BRN Discussion Ongoing

cosors

👀
Geez! I would have thought having a new addition to the BOD of this high a calibre would warrant an ASX Announcement. Wonders will never cease...

View attachment 30901
And then in a staff position, wow!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Hi All. If I see correctly, new ASX 200 rebalancing is in March 2023 (which is this month). Do we think we keep our slot?
No, the rebalance Ann will this friday

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
I mentioned a few days ago that the government was running the change to superannuation tax rules up the flag pole despite promises to the contrary.

The present line is that it will only affect 80,000 superannuates however this is in its first year of operation.

Just like stamp duty on real estate in NSW it will not be indexed to adjust for inflation and so over time this number will greatly increase.

In the real world in which we all live someone today commencing work at the age of 20 years will have about 40+ years before they enter retirement. The implications for a ceiling of $3 million over 40 years can be evidenced by if you are an oldie like myself recalling what you paid for your first home about 45 years ago. In our case it was $38,000. It came on the market two or three years ago now and I noticed that the owners were then asking over $900,000.

Some here will not have given much thought to their retirement but the following graph using Monte Carlo calculations suggests that having $2 million in superannuation today and wanting to have an annual pension of $84,000 based on average returns will give you only a 30% chance of your $2 million lasting until your average life expectancy:

Chart showing the probability of $2 million lasting throughout retirement based up different monthly income needs.

There are lots of these tables out there on the web but the reality is the younger you retire the more money you need to have tucked away because while $3 million might seem like a lot now in 40 + years it will be a bag of lollies.

Those retirees who retired last year would have sat down with their accountants or advisers and calculated what they needed to live a comfortable life in retirement based upon the known rules and government promises. Overnight those calculations became meaningless for 80,000 Australians.

Now before you decide that these 80,000 are all fat cats or filthy rich consider this Australia has almost 3 million small business owners providing approximately 97% of all jobs in our economy. Amongst this three million business owners are:

"Medium-scale enterprises are about 56,835 in number (employing about 20 to 199 people),"

Then ask yourself if you were one of these 56,835 medium scale business owners would you want the stress and responsibility this involves if you could not at least retire with a 100% certainty that your superannuation would see you out and give you a life style that made it all worthwhile.

On the above figures to guarantee this and have a good buffer against inflation and tax law changes you would want four or five million dollars in my opinion.

Anyway these changes will not be made until after the next election so you have plenty of time to take advice, do your numbers and complain to your local member if you feel that this proposed change might not be particularly fair or reasonable for you or your loved ones.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I believe the leftie razor gang has got wind of, that a sizable proportion of the 42000 BRN shareholders will be millionaires and billionaires in the near future and just like all stand over organizations want their cut.
Also believe that the home safe market is going to have exponential growth over the next couple of years.

Open Sesame Money GIF by Beeld en Geluid

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
An article giving an insight into where Qualcomm believe the future is heading:

"This is a significant milestone for Qualcomm AI Research as it proves that AI models can be run efficiently on edge devices without any reliance on the cloud or an internet connection."

"Our vision of the connected, intelligent edge is happening before our eyes as large AI cloud models begin gravitating toward running on edge devices, faster and faster,” adds Qualcomm. “What was considered impossible only a few years ago is now possible."

Whether Brainchip is involved here or not, great to see a big boy like Qualcomm publicly stating the future of edge devices is looking bright.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users
Not sure this has been mention.
Another patent by BrainChip recently published.
View attachment 30936

Learning 🏖 🎉🥳
Just on patents.

I don’t think anyone mentioned that the Annual Report disclosed that Brainchip has 14 granted patents with THIRTY (30) now awaiting approval/grant.

Once they start to tick over we should be getting news from Brainchip on an at least weekly basis for quite some time.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users
I believe the leftie razor gang has got wind of, that a sizable proportion of the 42000 BRN shareholders will be millionaires and billionaires in the near future and just like all stand over organizations want their cut.
Also believe that the home safe market is going to have exponential growth over the next couple of years.

Open Sesame Money GIF by Beeld en Geluid
Your gunna need a bigger safe if you want to protect your family home from a capital gains tax. 😂🤣😂🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
An article giving an insight into where Qualcomm believe the future is heading:

"This is a significant milestone for Qualcomm AI Research as it proves that AI models can be run efficiently on edge devices without any reliance on the cloud or an internet connection."

"Our vision of the connected, intelligent edge is happening before our eyes as large AI cloud models begin gravitating toward running on edge devices, faster and faster,” adds Qualcomm. “What was considered impossible only a few years ago is now possible."

Whether Brainchip is involved here or not, great to see a big boy like Qualcomm publicly stating the future of edge devices is looking bright.
Beneficial AI, Essential AI, Ubiquitous AI..

