BRN Discussion Ongoing

rgupta

Regular
Renesas full year report came out on Feb 9. They had some explaining to do!

Notice Concerning the Difference between Financial Results for the Year Ended December 31, 2022 and Results in the Previous Period

February 09, 2023 01:00 AM Eastern Standard Time
TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723, “Renesas”), a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, today announced the difference between its consolidated financial results for the year ended December 31, 2022 (January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022), which it disclosed on February 9, 2023, and the financial results in the previous period (January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021).
The forecasts for the above period are not based on IFRS, therefore the differences are shown as the actual figures.

1. Difference between consolidated financial results for the year ended December 31, 2022 and the year ended December 31, 2021
In millions of yen
RevenueOperating ProfitProfit before taxProfitProfit attributable to owners of parent
Year ended
December 31, 2021
Year ended
December 31, 2022
Difference506,945250,343219,581137,100137,096
Difference (%)51.0%144.0%153.9%114.5%114.7%

2. Background to the difference
Consolidated revenue for the year ended December 31, 2022 was 1,500.9 billion yen, a 51.0% increase year on year. This was mainly due to a sales increase effect from the consolidation of Dialog Semiconductor Plc acquired on August 31, 2021 and yen depreciation, in addition to an increase in revenue in the Automotive Business supported by continued growth in semiconductor contents per vehicle as well as an increase in revenue in the Industrial/Infrastructure/IoT Business from demand expansion in the infrastructure market such as datacenters.
The gross profit increased from improvements in product mix in addition to growth in revenue. In addition, the operating profit, profit before tax, profit, and profit attributable to owners of parent for the year ended December 31, 2022 significantly exceeded the results from the previous period, supported by the company’s efforts to streamline business operations.
Sorry, but how it relates to brn

Reactions: 3 users

jtardif999

Regular
Sorry, but how it relates to brn
Well I reckon if Renesas are doing well (even before we may be contributing to their bottom line with Akida based products) it can’t hurt our chances of getting further licences from them as I think they would be more likely to ramp up production and new development when they are making whopping profits. I think that with the completion of our initial products coming this year ..going into production, they will very likely be looking at what they can do next with Akida (if they aren’t already) ..the more profit they are making the bigger the ideas they will hopefully have. AIMO.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
... anyway, it looks like no one believes the ISL/Army/Akida link.
1676278911463.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 40 users
D

Deleted member 118

It's so great watching Tim Llewellyn frothing over Brainchip, his enthusiasm is infectious.
You can just tell that Akida is lighting up absolutely everything that he has been working so hard to achieve over the past 13 years.
He's so excited, that he barely seems to be able to contain himself 😁
I can't help think that Luca Verre, ( Prophesee ), is feeling a little the same !

"Tim Llewellyn is President of Bonseyes AI Marketplace. Bonseyes is an open and expandable AI platform that intends to transform AI development from a cloud centric model, dominated by large internet companies, to an edge device centric model through a marketplace and an open AI platform. Tim Llewellyn is also CEO and co-founder of Nviso, a company that provides artificial intelligence solutions."

"Tim Llewellyn started nViso October 2009"

"Tim Llewellyn is CEO and Co-founder of nViso SA. Tim has 10 years’ experience in high-tech startups and is pioneering a truly scalable emotion recognition platform to help capture and analyze the emotional response and visual attention of consumers on a scale and level of detail not previously possible. Tim received his B.E. and M.E. (Hons) degrees in Electrical Engineering from the University of Canterbury, New Zealand in 1999 and 2001. Tim was a speaker at the ESOMAR 3D Digital Dimensions 2011 conference in Miami. Prior to founding nViso, Tim worked on ultralow power wearable devices as part of the Swatch Group. In Swatch, Tim helped build the first ultra-low power Smart Watches together with Microsoft, which turned out well ahead of its time."
Did anyone notice the person that liked Tim’s post and the person that was tagged in the post

Firas Lethaus

Attachments

• C896FA66-30FC-4820-9DCC-DFD931433A58.png
    C896FA66-30FC-4820-9DCC-DFD931433A58.png
    717.9 KB · Views: 155
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

MDhere

Regular
This Mercedes driver doesn't know how to spell 😆 felt like yelling out "come on man, yr driving a Mercedes,do it proud!" 🤣
20230213_185233.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20 users

Wickedwolf

Regular
The comeuppance for Musk/Tesla in full swing.

