images.jpeg-81.jpg
wheres wilzy......

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
1675269990091.png

We're turning 100 this year! 👴 Join us along with Chief Executive Officer Christophe Périllat, Group Chief Human Resources Officer Agnès Park and Chief Technology Officer Geoffrey Bouquot as we come together to talk about our past, present and future. We can't wait to see you there!

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Security cameras often record footage that isn’t relevant. To stream all footage to the cloud over wifi is wasteful, consumes Internet bandwidth and shortens battery life. Our on-device People Detection AI enables your cameras to stream and record only when people are in view. Built to be tiny, our AI can even be deployed on small, low-power and low-cost cameras. Give your security cameras the competitive edge by utilizing Plumerai’s People Detection AI.
Find out more at https://lnkd.in/eAGuaPkh
1675270145390.png

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users
Could the fall in the share price be attributed to the capital call notice announced on the 11/1/23?

Below is the quote from the announcement...

"
The Capital Call Notice pricing period will begin upon exercise of the put option on or around 11 January, with an anticipated ending date in late March or early April, subject to adjustments based on the share price performance throughout the pricing period.
The issue price for the capital call shares will be 91.5% of the higher of the average daily VWAP of shares over the pricing period (subject to any applicable adjustments) and the minimum price notified to LDA Capital by the Company.
As of the date of the capital call notice, available funding under the agreement amounts to $27.9M while the company is committed to drawing down a minimum of $15M no later than 31 December 2023."

Maybe my understanding is wrong but say hypothetically the weighted volume average is 60cents over the "pricing period" then LDA will only pay 91.5% of the 60cents...

The question is does having a low share price until the end of March or early April favour LDA capital?
It’s the higher of that or the price Brainchip tell the company

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
I just read that and took a closer look at the people. I'm curious what will come out of the unveiling of this Snapdragon Incredology?
Leonard Lee
Leonard Lee• 2.Tech Industry & Strategy Advisor dedicated to making you constructively uncomfortable
26 Min.
Hanging out with Alex Katouzian, SVP of Mobile, Compute & XR and Christopher Patrick “Big Island”, SVP of Mobile of Qualcomm at Samsung Electronics’ Galaxy Unpacked 2023 event. Alex promises to that there will be some Snapdragon Incredology unveiled today!

#samsungunpacked #nextcurve #snapdragon #qualcomm

Follow me here and neXt Curve for highlights!

Say hello to the #Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy: the fastest Snapdragon ever, uniquely customized for Samsung Mobile’s new Galaxy S23 series. With accelerated performance and unparalleled connectivity, it unlocks epic experiences across AI, 5G, gaming, camera, and WiFi and Bluetooth thanks to Qualcomm FastConnect. We’re thrilled to be a part of this exciting new series — congratulations, Samsung! #SamsungUnpacked https://bit.ly/3Jpr1ua

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

stuart888

Regular
London Engineers published an informative SNN robotic test with N-of-M coding. The document itself is not that long and very understandable for the non-snn-engineers, regular folks like me still trying to learn.

https://www.mdpi.com/2674-0729/2/1/2/htm

They create a robotic goalie, and use SNN with 2-of-7 for N-of-M Coding. A DVS event-based camera is the primary input sensor device, but also a touchpad on the goalie for reward feedback.

1675275302120.png

A few of the items that were helpful to me, self-learning.

MicroController Unit (MCU)
The MCU interface board provides a spinal-cord of channel which connects the peripheral organs (vision, sound, actuator sensors) to the brain (SNN), allows them to talk to each other and pre-processes the signals. Graphic below shows the MCU board data flow.

The spinal-cord analogy for the MCU works for me.

N-of-M Coding (definition summary)
In Spiking Neural Networks information is represented as a time-dependent sequence of spikes, such as a sequence of bits transmitted on a channel.

Different coding protocols have been used in SNN each with some limitations. Conventional rate coding counts spikes in fixed time windows to represent each information unit (i.e., encode one alphabet letter or one number), resulting in a relatively slow technique.

