification for fast checkout.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users
D

Deleted member 118

:rolleyes: ..................................... im just thinking/hoping @Frangipani is one of our BOD/CT/F/M O"s giving us shareholders of around 5yrs the heads up
on the value of patience. :cool: LOL

Hope this helps/works, ............. just make the effort to click on the big red circle in the middle, ....................:p

I did press the big red button, that was the problem.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11 users

TECH

Regular
Good morning/afternoon/evening, wherever you are viewing this platform.

Is this current window of opportunity rapidly coming to an end, well, I believe so, 45c is a complete fabrication of the truth, things are about
to explode on a worldwide scale (my educated opinion).

Tech Ecosystem

This is the biggest change of direction that our company embarked on within months of Sean taking over the reigns, he
is passionate, competitive, well researched, is etching out a direct path to success for the benefit of all.

Many would have seen a number of years ago the slide of a potential roadmap unveiling the future direction of AKIDA,
that is, AKD 1 through to AKD 10, being (AGI).

Last week I spoke with Peter briefly to ask him to please explain or more to the point, clarify what he actually meant when
referring to AGI, as many would already know, the Singularity suggests a future world where humans lose their sense of
reality and technology gets out of control, Peter was very clear in expressing his views on this matter, with the emphasis on
Beneficial AI .

"We don't expect to achieve AGI by 2030"

There may be more than 7 chips taped out, there maybe IP's developed for specific customers, I really get the sense that we are
being extremely flexible and accommodating, yes we are a young start-up, and it's natural to want to please all potential clients,
so this business attitude will be respected to the point that we are going to end up in a much stronger, commanding position
in the overall market.

After receiving Peter's reply I had to readdress my own understanding, without realizing it as such, I was still locked into Lou's
earlier roadmap, which has changed for the better in my personal opinion.

Another area where my own understanding was wrong, was in the fact that, despite us changing direction rather sharply 3 months prior
to the last AGM, we are still potentially going to be supplying NSoC for specific customers for specific end user cases (products).

Finally, may I say that @Steve10 you have become a very strong contributor on this forum, you present excellent material and are
nicely balanced in your views, your figures give many food for thought, so from me personally, I say thank you. (y)

From a rather hot day in Perth, I say cheers everyone. Tech :cool:

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 79 users
Amazing how only 3 years ago you could not find anything about brainchip on the web.

Now we are everywhere.

Our time has come BRN team!
Yes there is some serious media momentum building now from many channels and partner companies. Very exciting to see.

It is hard not to start get further excited around the many potential revenue streams and also what could be in the next quarterly.

We know we were told to watch the revenue late last year ... it didn't really come through like we expected - is the larger revenue flow just late and still expected .....this quarterly?

If I were the CEO/CIO and heading into the next AGM in two months I know what I would be doing - the order of the day now is securing dollars, deals or clearing NDA covenants/clauses in order to show something decent in the next quarterly report or an ASX market release or two to show commitment of larger partners and larger dollars to flow so that the company can start to be effectively valued on forward earnings.

I am honestly expecting to see something from Sean and team to allow the company's real value to start to be reflected in the SP otherwise I think they know the AGM is not going to be a fun exercise.

There is also a heck of a lot of ICT Professional Services (Staff Labour) being expended here for many many partners and technology companies for many years in some instances - are BRN going to keep offering their ICT Professional Services for free to help develop these third party products - I would expect to see a few million dollars or more collected here and there as a straight up labour cost recovery and also when certain product development milestones are achieved.

Basic revenue sources I see are:
  1. IP Licences
  2. Hardware/Chips (not a lot here really)
  3. IP Royalties
  4. Engaged ICT Professional Services (Labour)
  5. Development and Delivery Milestones for Partner (combo of IP and Labour)
What is going to drop out this quarter? Only 4 to 5 weeks to go before we know.

On another specific note: We know the new MBOS with "Akida inside" is set to be in the 2024 Mercedes Benz range - these 2024 cars are usually released to the market for starting purchase consumption in the year before in lead up - which should be around Sept/Oct 2023 typically. You would have to think that MB are starting to actually produce the components now in order to have complete cars driving out the door in October this year for purchase(6.5 months time). We know car companies have parts physically built at various factories all around the world then shipped to one end factory for the end car build. Is there any MB revenue starting up in this space this quarter?

Development milestones payments could be forthcoming from Mercedes to their partners with flow of royalties starting due to these physical products being built .....the flow of dollars has to be close from Mercedes specifically.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

Steve10

Regular
At 3min 54secs in video the Texas Instruments rep mentions that they have added a TI developed AI engine inside their new vision processors. Based on ARM tech with low power, low cost, low latency & edge mentioned.

It's their new AM62A (2 TOPS), AM68A (8 TOPS) & AM69A (32 TOPS) vison processors with AI.

Underneath the AM series chip demos are their partners projects using the tech.

Can identify iGlobal Solutions, Avnet, ieasy, Variscite, Toradex, Open Standard Module, Forlinx, Critical Link, Octavo Systems, Congatec, Phytec, SolidRun, imagimob.

At 9min 36 secs he shows the retail application with object classification for fast checkout.

