BRN Discussion Ongoing

jtardif999

Regular
I don't think I've seen the words "scene segmentation" before.
So much to absorb.
Very exciting stuff
I think it means being able to identify multiple different objects in the same scene, but I could be wrong or it could be only part of the story. Well done BRN and we’ll done all shareholders it has been worth the wait.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Xray1

Regular
shorters have about 80M shares to buy to get us down to about 2% shorted which is more common. Will be great to have the shorters on the buy side each day.
I would have expected that they would have closed out their positions today given the amount of volume traded today and just sit on the sidelines waiting to see what unfolds over the next week or so, bearing in mind that more news may flow from the Co unexpectantly once again .......... or maybe just move on elsewhere less volatile till at least after the AGM where the general state of the Co will be revealed.

Reactions: 2 users

ndefries

Regular
I would have expected that they would have closed out their positions today given the amount of volume traded today and just sit on the sidelines waiting to see what unfolds over the next week or so, bearing in mind that more news may flow from the Co unexpectantly once again .......... or maybe just move on elsewhere less volatile till at least after the AGM where the general state of the Co will be revealed.
volume not high enought to clear their positions in one day. they have been feasting on no annoucements. If the presentation tomorrow is special and there is more rise they are going to be forced to squeeze the price higher. For example if this goes 40% up in two days that is going to catch a lot out.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 20 users

TECH

Regular
Good Day All,

How fitting, WA Public Holiday today, local Brainchip shareholders are considering changing Labor Day to Akida Day :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I had a dream a few months ago that 2 reference chips were being developed simultaneously, launch of chips, dreams can come true, never
say never I guess.

Well what a solid announcement ! Full of Positivity, Full of Facts.

To me it's very clear, we already know that this site is being monitored from time to time, it's clear that our company listens, despite what some
may think, it's clear that our business strategy is unfolding very nicely, at a speed that reflects, discipline and control, meaning any major slip ups
can hopefully be avoided as commercialization starts to take shape.

I think that's the longest set of quotations from Sean since he started, apart from the AGM and a few interviews, and his words are very powerful, which I have highlighted below (others have probably already mentioned), none-the- less I'll repeat them.

Sean Hehir, BrainChip CEO said, “Our customers wanted us to enable expanded predictive intelligence, target tracking, object detection, scene segmentation, and advanced vision capabilities. This new generation of Akida allows designers and developers to do things that were not possible before on an Edge device. By inferring and learning from raw sensor data, we take a substantial step toward a cloudless Edge AI experience. With this launch, we have significantly extended our competitive advantage in neuromorphic AI.”

This hyper-efficient, yet powerful neural processing system, architected for embedded Edge AI applications, now adds efficient 8-bit processing to go with advanced capabilities such as time domain convolutions and vision transformer acceleration, for an unprecedented level of performance in sub-watt devices, taking them from perception towards cognition.

The second-generation of Akida now includes Temporal Event Based Neural Nets (TENN) spatial-temporal convolutions that supercharge the processing of raw time-continuous streaming data, such as video analytics, target tracking, audio classification, analysis of health monitoring data such as heart rate and respiratory rate for vital signs prediction, and time series analytics used in forecasting, and predictive production line maintenance. These capabilities are critically needed in industrial, automotive, digital health, smart home and smart city applications. The TENNs allow for radically simpler implementations by consuming raw data directly from sensors - drastically reducing model size and operations performed, while maintaining very high accuracy. This can shrink design cycles and dramatically lower the cost of development.

Mr Hehir added, “The development of the second generation of Akida was strongly influenced by our customers’ feedback and driven by our extensive market engagement. We have recently expanded our sales organisation to become truly global and we are focused on executing more IP licence agreements and generating revenue growth over coming years.

Another addition to the second generation of Akida is Vision Transformers (ViT,) acceleration a leading-edge neural network that has been shown to perform extremely well on various computer vision tasks, such as image classification, object detection, and semantic segmentation.

The Akida IP platform has a unique ability to learn on the device for continuous improvement and data-less customization that improves security and privacy. This, combined with the efficiency and performance available, enable very differentiated solutions that until now have not been possible. These include secure, small battery powered devices like hearing aids and wearable electronic devices such as watches, medical devices for monitoring vital signs, and consume only microwatts of power. This can scale up to HD-resolution vision solutions delivered through high-value, batteryoperated or fan-less devices enabling a wide variety of applications from surveillance systems to factory management and augmented reality to scale effectively.

Akida comes with a Models Zoo and a burgeoning ecosystem of software, tools, and model vendors, as well as IP, SoC, foundry and system integrator partners

For the ones who aren't aware or have forgotten, our initial plans to send our first chip design to the fab was delayed by around 1 year, why, because Peter, Anil, Kris and co, listened very carefully to what our EAP's thought, what they wanted, how they considered Brainchip could make more of a initial statement by bridging the gap between CNN's and the new kid on the block SNN's....this proved to be a real winner for our team, it's what I called at the time "an olive branch" then came more simplifying, with MetaTF, developers aren't neuroscientists, they could model their designs around Akida without having to learn whole "new programming", as is required with Loihi.

