BRN Discussion Ongoing

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Hi Bravo,

Fantastic research (as usual).

A few interesting spikes, but I don't think it reaches the synaptic threshold ... yet.

One negative spike is the reference to "custom instructions that SiFive developed to accelerate neural network computation".

SiFive Intelligence X280 - SiFive

To me, this reads as in-house software that SiFive developed. Now, as we all know, Akida could do this much faster and more efficiently, so there is definite scope for the inclusion of Akida in lieu ... and that is probably the objective of the BrainChip/SiFive partnership, but I don't think it has quite come to fruition yet.

No doubt they have done the simulations, but I don't think they would have the production silicon yet, though I'd be more than happy to be proved wrong.

Thanks Dodgy-knees! 🤗This article says that SiFive can develop a chip design in under 3 months and they can help customers design a RISC-V CPU in under one hour, so they're not averse to working fast. We started partnering with them on their Intelligence Series in April 2022, so fingers crossed!

Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 5.39.18 pm.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 55 users

Xray1

Regular
Im not expecting anything in the 4C till the 2nd half of this year
IMO .... I expect this 4C and the next 4C which will be released just before the AGM should show improved revenue levels so as not to cause issues or s/holder questioning for Sean H our CEO at that meeting.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Thanks Dodgy-knees! 🤗This article says that SiFive can develop a chip design in under 3 months and they can help customers design a RISC-V CPU in under one hour, so they're not averse to working fast. We started partnering with them on their Intelligence Series in April 2022, so fingers crossed!

View attachment 27218
Too right!

We have a few partners who are capable of expediting commercial production:
ARM;
Intel;
Socionext;
SiFive;
MegaChips;
Renesas;
... I'll even throw in Valeo here, because they have tremendous clout ...

and there's all our other friends who think we're the bee's knees:
nViso;
Prophesee;
Mercedes;
ISL; ...

not to mention all our secret friends flying under the LiDaR ...

... when the dam bursts ...

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 85 users

Realinfo

Regular
We can do better than this !!

Me, myself personally is of the belief that it‘s imperative we maintain robust discussion and debate, without the need to use offensive or abusive language.

I understand both sides of the argument regarding our Battler’s communication, and performance, or lack thereof. It’s healthy to disagree, to have different opinions…but please, have the debate in a respectful manner.

Hey hey has until the AGM in May to produce what he said (or certainly suggested) in the middle of 2022.

During this period, we have the final 4C for 2022 at the end of January, the full year results towards the end of February, and the first quarter 4C for 2023 at the end of April.

The full year report is the one I’m most looking forward to.

Directors and senior management expressed extremely positive forecasts in late 2021 and the first half of 2022. Later we had Hey hey talking about headwinds and wars to explain away slower than expected progress. For mine they are simply excuses, for creating the expectation that is now trying to be diffused.

Btw…I the invitation remains, but I don’t expect to have to pay up.
E1BAB16D-7FD4-4087-81F5-A5CF5C62E991.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)

Future versions of Windows will be AI-powered​

Hanno Labuschagne16 January 2023

A future version of Windows will be deeply integrated with advanced artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities, Neowin reports.

Microsoft executive vice president and chief product officer Panos Panay recently revealed as much during a discussion with AMD CEO Lisa Su at CES 2023 earlier in January.

The pair spoke about the new AI engine in AMD’s Ryzen 7040 chips, the first x86 processors to feature a dedicated on-chip AI engine.

Panay said technology like this would enable Microsoft to build AI-powered software, which required a huge amount of compute power.

Panay also said that the industry was at an inflexion point when it came to AI, which he labelled the defining technology of our time.

“It’s like nothing I have ever seen before. It’s transforming industries, it’s improving our daily lives in many ways — some of it you see, some of it you don’t see,” said Panay.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

Diogenese

Top 20
We can do better than this !!

Me, myself personally is of the belief that it‘s imperative we maintain robust discussion and debate, without the need to use offensive or abusive language.

I understand both sides of the argument regarding our Battler’s communication, and performance, or lack thereof. It’s healthy to disagree, to have different opinions…but please, have the debate in a respectful manner.

Hey hey has until the AGM in May to produce what he said (or certainly suggested) in the middle of 2022.

