BRN Discussion Ongoing

Todays announcement is a technical document and its significance may not be fully understood

but

Those in the industry fully understand it's significance.

Qualcomm knows exactly what this means so does Samsung and Nvidea and IBM and Intel etc..

To them it basically means that Akida embeded into todays technology making sensors extremely smart and incredibly efficient means that those companies who do not or will not adopt will be significantly disadvantaged.

The competive advantage that Brainchip now holds is leaps and bounds ahead.
It's a Kodak moment we are witnessing

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Steve10

Regular
Will be funny when all the journo's start pumping BRN in a few years when revenue is growing exponentially.

They'll realize the revenue from the IP business model generates 60% NPAT unlike many companies generating 5-10% of revenue as NPAT.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
What seems like a lifetime ago but it was only last year I reminded everyone that Brainchip in 2019 around May announced that they had released AKIDA1000 IP to select customers. Then in early 2020 they announced that the AKIDA1000 IP was generally available. But it was not until October, 2020 that the actual engineering samples of the AKIDA1000 was released to Early Access Customers.

I suggested that based upon this experience the Fact that Peter van der Made had completed the AKD2000 IP in late 2021 and was shortly going to hand it off to engineering that they may well also have released this IP to select customers and as it was predicted by Peter van der Made to possibly solve the plastic bag blowing across the road problem that Mercedes Benz might well be one of those select customers not to mention Valeo.

So if as some have suggested that a customer or customers will be part of the upcoming press release then for this to occur my idea that there was an early release of the IP would need to have been correct.

The fact that today's announcement makes a strong point about customer feedback being the driver and the recent reveal that Megachips worked on the backend design for AKIDA1500 suggests very strongly that this has been the case.

If I am correct then any such early customer engagement with the IP will have significant importance to the semiconductor industry at large.

Assuming of course that any such comments are positive.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 79 users

hotty4040

Regular
I'm happy they have chosen to stick with Akida I'm assuming Peter came up with the name for the chip in the first place .
I just had a spike, ( akida ) no, I think the Greek people did IMO.

A nice change in sentiment today, and a nice return present for FF if you ask me. He must have known this was coming, ;) , eventually.

Good indeed to see you back do'in your thing FF. A welcome return.

Akida Ballista >>>>> I'm singing in the rain, today, for a change <<<<<

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users
D

Deleted member 2799

The short sellers are doing their best to keep the stock down. I'm really curious how long they can hold out because to me, the article reads summarized as follows... Get ready for a wave of big announcements because we have been silent, but that silence will come to an end.
The company doesn't even need to slow down to overtake... they are speeding past everyone at the speed of light, and I can imagine that at this point, some competitors are getting sweaty palms, and potential customers who were previously hesitant will be making their first inquiries.

This is only my interpretation and not a trading recommendation

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

schuey

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

skutza

Regular
Interesting when you watch the markets long enough you see the traders doing their thing. Off to lunch they went, now we'll start to see some more buying over the next few hours. It's almost like clockwork, well I suppose it is.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
I've just sent Tony Dawe an email, requesting clarification, of what we actually have here..

It seems like too much of a generational improvement, to "just" be the 2nd generation of AKIDA1000 and not AKIDA2000?

AKIDA1500 recently being taped out, suggests the former though..

I will report back here, once he's replied.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 40 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode
Going to be a strong afternoon.

30m+ by close of trade wouldn't surprise me.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 18 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Going to be a strong afternoon.

30m+ by close of trade wouldn't surprise me.
I think so ... Nearly 26m already with over 2.5 hours left of trading! Maybe around 40m!

Last edited:
Reactions: 16 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
A formal platform launch press release will
take place on 7 March at 1:00am......10, 9, 8, 7........

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users
Going to try contain my excitement but feeling all giggity giggity already.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Beebo

Regular
A formal platform launch timed for US market open.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
Never before have so few delivered so much to so many - Apologies to Winston Churchill

This new generation AKIDA has taken Brainchip's technology lead out to at least the five years Peter van der Made predicted.

It has also added 8 bits to catch out Qualcomm, Intel, Nvidia and Samsung at the game they were trying to play.

It is already set to be made available by Edge Impulse so those 60,000 developers will be extremely busy.

It has introduced Transformers as Rob Telson alluded to in his podcast with Carnegie Mellon.

It has literally blown everyone else out of the water.

My opinion only of course so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Joey Tribbiani Friends GIF

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I don't think I've seen the words "scene segmentation" before.
So much to absorb.
Very exciting stuff
Hi Boab,

We were talking about "segmentation" in association with Socionext back in 2020.

https://brainchip.com/brainchip-and...rm-for-ai-edge-applications-brainchip-230320/

In addition to integrating BrainChip’s AI technology in an SoC, system developers and OEMs may combine BrainChip’s proprietary Akida device and Socionext’s processor to create high-speed, high-density, low-power systems to perform image and video analysis, recognition and segmentation in surveillance systems, live-streaming and other video applications.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
I've just sent Tony Dawe an email, requesting clarification, of what we actually have here..

It seems like too much of a generational improvement, to "just" be the 2nd generation of AKIDA1000 and not AKIDA2000?

AKIDA1500 recently being taped out, suggests the former though..

I will report back here, once he's replied.
Rapid reply from Tony Dawe!
Thanks Tony 👍

AKD1000 is our first generation technology.

This also includes Akida 1500 which is based on the same technology.

Our second generation technology is called Akida 2.0 .

Regards

Tony

So this is in fact, what some (me 🙄) thought would be called AKIDA2000!
(edit AKIDA 2.0 is AKIDA2000)

AKIDA2000 (when it arrives) would actually be a part of the AKIDA 1.0 family.
(edit. Ahh no)

WELCOME AKIDA 2.0!!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 81 users

Xray1

Regular
Will today have any impact on our ASX200 standing ??

• Fire
Reactions: 2 users

ndefries

Regular
Rapid reply from Tony Dawe!
Thanks Tony 👍

AKD1000 is our first generation technology.

This also includes Akida 1500 which is based on the same technology.

Our second generation technology is called Akida 2.0 .

Regards

Tony

So this is in fact, what some (me 🙄) thought would be called AKIDA2000!

AKIDA2000 (when it arrives) would actually be a part of the AKIDA 1.0 family.

WELCOME AKIDA 2.0!!
So to clarify - Akida 2000 still to come and this is Akida 2 which is entirely different. Remember the project manager role for 2.0 launch....

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users
Top Bottom