BRN Discussion Ongoing

Foxdog

Regular

View attachment 30888

Mercedes-Benz previews new MB.OS operating system​

Mercedes-Benz's new chip-to-cloud architecture is due to launch in 2024, first appearing in the third-generation CLA.

Greg Kable
Greg Kable
10:1423 February 2023
CommentIcon 0comments
ShareIcon
32shares

Mercedes-Benz previews new MB.OS operating system
View 5 images
PhotoIcon

Mercedes-Benz has provided the first details of its proprietary MB.OS operating system that is planned to be launched on new electric and petrol and diesel-engined models based on the German car maker's upcoming Mercedes Modular Architecture platform from late next year.
The new chip-to-cloud architecture will first appear on the new third-generation CLA, providing what Mercedes-Benz CEO, Ola Källenius, describes as “exceptional software capabilities”, including access to new embedded Google-based maps and services.
“We made the decision to be the architects of our own operating system. By combining this in-house expertise with a selection of partners, we will create an outstanding customer experience, from driving assistance, navigation and entertainment to integrated charging.

"MB.OS will feature full upgradeability and constant improvements,” said Källenius at the unveiling of the new system at Mercedes-Benz’s Silicon Valley-based R&D centre in Sunnyvale, California.
View 5 images
PhotoIcon

Mercedes-Benz CEO Ola Källenius
While Mercedes-Benz has conceived, designed and will produce the new architecture, its ability to integrate applications from third parties will allow customers to choose their own services, content and functions.
The partnership with Google will see Mercedes-Benz become the first car maker to develop its own branded navigation based on in-car data and navigation capabilities from the Google Maps Platform, says Källenius.

“This will give Mercedes-Benz access to Google’s real-time and predictive traffic information, automatic re-routing and more,” he says.
Additionally, Mercedes-Benz says the MB.OS will provide access to Place Details provided by Google. Included are details such as business hours, photos, ratings and reviews of over 200 million businesses and places worldwide
As well as partnering with Google, Mercedes-Benz confirms it is pursuing further collaborations with leading software and hardware companies in a move it says will ensure efficient development and rapid scaling of MB.OS.

View 5 images
PhotoIcon

Among the key development aims of the new operating system is improved smartphone mirroring and region-specific content, including music, video, gaming and office applications.
Offering full integration with electric drive systems, MB.OS is also claimed to provide more accurate range and energy usage predictions for electric models.
Mercedes-Benz also says MB.OS will play a crucial role in the planned rollout of new Level 2 autonomous driving functions tailored to urban driving, as well as a new Level 3 autonomous driving function capable of operating at speeds to 130km/h - both featuring new machine learning capabilities.

Among the partners for the new autonomous driving functions is NVIDIA, which Mercedes-Benz says provides its software, data and artificial intelligence expertise as well as its Orin system-on-chip hardware. It collaborates with Luminar for new light detection and LiDAR sensors.
A partnership with YouTube will allow drivers to view video content on the infotainment while using the Level 3 Drive Pilot autonomous driving system in countries where it is permitted.
View 5 images
PhotoIcon

The current-generation Mercedes-Benz CLA is due to be replaced in 2024
Further collaborations have been forged with Antstream for in-car gaming as well as Webex and Zoom for in-car video conferencing, says Mercedes-Benz.

The new MB.OS operating system will be able to share data across a network with 5G over-the-air (OTA) functionality, providing scope for software upgrades and new features from selected partners to be able to offered to customers.
Mercedes-Benz says it expects MB.OS to provide substantial annual revenue streams “in the high single digit billion Euro figure” by the end of the decade.

'Among the partners for the new autonomous driving functions is NVIDIA, which Mercedes-Benz says provides its software, data and artificial intelligence expertise'

I'm confused - are NVIDIA providing Merc with AI expertise or are BRN, or is it both? If it's both, as I suspect, then why doesn't AKIDA (BRN) ever get a direct mention in these releases?

Reactions: 1 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Recruiting a Technical Customer Support Director. Obviously means they are expecting revenue soon.
There's many a spliff slip between cup and lip ...

