BRN Discussion Ongoing

Think you will find Megachips are an Apple supplier or were in 2021.

Obviously doesn't spec what components though.

View attachment 30971

View attachment 30972
Forgot to add that Renesas also on this Apple supplier list.

Screenshot_2023-03-02-11-14-21-73_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

chapman89

Founding Member

Number of IoT connected devices worldwide 2019-2021, with forecasts to 2030​

Published by
Lionel Sujay Vailshery
Lionel Sujay Vailshery

Nov 22, 2022
The number of Internet of Things (IoT) devices worldwide is forecast to almost triple from 9.7 billion in 2020 to more than 29 billion IoT devices in 2030. In 2030, the highest number of IoT devices will be found in China with around 5 billion consumer devices.

IoT devices are used in all types of industry verticals and consumer markets, with the consumer segment accounting for around 60 percent of all IoT connected devices in 2020. This share is projected to stay at this level over the next ten years.

View attachment 30979

29B devices x 1% = 290M x 25c IP royalties revenue = $72.5M being 60% of revenue which implies $48.33M being 40% for licencing fees similar to ARM metrics. So every 1% = $120.83M total revenue.

10% = $1.2B total revenue x 60% NPAT similar to ARM = $720M NPAT x PE60 = $43.2B MC or $24.45 SP.

15% would equate to $64.8B MC & $36.68 SP. I think the pie chart had BRN with 10-15% market share.
Except of course tech shares PE are always a lot higher.
What I foresee in the next 12 or so months is once we start bringing in revenue from Renesas and potentially others, more licensing deals and more public acknowledgement from larger companies is the ARK investments of the world and other large financial institutions will be scrambling to buy Brn shares.

Cathy woods said Neural Networks will be bigger than the internet, now whether that happens or not IMO is not the biggest takeaway for me, what i take from that is just how revolutionary she sees AI, as does everybody and when the worlds first commercial products containing SNN’s on digitally neuromorphic architectures, they will have no choice.

Let’s take Alex the rocket scientist as an example, he has a big following, talks all the time about semiconductor stocks, was previously invested in BRN back in 2020/21, has been on our podcast with Rob, he has featured Jerome Nadel only a few months ago, and from memory he said he would buy back in once Brn has revenue ( @Rskiff is that what he said? ) he is very aware of the capabilities of akida and absolute no doubt in my mind when Renesas tapes out and there’s more noise, he himself will be boasting about Brainchip and it’s capabilities and how disruptive it is.

Truly exciting times!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Makeme 2020

Regular
1677727325966.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

rgupta

Regular
An article giving an insight into where Qualcomm believe the future is heading:

"This is a significant milestone for Qualcomm AI Research as it proves that AI models can be run efficiently on edge devices without any reliance on the cloud or an internet connection."

"Our vision of the connected, intelligent edge is happening before our eyes as large AI cloud models begin gravitating toward running on edge devices, faster and faster,” adds Qualcomm. “What was considered impossible only a few years ago is now possible."

Whether Brainchip is involved here or not, great to see a big boy like Qualcomm publicly stating the future of edge devices is looking bright.
That is the biggest puzzle, especially as a holder of brn.
To me there are 2 scanarios
1.One is Qualcomm has an NDA with brn and they donot want to sign a contract until the end product is finalised. Which have a lot of merit coz Qualcomm is also providing chips for Mercedes eqxx concept car, Qualcomm has signed a partnership with prophesse who is a brn partner.
2. Qualcomm had their own technology but that is a bit rare chance coz if it has something like that they will be discussing with broader market how the things are happening. I have no idea may be someone can let us understand if Qualcomm have some patents approved on that or some patents in pipeline on that.
But just in case Qualcomm lies in 2nd category that will mean either a bigger player will like to buy brn to counter Qualcomm or brainchip cannot shine as much as we expect.
If the scanario one is getting feasible that means we are going to moon and no one can stop us from reaching there.
DYOR

Reactions: 10 users
Sorry, it's off topic, but why TF can my gen 1 Galaxy watch last me 4 days still, and the new Pixel Watch and Apple watch can barely crack a day?
Even some Garmins, which are better fitness watches if you're into that, last many days.
Do you use it, or does it just kind of, sit on your wrist 🤔..

The extra features and "power" of the newer watches is the reason.

Just like how the Tesla models with extra features, have a shorter driving range..

"The Tesla Model 3 Performance and Long Range have had their driving ranges cut by between 2.0 and 3.5 per cent in Australia, due to a new system computer"

From June 2022.

Reactions: 2 users

Damo4

Regular
Do you use it, or does it just kind of, sit on your wrist 🤔..

The extra features and "power" of the newer watches is the reason.

