BRN Discussion Ongoing

IloveLamp

Top 20
300 Engineers beavering away integrating AKIDA technology at the Edge:

A reasonably positive development.

By the way when you open the link and scroll down and down and down you will discover QUALCOMM.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Screenshot_20230302_084608_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
PARTNERS OF TEKSUN , QUALCOMM..... THE plot thickens. This will keep BRAVO busy today!!!!!!!

Our Partners​

qualcomm_logo

workato_logo

quectel_logo

reve-automation_logo

qualtico_logo

tekt_logo

robocrat_logo

teksun_infosys_logo

qepr_logo

tlab_group_logo

eyc_labs_logo

tektron_logo

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 43 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
PARTNERS OF TEKSUN , QUALCOMM..... THE plot thickens. This will keep BRAVO busy today!!!!!!!

Our Partners​

qualcomm_logo

workato_logo

quectel_logo

reve-automation_logo

qualtico_logo

tekt_logo

robocrat_logo

teksun_infosys_logo

qepr_logo

tlab_group_logo

eyc_labs_logo

tektron_logo
See the post above from Ilovelamp
Qualcomm and Valeo parternship too.

• Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Lex555

Regular
Thinking more about this email and I am left a little confused.

When Arm and Intel became partners I was so excited. Also. When all the dots joining seemed like it was a given, that the tip of the iceberg would sink from the weight of the potential customers below the watermark. Even those (potential) customers at the tip are now potential still, despite their public acknowledgement of “trialling” the tech.

So. These partners are simply collaborators in the tech until such time time that that sign an IP licence. I’m sure this has been fully known, but the severe absence of IP income is baffling.

If Arm and Intel have taken the step to publicly acknowledge “if you can’t beat the, join them” why wouldn’t they sign an IP licence. Signing the licence gives certainty of use of the IP. Until then it remains uncertain and increases risk in development cycle.

The way it stands at present, Megachips and Renesas stand to take market share from Arm and Intel unless Arm and Intel are pushing the design through these two fabs, in turn reducing their margin on their design. And therein may lay the answer. I don’t know. Can someone make better sense of all the smoke and mirror strategy.
Patience is the hardest thing when investing

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

chapman89

Founding Member
Am I reading this right? One of their products used to use Qualcomm for their AI processing power….but now they want to implement akida 😉
When Qualcomm find out why, they’ll be scratching their heads and asking them why. So Teksun will say “well we have Brainchips neuromorphic AI accelerator which does x y x, then Qualcomm will say oh ok, then Qualcomm look into akida (which I’m sure they’re aware anyway) and then Qualcomm pick up the phone and say “hey Brainchip, let’s partner and work together”
Anyway I’m just dreaming.

1B38753B-314E-45DE-8DAE-F5822E24CE14.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 72 users

Damo4

Regular
Man, the web of connections between our partners is becoming hard to comprehend.
I can't wait to see what happens!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode
Says it all really.

"Teksun is committed to innovation and dedicated to providing our customers with the most advanced IoT solutions," said Brijesh Kamani - Founder & CEO of Teksun. "With BrainChip's Akida processor, we will be able to deliver next-generation AIoT devices that are faster, more efficient, and more intelligent than ever before and not just meet, but exceed the expectations of our customers."

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 56 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
See the post above from Ilovelamp
Qualcomm and Valeo parternship too.
Excited Fran Healy GIF by Travis

Surely with all the amazing news we are hearing ... This Bulging Brainchip capsule has to give Sooooooon!! 🙏🙏🤞:love:

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 21 users

Steve10

Regular
Lots of scenarios.

Sony could licence the Brainchip IP from MegaChips a company they have had a long standing relationship with and which has a dedicated team of engineers trained in AKIDA technology.

Sony, MegaChips and Prophesee could then work together to produce the intelligent lense for Qualcomm and Apple.

Prophesee and MegaChips could work with Nintendo to produce intelligent VR headsets for gaming control.

Many different ways this could play out.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Prophesee already have the metavision sensor from Sony. The metavision sensor will be installed in phones with Qualcomm's Snapdragon SoC.

Qualcomm's SoC will require a processor for the Prophesee metavision sensor. Will either be an in-house Qualcomm processor as has been mentioned here and/or SynSense (unlikely) or Akida (likely).

