BRN Discussion Ongoing

JK200SX

Regular
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?
Do you think the SP will rocket with that result?
You know the answer. I don't know how old you are or how well educated but that shouldn't be a question from a "6 years holder". Very disappointed at you.
Umm, testing needs to be done after the chip is made.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
balloon-flying-balloon.gif

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

toasty

Regular
A couple of comments.

Tapeout of the AKIDA 1500 has occurred.

In electronics and photonics design, tape-out or tapeout is the final result of the design process for integrated circuits or printed circuit boards before they are sent for manufacturing. The tapeout is specifically the point at which the graphic for the photomask of the circuit is sent to the fabrication facility. (Taken from Wikipedia)

I've stated in a previous message that I believe that our customers are waiting to see the results of the AKIDA 1500 before they commit to signing contracts/deals (ie they know that a better performing chip is coming out and they want that extra functionality).

Now I'm going to ask a question that I don't want to ask. It is a hard question, that will have an equally hard answer. I say this because I've been a holder of BRN shares for the last 6 or so years, have not sold a single share over that time, and truly believe they have a tech that is unique and can change the face of compute forever (and I want them to succeed for all the reasons we talk about on these forums).

But, here is the question:
What happens if at the conclusion of the testing phase, the result is that the AKIDA1500 does not performed to the expected specification?
I've said it before but once more for the dummies.....Peter and Anil would not have spent the time and money on taping it out if they weren't confident it was going to work...................:rolleyes:

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 51 users

Papacass

Regular
Hey JK. I’ve been around for about 6 years as well. You may remember when AKD1000 was on tbe bench we all pretty much knew what it was capable of because of the Akida development environment. When it went to silicon it exceeded expectations. I am confident the same will occur with AKD1500. Asking what will happen if it fails to deliver as expected is pointless. We all know the answer to that. I reiterate that the brains trust at BRN know how AKD will perform. They would not have gone to tape out otherwise. Cheers. Onward.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
I understand your point. I will look forward to see better and wise views from you. Please don't throw anything like "What if fails".
I just topped up all of my quarterly bonus today because I believe in BRN and the Management.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Diogenese

Top 20
A couple of comments.

In electronics and photonics design, tape-out or tapeout is the final result of the design process for integrated circuits or printed circuit boards before they are sent for manufacturing. The tapeout is specifically the point at which the graphic for the photomask of the circuit is sent to the fabrication facility. (Taken from Wikipedia)

I've stated in a previous message that I believe that our customers are waiting to see the results of the AKIDA 1500 before they commit to signing contracts/deals (ie they know that a better performing chip is coming out and they want that extra functionality).

Now I'm going to ask a question that I don't want to ask. It is a hard question, that will have an equally hard answer. I say this because I've been a holder of BRN shares for the last 6 or so years, have not sold a single share over that time, and truly believe they have a tech that is unique and can change the face of compute forever (and I want them to succeed for all the reasons we talk about on these forums).

What happens if at the conclusion of the testing phase, the result is that the AKIDA1500 does not performed to the expected specification?

Well we have to allow for that possibility because, while Anil is the King of CMOS, he would not have the same level of experience with FD-SOI.

That said, I'm confident his experience, dedication, and meticulousness will win through - that and the FD-SOI experts he engages. Engineers understand theoretical limits and safety factors.

The design will have been thoroughly tested by simulation before tape-out commenced.

In the unlikely event that it is not 100%, an autopsy will find the problem and it will work the second time around.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 59 users
To be fair though.

You bench test the shit outta something and show that it works and that in theory moving to a physical implementation should produce the same.

However, couple of known variables in the 1500 that need to be considered.

(We don't fully understand any other potential variable / enhanced capability impacts in the design yet).

So...

22nm not 28nm and FDSOI vs CMOS.

Doesn't mean will be issues at all, just means that it's not proven physically as yet until Fab'd imo.

That should be a milestone Ann imo once confirmed working as designed.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users
A couple of comments.