Just like how the Tesla models with extra features, have a shorter driving range..

"The Tesla Model 3 Performance and Long Range have had their driving ranges cut by between 2.0 and 3.5 per cent in Australia, due to a new system computer"

From June 2022.

Sometimes I make calls, use it to track work outs, read notifications etc.
But lets assume I let it sit on my wrist only, the new Pixel and Apple watches still wont get more than a day under those conditions lol
For instance my wife's will barely make it to bed time, so she can't use it for any of the advertised sleep tracking.

But yes I do understand what you are saying.
It's just a shame they can't also increase the capacity of the battery or the way it is used.

Reactions: 3 users
Renesas's IP licencing avenue for customers, is limited, due to them only licencing 2 nodes.

MegaChips, is the golden brick road..
It was either last year or the year before I read that Renesas was celebrating the shipping of its forty billionth micro control unit (MCU).

If AKIDA intelligence makes its way into only 10 percent of the next forty billion MCU’s that’s a lot of two nodes of AKIDA IP.

Blind Freddie tells me it is 4 billion.

I think the treasurer will be rubbing his little hands together at the thought of taxing me 30% on the dividends this will produce.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users
But lets assume I let it sit on my wrist only, the new Pixel and Apple watches still wont get more than a day under those conditions lol
For instance my wife's will barely make it to bed time, so she can't use it for any of the advertised sleep tracking.

It's just a shame they can't also increase the capacity of the battery or the way it is used.
Maybe if the new watches were smarter and inherently used less power, though some kind of "science fiction" operating system, or processor..

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
After reading some points raised regarding Tesla which Kalkine Media published just a few hours ago, I imagined writing a letter to Elon and it went a little something like this...

Dear Elon,

I must commend you for deciding to advance your work with NVDIA. This is a very wise move in my opinion because NVDIA knows all about us thanks to us all working together with Mercedes.

If "AI stresses you out", please don't give yourself a conniption as this is never optimal for one's health. Simply get on the phone and have a calming conversation with the "AI experts at BrainChip" and in particular with our amasing Founder and CTO Peter Van Der Made, who will make you feel the stress run out of your body faster than a toupee flying off in a hurricane.

Yours sincerely,

Bravo
Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 2.23.45,png.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 2.23.20.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16 users

AARONASX

Holding onto what I've got
If "AI stresses you out", please don't give yourself a conniption as this is never optimal for one's health. Simply get on the phone and have a calming conversation with the "AI experts at BrainChip" and in particular with our amasing Founder and CTO Peter Van Der Made, who will make you feel the stress run out of your body faster than a toupee flying off in a hurricane.
Elon is like a squirrel trying to jam all his nuts in his mouth...Come on Elon, THERE IS AN EASIER WAY....BETTER WAY :cool:

chipmunk GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Elon is like a squirrel trying to jam all his nuts in his mouth...Come on Elon, THERE IS AN EASIER WAY....BETTER WAY :cool:

chipmunk GIF
If Elon had real balls, vision and humility, he would have been all over AKIDA, ages ago..

• Love
  • Fire

Steve10

Regular
OPPO article mentions production H2 CY2023 for launch next year. Most likely February/March when they launch new models. And they will launch their own SoC.

So if any new smartphones next year will have Akida IP they will have to be manufactured in H2 CY2023.

Vivo X90 launched 3 February, 2023 was first phone to use Snapdragon 8 Gen2 SoC. New Vivo model next year could be the first phone to have Prophesee tech. One to keep an eye on for specs.

OPPO to Launch its Own SoC in 2024: Here’s What We Know​

TECHNOLOGY
By Sidharth Joseph Last updated Feb 22, 2023

1677729672120.png

Chinese smartphone manufacturer, OPPO is planning to bring the company’s very own self developed SoC in 2024. This in-house chipset that the company will be introducing will make the brand much more independent and will give an extra advantage in terms of performance and pricing with its competitors.

Reports on the Chinese microblogging platform, Weibo reveals that OPPO has already started its work on its very own smartphone chipset which the company would release in 2024. The chipset is going to use 4nm manufacturing process and is expected to be made by TSMC. It is also expected that the chipset will be compatible with 5G smartphones.

It was from a MediaTek executive that we had first received the information about OPPO’s self made SoC and later an insider of OPPO had also revealed that the company has already started its works. Reports also reveal that the company has invested about 1.4 billion in the research and development of its chipset.

OPPO’s first custom made chipset, MariSilicon X was released in 2021 and was a 6nm imaging chipset. The company also has a connector chipset as well called MariSilicon Y. All these indicate that the brand in the future is trying not to depend more on leading SoC manufacturers like MediaTek and Qualcomm but to rely more on their own self developed chipsets.

