BRN Discussion Ongoing

Tothemoon24

Top 20
Reactions: 8 users
Did I miss this, or this is something new? Brainchip Automotive!
View attachment 29066
BrainChip Automotive brings Essential AI to the next generation of smarter cars.

In-cabin experience is improved with on-chip learning for keyword spotting, “hey car,” face recognition, driver authentication, gesture recognition, and the unique ability to combine sensory modalities, creating a roadmap for the in-cabin experience of the future. Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) focus on the automobile industry, as embedded sensors provide surrounding data that radically improve safety and pave the way for fully autonomous vehicles.

However, the amount of sensor data processed “in-car” can require significant compute and associated valuable power. BrainChip’s solution has hardware at the sensor to analyze the data in real-time and forward “inference data” to the car’s central processor. This architecture improves performance and radically reduces system-level power consumption.

Learning 🏖
Nice find mate, thanks for bringing it to the forum , I've not seen that before.
Think they made a typo though " Hey Car" should be "Hey Charger" 😉

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Screenshot_20230209-004920.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Topic posted before but Tim just made one on LinkedIn.
Screenshot_20230209-010937.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

cosors

👀
Umm, testing needs to be done after the chip is made.
I think the simulation technique is so advanced that they already know exactly what the chip will physically do later, with downward tolerance. I come from a different industry, but I think that the simulation technology for optimising and creating the model is still transferable. I don't think it's at all like when Rise has thought out everything exactly with his bread and follows the recipe exactly and then he opens the oven and - meeh.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
VVDN Technologies
VVDN Technologies
2 Std.

Get ready for an immersive experience at #MWCBarcelona2023!

Join us in Barcelona at the largest and most influential connectivity event and let's unlock the full potential of next-gen technology with our end-to-end 5G solutions simplifying your operations and modernizing your architecture at Booth No. 2C40 & Hall No. 2 from 27 Feb to 2 March 2023.

Book your appointment now to connect with VVDN's experts on-site.

#vvdntech #wemakeithappen #VVDNatMWC #innovation #technology #MWCB #MWC23 #MWC2023 #MobileWorldCongress #MWCBarcelona
1675872559783.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

cosors

👀
WoW, thanks for the tip I really appreciate it! Then maybe I could have saved some stupid questions (e.g. about the selector.)
_____
For me I have the perfect candidate for the transscript function. I sometimes find it really hard to understand Indians 😅
MosChip
https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-ongoing.1/post-236654
or this one:
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de...s-schaefer-elektrische-mercedes-teurer-luxus/

But it would take me a whole day to correct the transscript for you and make it understandable. Interesting for several groups here at TSE perhaps.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Alif Semiconductor
Alif Semiconductor
12 Min.

Attend Alif Semiconductor and Edge Impulse's very first EdgeML Seminar in Israel.

Learn how Ensemble's - the industry's first Arm Cortex-M55 & Ethos-U55 - high-efficiency processing domain is meant to be always on to sense the environment, while the high-performance processing domain wakes as needed to rapidly execute heavy workloads and returns to sleep.

Use Edge Impulse to rapidly create, train, and deploy your machine learning model onto your Ensemble device!

Register below or contact amir@edgeimpulse.com

https://lnkd.in/gcTc-Yg8

Amir Sherman

#machinelearning #artificialintelligence #ai #ml #microcontroller #semiconductor #edge #edgeml #tinyml #edgeai #edgecomputing
1675881987238.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

dippY22

Regular
I was just thinking again about something attributed to Brainchip founder and current CTO - PvdM. The comment and its significance has been rattling around in my head for months. I don't recall when he is "alledged" to have said it. I don't recall what precisely he said. It (my recollection of his words) is just a cloudy image rattling around in my head, like a re-occuring earworm, sort of. It dissappears for awhile, but then suddenly I find myself thinking about it again. Perhaps one of this forums other contributors can help me out here.

1) Did it actually happen and was it PvdM who said it? I sure think it was. This should be a relatively easy one for the 1,000 eyes.

2) When did he say it?

3) Why did he say it?

Number 3 above can be speculated about. Short of asking him directly why he said what I am remembering he said, we'll probably never know.

He has said a lot of things in the past, but two specific comments stand out for me. One is that there will be "explosive" sales. If he is a man of integrity and of good honest character, which I believe him to be, he would not say such a thing unless he believed it would be true. Unfortunately for us I don't think he said "when", however.

The second comment has to do with this recurring memory that keeps haunting me. Haunting is probably the wrong word, ....how about ruminate, ....yeah, ruminate. So what on earth do I keep ruminating about?

PvdM (I think) once said something to the effect of " ....the _____ doesn't realise or get how big of a thing this Megachips license or relationship is".
I paraphrased to the best of my memory, but I trust that many of you may be able to help me out here with what he actually said or wrote. However, I got the gist of it right I believe. Why would he say something like that?