Have a look at pricing for TI's AM series vision processors with AI.

Top of range AM69a with pricing in USD.

XAM69A98ATNGHAALY​

ACTIVE

32 TOPS vision SoC for 1-12 cameras, Autonomous Mobile Robots, Machine Vision, Mobile DVR, AI-BOX​

Pricing​

QtyPrice (USD)
1 — 99$174.000
100 — 249$157.500
250 — 999$153.000
1,000 +$150.000

Mid range AM68A are USD $29.90 to $49.63

Low range AM62A are USD $18.74 to $29.09

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 28 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
A Spanish guy unboxing Akida on Youtube.

He is an Edge Impulse platform user.

He's got 32,000 subscribers to his YouTube channel, great exposure (y)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users

White Horse

Regular
I posted this research paper some time ago but the KEY PARTNERSHIP with PROPHESEE makes it more relevant:

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hi FF.
On reading this the second time around, I have an idea that they may be referring to Akida Ver 2.0. Note the use of 8 bit.

A. TARGET HARDWARE
StereoSpike has resolutely been developed in the philosophy
of spiking neural networks. As a result, it is essentially
implementable on dedicated neuromorphic hardware, such as
Intel Loihi [7], IBM TrueNorth [8]. These chips can leverage
the binarity and sparsity of spike tensors navigating through
the network. In addition, we believe that our model being
feedforward and requiring a reset on all of its neurons at each
timestep is not a problem, because resetting membrane poten-
tials is actually less costly than applying a leak. Therefore,
statelessness can be seen as an advantage over recurrence in
spiking models with similar performances. However, we are
aware that current neuromorphic chips are initially designed
for the implementation of stateful units, and acknowledge that
we do not leverage this feature. Consequently, we believe
that it rather fits to dedicated hardware for stateless models
with sparse quantized activations. We therefore consider that
Brainchip’s Akida chip [9] is a good fit. As it imposes
weights to take at most 8 bit, we quantized StereoSpike’s
weights using PyTorch natively available post-training static
quantization. The process resulted in an even lighter model
with 8 bit wide unsigned integer weights, for the price
of a minor performance drop (i.e., MDE of 17.1 cm
on indoorflying split 1). Presumably, quantization-aware
training would do even better. This demonstrates the efficient
deployability on such hardware. Finally, we would like
to emphasize that our class of model with sparse binary
activations and less constrained weights provides a good
compromise between Spiking Neural Networks (SNNs) and
Binary Neural Networks (BNNs).

• Fire
Reactions: 29 users

Violin1

Regular

Is this current window of opportunity rapidly coming to an end, well, I believe so, 45c is a complete fabrication of the truth, things are about

Tech Ecosystem

This is the biggest change of direction that our company embarked on within months of Sean taking over the reigns, he
is passionate, competitive, well researched, is etching out a direct path to success for the benefit of all.

Many would have seen a number of years ago the slide of a potential roadmap unveiling the future direction of AKIDA,

Last week I spoke with Peter briefly to ask him to please explain or more to the point, clarify what he actually meant when
referring to AGI, as many would already know, the Singularity suggests a future world where humans loose their sense of
reality and technology gets out of control, Peter was very clear in expressing his views on this matter, with the emphasis on
Beneficial AI .

There may be more than 7 chips taped out, there maybe IP's developed for specific customers, I really get the sense that we are
being extremely flexible and accommodating, yes we are a young start-up, and it's natural to want to please all potential clients,
so this business attitude will be respected to the point that we are going to end up in a much stronger, commanding position
in the overall market.

After receiving Peter's reply I had to readdress my own understanding, without realizing it as such, I was still locked into Lou's

Another area where my own understanding was wrong, was in the fact that, despite us changing direction rather sharply 3 months prior
to the last AGM, we are still potentially going to be supplying NSoC for specific customers for specific end user cases (products).

Finally, may I say that @Steve10 you have become a very strong contributor on this forum, you present excellent material and are
nicely balanced in your views, your figures give many food for thought, so from me personally, I say thank you. (y)

Nice post @TECH - the potential for chip provision is really interesting as I thought that was completely out the window. Btw - I love how you've named the central ecosystem after yourself......lol

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Anyone up for knitting an AKIDA powered jumper for me for Christmas.

The following paper is another of those industries that do not yet exist AKIDA powered textiles:

