BRN Discussion Ongoing

stuart888

Regular
I have been trying to figure out what makes our SNN the fastest?

My guess, it starts with the massive parallel nature of the SNN architecture, and then all the other parts just enhance. Just trying to learn.

1 - No zeros, sleep away!
2 - N-of-M coding secret sauce. Which is also 4-bits are enough.
3 - Massive parallel nature of the SNN architecture. It is asynchronous, and that is really why we can do 10000 fps. An open camera lens with the Event Camera DVS solutions.
4 - Much simpler equations to be calculated at the point of inference. This is huge for low power.
5 - One/Few-shot machine learning adds topping on the cake.

Just digging. The more I know, the better I feel about Brainchip. Compared to a year ago, I am so bullish.

Very happy with the risk-return profile. Learning helps me feel more confident, not less. 🧜‍♀️🧜‍♀️🧜‍♀️

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

JK200SX

Regular
What's up with the pre-open today? More sellers(and units) than buyers and price up 1.5c.

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
What's up with the pre-open today? More sellers(and units) than buyers and price up 1.5c.
Gee... that would have nothing to do with the trading patterns that have been present since 10/01

JK200SX

Regular
I recall a while ago when you would visit the ARM Partner Ecosystem Catalogue page, and irrespective of whether you chose vision, voice, etc, Brainchip would appear at the top of the list (ranked by relevance). We now sit on the second page at position 18, and wonder why?

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

JK200SX

Regular
Oh cool, another ANNNNNNN!

I think us long term holders need to be offered an incentive plan too, to support the administering of long term positive write ups and free advertising for the company on the forums, and other forms of social media.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip

I think us long term holders need to be offered an incentive plan too.
ASX Announcement ______________________________________________________________________________ BrainChip Holdings Ltd ACN 151 159 812 Level 8 210 George St Sydney NSW 2000 T: +61 2 9290 9606 | F: +61 2 9297 0664 | W: www.brainchipinc.com

02 February 2023 Notice pursuant to Section 708A(5)(e) of the Corporations Act This notice is provided by Brainchip Holdings Ltd (BRN) for the purposes of Section 708A(5)(e) of the Corporations Act 2001 (Corporations Act).

BRN today issued 10,000,000 fully paid ordinary shares (Shares) to the Trustee of the Brainchip Long Term Incentive Plan Trust for the purposes of administering the Long Term Incentive Plan. For the purposes of Section 708A(5)(e) of the Corporations Act, the Company gives notice of the following in respect of Shares:

1. The Shares were issued without disclosure to investors in accordance with Part 6D of the Corporations Act.

2. The Company, as at the date of this notice, has complied with: (a) the provisions of Chapter 2M of the Corporations Act as they apply to it; and (b) Section 674 of the Corporations Act. 3.

There is no excluded information, as defined in sections 708A(7) and 708A(8) of the Corporations Act, as at the date of this notice. This notice is authorized for release by the BRN Board of Directors.

Reactions: 9 users

Diogenese

Top 20
London Engineers published an informative SNN robotic test with N-of-M coding. The document itself is not that long and very understandable for the non-snn-engineers, regular folks like me still trying to learn.

https://www.mdpi.com/2674-0729/2/1/2/htm

They create a robotic goalie, and use SNN with 2-of-7 for N-of-M Coding. A DVS event-based camera is the primary input sensor device, but also a touchpad on the goalie for reward feedback.

View attachment 28468

A few of the items that were helpful to me, self-learning.

MicroController Unit (MCU)
The MCU interface board provides a spinal-cord of channel which connects the peripheral organs (vision, sound, actuator sensors) to the brain (SNN), allows them to talk to each other and pre-processes the signals. Graphic below shows the MCU board data flow.

The spinal-cord analogy for the MCU works for me.

N-of-M Coding (definition summary)
In Spiking Neural Networks information is represented as a time-dependent sequence of spikes, such as a sequence of bits transmitted on a channel.

Different coding protocols have been used in SNN each with some limitations. Conventional rate coding counts spikes in fixed time windows to represent each information unit (i.e., encode one alphabet letter or one number), resulting in a relatively slow technique.

A faster coding solution is possible with rank order coding, with whom it is possible to use shorter time windows to represent more bits of information. Therefore, the SNN only gets the N bits, only the actual info needed, not M bits.

For a real-time scenario, the delay must be as short as possible, prioritizing the transmission time and sacrificing the amount of information that can be represented.

In this example, the SNN uses a 2-of-7 coding protocol to communicate with external devices, where the sender just needs to change the logical level of two wires during each symbol transfer. The states of the other five wires are not changed.

SNN with N-of-M Coding = Only good info, no turds! :poop:

View attachment 28467

The document was more informative than the video ironically.

Great sleuthing Stuart,

Simon Thorpe's group discovered N-of-M coding in the work of ED Adrian, but kept it secret rather than patent, and it was subsequently discovered by Furber et al from Manchester Uni, so it is in the public domain.

1675293396823.png

1675293486294.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

BaconLover

Founding Member

I think us long term holders need to be offered an incentive plan too.

I have a feeling this is for LDA.
My opinion only.

Edited: This 10m is for employees, not for LDA.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

stuart888

Regular
I recall a while ago when you would visit the ARM Partner Ecosystem Catalogue page, and irrespective of whether you chose vision, voice, etc, Brainchip would appear at the top of the list (ranked by relevance). We now sit on the second page at position 18, and wonder why?