During this period, we have the final 4C for 2022 at the end of January, the full year results towards the end of February, and the first quarter 4C for 2023 at the end of April.

The full year report is the one I’m most looking forward to.

Directors and senior management expressed extremely positive forecasts in late 2021 and the first half of 2022. Later we had Hey hey talking about headwinds and wars to explain away slower than expected progress. For mine they are simply excuses, for creating the expectation that is now trying to be diffused.

Btw…I the invitation remains, but I don’t expect to have to pay up. View attachment 27225
Can't agree with you about "excuses".
After the initial rosy forecast, the whole world has blundered into turmoil. Apart from the war, there is:

the China threat,
US recession,
tech companies "right sizing",
belt tightening,
inflation,
bear market,
tech company SP collapse, ...

These ae all real factors which have a real cumulative effect in the real world.

No doubt there are tech company execs who have had to watch their performance bonuses go down the gurgler.

Yes, I'm disappointed that we may have to defer our expectations for a few months, but I still believe that, with all the positive announcements we have had, it will happen.

I certainly don't think the circumstances call for casting nasturtiums on senior management.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 67 users

Zedjack33

Regular
7CFFE835-C86B-44E3-885B-02D7AA761F53.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Now here's a really useful invention:

CA2636886A1 MODELS, METHODS, TECHNIQUES TO MAKE THINGS WORK BETTER, AND AUTOMATING THESE OPERATIONS (M&T)

1673859296953.png

[0002] June 1e, 2008 Note: not to be publicly published until International Patent Application has Occurred Gerard Voon
Claims

New Technologies, New MODELS, New Techniques and Method In the below we use Artificial Intelligence/computer algorithm METHODS/TECHNIQUES to control/manage/regulate/monitor and AUTOMATE (words used interchangeable) and as well we use terms robots and exoskeletons interchangeable since their abilities are close - that carry out the METHODS/TECHNIQUES to control/manage/regulate/monitor and AUTOMATE. And apply them to mimic any and all management (the earlier; Artificial Intelligence/computer algorithm) and work (the latter; robots and exoskeletons eg. robotic arms) that do any and all of the mechanical/functions/operations converted from existing to better automated.
Artificial Intelligence and computer algorithm(s) as the same thing...Virtual Reality, Neural Links and manual/remote controUautomated/joy stickANi/glove controls/computer controls, eg. key boards; cursor; and/or all electronic control manipulators automated are used interchangeability in their ability to be used for ways to experience (eg. feedback) and control any and all automated/mechanical/electronic ... any and everything... Artificial Intelligence/Neural Links with other human remote control, develop and manage the inventions and control robots that do regular check ups and maintenance and/or repair on all the equipment. Because thoughts are so instant (eg. the cliche the speed of thought) we want to develop a Neural Links/Artificial Intelligence that can tell the difference between an simulation/test (eg. actors pretending to respond the way the role requires) versus a correct desired general and/or specific outcome driven wanted verbal and/or action physical doing

Unfortunately, Gerard has claimed all applications of artificial intelligence and neural networks. Bummer!

NB: This patent application lapsed before grant.

PS: He included a self-portrait in the patent application.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

chapman89

Founding Member
I read over PVDM “4 bits are enough” again and this jumped out at me-

“4-bit network resolution is not unique. Brainchip pioneered this Machine Learning technology as early as 2015 and, through multiple silicon implementations, tested and delivered a commercial offering to the market. Others have recently published papers on its advantages, such as IBM, Stanford University and MIT.”

IBM published according to Peter van der Made in 2020. In 2015 five years earlier Brainchip was already beyond the theoretical implementation.

Brainchip is now eight years on in its further development and implementation of 4 bit than they were in 2015.

This is really astonishing.