Another way around it is for the foundry to have the licence agreement.

Reactions: 16 users

When Arm and Intel became partners I was so excited. Also. When all the dots joining seemed like it was a given, that the tip of the iceberg would sink from the weight of the potential customers below the watermark. Even those (potential) customers at the tip are now potential still, despite their public acknowledgement of “trialling” the tech.

So. These partners are simply collaborators in the tech until such time time that that sign an IP licence. I’m sure this has been fully known, but the severe absence of IP income is baffling.

If Arm and Intel have taken the step to publicly acknowledge “if you can’t beat the, join them” why wouldn’t they sign an IP licence. Signing the licence gives certainty of use of the IP. Until then it remains uncertain and increases risk in development cycle.

The way it stands at present, Megachips and Renesas stand to take market share from Arm and Intel unless Arm and Intel are pushing the design through these two fabs, in turn reducing their margin on their design. And therein may lay the answer. I don’t know. Can someone make better sense of all the smoke and mirror strategy.
I personally cannot make sense of it because it is possible to legally enter an IP licence with ARM/Intel Foundries in such a manner as to not require an announcement on the ASX.

For example ARM & Intel could enter an IP licence agreement where the payment of the licence fee was to occur as part of royalties on any product they may in the end sell a customer.

TSMC has a library of IP some of which it developed, some of which it bought out right and some of which it licences from third parties. It just sits there until a customer wants to build a chip and requires design assistance and then TSMC reaches into the IP library to find what is needed.

Now taking this model both ARM and Intel could operate on the same basis and as no income is attached and no numbers for future sales are known there is nothing requiring an ASX announcement hence the press release and the entries on Brainchip’s website.

Then later acknowledgment in the 4C, half yearly and Annual Reports.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Prophesee already have the metavision sensor from Sony. The metavision sensor will be installed in phones with Qualcomm's Snapdragon SoC.

Qualcomm's SoC will require a processor for the Prophesee metavision sensor. Will either be an in-house Qualcomm processor as has been mentioned here and/or SynSense (unlikely) or Akida (likely).

Another way around it is for the foundry to have the licence agreement.
Yes I am led to believe legal gymnastics will be a demonstration sport at the next Olympics.

They hope to have ironed out the rules around cocaine and amphetamine use during competition by then.

😂🤣😂🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁

• Haha
Reactions: 23 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Yes I am led to believe legal gymnastics will be a demonstration sport at the next Olympics.

They hope to have ironed out the rules around cocaine and amphetamine use during competition by then.

😂🤣😂🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁
"They hope to have ironed" .... When I read that I thought you were going to say .. The table cloth! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::love::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

TECH

Regular
Nice, positive announcement by the company.

The Boards business strategy just keeps on keeping on, opening up like an umbrella, expanding to reveal the full circle.

In my opinion, to think that Renesas and MegaChips will only ever be our two Licensees that some maybe eluding to, is completely and
utterly not what our company is about, we want as many IP licenses sold as possible, and the speed at which this whole scenario is currently playing out is a little frustrating, BUT, I personally believe that things will speed up a touch when our new reference chips make themselves available.

The company has already stated that achieving this milestone, despite the fab process maybe only a third of the way through it's production process to date, shows that the Akida technology can be produced across a range of different fabs and on different platforms, in turn proving if you like that, Akida is extremely flexible and this may well be the catalyst that gets a number of our EAP's across the line to signing their own IP License.

A friend of mine has booked a meeting timeslot with Brainchip in Germany, I'll keep you posted with regards some photos of the team during the Embedded Systems Conference.

To date, the only company to state that they are currently producing a product with Akida IP embedded, is Renesas, and it has stated that they hope to bring this product to market in late 2023, so lets just keep things in prospective.

My overall opinion on the current situation.

Tech :geek:

Late Edit: I am and was well aware of the Socionext product range that was announced recently, BUT, I am clearly referring to companies that have officially been revealed as having purchased and paid for an IP License, which Renesas has, and correct me if I'm wrong here, but are planning on a mass production run, Socionext may or may not already have clients that intend to work in with Socionext to mass produce product/s, but we will only know this when an IP License is publicly revealed, maybe my understanding of that situation is totally wrong...is that all part of hiding behind an NDA, you tell me.