3D Dancing GIF by Space Robots ⚡

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

AARONASX

Holding onto what I've got
Just on patents.

I don’t think anyone mentioned that the Annual Report disclosed that Brainchip has 14 granted patents with THIRTY (30) now awaiting approval/grant.

Once they start to tick over we should be getting news from Brainchip on an at least weekly basis for quite some time.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I did highlight it here from Sean originally. :)

Regards 30 pending is a bloody big moat in my books, any future announcement of a patent granted should have a more and more positive growth

• Fire
  • Love

charles2

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Steve10

Regular
Reactions: 7 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
Hi All. If I see correctly, new ASX 200 rebalancing is in March 2023 (which is this month). Do we think we keep our slot?
Rebalance Notification of the Changes in the ASX200 will occur tomorrow (friday 3rd march)
I think our time in the ASX200 has come to an end.

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users
Doubt that Prophesee or Qualcomm would be buying BRN IP via Renesas and/or MegaChips.

Should have asked him in a scenario where Qualcomm will use Prophesee tech with BRN IP, who would need to be licenced?

It will be either Prophesee or Qualcomm.
Lots of scenarios.

Sony could licence the Brainchip IP from MegaChips a company they have had a long standing relationship with and which has a dedicated team of engineers trained in AKIDA technology.

Sony, MegaChips and Prophesee could then work together to produce the intelligent lense for Qualcomm and Apple.

Prophesee and MegaChips could work with Nintendo to produce intelligent VR headsets for gaming control.

Many different ways this could play out.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 52 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular

BrainChip Expands Its Ecosystem with Teksun to Bring the Akida Processor to Next-Generation AIoT Devices​

3/1/2023

LAGUNA HILLS, CA / ACCESSWIRE / March 1, 2023 / BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX:BRN)(OTCQX:BRCHF)(ADR:BCHPY), the world's first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP, today announced that Teksun has joined its Essential AI Ecosystem. The partnership will begin the process of incorporating BrainChip's neuromorphic technology into a broad range of AI-featured devices that demand efficient and cost-effective performance.

Teksun focuses on end-to-end IoT & AI product development and enables differentiated intelligent solutions, such as predictive and preventative maintenance in industrial applications, analytics and diagnostics for digital healthcare, automotive, and vision-based devices for security and surveillance, to name a few. The partnership between the two companies will demonstrate and proliferate BrainChip's technology through Teksun product development channels.

"Teksun is committed to innovation and dedicated to providing our customers with the most advanced IoT solutions," said Brijesh Kamani - Founder & CEO of Teksun. "With BrainChip's Akida processor, we will be able to deliver next-generation AIoT devices that are faster, more efficient, and more intelligent than ever before and not just meet, but exceed the expectations of our customers."

The Akida neural processor Al IP is an event-based technology that is inherently lower power when compared to conventional neural network accelerators. BrainChip IP supports incremental learning, on-chip learning, and high-speed inference with unsurpassed performance in micro watt to milli-watt power budgets. Among the markets that BrainChip's Essential AI technology will impact are the next generation of intelligent vehicles, smart homes of today and tomorrow, medicine, and industrial IoT.

"The Akida processor is a revolutionary computing architecture that is designed to process neural networks and machine learning algorithms at ultra-low power for edge computing applications, where resources and bandwidth are at a premium," said Sean Hehir, BrainChip CEO. "Teksun is a leader in the IoT industry, and we are confident that our partnership will enable them to deliver advanced solutions that will change the way we live, work, and interact with technology."

About BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY)
BrainChip is the worldwide leader in edge AI on-chip processing and learning. The company's first-to-market, fully digital, event-based AI processor, AkidaTM, uses neuromorphic principles to mimic the human brain, analyzing only essential sensor inputs at the point of acquisition, processing data with unparalleled efficiency, precision, and economy of energy. Akida uniquely enables edge learning local to the chip, independent of the cloud, dramatically reducing latency while improving privacy and data security. Akida Neural processor IP, which can be integrated into SoCs on any process technology, has shown substantial benefits on today's workloads and networks, and offers a platform for developers to create, tune and run their models using standard AI workflows like Tensorflow/Keras. In enabling effective edge compute to be universally deployable across real world applications such as connected cars, consumer electronics, and industrial IoT, BrainChip is proving that on-chip AI, close to the sensor, is the future, for its customers' products, as well as the planet. Explore the benefits of Essential AI at www.brainchip.com.

Follow BrainChip on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/BrainChip_inc

Follow BrainChip on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/7792006

Media Contact:
Mark Smith
JPR Communications
818-398-1424

Investor Relations:

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 110 users

Damo4

Regular

BrainChip Expands Its Ecosystem with Teksun to Bring the Akida Processor to Next-Generation AIoT Devices​

3/1/2023

LAGUNA HILLS, CA / ACCESSWIRE / March 1, 2023 / BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX:BRN)(OTCQX:BRCHF)(ADR:BCHPY), the world's first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP, today announced that Teksun has joined its Essential AI Ecosystem. The partnership will begin the process of incorporating BrainChip's neuromorphic technology into a broad range of AI-featured devices that demand efficient and cost-effective performance.