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users

White Horse

Regular
Yeah me too,
Out of the blue why would HR advertise a job posting at a different address. Not just 1 but 5 mistakes. Lol

View attachment 30914
View attachment 30909
Learning 😆😆😆
Hi Dio & Learning,
In hindsight, that fact they have been making the same mistake for more than four weeks, and then the latest for Laguna Hills. Does create credibility problems. :unsure:
:unsure::unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Steve10

Regular
'Among the partners for the new autonomous driving functions is NVIDIA, which Mercedes-Benz says provides its software, data and artificial intelligence expertise'

I'm confused - are NVIDIA providing Merc with AI expertise or are BRN, or is it both? If it's both, as I suspect, then why doesn't AKIDA (BRN) ever get a direct mention in these releases?

Same reason as ARM chips not being mentioned by Mercedes Benz. The chips are building blocks for new products. The products are mentioned, however, buildings blocks are rarely mentioned.

It's like asking a home builder, who supplied the tint in the Dulux paint? The product is Dulux paint & the tint is a building block.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users
Im just waiting for the WBT hit piece on a Friday in AFR followed by massive shorts NVX style….
Yes it will happen to WBT as well unfortunately. If there is no consistent quantity of revenue coming through to justify the SP then typically a stock on the hard rise up is going to come hard down as well. Hype and sugar hit one off announcements can only sustain a rise for so long....

As soon as BRN shows a quarterly of around 10mil revenue in it then stand back as we are starting our real commercial SP climb that will be more sustained.

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
I mentioned a few days ago that the government was running the change to superannuation tax rules up the flag pole despite promises to the contrary.

The present line is that it will only affect 80,000 superannuates however this is in its first year of operation.

Just like stamp duty on real estate in NSW it will not be indexed to adjust for inflation and so over time this number will greatly increase.

In the real world in which we all live someone today commencing work at the age of 20 years will have about 40+ years before they enter retirement. The implications for a ceiling of $3 million over 40 years can be evidenced by if you are an oldie like myself recalling what you paid for your first home about 45 years ago. In our case it was $38,000. It came on the market two or three years ago now and I noticed that the owners were then asking over $900,000.

Some here will not have given much thought to their retirement but the following graph using Monte Carlo calculations suggests that having $2 million in superannuation today and wanting to have an annual pension of $84,000 based on average returns will give you only a 30% chance of your $2 million lasting until your average life expectancy:

Chart showing the probability of $2 million lasting throughout retirement based up different monthly income needs.

There are lots of these tables out there on the web but the reality is the younger you retire the more money you need to have tucked away because while $3 million might seem like a lot now in 40 + years it will be a bag of lollies.

Those retirees who retired last year would have sat down with their accountants or advisers and calculated what they needed to live a comfortable life in retirement based upon the known rules and government promises. Overnight those calculations became meaningless for 80,000 Australians.

Now before you decide that these 80,000 are all fat cats or filthy rich consider this Australia has almost 3 million small business owners providing approximately 97% of all jobs in our economy. Amongst this three million business owners are:

"Medium-scale enterprises are about 56,835 in number (employing about 20 to 199 people),"

Then ask yourself if you were one of these 56,835 medium scale business owners would you want the stress and responsibility this involves if you could not at least retire with a 100% certainty that your superannuation would see you out and give you a life style that made it all worthwhile.

On the above figures to guarantee this and have a good buffer against inflation and tax law changes you would want four or five million dollars in my opinion.

Anyway these changes will not be made until after the next election so you have plenty of time to take advice, do your numbers and complain to your local member if you feel that this proposed change might not be particularly fair or reasonable for you or your loved ones.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Afternoon Fact Finder ,

100%.

Clarity laid bare.

More individual's need to wake up and put our alleged representative's in their place.

Regards,
Esq.

• Fire
  • Love

Foxdog

Regular
Same reason as ARM chips not being mentioned by Mercedes Benz. The chips are building blocks for new products. The products are mentioned, however, buildings blocks are rarely mentioned.

It's like asking a home builder, who supplied the tint in the Dulux paint? The product is Dulux paint & the tint is a building block.
Ok cheers, I know we've all been through this ad nauseum 👍

Reactions: 3 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
You're not the only one.:unsure:
Yep,

If someone can elaborate on who this individual was would be greatly appreciated.

