BRN Discussion Ongoing

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Gender reveal fail
It's an.....orange! Congratulations you are having a fruit.

Also, I hate gender reveals. Such a self righteous act.

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users
Thank you to @Diogenese and @BaconLover , that was what I was trying to get at.

I don't doubt the technology and do have faith in the Brainchip team. Whilst I'm sure that they have done their utmost due diligence, there is that 1% chance of something not going according to plan and was interested in understanding potential contingencies, such as speed tracking the AKD2000, etc..
I didn't ask the question lightly, in vain, or in any way to undermine any one else on the forum, or cast doubt in their mind about the technology - In my time as an Engineer in the automotive industry I've seen high profile projects go pear shaped. These weren't projects/products managed & developed by any of our teams in Australia. These were lead by dream teams out of Detroit, Frankfurt & Berlin, and yet they did at times managed to get it wrong. What was important was the subsequent recovery and how quickly they could get back on track.

(To the other poster, you were wrong, I'm only 4 :) )

From my understanding of the Akida 1000 iterative process,

(1) Sample chip design ==> (2) Sample chip tapeout ==> (3) Sample chip batch testing ==> (4) Tweaks & improvements to design ==> (5) Production chip tapeout ==> (6) Production chip testing ==> (7) Production chip sale.

For Akida 1500 we're on step (2). Any errors or features not working to spec will be discovered in (3) and corrected in (4). The thing to understand is that for modern chips, before tapeout, all features of the chip would have already been tested on advanced chip design and simulation software, which would reveal any potential problems in the design of the chips, thus significant failure of the first batch is highly improbable.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
It's an.....orange! Congratulations you are having a fruit.

Also, I hate gender reveals. Such a self righteous act.
im 42 and still not sure.....

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
im 42 and still not sure.....

I'm about the same age and thought I was a male until, I read all the modern gobbledigook and I've come to the conclusion I'm a fabulous royal two-tailed unicorn whose pronouns are "Its Highness / Its Excellency" (first letters always capitalised as befitting of a royal unicorn).

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Kachoo

Regular
PVD has offered an open invitation, on linked in, to go and let him know what info you want him to share. What a great opportunity.

I hope the people don't start asking him why is BRN SP so low. 🤦‍♂️

On a positive not this makes me feel like Akida 1500 is going well and future iterations are moving along really well. If there were issues on hand I think he would not have time for networking !

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 16 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
This sounds familiar

January 17, 2023

A robot able to "smell" using a biological sensor

A new technological development by Tel Aviv University has made it possible for a robot to smell using a biological sensor.

In this new study, the researchers successfully connected the biological sensor to an electronic system and, using a machine learning algorithm, were able to identify odors with a level of sensitivity 10,000 times higher than that of a commonly used electronic device. The researchers believe that in light of the success of their research, this technology may also be used in the future to identify explosives, drugs, diseases, and more.

The biological and technological breakthrough was led by doctoral student Neta Shvil of Tel Aviv University's Sagol School of Neuroscience, Dr. Ben Maoz of the Fleischman Faculty of Engineering and the Sagol School of Neuroscience, and Prof. Yossi Yovel and Prof. Amir Ayali of the School of Zoology and the Sagol School of Neuroscience. The results of the study were published in Biosensors and Bioelectronics.

Dr. Maoz and Prof. Ayali explain, "Man-made technologies still can't compete with millions of years of evolution. One area in which we particularly lag behind the animal world is that of smell perception. An example of this can be found at the airport where we go through a magnetometer that costs millions of dollars and can detect if we are carrying any metal devices."

"But when they want to check if a passenger is smuggling drugs, they bring in a dog to sniff him. In the animal world, insects excel at receiving and processing sensory signals. A mosquito, for example, can detect a 0.01 percent difference in the level of carbon dioxide in the air. Today, we are far from producing sensors whose capabilities come close to those of insects."

