BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
It
Yeah, they appear to have lumped all chips listed in the same basket. Akida only needs an external pre processor to process the initial conditions, i.e. the trained weights and other configuration. Then all processing is done within the Akida Neural Fabric.
Almost reads like NASA had trouble comprehending the autonomous nature of the Akida NN in performing inference and ML.

However, when Akida is used with a ground-up* redesign as a NN accelerator for a full-on AI enhanced CPU/GPU SoC, the ARM Cortex is superfluous and would take up precious silicon real estate because the CPU/GPU could do the configuration of Akida.

They would also strip out some of the comms interfaces to save real estate.

In a newly designed system specifically adapted for SNNs, they could also drop the CNN2SNN circuitry.

* "ground-up" as in "starting from the bottom" - not "pulverised".

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 30 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
It

Almost reads like NASA had trouble comprehending the autonomous nature of the Akida NN in performing inference and ML.

However, when Akida is used with a ground-up* redesign as a NN accelerator for a full-on AI enhanced CPU/GPU SoC, the ARM Cortex is superfluous and would take up precious silicon real estate because the CPU/GPU could do the configuration of Akida.

They would also strip out some of the comms interfaces to save real estate.

In a newly designed system specifically adapted for SNNs, they could also drop the CNN2SNN circuitry.

* "ground-up" as in "starting from the bottom" - not "pulverised".

Wow! That's EXACLTY what I thought Dodgy-Knees. The circulatory system is so discombobulated and a bit NQR, who even needs it anyway? I was nearly going to email NASA last week and tell them just that. Spooky!

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

stuart888

Regular
You would hope that BRN management have been banging down their door showing them what akida could do to improve Siri.
I guess we will never know if management have been proactive in this respect due to the NDAs
Time to Market. Crap, an uppredictable element. That is one thing frustrating Neural Nuts like us.

Here is the Mobileye CEO talking about 2016 hands free driving to the general public. Despite that, Mobileye is a total winner.

Brainchip early investors are way up, but they too got the Time to Market wrong. The early investors and holders will win in the long run.

People that are jumping on board now have a nice shot at a quicker big win, just my opinion.

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users

stuart888

Regular
Agreed AG, especially when you think about how today's Natural Language Processing models consume massive amounts of energy. Amongst one of the many benefits of neuromorphic computing is it's ability to perform complex computations with less energy consumption which is perfect for embedded systems where real-time processing is required for features like speech recognition. What's the point of having sophisticated NLP in a mobile phone if it drains your battery after an hour of usage?
Energy! 4-bits!!! (Darn, slow-ass Time to Market!!!)

There are going to be tons of winners in the AI space, Nvidia, Renesas, Google, Brainchip, SOXQ, LRNZ!

Plenty of risk/reward levels to pick from. Love my chunk in BRCHF.

Attachments

• 1676253447070.png
    1676253447070.png
    106.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

charles2

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

stuart888

Regular
Edge AI/ML Low-Power Always-On. Brainchip is a solid choice for the potential rocketship part of your portfolio.

The entire AI/Semi industry is a winner. If we somehow pick a little winner out of the pot, we will be friends for life.

1676254971569.png

Reactions: 6 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
SoundHound video 2 days ago.

Responds faster, without awkward pauses, performing speech recognition on the device without any voice data being sent to the cloud to enhance privacy, multi-modal, learns from each interaction to make personalised suggestions, etc, etc...

Seriously, who else is doing this, if it isn't us?

Screen Shot 2023-02-13 at 1.21.30.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users

stuart888

Regular
For the big picture, no commercials from a winner, explaining the logic of everything.

Other smart folks have mentioned Ciovacco Investment Weekly Update here before. Sorry cannot name them off hand.

Not for all, lots of charts and depth.

1676257289523.png

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

stuart888

Regular

Responds faster, without awkward pauses, performing speech recognition on the device without any voice data being sent to the cloud to enhance privacy, multi-modal, learns from each interaction to make personalised suggestions, etc, etc...

View attachment 29399

And we still have foundational stuff too. Beep-Beep-Spike!

For sure we need to invest in all the Event Based Camera stuff. Brainchip and Neuromorphic Camera DVS SNN smarts is a great portfolio addition.

1676257803740.png

Reactions: 3 users

TECH

Regular
Good afternoon All,

Just a friendly reminder, I believe that on Wednesday week our Annual Report will be surfacing, that's according to my information.
It's clear that Brainchip is making good progress, that is, establishing a solid ecosystem, it's become clear to me at least that, no one
company is going to dominate this neuromorphic space, including at the edge, but with us being able to survive out at the far edge,
well, that could well be another story.