I have just had three hours of deep sound immersion, and still blank.

Esq.

*Sorry forgot to put in the tunes...

Korolova - Live @ Green Valley, Brazil / 4k Melodic Techno & Progressive House Mix. 17th feb 2023.
1:60:00 ish

For the time poor...
* 40:43:00 Sweet Sensation.
*1:27:00
*1:34:00
&
*1:43:52.

Brainchip shareholders reckon thay are having a hard time , this lass can only afford 1/3 of a dress.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Fait accompli
Screenshot_2022-10-13-21-20-27-21_254de13a4bc8758c9908fff1f73e3725.jpg

My wild theory is that all things neuromorphic, bionic and battery cell technology are being embargoed until the presentations are delivered in accordance with the above vote.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 17 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
It would be a interesting comparison to see how many shorts there were back then to now. @Esq.111 are your skills up to this?
Evening Rskiff.,

No , unfortunately.

Below numbers I started to gather 19 . 8. 2021 .

Tizz a f..k fest, but thay will get burnt , and badly.

Attachments

• 20230301_190317.jpg
    20230301_190317.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 89
  • Love
  • Fire

manny100

Regular
I copied it from HC. Could be a dud job :mad:advertisement.

manny100

Regular
I don't get it. Check the linked in link below. Seems like our Company?? Been a few jobs advertised at that Address.

Reactions: 2 users

gilti

Regular
Interesting that El Toro business park is almost directly across the freeway from Brainchip and only an 8min drive to Technology Drive where
Dell EMC have an office. Coincidence ??

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Evening Gilti,

Quite funny really.....

El Toro = THE BULL.

Let the GORING commence.

* if only I could attach a giff .

Regards,
Esq.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

GazDix

Regular
I don't get it. Check the linked in link below. Seems like our Company?? Been a few jobs advertised at that Address.
Interesting that El Toro business park is almost directly across the freeway from Brainchip and only an 8min drive to Technology Drive where
Dell EMC have an office. Coincidence ??

Very true. What is also interesting is that the job is advertised as El Toro Marine Corps Air Station that is now defunct and has been turned into the 'Great Park' years ago:

Here is a map of the great park and how close it is to Dell:

Great Park.png

Why would we advertise a job in a defunct Marine Base that is now Great Park which looks like a really nice place to take the kids?
I guess if you get accepted, you may be sent to the Dell office or work on really cool high tech playground equipment. Nice either way.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
My Intel has me being informed that Brainchip has leased this address in anticipation of storing a shit load of dollars .

I’m not sure if it’s true , apparently Peter , Rob , Sean & Anil had been seen hiring a truck each from budget & loading 25 safes ( see photo ) into each truck .

As always please DYOR

Attachments

• BC65AFAC-4948-4D81-A87B-D061425CA477.png
    BC65AFAC-4948-4D81-A87B-D061425CA477.png
    9.7 MB · Views: 66
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

manny100

Regular
Evening Gilti,

Quite funny really.....

El Toro = THE BULL.

Let the GORING commence.

* if only I could attach a giff .

Regards,
Esq.
Good pick up. El Toro a bull = maybe a buy signal? Hoping anyway.
Obviously ran out of office space and leased additional rooms
At least we know they are serious about getting sales moving.
I did not see these advertisements on the BRN open positions page.
I did not see reference to this new address on their website either. Its not listed in the FAQ area on the website under " Where is BrainChip Holdings Ltd. located?"

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

manny100

Regular
Very true. What is also interesting is that the job is advertised as El Toro Marine Corps Air Station that is now defunct and has been turned into the 'Great Park' years ago:

Here is a map of the great park and how close it is to Dell:

View attachment 30927

Why would we advertise a job in a defunct Marine Base that is now Great Park which looks like a really nice place to take the kids?
I guess if you get accepted, you may be sent to the Dell office or work on really cool high tech playground equipment. Nice either way.
According to Wikipedia part of the area was rezoned for residential and commercial development.

Reactions: 2 users
Top Bottom