Note Super Bowl add

Funny how Tesla don’t advertise at all but when other car companies spend millions on Super Bowl adds it drives a direct spike in Tesla internet searches.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

The Pope

Regular
I wrote to Greg following publicity surrounding Jarli in August last year. At the time they weren’t using Akida. The question now is have they had a chance to explore and implement Akida in their most recent projects

I’m going to put it out there that WSU was well and truely aware of Akida well before august 2022. There is even evidence of WSU wishing to know more on BRN via PVDM and said to let’s catch up soon. Check my previous posts linked to another tse poster enquiring to. WSU Presenter at a lecture.I suggest where there is smoke there is fire and WSU may have been testing Akida (at a minimum) well before the date you said. I feel WSU are trying to be tight lipped (don’t blame them) and WSU will not tell anymore to anyone linked to enquires because of NDA’s or similar to partners linked to WSU. Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 19 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
I note your comment that you are waiting for January 2024 to roll around before you arc up a bit ....... Personally, I am of the view that a number of positive events/news will/should eventuate just before this upcoming AGM .... like for instance an exceptionally good March quarterly 4C,.... Akida 1500 release as well as Akida 2000 update ... even possibly a new IP licence agreement ...... so as to allow Sean H and Management generally to save face and give some substance and creditability to his/their previously made statements and thus avoiding embarrassing questions raised from " Ached Up a bit s/holders " attending the upcoming AGM in May 2023.
How could we have an exceptionally good March 4C when our only revenue (currently) is from licenses and we haven't sold any in the previous 4 quarters and we are halfway through this quarter and still haven't signed one.

Unless in the next 6 weeks there are some license agreements and they pay their fees/deposit immediately, I think you may be disappointed.

Happy to hear how you think it is possible though.

• Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
New role just posted on LinkedIn by Nintendo European Research and Development (NERD) in Paris

View attachment 29416

View attachment 29415

Great find! On device inference. Megachips connection. Looking very promising.

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

MrNick

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users
This is pretty random

The temporary project manager role on LinkedIn now showing a specific location - El Toro Marine Air Station - a defunct Marine air base that had plans to be developed into a cultural hub

Be interesting to know if the base was developed and which companies are now located at that address

B55B78B0-8F39-4D60-B341-C62ED2406356.jpeg

D2D472EE-FB64-434C-9549-F295B9926422.jpeg

Check out this job at BrainChip :
https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3477795819

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 40 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Be My Valentine GIF by Gone to the Snow Dogs

Happy Valentine's to my one true love BrainChip :love:🥰😘🤩🥳😌🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
  • Fire

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Be My Valentine GIF by Gone to the Snow Dogs

Happy Valentine's to my one true love BrainChip :love:🥰😘🤩🥳😌🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️
It's a bit like marriage at the moment. Less lovin' as the time goes on. Hopefully a new license announcement drops today to bring the spark back to the relationship!

• Haha
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
It's a bit like marriage at the moment. Less lovin' as the time goes on. Hopefully a new license announcement drops today to bring the spark back to the relationship!
That was me asking for an Ann, looks like that's a solid ''No'' :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

alwaysgreen

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Xray1

Regular
How could we have an exceptionally good March 4C when our only revenue (currently) is from licenses and we haven't sold any in the previous 4 quarters and we are halfway through this quarter and still haven't signed one.

Unless in the next 6 weeks there are some license agreements and they pay their fees/deposit immediately, I think you may be disappointed.

Happy to hear how you think it is possible though.
Because we had a 1000% increase in our last 4C, so I hope that we can do that again and at least hit the Co's " break even " zone, which in my opinion will show us that the Co is moving forwards and upwards. Also, I hope that the Co will pull out all stops, with their release of Akida 1500 & maybe a positive update on Akida 2000 so as to look good at the next AGM.... another IP lic' between now and the AGM would also trigger off positive s/holder sentiment as well.

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users
Top Bottom