Well this is quite a pointless, rhetorical question as we all know the answer would not be good for any business to have an unsatisfactory product.

I would ask you to look back at Brainchip’s history and ask yourself if you truly think it will be a one off that Peter and Anil created a more than satisfactory product.

"Aliso Viejo, Calif. – 8 November, 2021BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN), (OTCQX: BCHPY), a leading provider of ultra-low power, high-performance artificial intelligence technology and the world’s first commercial producer of neuromorphic AI chips, today confirmed that functionality and performance testing of the AKD1000 production chips has been completed, which showed better performance than the original engineering samples.

As part of the continued development of its Akida™ Neuromorphic System-on-Chip (NSoC), BrainChip tested a production version of its AKD1000 chip with several neural network applications, including object classification, keyword spotting and spiking neural networks.
The improved performance and lower power consumption results were achieved through a better layout and some minor design changes to the design, which were recognized after previous testing of earlier engineering samples."

Can I ask why after 6 years of belief in Brainchip, you suddenly feel like Akida won't measure up?

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Well this is quite a pointless, rhetorical question as we all know the answer would not be good for any business to have an unsatisfactory product.

I would ask you to look back at Brainchip’s history and ask yourself if you truly think it will be a one off that Peter and Anil created a more than satisfactory product.

"Aliso Viejo, Calif. – 8 November, 2021BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN), (OTCQX: BCHPY), a leading provider of ultra-low power, high-performance artificial intelligence technology and the world’s first commercial producer of neuromorphic AI chips, today confirmed that functionality and performance testing of the AKD1000 production chips has been completed, which showed better performance than the original engineering samples.

As part of the continued development of its Akida™ Neuromorphic System-on-Chip (NSoC), BrainChip tested a production version of its AKD1000 chip with several neural network applications, including object classification, keyword spotting and spiking neural networks.
The improved performance and lower power consumption results were achieved through a better layout and some minor design changes to the design, which were recognized after previous testing of earlier engineering samples."

Can I ask why after 6 years of belief in Brainchip, you suddenly feel like Akida won't measure up?

I don't think it's his disbelief.

From his question, (as I understand) he was trying to know the process of "what if" such a scenario were to occur.

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 64 users

cassip

Regular
Tweed of BMW one day ago:

"As for the rest of BMW’s new lineup, such as the 7 Series and upcoming 5 Series, there’s going to be an iDrive 8.5 that replaces the current iDrive 8. But don’t fret. The user of interface of iDrive 8.5 is identical to iDrive 9. Why do the flagship models only get iDrive 8.5, while the entry-level X1 and X2 get iDrive 9? It has to do with the basic coding platforms each car uses.
Cars like the BMW 7 Series, 5 Series, and most other BMW models have Linux-based systems, while the new X1, X2, and future MINIs have Android-based systems. So the updated iDrive systems have to be slightly different to work with each system. However, both iDrive 8.5 and iDrive 9 will look identical and have the same user interface. The only differences between the two will be functionality, as iDrive 8.5 will lack some of the features that are available on iDrive 9. For instance, iDrive 9 will get an app store, while iDrive 8.5 won’t.

While BMW is heavily updating its iDrive for this new generation, it’s still going to be mostly touchscreen base. In the case of the X1, it’s entirely touchscreen-based, which is sure to upset some fans (myself included). However, BMW plans on advanced voice recognition bcoming the main form of interaction with iDrive, for better or worse."

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
I’ve come across a app called Tech Xplore
First week is free , if you wish to continue its $1.38 per month .
Endless amounts of information

Attachments

• AF63ECD9-7C35-492A-93D7-11F470B5AC9E.png
    AF63ECD9-7C35-492A-93D7-11F470B5AC9E.png
    593.8 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: 5 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
WBT now $1B MC & BRN now $1.13B MC.

BRN is a few years ahead of WBT who recently taped out their chip.