Of all the things PvdM has said and written about, these two examples above are significant enough for me to continue to replay them in my mind, over and over again because they are incredibly important as we wait for market acceptance and recognition of our equity investment in Brainchip.
If Peter is that man of high integrity and honesty then these two comments must be true. They cannot be otherwise.

Combine that logic and Rene Haas' (ARM CEO) commentary about 3-5 year timeframes (say 4 years on average) for product conceptualization to actual production, throw in commentary from the esteemed Managing Director and Global Chief Technology Officer of Accenture - Jean-Luc Chatelain about what he see's as 2024 being a year in which the potential benefits of neuromorphic technology should help realize the benefits of artificial intelligence ,....well,.....

It really is hard for me at least to not get excited thinking about and anticipating what is to come.

With kind regards, ... dippY

My opinions only and no advice proffered. DYOR, and have a plan (hat tip to FF)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
I was just thinking again about something attributed to Brainchip founder and current CTO - PvdM. The comment and its significance has been rattling around in my head for months. I don't recall when he is "alledged" to have said it. I don't recall what precisely he said. It (my recollection of his words) is just a cloudy image rattling around in my head, like a re-occuring earworm, sort of. It dissappears for awhile, but then suddenly I find myself thinking about it again. Perhaps one of this forums other contributors can help me out here.

1) Did it actually happen and was it PvdM who said it? I sure think it was. This should be a relatively easy one for the 1,000 eyes.

2) When did he say it?

3) Why did he say it?

Number 3 above can be speculated about. Short of asking him directly why he said what I am remembering he said, we'll probably never know.

He has said a lot of things in the past, but two specific comments stand out for me. One is that there will be "explosive" sales. If he is a man of integrity and of good honest character, which I believe him to be, he would not say such a thing unless he believed it would be true. Unfortunately for us I don't think he said "when", however.

The second comment has to do with this recurring memory that keeps haunting me. Haunting is probably the wrong word, ....how about ruminate, ....yeah, ruminate. So what on earth do I keep ruminating about?

PvdM (I think) once said something to the effect of " ....the _____ doesn't realise or get how big of a thing this Megachips license or relationship is".
I paraphrased to the best of my memory, but I trust that many of you may be able to help me out here with what he actually said or wrote. However, I got the gist of it right I believe. Why would he say something like that?

Of all the things PvdM has said and written about, these two examples above are significant enough for me to continue to replay them in my mind, over and over again because they are incredibly important as we wait for market acceptance and recognition of our equity investment in Brainchip.
If Peter is that man of high integrity and honesty then these two comments must be true. They cannot be otherwise.

Combine that logic and Rene Haas' (ARM CEO) commentary about 3-5 year timeframes (say 4 years on average) for product conceptualization to actual production, throw in commentary from the esteemed Managing Director and Global Chief Technology Officer of Accenture - Jean-Luc Chatelain about what he see's as 2024 being a year in which the potential benefits of neuromorphic technology should help realize the benefits of artificial intelligence ,....well,.....

It really is hard for me at least to not get excited thinking about and anticipating what is to come.

Easy stocks down under interview

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

2) When did he say it?

3) Why did he say it?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

2) When did he say it?

3) Why did he say it?

Screenshot_20230209-054121.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 55 users

stuart888

Regular
Great thoughts on the Brainchip IP. It is amazing all the jobs (all over the world) for people with "spiking neural network" knowledge.

Sure hope those jobs experimenting, testing SNN will ultimately get commercialized with Akida. Like the Intel saga!

One would think Brainchip Akida SNN/ML Smarts would get the contract. I assume anyone going live with spiking implementations would either work with Brainchip or have a complete patent work around? This is beyond my knowledge level.

Seems like our Patent Protection Department is going to be very important. 👮‍♂️🚓🚔

1675884635109.png

1675884690801.png

Attachments

• 1675884564528.png
    1675884564528.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

2) When did he say it?

3) Why did he say it?

Sorry missed your first one.
Same interview.
Screenshot_20230209-060731~2.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

stuart888

Regular

Will Floating Point 8 Solve AI/ML Overhead?

1675885484559.png

https://semiengineering.com/will-floating-point-8-solve-ai-ml-overhead/

As part of that effort, researchers at Arm, Intel, and Nvidia published a white paper proposing “FP8 Formats for Deep Learning.” [1]

“Bit precision has been a very active topic of debate in machine learning for several years,” said Steve Roddy, chief marketing officer at Quadric. “Six or eight years ago when models began to explode in size (parameter count), the sheer volume of shuffling weight data into and out of training compute (either CPU or GPU) became the performance limiting bottleneck in large training runs. Faced with a choice of ever more expensive memory interfaces, such as HBM, or cutting bit precision in training, a number of companies experimented successfully with lower-precision floats. Now that networks have continued to grow exponentially in size, the exploration of FP8 is the next logical step in reducing training bandwidth demands.”