Leading smartphone manufacturers like Samsung, Apple and Google already have their own chipsets and with OPPO also following the same trend, it will definitely enable the company to achieve independence and come to the forefront in the smartphone market.

https://www.thetechoutlook.com/news/technology/oppo-to-launch-its-own-soc-in-2024-heres-what-we-know/#:~:text=Chinese%20smartphone%20manufacturer%2C%20OPPO%20is,and%20pricing%20with%20its%20competitors.
Debayan Roy (Gadgetsdata)
@Gadgetsdata

Oppo's Self-Developed smartphone SoC is expected to arrive in next year, 2024.
• It is a 4nm SoC, supports 5G.
• The design process of this SoC is completed and it is ready to be sent into manufacturing in the 2nd Half of 2023.
• It might be manufactured by TSMC.
Via: Weibo

Another company to keep an eye on is MediaTek.

As the industry leader in developing powerful, highly integrated and efficient system-on-chip products, MediaTek is enabling the future of AI by creating an ecosystem of Edge-AI hardware processing paired with comprehensive software tools across its product range - smartphones to smart homes, wearables, IoT and connected cars.​

MediaTek NeuroPilot

We’re meeting the Edge AI challenge head-on with MediaTek NeuroPilot. Through heterogeneous computing capabilities such as CPUs, GPUs and APUs (AI processing units) we embed into our system-on-chip products, we are providing high performance and power efficiency for AI features and applications. Developers can target these specific processing units within the system-on-chip or, they can let MediaTek NeuroPoint SDK intelligently handle the processing allocation for them.

Learn how it works >

Many companies becoming active in edge AI. Hopefully, BRN's Akida will become a high volume building block for a majority of devices in future.

Osram recently partnered with MegaChips' other AI partner Quadric. Will be using Quadric's Chimera general purpose neural processor. Appears this application may be better suited to Quadric in leau of Akida. Or they don't know about Akida yet.

Quadric, Ams Osram to develop smart sensing solutions for edge-based applications​

Jan 11, 2023 | Abhishek Jadhav

Quadric, an edge AI chip provider, has partnered with Ams Osram, an optical solutions provider, to create a smart sensing solution for edge computing applications. The partnership will combine Ams Osram’s Mira family of CMOS sensors and Quadric’s Chimera general-purpose neural processors. Leveraging the power of both their respective strengths, Quadric says it has developed a low-power smart sensing module that combines image capturing and machine learning capabilities.

The Ams Osram Mira220 CMOS image sensor is designed for use in 2D and 3D consumer and industrial machine vision applications. With the intention of further enhancing its sensor and releasing versions with higher resolutions, Quadric is integrating future models of its CMOS sensors with a range of computing power from 1 to 16 TOPs in its Chimera processor lineup. Both companies showcased this sensing module at CES 2023.

The company says that the Mira CMOS image sensor family provides maximum resolution in a compact form factor while minimizing power consumption. By incorporating new modules within the Mira family, the company says it can provide a broad selection of resolutions that cater to different applications needing high performance and energy efficiency.

“The combination of Ams Osram’s sensors and Quadric’s processing into a single low-power module opens up vast new possibilities for the deployment of smart vision sensing,” said Joost Seijnaeve, the vice president and general manager of CMOS Image Sensors for Ams Osram.

The Quadric Chimera general-purpose neural processor has a unified hardware and software architecture optimized for on-device AI computing. This architecture enables the processor to execute matrix and vector operations, as well as scalar code within a single execution pipeline. The processor’s design combines a neural processor, digital signal processor and real-time CPU into an individual programmable core. This means that it is exceptionally proficient in dealing with multiple tasks, the company says.

“Quadric is excited to be joining forces with Ams Osram,” said Veer Kheterpal, the CEO at Quadric. “Empowering device makers with the capability for a fully-programmable smart sensing device at incredibly low power levels will open a vast new tranche of deployments of machine learning in edge devices.”

In March of 2022, Quadric raised $21 million in a Series B funding round led by mobility supplier Denso’s NSITEXE subsidiary. The company stated the funding would, among other things, accelerate advancements in its next-generation processor architecture.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users
In addition...Google will be deeply integrated within the Mercedes user interface. (UI/UX), the same place where the "Hey Mercedes" voice assistant resides, with hot word detection made 5-10 times more efficient than conventional voice control thanks to AKIDA..

View attachment 30828

View attachment 30829
May see our first person marrying their car in near future!! :ROFLMAO:

SC

• Haha
Around February, March 2022 Edge Impulse announced its FOMO (Fast Objects More Objects) for processing constrained Edge vision applications.