BRN also has many big companies as partners.

BRN heavily shorted whereas WBT is not.

Is WBT expensive or is BRN inexpensive?
WBT's product is simply much more well understood than Brainchip's.

Everyone already knows where RAM and FLASH memory are currently used and what it does. They can easily see that the far superior ReRAM can easily be swapped in its place and hence they can see value in ReRAM and Weebit.

On the other hand, very few truly understand the advantages offered by Akida and struggle to see its value.

Implementations using ReRAM will not suffer a development cycle and subsequent lag in getting to market, unlike products employing Akida which will take years to come to market. I also expect less (even zero) NDAs for Weebit customers. Except those maybe using ReRAM for novel products and with advantage over competitors.

IMHO, and note this is ONLY my opinion even as honest as it can be, I believe time will show that both companies are EXTREMELY undervalued. They both have a lot of room to grow, and grow they both will. They each have HUGE TAMs—large enough to allow many competitors even.

Also IMHO, Weebit's ReRAM doesn't have as wide a moat as Brainchip's Akida. Other ReRAM offerings already exist. Weebit will probably market their offering as a viable alternative to ReRAM from the big players, such as TSMC. But I do believe Weebit have a bit of a moat with their selector, which they are still trying to improve.

And note: Weebit is currently forming some huge partnerships. Players will be knocking down the doors on both companies soon.

And as a final say: many on this forum would already be aware of my efforts to get Weebit and Brainchip into a partnership. If that happens, their growth will feed off, and self-promote, each other.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

cosors

👀
Coby touched on this at the meet and greet. Don't quote me but I think he said that it was a long term goal.

EDIT: How good is Youtube transcript feature! Here are his exact words (complete with um's) :ROFLMAO::

"if you look at further in terms of the AI neuromorphic stuff there's a question that's coming around is there any update on the research that's been undertaken in that space. Um there's ongoing work uh you know talking about short and Midterm I always said that's the longer term that's uh not something that's really anywhere in in the near term so there is work going on with these research institutes there's progress being made um but it's right now we're so swamped with the short term with getting um getting these uh initial Fab agreements customer agreements".
WoW, thanks for the tip I really appreciate it! Then maybe I could have saved some stupid questions (e.g. about the selector.)
_____
For me I have the perfect candidate for the transscript function. I sometimes find it really hard to understand Indians 😅
MosChip
https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-ongoing.1/post-236654

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
Real-time intelligent fusion service, forklift-assist program could enhance warehouse efficiency, safety

Anna Akins February 7, 2023
Real-time intelligent fusion service, forklift-assist program could enhance warehouse efficiency, safety
A photo showing how GTRI's Real-Time Intelligent Fusion Service would appear to a forklift driver. By giving warehouse workers real-time information about everything going on in the warehouse, RIFS could help reduce the risk of accidents and streamline efficiencies. Credit: Stephen Balakirsky, GTRI
Although warehouses are vital to the success of many organizations, they can also be dangerous to workers and inefficient.

The Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) is working to solve this challenge by integrating its Real-time Intelligent Fusion Service (RIFS) into its Forklift Assist System (FAS) for warehouse operations to streamline efficiencies and enhance worker safety. RIFS, which is a part of FAS, was built with the cross-platform game engine Unity and produces spatial information about a room and then displays that information as meshes on a device, such as a desktop computer or tablet. FAS also includes a camera system that has additional forklift assistance features.

This project has been supported by the U.S. Marine Corps and U.S. Navy, and has also been tested at the Marine Corps Logistics Base in Albany, Georgia.

According to recent estimates, the average U.S. warehouse wastes 6.9 weeks a year on unnecessary motion, which costs the industry $4.3 billion, or 265 million hours of labor annually. Additionally, in 2020, the latest year for which statistics are available, there were 5.5 injury and illness cases per 100 full-time workers and 21 fatalities in the warehouse and storage industry.