Credit: Tel Aviv University
The researchers point out that, in general, our sensory organs, such as the eye, ear and nose—as well as those of all other animals—use receptors that identify and distinguish between different signals. Then, the sensory organ translates these findings into electrical signals, which the brain decodes as information. The challenge of biosensors is in the connection of a sensory organ, like the nose, to an electronic system that knows how to decode the electrical signals received from the receptors.

Prof. Yovel says, "We connected the biological sensor and let it smell different odors while we measured the electrical activity that each odor induced. The system allowed us to detect each odor at the level of the insect's primary sensory organ. Then, in the second step, we used machine learning to create a 'library' of smells. In the study, we were able to characterize 8 odors, such as geranium, lemon and marzipan, in a way that allowed us to know when the smell of lemon or marzipan was presented."

"In fact, after the experiment was over, we continued to identify additional different and unusual smells, such as various types of Scotch whiskey. A comparison with standard measuring devices showed that the sensitivity of the insect's nose in our system is about 10,000 times higher than the devices that are in use today."

Dr. Maoz concludes, "Nature is much more advanced than we are, so we should use it. The principle we have demonstrated can be used and applied to other senses, such as sight and touch. For example, some animals have amazing abilities to detect explosives or drugs; the creation of a robot with a biological nose could help us preserve human life and identify criminals in a way that is not possible today. Some animals know how to detect diseases. Others can sense earthquakes. The sky is the limit."

More information: Shvil Neta et al, The Locust antenna as an odor discriminator, Biosensors and Bioelectronics (2022). DOI: 10.1016/j.bios.2022.114919

Provided by Tel Aviv University

ga

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users
This is interesting. This extract is from an article published 9 hours ago and provides some insight into the progress of Qualcomm's new CPU processors called "Oryon" featuring Nuvia technology. Apparently they're being sampled by OEM's and exceeding expectation. The processors are set to come out in 2024, pending the outcome of a lawsuit that Arm has filed against Qualcomm.

EXTRACT
View attachment 28884

It has been stated previously that Qualcomm's Oryon would employ a custom CPU architecture based on the Arm instruction set, but it will not be an off-the-shelf Arm core architecture. Remember yonks ago Rob Telson "liked" Leendert Van Doorn's post in which Leendert talked about Arm's CPU technology being "years ahead of the competition". (see below).

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out seeing Arm has filed a lawsuit against Qualcomm for breach of certain license agreements with Arm and trademark infringement. Arm is seeking specific performance of the contractual obligation to destroy certain Nuvia designs, an injunction against trademark infringement as well as fair compensation for the trademark infringement.

View attachment 28883

@Bravo
Sorry for off-topic, completely non Akida realted, just about Qualcomm:

I'm following the news about Nuvia since before they were aquired by Qualcomm. Mainly because I thought they could potentially become a company that will put on pressure for all the x86 based chip companies and will move the energy efficiency and performance of windows based devices more in the direction of what apple has done with its M-series chips. Therefore a buyout was obvious, but I had hoped it would be AMD or Nvidia, but that's a different story ;)

As you probably know Nuvia's founders previously worked in the chip design space for Apple and Google (and various other companies). Before the dispute between ARM and Qualcomm there was already a lawsuit startet by Apple against one of Nuvia's founders.

And although I can't proove it, the whole ARM vs Qualcomm story makes the impression of a proxy-war between Apple and Qualcomm,
especially as Apple had a stake in ARM (maybe still has) as Wikiopedia provides the following information about ARM:
The company was founded in November 1990 as Advanced RISC Machines Ltd and structured as a joint venture between Acorn Computers, Apple, and VLSI Technology. Acorn provided 12 employees, VLSI provided tools, Apple provided $3 million investment.[17][18] Larry Tesler, Apple VP was a key person and the first CEO at the joint venture.[19][20]

Edit: fixed some typos

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
"Arm is the world's biggest supplier of the underlying technology for chips that power mobile phones, so with Apple and Qualcomm recently reporting gloomier-than-expected financial outlooks because of a slump in the smartphone industry, you'd expect Arm to be feeling the pain. But Arm CEO Rene Haas told Reuters that while Arm is "not immune" to the downturn, diversifying the company's business in to data center server chips and boosting its content in advanced phone chips are helping it weather the storm. Read the full Reuters piece here -"

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Getupthere

Regular
Reactions: 7 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
PVD has offered an open invitation, on linked in, to go and let him know what info you want him to share. What a great opportunity.