I purchased another small parcel recently, but really are in a position that I believe a number of shareholders are in, that being, money
doesn't grow on trees, so as your earning capacity declines with age, well there comes a time when you have no more funds to invest,
and that's just a fact of life.

Try to remain positive, have faith in whom you have invested in, I'm patiently waiting for January 2025 to roll around, before I personally
arc up a bit.

Cheers for now...Tech :)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 62 users

Diogenese

Top 20

View attachment 29399

A few SoundHound patents:

US11295741B2 Dynamic wakewords for speech-enabled devices

US10217453B2 Virtual assistant configured by selection of wake-up phrase

US10347245B2 Natural language grammar enablement by speech characterization

The good news is that they seem to think that NNs/Wakeword spotters etc. are software, so ...

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

stuart888

Regular
Prophesee said in a LinkedIn exchange with @chapman89 that they are still in the early stages with Brainchip and do not yet have any sort of commercial agreement with us.

Snapdragon 8 is already available commercially so it can't be us right? Although it does sound like Akida is involved?? Some clarity around this would be great. If we were being used, there would surely have been some sort of announcement.
Prophesee with Brainchip boosting 200 days ago? A history of boosting together is interesting.

Not sure about QUALCOMM, but Brainchip is a player in the open-iris-camera industry.

1676263062822.png

Reactions: 11 users

MrRomper

Regular
Liked by RT. No direct link. However, more rabbit holes for some.

Reactions: 8 users
These guys seem to be kicking along in robotics.

Given spawned from AI labs, Carnegie Mellon in particular, be great if they have had some casual chats with our guys assisting with the academic accelerator there.

Could be a good fit. Not done much digging yet as to their current tech.

Nimble.ai

About Us​

_We’re creating robot AI to build the next generation of intelligent robotic fulfillment centers.
Nimble was founded from the artificial intelligence labs at Stanford and Carnegie Mellon. Nimble has raised $50M in capital from prestigious investors including Accel, DNS Capital, GSR Ventures, and Reinvent.
Our board of directors include AI luminaries Sebastian Thrun (founder of GoogleX, Waymo, Udacity, and KittyHawk; Stanford Professor; considered the father of autonomous vehicles) and Fei-Fei Li (former Chief Scientist of AI at Google and Director of Stanford's AI Lab).
Our product uniquely fuses robotics, computer vision, deep imitation, self-supervised and reinforcement learning, teleoperation, intelligent hardware design and a lot of real-time software to afford robots an unprecedented level of dexterity today, while training them to become increasingly intelligent and autonomous over time.
We embrace challenges and strive to make the impossible possible each day. We’re not in this to do what’s easy or to be mediocre. We want to create something legendary and leave our mark on the world. We’re ambitious, we’re gritty, we’re humble, we’re passionate overachievers and we’re relentlessly resourceful in pursuit of our goals. If this sounds like you, please apply!

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Xray1

Regular
Good afternoon All,

Just a friendly reminder, I believe that on Wednesday week our Annual Report will be surfacing, that's according to my information.
It's clear that Brainchip is making good progress, that is, establishing a solid ecosystem, it's become clear to me at least that, no one
company is going to dominate this neuromorphic space, including at the edge, but with us being able to survive out at the far edge,
well, that could well be another story.

I purchased another small parcel recently, but really are in a position that I believe a number of shareholders are in, that being, money
doesn't grow on trees, so as your earning capacity declines with age, well there comes a time when you have no more funds to invest,
and that's just a fact of life.

Try to remain positive, have faith in whom you have invested in, I'm patiently waiting for January 2025 to roll around, before I personally
arc up a bit.

Cheers for now...Tech :)
I note your comment that you are waiting for January 2024 to roll around before you arc up a bit ....... Personally, I am of the view that a number of positive events/news will/should eventuate just before this upcoming AGM .... like for instance an exceptionally good March quarterly 4C,.... Akida 1500 release as well as Akida 2000 update ... even possibly a new IP licence agreement ...... so as to allow Sean H and Management generally to save face and give some substance and creditability to his/their previously made statements and thus avoiding embarrassing questions raised from " Ached Up a bit s/holders " attending the upcoming AGM in May 2023.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
I have no idea if this is good/bad/indifferent for BrainChip, but GlobalFoundries have acquired Renesas Electronics Corporation (Renesas)’s proprietary and production proven Conductive Bridging Random Access Memory (CBRAM) technology

Apologies if I’ve missed someone else posting or if it is completely irrelevant

GlobalFoundries Acquires Renesas’ Non-Volatile Resistive RAM Technology to Proliferate IoT and 5G Applications​

February 9, 2023

Technology acquisition expands GF’s portfolio and differentiated roadmap while accelerating the commercialization of memory solutions

Malta, New York, February 9, 2023 – GlobalFoundries (Nasdaq: GFS) (GF) today announced that it has acquired Renesas Electronics Corporation (Renesas)’s proprietary and production proven Conductive Bridging Random Access Memory (CBRAM) technology, a low power memory solution designed to enable a range of applications in home and industrial IoT and smart mobile devices.