From the opening line in Sean's address, it is very clear that Peter, Anil and the team have followed the same path, that is, not being arrogant, or ego focused, but simply listening to our customers, yes they are customers now, and doing our upmost to deliver the goods.

Do you think our partners are happy ? you better believe it, we are clearly leading this revolution, so pleased for our Founder/s today.

Have a great afternoon all. Tech :coffee::love:;)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 104 users

Xray1

Regular
Well at least one thing will come out of this we will not have to suffer the 'is this competition' where AKIDA 2000 is concerned because with a five year lead and all that it can do about to be laid out in the press release, the website and by Edge Impulse there will be no grey areas for people to worry someone has a similar product.

It will be like comparing a genuine Police Call Box with Dr. Who's Tardis.

The only similarity will be they are painted the same colour.

Like the Tardis the minute you open the door to the AKIDA specs it will make glaringly obvious that you have walked into a science fiction future.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I also think that with this announcement / news coming out, that any other Co involved or experimenting with our type of AI technology will really need to throughly check out that they are not infringing upon any of our existing patents.

Reactions: 4 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip

We get a mention on the STOCKHEAD site​

ASX Tech Stocks: Brainchip launches next generation of Akida neuromorphic AI chip​

Tech
2 hours ago | Emma Davies

SHARE​

• Brainchip launches next generation of Akida neuromorphic AI chip
  • Vection Technologies expands VR offering into real estate sector
  • Droneshield nabs $600k Unmanned Traffic Management project in Europe

AI chip developer Brainchip (ASX:BRN) has launched the second generation of its Akida platform which can apparently learn from raw sensor data.
Basically, the chip now includes Temporal Event Based Neural Nets (TENN) spatial-temporal convolutions that supercharge the processing of raw time-continuous streaming data, such as video analytics, target tracking, audio classification, analysis of health monitoring data and time series analytics used in forecasting, and predictive production line maintenance.

These are critical capabilities for industrial, automotive, digital health, smart home and smart city applications, and the company says intelligent edge devices for the Artificial Intelligence of Things (AIoT) solutions and services market is forecast to be worth US$1T+ by 2030.
“Our customers wanted us to enable expanded predictive intelligence, target tracking, object detection, scene segmentation, and advanced vision capabilities,” CEO Sean Hehir said.

“This new generation of Akida allows designers and developers to do things that were not possible before on an Edge device.
“By inferring and learning from raw sensor data, we take a substantial step toward a cloudless Edge AI experience.
“With this launch, we have significantly extended our competitive advantage in neuromorphic AI.”
General availability will follow in Q3 2023, the company says.

BRN

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

manny100

Regular
Plenty of superlatives in the ann no doubt passing the ASX sniffer dog test.
So if anything the Ann is underselling importance of Second Generation AKIDA.

Reactions: 8 users
Good Day All,

How fitting, WA Public Holiday today, local Brainchip shareholders are considering changing Labor Day to Akida Day :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I had a dream a few months ago that 2 reference chips were being developed simultaneously, launch of chips, dreams can come true, never
say never I guess.

Well what a solid announcement ! Full of Positivity, Full of Facts.

To me it's very clear, we already know that this site is being monitored from time to time, it's clear that our company listens, despite what some
may think, it's clear that our business strategy is unfolding very nicely, at a speed that reflects, discipline and control, meaning any major slip ups
can hopefully be avoided as commercialization starts to take shape.

I think that's the longest set of quotations from Sean since he started, apart from the AGM and a few interviews, and his words are very powerful, which I have highlighted below (others have probably already mentioned), none-the- less I'll repeat them.

Sean Hehir, BrainChip CEO said, “Our customers wanted us to enable expanded predictive intelligence, target tracking, object detection, scene segmentation, and advanced vision capabilities. This new generation of Akida allows designers and developers to do things that were not possible before on an Edge device. By inferring and learning from raw sensor data, we take a substantial step toward a cloudless Edge AI experience. With this launch, we have significantly extended our competitive advantage in neuromorphic AI.”

This hyper-efficient, yet powerful neural processing system, architected for embedded Edge AI applications, now adds efficient 8-bit processing to go with advanced capabilities such as time domain convolutions and vision transformer acceleration, for an unprecedented level of performance in sub-watt devices, taking them from perception towards cognition.

The second-generation of Akida now includes Temporal Event Based Neural Nets (TENN) spatial-temporal convolutions that supercharge the processing of raw time-continuous streaming data, such as video analytics, target tracking, audio classification, analysis of health monitoring data such as heart rate and respiratory rate for vital signs prediction, and time series analytics used in forecasting, and predictive production line maintenance. These capabilities are critically needed in industrial, automotive, digital health, smart home and smart city applications. The TENNs allow for radically simpler implementations by consuming raw data directly from sensors - drastically reducing model size and operations performed, while maintaining very high accuracy. This can shrink design cycles and dramatically lower the cost of development.