Oh no, why did he do that tonight! Now I'll be up all night writing huge lists of questions and I have to get up super early in the morning too!

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users
A couple of comments.

Tapeout of the AKIDA 1500 has occurred.

In electronics and photonics design, tape-out or tapeout is the final result of the design process for integrated circuits or printed circuit boards before they are sent for manufacturing. The tapeout is specifically the point at which the graphic for the photomask of the circuit is sent to the fabrication facility. (Taken from Wikipedia)

I've stated in a previous message that I believe that our customers are waiting to see the results of the AKIDA 1500 before they commit to signing contracts/deals (ie they know that a better performing chip is coming out and they want that extra functionality).

Now I'm going to ask a question that I don't want to ask. It is a hard question, that will have an equally hard answer. I say this because I've been a holder of BRN shares for the last 6 or so years, have not sold a single share over that time, and truly believe they have a tech that is unique and can change the face of compute forever (and I want them to succeed for all the reasons we talk about on these forums).

But, here is the question:
What happens if at the conclusion of the testing phase, the result is that the AKIDA1500 does not performed to the expected specification?
There is nothing wrong with you, but there is clearly something wrong with the person who has an "oat latte love" cat as their avatar and declares holdings of 98% of their portfolio in an infinite PE, stock of which most have been smashed the past 13 months.

No the only thing wrong is this person who has to write defamatory and offensive insults at someone else's honest question to feel better about themselves.. Its a shame to see you all eating your own here. Disgraceful and immature human beings attacking people in that manner.

1675856700798.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Getupthere

Regular
There is nothing wrong with you, but there is clearly something wrong with the person who has an "oat latte love" cat as their avatar and declares holdings of 98% of their portfolio in an infinite PE, stock of which most have been smashed the past 13 months.

No the only thing wrong is this person who has to write defamatory and offensive insults at someone else's honest question to feel better about themselves.. Its a shame to see you all eating your own here. Disgraceful and immature human beings attacking people in that manner.

View attachment 29048
1675857278608.jpeg

• Haha
  • Love
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?
Do you think the SP will rocket with that result?
You know the answer. I don't know how old you are or how well educated but that shouldn't be a question from a "6 years holder". Very disappointed at you.
key-and-peele-rage.gif

Why is everybody got a short fuse these days?

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

View attachment 29048
1675857857288.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
as simple as that:sneaky:
Fight Lol GIF von Amerikas lustigsten Heimvideos

• Haha
  • Love
Y'all need more ice cream in ya life.
IMG_20230208_225205~2.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Did I miss this, or this is something new? Brainchip Automotive!
Screenshot_20230208_193759_Chrome.jpg

BrainChip Automotive brings Essential AI to the next generation of smarter cars.

In-cabin experience is improved with on-chip learning for keyword spotting, “hey car,” face recognition, driver authentication, gesture recognition, and the unique ability to combine sensory modalities, creating a roadmap for the in-cabin experience of the future. Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) focus on the automobile industry, as embedded sensors provide surrounding data that radically improve safety and pave the way for fully autonomous vehicles.

However, the amount of sensor data processed “in-car” can require significant compute and associated valuable power. BrainChip’s solution has hardware at the sensor to analyze the data in real-time and forward “inference data” to the car’s central processor. This architecture improves performance and radically reduces system-level power consumption.

Learning 🏖

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 82 users
Top Bottom