I haven't even looked today at the sharemarket or Brainchip's share price and it's 1:19pm AEDT, that's how relaxed I am personally with our progress to date...have a nice afternoon...Tech.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 67 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Not sure this has been mention.
Another patent by BrainChip recently published.
View attachment 30936

Learning 🏖 🎉🥳
Aw! My favourite drawing.

This is a continuation (patent of addition) of our earlier NPU patent US11468299.

BrainChip Expands Its Ecosystem with Teksun to Bring the Akida Processor to Next-Generation AIoT Devices​

3/1/2023

LAGUNA HILLS, CA / ACCESSWIRE / March 1, 2023 / BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX:BRN)(OTCQX:BRCHF)(ADR:BCHPY), the world's first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP, today announced that Teksun has joined its Essential AI Ecosystem. The partnership will begin the process of incorporating BrainChip's neuromorphic technology into a broad range of AI-featured devices that demand efficient and cost-effective performance.

Teksun focuses on end-to-end IoT & AI product development and enables differentiated intelligent solutions, such as predictive and preventative maintenance in industrial applications, analytics and diagnostics for digital healthcare, automotive, and vision-based devices for security and surveillance, to name a few. The partnership between the two companies will demonstrate and proliferate BrainChip's technology through Teksun product development channels.

"Teksun is committed to innovation and dedicated to providing our customers with the most advanced IoT solutions," said Brijesh Kamani - Founder & CEO of Teksun. "With BrainChip's Akida processor, we will be able to deliver next-generation AIoT devices that are faster, more efficient, and more intelligent than ever before and not just meet, but exceed the expectations of our customers."

The Akida neural processor Al IP is an event-based technology that is inherently lower power when compared to conventional neural network accelerators. BrainChip IP supports incremental learning, on-chip learning, and high-speed inference with unsurpassed performance in micro watt to milli-watt power budgets. Among the markets that BrainChip's Essential AI technology will impact are the next generation of intelligent vehicles, smart homes of today and tomorrow, medicine, and industrial IoT.

"The Akida processor is a revolutionary computing architecture that is designed to process neural networks and machine learning algorithms at ultra-low power for edge computing applications, where resources and bandwidth are at a premium," said Sean Hehir, BrainChip CEO. "Teksun is a leader in the IoT industry, and we are confident that our partnership will enable them to deliver advanced solutions that will change the way we live, work, and interact with technology."

About BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY)
BrainChip is the worldwide leader in edge AI on-chip processing and learning. The company's first-to-market, fully digital, event-based AI processor, AkidaTM, uses neuromorphic principles to mimic the human brain, analyzing only essential sensor inputs at the point of acquisition, processing data with unparalleled efficiency, precision, and economy of energy. Akida uniquely enables edge learning local to the chip, independent of the cloud, dramatically reducing latency while improving privacy and data security. Akida Neural processor IP, which can be integrated into SoCs on any process technology, has shown substantial benefits on today's workloads and networks, and offers a platform for developers to create, tune and run their models using standard AI workflows like Tensorflow/Keras. In enabling effective edge compute to be universally deployable across real world applications such as connected cars, consumer electronics, and industrial IoT, BrainChip is proving that on-chip AI, close to the sensor, is the future, for its customers' products, as well as the planet. Explore the benefits of Essential AI at www.brainchip.com.

Follow BrainChip on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/BrainChip_inc

Follow BrainChip on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/7792006

Media Contact:
Mark Smith
JPR Communications
818-398-1424

Investor Relations:
Just one of Teksun's products:

https://teksun.com/solution/tejas-625-edge-ai-camera/

TEJAS 625 EDGE AI CAMERA

The Teksun TEJAS 625 Edge AI Camera, a high-end camera with state-of-art firmware and excellent hardware specifications. It is easy to mount on the wall and pole.

Overview

The only AI-powered LTE camera on the market, the Teksun TEJAS 625 Edge AI Camera runs on a self-sustainable power source of a 9 Watt Solar Panel and 3A500 mh Battery, coupled with dual Wi-Fi & LTE capabilities.

It has a Qualcomm 625 high-speed SoC with a 2GHz octa-core CPU, a dedicated GPU for performing AI algorithms on the Edge, 2GB DDR3 memory, and 256GB of onboard storage to run several high-end applications.