Mr Hehir added, “The development of the second generation of Akida was strongly influenced by our customers’ feedback and driven by our extensive market engagement. We have recently expanded our sales organisation to become truly global and we are focused on executing more IP licence agreements and generating revenue growth over coming years.

Another addition to the second generation of Akida is Vision Transformers (ViT,) acceleration a leading-edge neural network that has been shown to perform extremely well on various computer vision tasks, such as image classification, object detection, and semantic segmentation.

The Akida IP platform has a unique ability to learn on the device for continuous improvement and data-less customization that improves security and privacy. This, combined with the efficiency and performance available, enable very differentiated solutions that until now have not been possible. These include secure, small battery powered devices like hearing aids and wearable electronic devices such as watches, medical devices for monitoring vital signs, and consume only microwatts of power. This can scale up to HD-resolution vision solutions delivered through high-value, batteryoperated or fan-less devices enabling a wide variety of applications from surveillance systems to factory management and augmented reality to scale effectively.

Akida comes with a Models Zoo and a burgeoning ecosystem of software, tools, and model vendors, as well as IP, SoC, foundry and system integrator partners

For the ones who aren't aware or have forgotten, our initial plans to send our first chip design to the fab was delayed by around 1 year, why, because Peter, Anil, Kris and co, listened very carefully to what our EAP's thought, what they wanted, how they considered Brainchip could make more of a initial statement by bridging the gap between CNN's and the new kid on the block SNN's....this proved to be a real winner for our team, it's what I called at the time "an olive branch" then came more simplifying, with MetaTF, developers aren't neuroscientists, they could model their designs around Akida without having to learn whole "new programming", as is required with Loihi.

From the opening line in Sean's address, it is very clear that Peter, Anil and the team have followed the same path, that is, not being arrogant, or ego focused, but simply listening to our customers, yes they are customers now, and doing our upmost to deliver the goods.

Do you think our partners are happy ? you better believe it, we are clearly leading this revolution, so pleased for our Founder/s today.

Have a great afternoon all. Tech :coffee::love:;)
Any chance you have the footage where kris was doing some sort of presentation and there was a short clip of predicting the next move of a basketball player also a fighter jet if I recall correctly it was in software not hardware back then maybe almost two years ago now?

• Fire
Reactions: 2 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
If our SP is above $1 by 25th of March, NSW state election,
I am voting for THE GREENS 🤭

AustralianGreensLogo_official.svg.png

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 17 users
  • Haha
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

manny100

Regular
If its true about people being attracted to money then the $1 trillion market by 2030 should attract a few to this money pit.

Reactions: 9 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I was just watching the needle. Last week, when we were bumping along at about 50 cents, it was Sell/Strong Sell. Now we're 60 cents it's Buy. The classic sell low - buy high strategy.

1678076434054.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 49 users

Easytiger

Regular
1678076527252.png
1678076527252.png

Reactions: 13 users

Kozikan

Regular
YES
Below is screen shot from The half yearly for the 1st half of 2022 which clearly shows and actually describes that the 4 million dollars in revenue is from Megachips and from selling licences of Akida1000. The original licensing agreement with Megachips was not for 4 million, so they have 100% sold Akida1000 license agreements with 3rd parties

Hence my question to management at the AGM would be " Could you please state at this current date how many license agreements have been signed either directly through Brainchip and through 3rd party Sellers (eg Megachips, Renesis etc)

View attachment 31081
Hiya Doz, I’m 24 odd pages of posts behind , thou today’s welcomed New Platform BrainChip Ann is giving the sp a good shorters covering push. Hahaha You asked how many licenses? In my foggy memory, I recall “ Crestman” posting about his Perth gathering chat with Peter re Megachips , it was discussed a little here. I believe it was shared that One license was worth/valued at One million dollars. That was my understanding at the time. Hope this helps and that my memory holds up.

Edit: One million dollars license was with regard future ARM licenses
Humble Apologies

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Rskiff

Regular
I was just watching the needle. Last week, when we were bumping along at about 50 cents, it was Sell/Strong Sell. Now we're 60 cents it's Buy. The classic sell low - buy high strategy.

View attachment 31287
Buy high 60c !!! Buy high for me would be $30.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Quatrojos

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

jtardif999

Regular
That being the case, I wonder how it changes the testing process for these potential buyers. One would think if they were waiting on aspect improvements, testing could be accelerated and licences could be signed.
I would expect to see those on the sideline putting their money where their moths are in the next six month if this is the case.
You there wallets? The moths are in their wallets 🤓

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

ndefries

Regular
Mickleboro article is out on Fool. Oh dear!
to save people the click...

The BrainChip share price is up 18% to 60.2 cents. This follows news that the semiconductor company has released a new version of its Akida platform. Management says the new platform was designed in response to customer feedback. If the sales don’t start rolling in now, then perhaps they never will.

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users
Does anything make them happy?
I send my wife for a 6 week holiday to Nigeria every year . I have to admit that she comes home happy .

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Top Bottom