“V. NEUROMORPHIC COMPUTING PROPERTIES
Neuromorphic computing concept originated in the 1980’s. Taking inspiration from computer science, mathematics to bio-inspired models of neural network. This emerging inter- disciplinary research field has the potential to disrupt tradi- tional computing methods and architectural implementations leading to a more centralized and combined memory and computational driven approach, moving away from the von Neumann architectural approach with separate memory and computing capabilities and high compute power needs. Such inspiration coming from the working of the human brain paves the way for new and more fault tolerant layered and parallel architectural designs and layouts.
FIGURE 7. Timeline of technological advancements in Neuromorphic Computing
In order to understand what aspects of neuromorphic computing can inspire innovative advancements in the next generation of smart etextiles and on-garment edge based intelligence, we will first highlight the core key architectural elements of importance within neuromorphic computing and assess their potential within an etextiles domain. Neuromor- phic computing core architecture is based on the concept of communicating through event driven spikes generated through simple processing structures represented by synapses and neurons. Ongoing research is pushing the production possibilities using complementary metal oxide semiconduc- tor (CMOS) technology to develop neuromorphic spiking neural network hardware implementations [45][46][47]. Key properties such as size, weight, low power consumption, and modular design (scalability) are dominating the research areas of focus linked to such technologies. Over the years advancements in CMOS technology has driven smaller and more power efficient systems with the capability to mass produce. Such technology combined with advanced machine learning techniques has directly lead to the simulation and implementation of silicon based neurons, otherwise defined as neuromorphic computing.
[Fig 7] highlights advancements, with Brainchip (https://brainchip.com/) announcement in 2022 claiming to be the worlds first commercial producer of a Neuromorphic AI processor ‘Akida’ that has the capability to mimic the working of the human brain and process data with high precision and energy efficiency. Akida being an event-based AI neural processor featuring 1.2 million neurons and 10 billion synapse.”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: Navy blue, crew neck, Cable knitt to go with jeans. Thanks.

Sure @FactFinder! I don't know how to knit but I'm always up for a bit of a challenge! What size are you? I mean what are your dimensions? I'll have to get started soon if I want to get this to you by Christmas.

Screen Shot 2023-03-20 at 4.31.5.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
Hi FF.
On reading this the second time around, I have an idea that they may be referring to Akida Ver 2.0. Note the use of 8 bit.

A. TARGET HARDWARE
Absolutely.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
  • Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Murphy

Life is not a dress rehearsal!
Sure @FactFinder! I don't know how to knit but I'm always up for a bit of a challenge! What size are you? I mean what are your dimensions? I'll have to get started soon if I want to get this to you by Christmas.

View attachment 32657

It's not that easy to pull the wool over FF's eyes, Miss Kitty!! :) reminds me of the 1970's graffiti where someone wrote on the walls of the university toilets "My mother made me a homosexual" and someone added underneath "If I send her the wool, will she make me one?" :)

If you don't have dreams, you can't have dreams come true!

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
D

Deleted member 118

View attachment 32657
I can only image what it would come out like

C81308CA-6319-4175-BD5A-B73886C7096C.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19 users
D

Deleted member 118

Better get back to posting something normal, so here is a nice write up for brainchip

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Steve10

Regular

Tech Ecosystem

referring to AGI, as many would already know, the Singularity suggests a future world where humans loose their sense of
Beneficial AI .

in the overall market.

Thanks mate.

I have a good understanding of what is going on behind the scenes at BRN.

Without going into too much detail, I have been involved in sales & marketing successfully launching new tech/industrial products in Australia for US & European listed companies in the past. I was an Applications/Sales Engineer & then Regional Sales Manager reporting to CEO. Had long sales cycle similar to BRN & a multi-million dollar sales budget. Most of the things Rob, Jerome etc are doing at BRN I was doing as well.

The processes & methods the key hires at BRN learnt working for big name companies in the past are being replicated at BRN. Most importantly their ecosystem of contacts in the semiconductor industry is highly valuable for BRN.

We are at the pointy end now with revenue definitely commencing in H2 FY23.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 116 users
Hi FF.

A. TARGET HARDWARE
Hi @White Horse
I agree with you and why I revisited this paper.

We, well mainly @TechGirl and me, talk about Science Fiction.

True Science Fiction always takes time to be adopted but once adopted because it is such a leap forward it becomes part of the furniture.

Take Penicillin a drug credited with turning the practice of medicine on its head and changing the course of human history by saving countless lives.

In a couple of months I will turn 70. Unlike my wife I have few true memories of my very early childhood.

Going back 67 years one I have, which as an adult I confirmed with my father, was when I was 3 years old being taken by him to see our GP Dr. Drummond Snr. because I had an ear infection.

I remember I was scared of Dr. Drummond Snr.

To my pleasant surprise he was not there it was his son young Dr. Drummond.

I remember he worked in research at a University normally but was filling in for his father.

I remember my father was seated and I was standing between his legs as Dr. Drummond looked in my ears.

He then told my father he was going to take a swab and grow a culture. I had never heard of such a thing as a culture.

He set up the glass dishes and took his swabs and told us that we were to come back the next day.

The next day we came back and I was fascinated as one dish had this purple blob thing in the middle and the other one virtually nothing to be seen.

Dr. Drummond told us that he had grown the two cultures and treated one with Penicillin and the Penicillin had killed the culture.

The purple one though which he did not treat was still growing.

Dr. Drummond explained to my father that he wanted to give me this Penicillin.

Next thing I knew I was being given a Penicillin injection in my backside.

The rest so to speak is history.

The point is that the idea that a Doctor today would feel compelled to go to these lengths to have a patient agree to a course of Penicillin is fanciful.

Yet like Penicillin so much of what we take for granted today and treat as part of the furniture was once akin to Science Fiction and met with scepticism but there always came a tipping point when disbelief turned to wonder then acceptance.

I personally believe that AKIDA is midway between wonder and widespread acceptance.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 48 users
Top Bottom