RIFS would be incorporated into a warehouse's order management system and provide real-time information about everything going on in the warehouse. For example, a forklift operator could display RIFS on their tablet device and it would help them navigate to their pick up and drop off locations while ensuring they steer clear of obstacles.

"The system would know where all the other forklifts and people are in the warehouse and have route planning functionality," said Stephen Balakirsky, a GTRI principal research scientist who is leading the project. "A lot of warehouses have one-way aisles and it can be difficult for humans to determine the most efficient path to take, but RIFS could automatically determine that for you."

RIFS works by creating a grid of a particular environment with individual grid spaces that indicate which areas are traversable or not, explained GTRI Research Scientist Emily Strube, who has expertise with RIFS. The software then utilizes a pathfinding algorithm to determine the effort or "cost" required to move from one grid space to another and maps out the most efficient path possible. People and objects are shown as meshes, or geometric objects, in RIFS.

For example, in a warehouse, the algorithm would determine how much effort is required for a worker to move from their current position to their pick up or drop off point and outlines the most expedient route, Strube said.

She added that the algorithm can be adjusted to accommodate changes in a warehouse's workflow and forklift routes.

FAS' camera system would help forklift drivers move towards a pallet and secure it without damaging the warehouse's infrastructure or other pallets and items. The camera system would also have a backup feature to give drivers additional awareness as they move throughout the space in reverse.

To reduce the risk of forklift loads colliding with the top of doorframes, GTRI is also considering developing and installing sensors near doorways to alert drivers of imminent collisions.

"There are lots of different safety features that could be added to this project," Balakirsky said.

Additionally, GTRI seeks to further utilize RIFS to provide remote inspection and validation of inventory through virtual reality (VR) technology, where the warehouse maps and images would be created by autonomous robots.

RIFS has been incorporated into several other projects, including GTRI's Independent Research and Development (IRAD) of the Year winner for fiscal year 2022, which Strube leads. That project seeks to increase the situational awareness of troops on the ground.

Provided by Georgia Institute of Technology

ga

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

JK200SX

Regular
Well we have to allow for that possibility because, while Anil is the King of CMOS, he would not have the same level of experience with FD-SOI.

That said, I'm confident his experience, dedication, and meticulousness will win through - that and the FD-SOI experts he engages. Engineers understand theoretical limits and safety factors.

The design will have been thoroughly tested by simulation before tape-out commenced.

In the unlikely event that it is not 100%, an autopsy will find the problem and it will work the second time around.
I don't think it's his disbelief.

From his question, (as I understand) he was trying to know the process of "what if" such a scenario were to occur.

Thank you to @Diogenese and @BaconLover , that was what I was trying to get at.

I don't doubt the technology and do have faith in the Brainchip team. Whilst I'm sure that they have done their utmost due diligence, there is that 1% chance of something not going according to plan and was interested in understanding potential contingencies, such as speed tracking the AKD2000, etc..
I didn't ask the question lightly, in vain, or in any way to undermine any one else on the forum, or cast doubt in their mind about the technology - In my time as an Engineer in the automotive industry I've seen high profile projects go pear shaped. These weren't projects/products managed & developed by any of our teams in Australia. These were lead by dream teams out of Detroit, Frankfurt & Berlin, and yet they did at times managed to get it wrong. What was important was the subsequent recovery and how quickly they could get back on track.

(To the other poster, you were wrong, I'm only 4 :) )

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users
D

Deleted member 118

I've said it before but once more for the dummies.....Peter and Anil would not have spent the time and money on taping it out if they weren't confident it was going to work...................:rolleyes:
And NASA have some of the best scientists and professors working on AI and I believe they have probably been working along side brainchip into getting this to taping out.

Shit did I just write something normal, I must be getting old.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
Espionage!

... or just checking the weather in the bedroom?

More taking the air out of the room on the suggestion the 1500 is no good

Or going down like a lead baloon..

Ill find abetter gif next time

Reactions: 1 users
Top Bottom