BRN Discussion Ongoing

robsmark

Regular
I’ll voice my concerns when I’m unhappy with this company, but I’ll also give praise when deserved.

This announcement was great from a development standpoint, but equally as important in my eyes is that it was written with some conviction. Much better.

Now go sell it.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 49 users

Quatrojos

Regular
I’ll voice my concerns when I’m unhappy with this company, but I’ll also give praise when deserved.

This announcement was great from a development standpoint, but equally as important in my eyes is that it was written with some conviction. Much better.

Now go sell it.
Yes, a formal product platform launch should do the trick. Time for Hehir to air his product to the general public...

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

RobjHunt

Regular
Whatta wonderful morning 🤗

Pantene Peeps.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 18 users

TheDrooben

Pretty Pretty Pretty Pretty Good
Great "management worthy" announcement. Our technological lead extended even further

Shorters getting ready to feel the burn........

xT0xerue5Mzx0S6RGg.gif

Larry

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Draed

Regular
For me, this states... we have produced the hardware, it was verified, but there was some modifications required. Hence brainchip went back to the bench and made the required changes... why? Because the akida 1000, although science fiction, didn't have the real world applications needed for massive gross sales... so a bit of feedback from tech monsters in the industry, a bit more tweeking and bam. Here you go, a chip that will work across multiple industries with multiple use cases, with significantly less customisation.

I ask, why would these tech companies help us design a better selling chip, rather that producing their own? Because we have the patents on the base level technology... much easier for them to have us modify it and sell it for us, than risk patent litigation. For me that's a huge deal. Our success is their success... and they are working with us because they know the sales are around the corner. Its just a matter of time now.

I felt like the tech was validated a couple years ago, but this announcement says, the sales are validated....

My opinion, DYOR.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 67 users

dippY22

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Already did on another platform.
"Who's the biggest toss" you'd be surprised who's leading
@dippY22

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire

Diogenese

Top 20
I'm also hoping they stick with the 1, 2, and 4-bit options. I assume they will handle 8-bit models as it looked like other members of the AI standards committee were leaning in that direction. Better to conform to the standards now than later.

I am hoping that it doesn't affect the speed too much as they claim to be scalable, where I see it having an effect on benchmarks is in the size of the training data. However, providing modes for the other "bit-ness" would allow for certain applications to still be able to take advantage of less memory for certain IoT devices.

While NVISO provided its own testing benchmarks for the Akida AKD1000, Jetson Nano, and Tegra GPU, I would really like to see some type of independent testing lab providing its own measurements. Hopefully, a full testing suite will emerge and we can compare Akida with the likes of SySense, Qualcomm, GraiMatter, and other competitors, in various AI workloads ranging from image and audio to various sensor processing tasks.

It seems that there are potential customers (such as Prophesee potentially with a commercial engagement) that seem to be very impressed by what Akida has to offer. I'd really like to be able to quantify their excitement.
Well I suppose one advantage of having different offerings in the IP licencing business is that the customers can choose what best fits their needs.
That said, I would think that if a customer wanted the Vision Transformer (ViT), they would need to take the 8 bit silicon even if they only wanted to use 4 bits. However, they could use a 4 bit model library rather than an 8 bit library - a bit like keeping the Roller in the garage and just driving the Jag.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 33 users

robsmark

Regular
For me, this states... we have produced the hardware, it was verified, but there was some modifications required. Hence brainchip went back to the bench and made the required changes... why? Because the akida 1000, although science fiction, didn't have the real world applications needed for massive gross sales... so a bit of feedback from tech monsters in the industry, a bit more tweeking and bam. Here you go, a chip that will work across multiple industries with multiple use cases, with significantly less customisation.

I ask, why would these tech companies help us design a better selling chip, rather that producing their own? Because we have the patents on the base level technology... much easier for them to have us modify it and sell it for us, than risk patent litigation. For me that's a huge deal. Our success is their success... and they are working with us because they know the sales are around the corner. Its just a matter of time now.

I felt like the tech was validated a couple years ago, but this announcement says, the sales are validated....

My opinion, DYOR.
That being the case, I wonder how it changes the testing process for these potential buyers. One would think if they were waiting on aspect improvements, testing could be accelerated and licences could be signed.
I would expect to see those on the sideline putting their money where their mouths are in the next six month if this is the case.

Last edited:
  • Fire

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Bloody Fantastique !

Well done Brainchip team and hopefully the beginning of a sustained rerate. 🤣

Hoping now that they come up with a well considered naming regime to dispel any confusion.
Something to hang these various Akida's hats on.
We are all familiar with the first of the breed being the Akida 1000.
Then the recent tapeout through Global Foundries of Akida 1500.
And now this new beast just announced. Is this Akida 2000?
So 3 different iterations of the Spike meister, all known as the Akida xxxx, with tweaked skillsets applicable to different applications.