Teksun focuses on end-to-end IoT & AI product development and enables differentiated intelligent solutions, such as predictive and preventative maintenance in industrial applications, analytics and diagnostics for digital healthcare, automotive, and vision-based devices for security and surveillance, to name a few. The partnership between the two companies will demonstrate and proliferate BrainChip's technology through Teksun product development channels.

"Teksun is committed to innovation and dedicated to providing our customers with the most advanced IoT solutions," said Brijesh Kamani - Founder & CEO of Teksun. "With BrainChip's Akida processor, we will be able to deliver next-generation AIoT devices that are faster, more efficient, and more intelligent than ever before and not just meet, but exceed the expectations of our customers."

The Akida neural processor Al IP is an event-based technology that is inherently lower power when compared to conventional neural network accelerators. BrainChip IP supports incremental learning, on-chip learning, and high-speed inference with unsurpassed performance in micro watt to milli-watt power budgets. Among the markets that BrainChip's Essential AI technology will impact are the next generation of intelligent vehicles, smart homes of today and tomorrow, medicine, and industrial IoT.

"The Akida processor is a revolutionary computing architecture that is designed to process neural networks and machine learning algorithms at ultra-low power for edge computing applications, where resources and bandwidth are at a premium," said Sean Hehir, BrainChip CEO. "Teksun is a leader in the IoT industry, and we are confident that our partnership will enable them to deliver advanced solutions that will change the way we live, work, and interact with technology."

About BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY)
BrainChip is the worldwide leader in edge AI on-chip processing and learning. The company's first-to-market, fully digital, event-based AI processor, AkidaTM, uses neuromorphic principles to mimic the human brain, analyzing only essential sensor inputs at the point of acquisition, processing data with unparalleled efficiency, precision, and economy of energy. Akida uniquely enables edge learning local to the chip, independent of the cloud, dramatically reducing latency while improving privacy and data security. Akida Neural processor IP, which can be integrated into SoCs on any process technology, has shown substantial benefits on today's workloads and networks, and offers a platform for developers to create, tune and run their models using standard AI workflows like Tensorflow/Keras. In enabling effective edge compute to be universally deployable across real world applications such as connected cars, consumer electronics, and industrial IoT, BrainChip is proving that on-chip AI, close to the sensor, is the future, for its customers' products, as well as the planet. Explore the benefits of Essential AI at www.brainchip.com.

Follow BrainChip on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/BrainChip_inc

Follow BrainChip on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/7792006

Media Contact:
Mark Smith
JPR Communications
818-398-1424

Investor Relations:

Thanks Doz.
Great find, I'm guessing on the Brainchip website and not yet shared on socials?

Edit: Up now on twitter:

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users
300 Engineers beavering away integrating AKIDA technology at the Edge:

A reasonably positive development.

By the way when you open the link and scroll down and down and down you will discover QUALCOMM.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 62 users

manny100

Regular
You may recall at the last podcast it was mentioned that the in the short term we were looking at revenue from Consumables and Industrial. Preventative/Predictive maintenance.
See the link below from Feb'22 concerning Renesas getting into Industrial automation/IOT applications. Huge growth is predicted.
Interesting that Renesas has just taped out a AKIDA chips.
They would not be Taping out chips without intending to use them.
Renesas Rising Beyond Automotive Into IoT And Infrastructure (forbes.com)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users
Thinking more about this email and I am left a little confused.

When Arm and Intel became partners I was so excited. Also. When all the dots joining seemed like it was a given, that the tip of the iceberg would sink from the weight of the potential customers below the watermark. Even those (potential) customers at the tip are now potential still, despite their public acknowledgement of “trialling” the tech.

So. These partners are simply collaborators in the tech until such time time that that sign an IP licence. I’m sure this has been fully known, but the severe absence of IP income is baffling.

If Arm and Intel have taken the step to publicly acknowledge “if you can’t beat the, join them” why wouldn’t they sign an IP licence. Signing the licence gives certainty of use of the IP. Until then it remains uncertain and increases risk in development cycle.

The way it stands at present, Megachips and Renesas stand to take market share from Arm and Intel unless Arm and Intel are pushing the design through these two fabs, in turn reducing their margin on their design. And therein may lay the answer. I don’t know. Can someone make better sense of all the smoke and mirror strategy.

• Thinking

Dhm

Regular
So two partnership announcements in two days. Let’s see some buyers today. But the spectre of falling out of the asx200 may make people more wary.

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users
Top Bottom