The transaction further strengthens GF’s memory portfolio and extends its roadmap of embedded non-volatile memory (NVM) solutions by adding another reliable, customizable embedded memory solution that is relatively easy to integrate into other technology nodes.

Specifically, this technology will enable customers to further differentiate their SoC designs and advance a new generation of secure and intelligent devices.

“We’re committed to differentiating our technology portfolio to be the foundation of our customers’ energy efficient IoT applications today and for decades to come,” said Mike Hogan, chief business officer of GF. “With the acquisition of this innovative memory technology, GF is now playing an essential role in accelerating development of NVM solutions which will enable our customers to design the next generation of intelligent and connected devices.

CBRAM technology unleashes a new paradigm of performance and ultra-low energy use, enabling a wide range of applications, from wearable devices to smartphones, to extend the time between battery charges from hours to weeks to years in specific use cases.”

CBRAM’s low power consumption, high read/write speeds, reduced manufacturing costs and tolerance for harsh environments make it particularly suitable for consumer, medical, and select industrial applications.

In 2020, GF entered into a licensing agreement with Dialog Semiconductor, which was acquired by Renesas in 2021, to offer its CBRAM technology as an embedded, NVM option. Today, CBRAM is being qualified on the company’s 22FDX® platform, with plans to extend it to other platforms.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users
Pretty sure I saw someone posted something on Socionext not long ago but tried searching to make sure not duplicated post but can't find it.

Anyway, nice page and you'd surmise that the products contained on the same page as the BRN spiel would have something to do with Akida.

Automotive Custom SoC Technologies and Solutions​

Featuring advanced technologies in automotive display, AI, and smart sensing​

Socionext’s advanced custom solutions are designed to help OEMs and tier-one automakers achieve complete ownership of key differentiating technologies with an added competitive edge.
These custom SoCs enable a wide range of applications, including ADAS sensors, central computing, networking, in-cabin monitoring, satellite connectivity, and infotainment.
Socionext automotive custom soc

Key Strengths:​

• Leading Edge Process Technology
  • Mixed Signal IP & SoC Development
  • RF-CMOS Design & Integration
  • High-Performance CPU Platform Design
  • High-Speed Interface IP Development
  • Advance Packaging Technology, Low power, high speed, and large-scale design expertise

Design and Development:​

• High core count CPU subsystem development
  • Safety Island, System Management, and Secure Boot
  • High Performance interconnect (NIC/NOC)
  • ISP, GPU & NNA acceleration for power/performance optimization
  • High-speed interfaces for chip-to-chip communication
  • High-speed networking & peripheral interfaces
  • Integrated user hardware function for product differentiation
  • High bandwidth memory interfaces
  • Emulation & prototyping for reduced development time, early performance evaluation & early software development
Quality and Reliability:
quality-reliability.png

Smart Display Controller for Automotive Remote Display​

Socionext's highly integrated ISO26262-certified SC1721/ SC1722/ SC1723 Series Graphics Display Controllers feature built-in safety mechanisms that enable error-free, safety-critical content to meet the safety standards required by today’s multi-display cockpit applications.

Collateral​

Low Power 60GHz RF CMOS Radar Sensors with Embedded Sensing Engine and Built-in Antenna for In-Cabin Monitoring​

Socionext has created a variety of smart RADAR solutions, including 24GHz and 60GHz, and has developed a roadmap showcasing future technologies.
The Socionext 60GHz RF CMOS sensor has features and capabilities to support multiple in-cabin uses, including seat occupancy monitoring, child presence detection, and theft prevention

Collateral​

Advanced AI Solutions for Automotive​

Socionext has partnered with artificial intelligence provider BrainChip to develop optimized, intelligent sensor data solutions based on Brainchip’s Akida® processor IP.
BrainChip’s flexible AI processing fabric IP delivers neuromorphic, event-based computation, enabling ultimate performance while minimizing silicon footprint and power consumption. Sensor data can be analyzed in real-time with distributed, high-performance and low-power edge inferencing, resulting in improved response time and reduced energy consumption.