When you Google what took place back then Arduino was very involved with assisting Edge Impulse with demonstrations of FOMO.

As we know Edge Impulse and Brainchip are going to publicly demonstrate FOMO running on AKIDA technology.

If we take a moment to look at Arduino Partnerships it is clear that there is not a lot of distance separating Brainchip, Arduino, Edge Impulse and some well known companies who like to have sleep overs with Brainchip.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Tech Partnerships​

We work closely with technology leaders around the world to ensure our products are always cutting edge, aligned with the latest trends, and grounded in the real world.

Altium
Altium is a leading CAD software tool manufacturer. We collaborate on desktop and web-based electronic design tools.
ARM
ARM is a key MCU technology and operating system partner. Our deep collaboration includes market development.
Bosch
Bosch is a development partner and hardware supplier for a variety of sensors including pressure, temperature, and humidity.
Cyberon
Cyberon is a leading embedded speech solution provider for mobile devices, offering a natural & reliable user experience.
Edge Impulse
Edge Impulse is a Silicon Valley-based machine learning software partner focusing on TinyML SDKs for developers.
Foundries.io
Arduino leverages the cloud-based DevOps platform from Foundries.io to reinvent the way embedded Linux solutions are built, tested, deployed and maintained.
Google
Google is an Arduino partner in the development of machine learning for microcontrollers with TensorFlow Lite, and a partner in Education with Arduino taking on the next generation of the Science Journal enabling children to learn interactively.
Intel
Intel is a technology on hardware partner of low power FPGA.
Lauterbach
Lauterbach is a leading manufacturer of professional debugging tools that provides a free version for Arduino users.
Microchip
Microchip is a chip supplier in Arduino solutions providing microcontroller units, Bluetooth® Low Energy, touch sensors, and memory chips.
Murata
Murata is a key supplier of capacitors and inductors for the Arduino range of products.
NXP
NXP is an Arduino partner providing chips and software for MCUs, Bluetooth® Low Energy, motion sensors, and a variety of other chips.
OpenMV
OpenMV’s IDE is compatible with Arduino boards, providing an easy way into computer vision & AI/ML algorithms out of the box.
Raspberry Pi
Raspberry Pi is an ecosystem partner and chip supplier for the latest Arduino Nano RP2040 Connect.
Segger
Segger manufactures low-cost debugging tools. We distribute Segger products & use their firmware in some boards.
ST
ST is a partner and supplier for chips for microcontroller units, security, motion sensors, and a variety of other chips.
Syntiant
Syntiant is a key partner and supplier of Neural Processors for embedded applications for sensor and speech data intelligence.
Thales
Thales is a partner that provides cyber security connecting devices.
u-blox
Ublox is a key supplier of modules and chips for location and connectivity in Arduino solutions.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 45 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
  • Haha
  • Wow

Diogenese

Top 20

Sounds like they could use Talnode-Si.

Reactions: 3 users

Damo4

Regular
This guy looks like he's keen to be the first cab off the rank.

View attachment 31001

I believe the car's name was Chase and was a boy....
Top 3 episodes along with the lady who fell in love with the Golden Gate bridge and the other one who had the old themepark ride.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
This guy looks like he's keen to be the first cab off the rank.

View attachment 31001
Silence is not consent. I hope the police act quickly and do not engage in victim shaming. At least the photographer did not include the number plate so the victim can remain somewhat anonymous.

• Haha

Steve10

Regular
Everything starts with a development kit. BRN has sold out of Rasberry Pi kits & has one Shuttle PC kit.

Qualcomm mentions kits are to start prototyping innovations & shorten path to productivity.

Akida™ Development Kit - Raspberry Pi - Limited Availability​

Sold out

1677735410844.png

Akida™ Development Kit - Shuttle PC​

$9,995.00

1 item left

1677735783470.png

Akida™ PCIe Board​

$499.00

1677735837991.png

Snapdragon® 8 Gen 2 Mobile Hardware Development Kit​

A product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.

1677735510677.png

Start prototyping your next round of innovations in AI, game play, image/video capture and Wi-Fi 7 on the Snapdragon® 8 Gen 2 mobile hardware development kit (HDK). It’s a comprehensive, expandable kit for developing and evaluating on the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Mobile Platform.

Then a year or so later new products start being released. Vivo X90 would have commenced with a Snapdragon 8 Gen2 development kit.

Qualcomm Innovators Development Kit​

A Product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.

1677735967983.png

To help shorten the path to productivity with Snapdragon® platforms, the Qualcomm® Innovators Development Kit is designed to provide a package of hardware, software, and customer support for developers interested in working with our premium SoCs.

BRN will be the same. Only a matter of time now.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
Top Bottom