Teksun Tejas EDGE Artificial Intelligence camera supports various Teksun’s proprietary Telep IPs of hardware-agnostic AI edge algorithms, including Teksun Telep Fire & Smoke Detection, Teksun Telep Fall detection, Teksun Telep Safety Gear Detection, Teksun Telep Intrusion Detection, Teksun Telep Occupancy Detection, Teksun Telep Activity Recognition, Teksun Telep NLP, Teksun Telep body Skeleton based gesture recognition and many more

Plenty of scope for improvement.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 47 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Reactions: 16 users

manny100

Regular

Renesas has taped out chips and has a licence.
They are now into industrial automation and IOT.
AKIDA chips can be used for Industrial maintenance prediction..
At the last podcast it was said shorter term we will see revenue from consumables and industrial.
So it's seems on the way soon with Renesas.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 24 users

Damo4

Regular
For those more in the know, what do we expect to be the next step from Renesas regarding their recent Tapeout?
I was under the impression that the Tapeout included testing, however I'm not sure if that means general functionality testing, or process testing regarding the wafer.

Will the chip they create undergo a series of Engineering samples similar to our AKD1000 when it first emerged?
Also is this an indication of an existing customer purchase or is it more likely Renesas creating a something they will market later?

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I personally cannot make sense of it because it is possible to legally enter an IP licence with ARM/Intel Foundries in such a manner as to not require an announcement on the ASX.

For example ARM & Intel could enter an IP licence agreement where the payment of the licence fee was to occur as part of royalties on any product they may in the end sell a customer.

TSMC has a library of IP some of which it developed, some of which it bought out right and some of which it licences from third parties. It just sits there until a customer wants to build a chip and requires design assistance and then TSMC reaches into the IP library to find what is needed.

Now taking this model both ARM and Intel could operate on the same basis and as no income is attached and no numbers for future sales are known there is nothing requiring an ASX announcement hence the press release and the entries on Brainchip’s website.

Then later acknowledgment in the 4C, half yearly and Annual Reports.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Having Akida IP in the Intel/ARM ecosystem is not the same as Intel/ARM being a licencee of the Akida IP.

The partnership does not mean that Intel/ARM will be producing SoCs containing Akida IP on their own behalf.

One possible scenario is that Intel/ARM offer Akida IP as an option to customers and the customer chooses the Akida IP as part of a custom SoC including an Intel/ARM processor, with the customer being the licencee of the Akida IP as an alternative to Intel/ARM having an umbrella licence.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 28 users

skutza

Regular
Nice, positive announcement by the company.

The Boards business strategy just keeps on keeping on, opening up like an umbrella, expanding to reveal the full circle.

In my opinion, to think that Renesas and MegaChips will only ever be our two Licensees that some maybe eluding to, is completely and
utterly not what our company is about, we want as many IP licenses sold as possible, and the speed at which this whole scenario is currently playing out is a little frustrating, BUT, I personally believe that things will speed up a touch when our new reference chips make themselves available.

The company has already stated that achieving this milestone, despite the fab process maybe only a third of the way through it's production process to date, shows that the Akida technology can be produced across a range of different fabs and on different platforms, in turn proving if you like that, Akida is extremely flexible and this may well be the catalyst that gets a number of our EAP's across the line to signing their own IP License.

A friend of mine has booked a meeting timeslot with Brainchip in Germany, I'll keep you posted with regards some photos of the team during the Embedded Systems Conference.

To date, the only company to state that they are currently producing a product with Akida IP embedded, is Renesas, and it has stated that they hope to bring this product to market in late 2023, so lets just keep things in prospective.

My overall opinion on the current situation.

Tech :geek:
If they are the only 2 that get the license then we should be buying stock in them too. What a monopoly they'd have :)

But that is the situation so we can do all the dot joining we like but currently unless they lead back to these 2 companies, there will be no revenue in it for us. The sooner people come to terms with this, the sooner they can keep an open mind on the revenue we can expect. Will this stay the same? Well I have a decent amount of $$$ to say no, but what the hell would I know. But at least I am realistic every time we have a 4c come through. 2023 will see some decent changes IMO, but it all takes time, and many are finding out how long that takes. When you have science fiction, then it takes time for others to catch up. Brainchip board waiting for others to leap into the now.

1677715756287.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
Top Bottom