BRN Discussion Ongoing

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Will today have any impact on our ASX200 standing ??
We are staying in the ASX200 .... confirmed last week :)

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users
Rapid reply from Tony Dawe!
Thanks Tony 👍

AKD1000 is our first generation technology.

This also includes Akida 1500 which is based on the same technology.

Our second generation technology is called Akida 2.0 .

Regards

Tony

So this is in fact, what some (me 🙄) thought would be called AKIDA2000!

AKIDA2000 (when it arrives) would actually be a part of the AKIDA 1.0 family.

WELCOME AKIDA 2.0!!
So kinda like how the saga of star wars has been numbered?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
D

Deleted member 2799

What seems like a lifetime ago but it was only last year I reminded everyone that Brainchip in 2019 around May announced that they had released AKIDA1000 IP to select customers. Then in early 2020 they announced that the AKIDA1000 IP was generally available. But it was not until October, 2020 that the actual engineering samples of the AKIDA1000 was released to Early Access Customers.

I suggested that based upon this experience the Fact that Peter van der Made had completed the AKD2000 IP in late 2021 and was shortly going to hand it off to engineering that they may well also have released this IP to select customers and as it was predicted by Peter van der Made to possibly solve the plastic bag blowing across the road problem that Mercedes Benz might well be one of those select customers not to mention Valeo.

So if as some have suggested that a customer or customers will be part of the upcoming press release then for this to occur my idea that there was an early release of the IP would need to have been correct.

The fact that today's announcement makes a strong point about customer feedback being the driver and the recent reveal that Megachips worked on the backend design for AKIDA1500 suggests very strongly that this has been the case.

If I am correct then any such early customer engagement with the IP will have significant importance to the semiconductor industry at large.

Assuming of course that any such comments are positive.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I can remember when we voted on how the packaging should look like back then 😂 If I compare that with our current status, those are completely different dimensions... one can only imagine how it will look like by next year if they maintain this pace of development... of course, the revenues are also part of it, but that doesn't worry me anymore now...

Just my humble opinion, not a trading recommendation.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Calsco

Regular
Is there anyway we can view the press release live?

Reactions: 2 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Rapid reply from Tony Dawe!
Thanks Tony 👍

AKD1000 is our first generation technology.

This also includes Akida 1500 which is based on the same technology.

Our second generation technology is called Akida 2.0 .

Regards

Tony

So this is in fact, what some (me 🙄) thought would be called AKIDA2000!

AKIDA2000 (when it arrives) would actually be a part of the AKIDA 1.0 family.

WELCOME AKIDA 2.0!!

Am I the only one that's confused? Wouldn't AKIDA2000 be part of the Akida 2.0 family?

d97fca4c05f75f6bb2952eb621556732.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users
So to clarify - Akida 2000 still to come and this is Akida 2 which is entirely different. Remember the project manager role for 2.0 launch....
Yes, that's what the naming process looks like.

I actually think my version, sounds betterer..

This is the Big One we've been waiting for!

AKIDA2000 (if that's what the next iteration of AKIDA 1.0 is called) is not as big a deal as AKIDA 2.0, which this is.
(edit AKIDA 2.0 is AKIDA2000)

It makes me wonder though, is this effectively AKIDA 2.0 1000? 🤔..

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

VictorG

I'll just leave this here 👇👇

1678070546969.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode
I think so ... Nearly 26m already with over 2.5 hours left of trading!

Sorry was looking at ASX only and not Cboe. Perhaps 40+ inclusive.

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

AKIDA2000 (if that's what the next iteration of AKIDA 1.0 is called) is not as big a deal as AKIDA 2.0, which this is.

Yeah you definitely cleared things up mate😏🤣

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Sorry was looking at ASX only and not Cboe. Perhaps 40+ inclusive.
Yep I just put that figure on my last post ... great minds and all that :)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode

I understand Akida 2.0 is Akida 2000.

Looks like the naming conventions were revised.

1678070696780.png

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Bravo

It's a bit like not knowing which size of the Russian Doll family you're supposed to belong to.

f6f955cbaf6cd493abf9c7a81311acbc.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

wasMADX

Regular
Ok simple. Do I have milk in my cornflakes or 30 year old scotch in my cornflakes?
Cornflakes??? Why not shaved almonds, coconut, and cashews interspersed with gold leaf?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Pandaxxx

Regular
A formal platform launch timed for US market open.
Why would they time this for US market open, when BRN is listed on the ASX?

Not sure I follow the significance?

Reactions: 3 users
Cornflakes??? Why not shaved almonds, coconut, and cashews interspersed with gold leaf?
That actually sounds pretty good.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
So to clarify - Akida 2000 still to come and this is Akida 2 which is entirely different. Remember the project manager role for 2.0 launch....
No.
THE AKIDA TECHNOLOGY FAMILY IS MADE UP OF:

A. AKD 1000 rebranded AKIDA 1.0 from time to time

B. AKD 1500 yet to be rebranded AKIDA 1.5

C. AKIDA next generation was to be AKD 2000 then rebranded AKIDA 2.0 then company advised they were considering what it would be officially named.

In short there are three chip designs

On the original roadmap put out when Peter van der Made was Acting CEO there was AKD 500,1000 & 1500 after which came AKD 2000, 2500,3000,3500 4000,4500 & 5000 and in last podcast 10,000 was slated for 2030.

The AKD500 slated for 2023 has not yet appeared but I suspect the Renesas chip that is built around two nodes may fill that position even though it will likely carry a Renesas name. The AKD 500 was talked about for use in white goods and other appliances.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 68 users
Why would they time this for US market open, when BRN is listed on the ASX?

Not sure I follow the significance?
I think it has more to do with the fact that it is a public holiday in Western Australia and Tony Dawe is in the office but probably no one else and it is Sunday in the USA so no one there till their Monday morning.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 23 users

Bravo

I thought it went something like this:

AKIDA 1.0:
  • Akida 1000
  • Akida 1500
AKIDA 2.0:
  • Akida 2000
  • Akida 2500 (maybe, who knows in the near future?)
Then it goes all the way up to...

AKIDA 10.00 (in 2030)
  • AKIDA 10,000 (the "holy grail" of general artificial intelligence, by which time we'll all be so vastly wealthy IMO that we might not give two figs what it's called).

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

Xray1

Regular
AND DON'T FORGET EVERYONE .....

" A formal platform launch press release will take place on 7 March at 1:00am AEDT, 6 March at 6:00am US PST. "

I think this BRN Co press release in the USA tomorrow morning will most likely gain substantive international exposure of our Co and it's technology and may even entice a large number of O/sea's financial institutions to invest in the Co ..... I'm hoping that Cathy Wood will read the release when she has her first cup of coffeee in the morning

Maybe .... LDA can sell them some spare shares if need be.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Steve10

Regular
Chat GPT reckons:

BrainChip has partnered with several companies to integrate its Akida chip into their products. For example, they have partnered with the German company, Infineon, to integrate the Akida chip into Infineon's REAL3 ToF (Time of Flight) 3D image sensor for use in smartphones and other devices.

The Infineon tech was used for Dreame's W10 vacuum robot. Maybe they have more new products.

Infineon’s REAL3™ ToF imager enables advanced obstacle avoidance and smart navigation in DREAME’s new vacuum cleaning robot W10 Pro​

1678071770391.png

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 17 users
Top Bottom