If this was the Melbourne Cup a horse this far ahead of the field would be referred by the stewards for drug testing. In fact in Melbourne Cup terms the horse would have lapped the field twice if it had a lead this large.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 65 users

Diogenese

Top 20

CA2636886A1 MODELS, METHODS, TECHNIQUES TO MAKE THINGS WORK BETTER, AND AUTOMATING THESE OPERATIONS (M&T)

View attachment 27231

[0002] June 1e, 2008 Note: not to be publicly published until International Patent Application has Occurred Gerard Voon
Claims

New Technologies, New MODELS, New Techniques and Method In the below we use Artificial Intelligence/computer algorithm METHODS/TECHNIQUES to control/manage/regulate/monitor and AUTOMATE (words used interchangeable) and as well we use terms robots and exoskeletons interchangeable since their abilities are close - that carry out the METHODS/TECHNIQUES to control/manage/regulate/monitor and AUTOMATE. And apply them to mimic any and all management (the earlier; Artificial Intelligence/computer algorithm) and work (the latter; robots and exoskeletons eg. robotic arms) that do any and all of the mechanical/functions/operations converted from existing to better automated.
Artificial Intelligence and computer algorithm(s) as the same thing...Virtual Reality, Neural Links and manual/remote controUautomated/joy stickANi/glove controls/computer controls, eg. key boards; cursor; and/or all electronic control manipulators automated are used interchangeability in their ability to be used for ways to experience (eg. feedback) and control any and all automated/mechanical/electronic ... any and everything... Artificial Intelligence/Neural Links with other human remote control, develop and manage the inventions and control robots that do regular check ups and maintenance and/or repair on all the equipment. Because thoughts are so instant (eg. the cliche the speed of thought) we want to develop a Neural Links/Artificial Intelligence that can tell the difference between an simulation/test (eg. actors pretending to respond the way the role requires) versus a correct desired general and/or specific outcome driven wanted verbal and/or action physical doing

Unfortunately, Gerard has claimed all applications of artificial intelligence and neural networks. Bummer!

Morphic resonance?

Reactions: 4 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Too right!

We have a few partners who are capable of expediting commercial production:
ARM;
Intel;
Socionext;
SiFive;
MegaChips;
Renesas;
... I'll even throw in Valeo here, because they have tremendous clout ...

and there's all our other friends who think we're the bee's knees:
nViso;
Prophesee;
Mercedes;
ISL; ...

not to mention all our secret friends flying under the LiDaR ...

... when the dam bursts ...
I think that all car companies who have not got their self-driving act together yet, should pre-install Akida-enabled devices so they can be activated retrospectively when they get it together.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode

View attachment 27231

Claims

Almost looks like a three-legged stool @Diogenese

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users

Mccabe84

Regular
I stumbled across this site sharing BRCHF

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
I just saw it is a public holiday in America tonight Jan 16th for Martin Luther King day, so no trading on the NYSE or Nasdaq tonight

• Sad
Reactions: 17 users

robsmark

Regular
Can't agree with you about "excuses".
After the initial rosy forecast, the whole world has blundered into turmoil. Apart from the war, there is:

the China threat,
US recession,
tech companies "right sizing",
belt tightening,
inflation,
bear market,
tech company SP collapse, ...

These ae all real factors which have a real cumulative effect in the real world.

No doubt there are tech company execs who have had to watch their performance bonuses go down the gurgler.

Yes, I'm disappointed that we may have to defer our expectations for a few months, but I still believe that, with all the positive announcements we have had, it will happen.

I certainly don't think the circumstances call for casting nasturtiums on senior management.
Hey Dio,

I do not believe any of the above would impede with technological developments. Every company that wants to compete in any market, needs to keep up with the latest technologies and offer them to their clientele. If Apple don’t, Samsung will; if Mercedes don’t, Volkswagen will, etc.

R&D budgets for the year are determined way in advance, and would have been approved, stamped and sealed.

If a CEO makes a comment of that nature, especially during a pandemic, he had better well deliver on it.

This should make for an interesting year, one way or another.

Cheers, Mark

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Zedjack33

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Just to make it clear in regards to the above, I believe there's a very decent chance that we're in NASA’s High Performance Spaceflight Computing (HPSC), in other words in PolarFire 2 SoC via SiFive's X280 processor cores because the timing is spot on within NASA's target time IMO. Microchip previewed its PolarFire 2 mid-range SoC FPGA family at the RISC-V Summit in December 2022.

View attachment 27207

View attachment 27205

View attachment 27206

View attachment 27202

View attachment 27203

Morphic resonance?
1673865382230.png

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Violin1

Regular
  • Love