A faster coding solution is possible with rank order coding, with whom it is possible to use shorter time windows to represent more bits of information. Therefore, the SNN only gets the N bits, only the actual info needed, not M bits.

For a real-time scenario, the delay must be as short as possible, prioritizing the transmission time and sacrificing the amount of information that can be represented.

In this example, the SNN uses a 2-of-7 coding protocol to communicate with external devices, where the sender just needs to change the logical level of two wires during each symbol transfer. The states of the other five wires are not changed.

SNN with N-of-M Coding = Only good info, no turds! :poop:

1675275104870.png

The document was more informative than the video ironically.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Makeme 2020

Regular

Artificial Intelligence

Electronics

CPUs

BrainChip achieves tape out of AKD1500 chip

News
1 min read
Neil Tyler
31 Jan 2023

BrainChip, the first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP, has achieved tape out of its AKD1500 reference design.
brainchip-general.jpg

The tape-out was completed using GlobalFoundries’ 22nm fully depleted silicon-on-insulator (FD-SOI) technology and is being described as a milestone in validating BrainChip’s IP across different processes and foundries, providing its partners with varied global manufacturing options.
The AKD1500 uses the latest features of BrainChip’s energy-efficient, event-based, Akida AI IP in combination with the GlobalFoundries’ ultra-low leakage, proprietary FDX process technology platform, providing always-on, at-sensor applications or other low-power embedded applications for the AIoT, industrial, consumer and automotive markets.
In always-on, at-sensor use cases, Akida can completely offload feed-forward networks without the use of a CPU, ensuring energy efficient intelligent sensors. For other low-power embedded applications, the CPU solely performs sensor fusion processes or runs the application with Akida managing all the AI acceleration to significantly minimise CPU workload and system load, freeing up the MCU for other general-purpose computation.
The AKD1500 has been designed as an accelerator reference chip, using quad/octal SPI interfaces for MCU modules and PCIe for extensible cards, which assists partners in developing and demonstrating their solutions as a steppingstone to integrating the Akida IP into their production SoCs.
“This is an important validation milestone in the continuing innovation of our event-based, neuromorphic Akida IP, even if it is fully digital and portable across foundries,” said Anil Mankar, Co-Founder & Chief Development Officer at BrainChip. “The AKD1500 reference chip using GlobalFoundries’ very low-leakage FD SOI platform, showcases the possibilities for intelligent sensors in edge AI.”
Artificial Intelligence
Semiconductors
Electronics
http://www.brainchip.com

• Fire
Reactions: 47 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
I just read that and took a closer look at the people. I'm curious what will come out of the unveiling of this Snapdragon Incredology?
Leonard Lee
Leonard Lee• 2.Tech Industry & Strategy Advisor dedicated to making you constructively uncomfortable
26 Min.
Hanging out with Alex Katouzian, SVP of Mobile, Compute & XR and Christopher Patrick “Big Island”, SVP of Mobile of Qualcomm at Samsung Electronics’ Galaxy Unpacked 2023 event. Alex promises to that there will be some Snapdragon Incredology unveiled today!

#samsungunpacked #nextcurve #snapdragon #qualcomm

Follow me here and neXt Curve for highlights!

Say hello to the #Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy: the fastest Snapdragon ever, uniquely customized for Samsung Mobile’s new Galaxy S23 series. With accelerated performance and unparalleled connectivity, it unlocks epic experiences across AI, 5G, gaming, camera, and WiFi and Bluetooth thanks to Qualcomm FastConnect. We’re thrilled to be a part of this exciting new series — congratulations, Samsung! #SamsungUnpacked https://bit.ly/3Jpr1ua

Hmmm. I am doubtful but hopeful.

This image is from the Samsung unpacked event. They mentioned clearer photos. Not many more details unfortunately.

Screenshot_20230202-061034~2.png

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Hmmm. I am doubtful but hopeful.

This image is from the Samsung unpacked event. They mentioned clearer photos. Not many more details unfortunately.

View attachment 28469

I remember seeing similar last year.

samsung ai camera.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

stuart888

Regular
Love this "Time-to-first-spike"! I liked the brevity of the robotic goalie.

