BRN Discussion Ongoing

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
So very bloody true @Fact Finder. I believe it is time the world stops it’s fascination with making transistors smaller, in order to get speed improvements, and looks elsewhere. And I agree that that elsewhere should be Akida.

At 3nm, transistors are only 15-times the size of a Silicon atom (0.2nm). Surely we are getting to the limits of both manufacturing and also down to sizes where quantum effects start to come into play.

I believe 28nm, or even 22nm, is a nice sweet spot for silicon to operate in. This can be produced economically by many manufacturers, and has inherent heat transfer and robustness advantages.

There is some talk about photon based transistors, which theoretically can be 20 times faster than silicon transistors employing electrons. But due to the wavelengths of light involved (1.3 micro meters —or 1300nm), the transistors necessarily are at about 100-times larger than even 22nm technology.
I just found what I think is an extremely telling image showing just how limiting the current push for making things smaller is. The image shown below is from a scanning electron microscope and shows individual carbon atoms, as found in a sheet of graphite. Each fuzzy ball is an individual carbon atom.

1676322972160.jpeg

Source https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Graphite_ambient_STM.jpg

Notice the scale on the bottom right and you will get a decent appreciation of why I think it will be quite difficult to make anything smaller than 1-2nm - especially when made out of Silicon.

Note: Silicon atoms are ~50% larger than carbon atoms (diameters of 0.222nm and 0.144nm respectively)

So although some new lithography techniques can theoretically work sub-nanometer, I expect they will have no physical materials into which they can etch. So I expect the push for speed and power improvements (using ANY physical material) are quite possibly reaching their limits and alternate ways of improving speed and power efficiency will need to be considered - bring on Akida and doing things smarter!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

GStocks123

Regular
I’ve found something big L’s & G’s- Will release after a top up this morning 😅

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 16 users

cosors

👀
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

cosors

👀
Bravo, I teased you last time, so your image back:
omg-wow.gif

🌹💖

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

cosors

👀
🤣👆🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

cosors

👀
I love our group 🤣

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

Swipe to see video

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Sorry wrong video.

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

cosors

👀
Soon comes the time for us
Snuggels.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
  • Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users

Calsco

Regular
We are sitting just below support which is at .62 which is not ideal, we are still in a downtrend as per the charts this one is on the hourly. Hoping for some news that will launch us above .68 as there are 5 areas of resistance we need to break through to buck this trend.

I ultimately feel we will hold this line until we get some good news and hopefully wont fall to the next support which is a fair bit lower. But I do always seem to have my rose tinted glasses on when it comes to Brainchip!

Let me know if you appreciate the daily chart and synopsis and I’ll keep them going.

Attachments

• 9D04802B-3D64-4D1E-8E86-43F8191B87EE.jpeg
    9D04802B-3D64-4D1E-8E86-43F8191B87EE.jpeg
    7.2 MB · Views: 49
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

Pappagallo

Regular
Because we had a 1000% increase in our last 4C, so I hope that we can do that again and at least hit the Co's " break even " zone, which in my opinion will show us that the Co is moving forwards and upwards. Also, I hope that the Co will pull out all stops, with their release of Akida 1500 & maybe a positive update on Akida 2000 so as to look good at the next AGM.... another IP lic' between now and the AGM would also trigger off positive s/holder sentiment as well.

The 1000% increase means next to nothing coming off such a low base, just as the 90% decrease (thank you Cunningbeef) in the previous 4C meant nothing.

We’re just in the boring bit right now, the orphan stage as they usually call it wrt to mining companies. In this period they’re doing studies, getting approvals and building their mine as they move towards production. Absolutely no point getting wound up by revenue figures because it’s all about what lies ahead.

Similarly we’re building our ecosystem, demonstrating use cases with technology partners and ramping up our marketing (new website, white papers, job hires galore). The development of the ecosystem is probably the most important aspect of “the build” and our team have wisely identified that Akida will not exist in a vacuum. All technology thrives in conjunction with other compatible technologies. Slowing down to speed up blah blah blah.

Building the foundations is boring AF from a shareholder perspective but it’s necessary if you want to build a big f@&king house.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 44 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
We are sitting just below support which is at .62 which is not ideal, we are still in a downtrend as per the charts this one is on the hourly. Hoping for some news that will launch us above .68 as there are 5 areas of resistance we need to break through to buck this trend.

I ultimately feel we will hold this line until we get some good news and hopefully wont fall to the next support which is a fair bit lower. But I do always seem to have my rose tinted glasses on when it comes to Brainchip!

Let me know if you appreciate the daily chart and synopsis and I’ll keep them going.
There is a thread dedicated to that. Many post there on charts

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Happy Valentine's Day Brain Fam!

32ef49d9a139f6b506f432d7376a1450.gif

Roses are red, violets are blue,
On this special day, I'm thinking of you.
You're a part of a community so bright,
Bringing joy to all with your wit and insight.
So let's raise a glass and make a toast,
To all the people that we love the most.
The Stock Exchange is where we belong,
A place where our bonds and opinions are strong.
And speaking of strong bonds, it's time to reveal,
A secret party that will be surreal.
At Bravo's place, the fun will start,
With a naked hot tub party, it's sure to be a hit from the heart.
So come on down, bring your best smile,
It's a Valentine's Day party, minus your clothes all the while.
With love in the air, we'll dance and sing,
Making memories that'll last till spring.
So happy Valentine's Day to all my friends,
I hope your day is filled with love that never ends.

B 💋

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
The 1000% increase means next to nothing coming off such a low base, just as the 1000% decrease in the previous 4C meant nothing.

We’re just in the boring bit right now, the orphan stage as they usually call it wrt to mining companies. In this period they’re doing studies, getting approvals and building their mine as they move towards production. Absolutely no point getting wound up by revenue figures because it’s all about what lies ahead.

Similarly we’re building our ecosystem, demonstrating use cases with technology partners and ramping up our marketing (new website, white papers, job hires galore). The development of the ecosystem is probably the most important aspect of “the build” and our team have wisely identified that Akida will not exist in a vacuum. All technology thrives in conjunction with other compatible technologies. Slowing down to speed up blah blah blah.

Building the foundations is boring AF from a shareholder perspective but it’s necessary if you want to build a big f@&king house.
Not so with your percentages!

Quarter : Receipts -> Percentage change
Dec 22. : $1,164,000 -> 890% increase
Sep 22. : $118,000. -> 90% decrease
June 22. : $1,230,000

A 100% decrease, reduces the value to zero. A decrease greater than 100% (for a positive number) makes the value negative.

Stating we decreased receipts by 1000% is both deceptive and very wrong.

For the previous quarter to have decreased by 1000% BrainChip would have needed to return $11,070,000 to customers.

https://thirdspacelearning.com/gcse-maths/number/percentage-decrease/

1676331523268.png

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Pappagallo

Regular
Not so with your percentages!

Quarter : Receipts -> Percentage change
Dec 22. : $1,164,000 -> 890% increase
Sep 22. : $118,000. -> 90% decrease
June 22. : $1,230,000

A 100% decrease, reduces the value to zero. A decrease greater than 100% (for a positive number) makes the value negative.

Stating we decreased receipts by 1000% is both deceptive and very wrong.

For the previous quarter to have decreased by 1000% BrainChip would have needed to return $11,070,000 to customers.

https://thirdspacelearning.com/gcse-maths/number/percentage-decrease/

View attachment 29485

Fixed. This is why I pay someone to do my tax.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
Top Bottom