Precision tradeoffs
Machine learning often needs less precision than a 32-bit scheme. The white paper proposes two different flavors of FP8: E4M3 (4-bit exponent and 3-bit mantissa) and E5M2 (5-bit exponent and 2-bit mantissa).

“Neural networks are a bit strange in that they are actually remarkably tolerant to relatively low precision,” said Richard Grisenthwaite, executive vice president and chief architect at Arm. “In our paper, we showed you don’t need 32 bits of mantissa for precision. You can use only two or three bits, and four or five bits of exponent will give you sufficient dynamic range. You really don’t need the massive precision that was defined in 754, which was designed for finite element analysis and other highly precise arithmetic tasks.”
-----

They know the Brainchip Akida low bit advantage! The patent protection team better be clicking at full speed.

https://brainchip.com/4-bits-are-enough/

1675885599907.png

• Fire

TopCat

Regular
Alif Semiconductor
Alif Semiconductor
12 Min.
Attend Alif Semiconductor and Edge Impulse's very first EdgeML Seminar in Israel.

Learn how Ensemble's - the industry's first Arm Cortex-M55 & Ethos-U55 - high-efficiency processing domain is meant to be always on to sense the environment, while the high-performance processing domain wakes as needed to rapidly execute heavy workloads and returns to sleep.

Use Edge Impulse to rapidly create, train, and deploy your machine learning model onto your Ensemble device!

Register below or contact amir@edgeimpulse.com

https://lnkd.in/gcTc-Yg8

Amir Sherman

#machinelearning #artificialintelligence #ai #ml #microcontroller #semiconductor #edge #edgeml #tinyml #edgeai #edgecomputing
View attachment 29078
Cambridge Consultants, a design partner with ARM, have done some work with the M55 chip and voice activation. Be nice to be linked to them.

18548658-6028-4213-8C83-C54B995057F9.jpeg
27E9B15C-D16F-4042-A6CD-19CFB81F119C.jpeg

• Fire
  • Thinking

MDhere

Regular
The liars are out and about. The last 4C in January, 2023 was price sensitive and announced to those that only read ASX price sensitive announcements the following:

“The recently ended Quarter amplified the execution of the Company’s commercialisation for our AkidaTM neuromorphic IP by adding critical talent. BrainChip added two North American and one Korean sales executive towards the tail end of the quarter and has launched formal searches for sales talent in Germany and Japan as we aggressively pursue engagements globally. BrainChip also appointed a new Chief Marketing Officer, Mr Nandan Nayampally, to lead our marketing efforts, and appointed Ms Duy-Loan Le as a Non-Executive Director, to further strengthen the Board’s capabilities and connectivity. Both individuals have extensive semiconductor expertise and industry contacts.

Our ecosystem efforts continue to gain momentum with BrainChip joining Intel Foundry’s IFS -
Accelerator - IP Alliance, extending access to the Akida IP, and the announcement of our
attendance at the Consumer Technology Association’s CES conference alongside partners
Prophesee, Socionext, and VVDN to showcase compelling solutions on constrained edge devices,
featuring its AkidaTM processors.

In October, BrainChip announced two new patents granted by the US Patents and Trademarks
Office (USPTO), and the acquisition of previously licensed technology from Toulouse Tech
Transfer (TTT). These latest additions of technical assets reinforce BrainChip's event-based
processor differentiation for high performance, ultra-low power AI inference and on-chip learning.

In January, BrainChip completed a design with the latest Akida IP technology on a more power-
efficient and advanced technology node. This is part of BrainChip’s validation strategy to offer IP
across different processes and foundries which enables partners to have various global
manufacturing options. This reference design, which has been released to GlobalFoundries, will
enable current and prospective partners to design MCU modules or add-on cards for always-on
sensors as well as broader IoT, industrial and automotive applications. We expect our next
reference chips to be delivered in Q2 of this year.”

So where isthe failing by Brainchip. Multiple syndicated press releases, individual emails to registered shareholders and price sensitive ASX notifications. What else do investors need a white cane and talking book announcements.

There are trader manipulators, sick trolls and shorts trying to panic retail investors.
Totally agree Chapman. ive just had another push bike stolen and the caretakera cameraa will take days to watch and work out exactly which day and time as ive been away and not sure when it took place. cant wait to rig up a brainchip camera and the moment some attempts to go need it will notify me and capture THAT! My stupid mistake by not using a monster bar lock and install a gps tracker tab.
Back to u Chapman , you are dead right.

If one reads the words, there is gold in each release of info. Its up to each shareholder actually read and reread. From what i know and read I'm excited. While shorters r in play im livig on bread and butter and buying shares 🙂 each to their own methods of setting themselves up comfortably. Those that sell will buy back when they can read.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Top Bottom