If memory serves Sean said at the last AGM that we were moving away from the above numerical sequenced nomenclature but as far as I am aware nothing to replace it has been announced?
At the moment is a bit clumsy as most are still using the 1000, 1500, 2000 monikers as otherwise have to refer to them as first, second, third released.
Perhaps they are waiting to see the adoption rates of the various offerings and then maybe describe them by utility?
i.e. Akida Home, Akida Auto, Akida Mr Roboto, Akida Defender, and gosh darn it maybe even an Akida Doorbell for Chrissake. 🤣

I'd suggest perhaps a nod to our Aussie heritage and they could call them Akida Taipan, Akida Tigersnake or the ever popular Akida RedbellyBlack for the big hitters and perhaps Akida Funnelweb or Akida Redback for the doorbell type utilities?

Or perhaps they could stay with the Greek thematic and call them after the old pantheon?
eg. Akida Zeus, Akida Mars, Akida Dianna, with the lesser but still heroic versions of Akida Hercules etc?

Maybe not quite so important as an IP product than it would be for a physically discreet Chip, yet as more and more versions are released the problems of identification multiply?

BTW, spare a thought for the poor shortee's caught out with today's announcement.
Hope not too many hurt in their mad dash out. 🤣

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users

Damo4

Regular
An abundance of good info in the ANN, will have to sit down with a fine tooth comb later.
In the mean time I think I only have two things to say:

Oof Size Large | Know Your Meme

Rocket Roll Motion

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Moonshot

Regular
This announcement is amazing, makes sense of the LDA option timing now too..

• Fire
  • Thinking

Gemmax

Regular
Chippers.
A big thanks to all the 1000 eyes that contribute such amazing research on a never ending basis. for example, the work / dot joining put forward yesterday on Qualcomm/ Megachips / Prophesee etc was exceptional. )
I know I do not contribute much as it is above my pay grade. But I read it all and benefit from your efforts.
Thanks again. I look forward to meeting up at the AGM.
Love the announcement.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 47 users
D

Deleted member 2799

Google should remove them from their search results... most of their articles look like its auto generated garbage...

It is

Reactions: 1 users

Stockbob

Regular
Just looking at the products/categories mentioned in the ann today,

small battery powered devices,
hearing aids ( although seen in job ads, this is the first time i'm seeing it in another doc from the comp),
wearable electronic devices,
watches,
medical devices for monitoring vital signs,
surveillance systems,
factory management,
augmented reality,
industrial,
smart home,
smart city
automotive

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 45 users

Moonshot

Regular
This is going to run some more hopefully, we are at the same price as when megachips announcement hit and think of the difference in terms of progress made.

• Fire
  • Love
Just looking at the products/categories mentioned in the ann today,

small battery powered devices,
hearing aids ( although seen in job ads, this is the first time i'm seeing it in another doc from the comp),
wearable electronic devices,
watches,
medical devices for monitoring vital signs,
surveillance systems,
factory management,
augmented reality,
industrial,
smart home,
smart city
automotive
Looking forward to all the smart city applications. Going to be sprouting up everywhere.
Edit... Not looking forward to living in one though.🤮

Last edited:
  • Fire

Diogenese

Top 20
Bloody Fantastique !

Hoping now that they come up with a well considered naming regime to dispel any confusion.
So 3 different iterations of the Spike meister, all known as the Akida xxxx, with tweaked skillsets applicable to different applications.

If memory serves Sean said at the last AGM that we were moving away from the above numerical sequenced nomenclature but as far as I am aware nothing to replace it has been announced?
At the moment is a bit clumsy as most are still using the 1000, 1500, 2000 monikers as otherwise have to refer to them as first, second, third released.
Perhaps they are waiting to see the adoption rates of the various offerings and then maybe describe them by utility?
i.e. Akida Home, Akida Auto, Akida Mr Roboto, Akida Defender, and gosh darn it maybe even an Akida Doorbell for Chrissake. 🤣

I'd suggest perhaps a nod to our Aussie heritage and they could call them Akida Taipan, Akida Tigersnake or the ever popular Akida RedbellyBlack for the big hitters and perhaps Akida Funnelweb or Akida Redback for the doorbell type utilities?

Or perhaps they could stay with the Greek thematic and call them after the old pantheon?
eg. Akida Zeus, Akida Mars, Akida Dianna, with the lesser but still heroic versions of Akida Hercules etc?

Maybe not quite so important as an IP product than it would be for a physically discreet Chip, yet as more and more versions are released the problems of identification multiply?

BTW, spare a thought for the poor shortee's caught out with today's announcement.

Wouldn't be too keen to touch that doorbell.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...8D56D83D510668B3E1608D56D83D510668B&FORM=VIRE

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Bloody Fantastique !

flame thrower fire GIF
The poor shortee's caught out with today's announcement. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users
Top Bottom