Socionext's partner - Brainchip's Videos & Links​

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

Pappagallo

Regular
I note your comment that you are waiting for January 2024 to roll around before you arc up a bit ....... Personally, I am of the view that a number of positive events/news will/should eventuate just before this upcoming AGM .... like for instance an exceptionally good March quarterly 4C,.... Akida 1500 release as well as Akida 2000 update ... even possibly a new IP licence agreement ...... so as to allow Sean H and Management generally to save face and give some substance and creditability to his/their previously made statements and thus avoiding embarrassing questions raised from " Ached Up a bit s/holders " attending the upcoming AGM in May 2023.

January 2025 (not 2024).

I think that’s a reasonable timeframe. It aligns pretty well with the release of the next generation products coming from Valeo and Mercedes. So we should see some royalties there in addition to the streams from Renesas and MegaChips. Socionext looks likely too.

It also allows enough time for more EAPs to come out of the woodwork and for the ecosystem partnerships with ARM, Intel, SiFive etc to bear some fruit too.

We’ll have a pretty good idea of how our goal of “broad adoption” is going by then.

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Pretty sure I saw someone posted something on Socionext not long ago but tried searching to make sure not duplicated post but can't find it.

Anyway, nice page and you'd surmise that the products contained on the same page as the BRN spiel would have something to do with Akida.

Automotive Custom SoC Technologies and Solutions​

Featuring advanced technologies in automotive display, AI, and smart sensing​

Socionext’s advanced custom solutions are designed to help OEMs and tier-one automakers achieve complete ownership of key differentiating technologies with an added competitive edge.
These custom SoCs enable a wide range of applications, including ADAS sensors, central computing, networking, in-cabin monitoring, satellite connectivity, and infotainment.
Socionext automotive custom soc

Key Strengths:​

• Leading Edge Process Technology
  • Mixed Signal IP & SoC Development
  • RF-CMOS Design & Integration
  • High-Performance CPU Platform Design
  • High-Speed Interface IP Development
  • Advance Packaging Technology, Low power, high speed, and large-scale design expertise

Design and Development:​

• High core count CPU subsystem development
  • Safety Island, System Management, and Secure Boot
  • High Performance interconnect (NIC/NOC)
  • ISP, GPU & NNA acceleration for power/performance optimization
  • High-speed interfaces for chip-to-chip communication
  • High-speed networking & peripheral interfaces
  • Integrated user hardware function for product differentiation
  • High bandwidth memory interfaces
  • Emulation & prototyping for reduced development time, early performance evaluation & early software development
Quality and Reliability:
quality-reliability.png

Smart Display Controller for Automotive Remote Display​

Socionext's highly integrated ISO26262-certified SC1721/ SC1722/ SC1723 Series Graphics Display Controllers feature built-in safety mechanisms that enable error-free, safety-critical content to meet the safety standards required by today’s multi-display cockpit applications.

Collateral​

Low Power 60GHz RF CMOS Radar Sensors with Embedded Sensing Engine and Built-in Antenna for In-Cabin Monitoring​

Socionext has created a variety of smart RADAR solutions, including 24GHz and 60GHz, and has developed a roadmap showcasing future technologies.
The Socionext 60GHz RF CMOS sensor has features and capabilities to support multiple in-cabin uses, including seat occupancy monitoring, child presence detection, and theft prevention

Collateral​

Advanced AI Solutions for Automotive​

Socionext has partnered with artificial intelligence provider BrainChip to develop optimized, intelligent sensor data solutions based on Brainchip’s Akida® processor IP.
BrainChip’s flexible AI processing fabric IP delivers neuromorphic, event-based computation, enabling ultimate performance while minimizing silicon footprint and power consumption. Sensor data can be analyzed in real-time with distributed, high-performance and low-power edge inferencing, resulting in improved response time and reduced energy consumption.

Socionext's partner - Brainchip's Videos & Links​

Is it morphic resonance, or are they just copying me?

I was just talking about silicon footprint when suddenly Socionext mentions it, and before that I was talking about N-of-M and along comes Simon Thorpe ...

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Is it morphic resonance, or are they just copying me?

I was just talking about silicon footprint when suddenly Socionext mentions it, and before that I was talking about N-of-M and along comes Simon Thorpe ...
... anyway, it looks like no one believes the ISL/Army/Akida link.

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
Top Bottom