Good eye @JK200SX!

Seems no worries, they let a person search and find as needed.

They need "Fastest Benchmarks" as one of the options!

1675293961959.png

Reactions: 5 users

Labsy

Regular
"BrainChip is the worldwide leader in edge AI on-chip processing and learning. The
company’s first-to-market neuromorphic processor, AkidaTM, mimics the human brain
to analyze only essential sensor inputs at the point of acquisition, processing data
with unparalleled efficiency, precision, and economy of energy. Keeping machine
learning local to the chip, independent of the cloud, also dramatically reduces
latency while improving privacy and data security. In enabling effective edge
compute to be universally deployable across real world applications such as cars, consumer electronics, and industrial IoT, BrainChip is proving that
on-chip AI close to the sensor, is the future for its customers’ products, as well as the
planet. "

This is all I need to know to hold onto my Golden goose for the next 5 yrs...the rest is wifwaffle jibba jabber, cry baby boohoo...
each to their own. Money in the bank imo.
Full faith in team

Akida ballista

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 37 users

JK200SX

Regular
  • Fire

JK200SX

Regular
  • Haha

ndefries

Regular

BaconLover

Founding Member
Incentive Plan for employees?

I was waiting for the next 10m tranche of shares for LDA, so that's another Announcement we can expect 🥳

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Hmmm....AI cruise control maybe doesn't like humans :oops:

Wonder whose AI?

From a few days ago.

BMW Fiasco: Failed Testing, Verification, Validation of AI-driven ADAS​

• Consumers should question the callousness of automakers using a human driver as a “component” of their safeguards.​

• What’s at stake: If you think a faulty sensor triggered a BMW to automatically accelerate to 110mph on a U.K. country road, think again. The problem is systemic. The incident exposes the inability of many carmakers to understand the relationship among individual modules to ensure system-level safety.​

By now, we hope a Sunday Times of London report, BMW cruise control ‘took over and tried to reach 110mph‘, has become required reading for every system engineer developing AI-embedded ADAS vehicles, and for consumers eager to embrace automated vehicle features. The story’s alarming subhead reads, “A motorist was sent hurtling over the limit when his car’s technology misread signs.”

Shown to be a no one-off glitch, the incident demonstrates that auto sensors can misread speed limit signs. An advanced automated feature – BMW’s Speed Limit Assist – enabled the car to act autonomously, accelerating the BMW X5 to 110mph in a 30mph road on a village road in the U.K. county of Essex.

I’m focusing on the BMW incident because the story is on many levels full of teachable moments. If we learn anything from this fiasco, the lessons should apply beyond BMW to all car OEMs and top-tier suppliers developing ADAS features.

The easy way out for carmakers is to attribute a failure to an individual component and its software. That’s BMW’s alibi. As The Times reported, a BMW representative told the driver – who experienced the trauma of his vehicle “taking over” without permission – “there was ‘no fault with the car’.” The problem, according to BMW, involved sensor “picking up writing or numbers on the side of the road.”

Unwittingly acknowledging in its statement, BMW screwed up its system-level engineering. The incident underscores shortfalls within OEMs’ system-level designs, testing, verification, and validation of autonomous vehicles and ADAS cars loaded with AI-driven features.

Cross-checking​

Among carmakers’ minimum responsibilities is cross-checking ADAS components to determine whether they function together as intended.

Missy Cummings, an engineering professor at George Mason University, told The Ojo-Yoshida Report: “My concerns about this and related incidents is why there is no cross-checking of the speed limit with both the known speed limit on that road….” A digital map would have provided the local speed limit and sensors would detect local conditions such as time of day and weather.

Phil Koopman, a safety expert and associate professor at Carnegie Mellon University, agreed. “A vision-based speed limit sign system will have a substantive error rate, and the OEM knew this.”

In other words, BMW was aware this could happen.

Cummings continued: “The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s Standing General Order is replete with ADAS cars getting into accidents where the speed is too high either for the road type or too high for the weather conditions.” The U.S. regulator issued its General Standing Order last June requiring crash reporting where automated driving or Level 2 advanced driver assistance systems are involved.

With ample data publicly available, carmakers have had time to add cross-checks to their vehicles to catch sensor errors. What have automakers done since last June? Their position remains “that the driver is responsible for mitigating dangerous failures of the feature,” noted Koopman.

The offense here is the callousness of automakers using human drivers as a safety “component.” The objective is shielding the company from liability rather than protecting drivers

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

FJ-215

Regular
I was waiting for the next 10m tranche of shares for LDA, so that's another Announcement we can expect 🥳
If they need the extra 10M of shares it will be because the 30M wasn't enough to meet our $15 M obligation.

That would be sad.

Reactions: 3 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Incentive Plan for employees?
Yes, upon reading the ANN... I have determined that you have also read it and are correct (y)

Reactions: 4 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
If they need the extra 10M of shares it will be because the 30M wasn't enough to meet our $15 M obligation.

That would be sad.
Agreed, but if company needs money then no other choice.

Reactions: 2 users

jk6199

Regular
Single share transactions, @Fact Finder must still be in the background buying.

Desperate efforts to get and keep the price down?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Foxdog

Regular
Top Bottom