But to learn N-of-M Coding to the utmost, I know a source!

1675281127133.png

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9548614/

This paper also introduces a third option—“Ranked-NoM” (R-NoM), which combines features from both ROC and NoM coding schemes: only the first N input spikes are propagated, but their order is readout by downstream neurons thanks to inhomogeneous weights and linear desensitization. The unifying mathematical framework allows the three codes to be compared in terms of discriminability, which measures to what extent a neuron responds more strongly to its preferred input spike pattern than to random patterns. This discriminability turns out to be much higher for R-NoM than for the other codes, especially in the early phase of the responses. We also argue that R-NoM is much more hardware-friendly than the original ROC proposal, although NoM remains the easiest to implement in hardware because it only requires binary synapses. 🦠

1675281485408.png

The current analysis provides a strong argument for using implementations that process incoming spikes in order since it is the only way to take advantage of the remarkable early discriminative power of R-NoM coding. Such an approach goes a long way toward ensuring that computations can be done with the minimum number of spiking events. 📢📢📢 "Go Spike Go"!

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Foxdog

Regular
Good question.

It is often commented on in 4C's and annual reports that all our EAP customers remain engaged in grasping what akida IP can do for them. My point is that while this remains a slow process, none of them have come out and said something like they are cancelling their EAP and signing up with Nvidia or similar.

Why is this important? Because Nvidia and similar would be promising them the earth.
Thanks Iseki. I've always thought that participants in the EAP would have had a use case for AKIDA in mind when they joined up i.e. they were interested in seeing how AKIDA could improve an already existing product. Perhaps this isn't the case for many of them. The 'delays' in signing IP agreements could suggest that they might be modifying their product offerings, or inventing new ones, to take advantage of what AKIDA can do for them (or waiting for the 1500 chip to test). If this is the case then development delays would be natural. On the other hand I can't recall ever seeing a comprehensive list of EAP participants so BRN may not be required to disclose who joins or who departs the program. Only 4 months to the AGM and no doubt many from the 1000 eyes will attend so hopefully we will have a clearer picture after that. Cheers

• Fire

wilzy123

Founding Member
signing up with Nvidia or similar.
Umm.. the company has made it pretty clear that they do not see nvidia as a competitor

• Fire

Pmel

Regular
I cant believe that my post got deleted. What should i say.

wilzy123

Founding Member
yeahhhp.gif

• Haha
  • Fire

cassip

Regular

Reactions: 9 users

stuart888

Regular
2022 Roadmap on Neuromorphic Computing and Engineering

Any dots in this group of trained neural nuts? Lots of names and neuro-job-titles.

Only 169 pages to read. Let me summarize: "you guessed it", proclaiming Go Spike Go!

https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/2105/2105.05956.pdf

1675283487412.png

1675283522478.png

The aim of this Roadmap is to present a snapshot of the present state of neuromorphic technology and provide an opinion on the challenges and opportunities that the future holds in the major areas of neuromorphic technology, namely materials, devices, neuromorphic circuits, neuromorphic algorithms, applications, and ethics. The Roadmap is a collection of perspectives where leading researchers in the neuromorphic community provide their own view about the current state and the future challenges for each research area. We hope that this Roadmap will be a useful resource by providing a concise yet comprehensive introduction to readers outside this field, for those who are just entering the field, as well as providing future perspectives for those who are well established in the neuromorphic computing community.

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Krustor

Regular
Whatever your post was: I completely understand the delete just by remembering your last posts...

Btw: Do you know the famous Bavarian Pumuckl from my childhood? This little guy always came to my mind when I had to read your content.

Download.jpeg.jpg

Attachments

• Download.jpeg.jpg
    Download.jpeg.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Kachoo

Regular
Maybe one of the EAP's have piked it, I recall Sean mentioning it in an interview but imo he didn't communicate that very clearly so still up in the air for me. I'll check my notes and see if I can find it.

Around the 38 minute mark

I recall hearing one EAP choose not to proceed. I don't remember where I heard that from Sean but it was in a video I believe. I'm not 100% sure but that is what I believe I heard. Imo

• Haha
Top Bottom