Regular
Oh, Monday mornin'
You gave me no warnin' of what was to be
Oh Monday, Monday
How could you leave and not take me?

Every other day (every other day)
Every other day
Every other day of the week is fine, yeah
But whenever Monday comes (but whenever Monday comes)
But whenever Monday comes
You can find me cryin' all of the time
Lament of 1960's Momma & Poppa investors

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users
Come on ladies/ gents,

First non subscriber to answer correctly wins a month subscription.
What company lent a camera to brainchip to use for gesture recognition and what year was it?

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

Steve10

Regular
New product at CES by Koehler. They should install a VOC sensor linked to Akida to detect disease & improve diet. Then Alexa would say something like "that's foul, go see the doctor" or "you have to eat more greens & drink less booze". Possibly standard feature in all dunnies in 10 years.

1672989588900.png

A toilet with Alexa inside

One minute we’re being told not to take Alexa into the bedroom, now we’re being encouraged to take Alexa into the toilet.

American manufacturer Kohler will show off a $16,900 toilet which has Alexa inside. So you can get the weather report while sitting on the throne.

The Numi 2.0 also comes with LED lights that illuminate the bowl, jets that can power wash all of your bits and bobs and a mist to help disguise smells.

And that perennial problem of people leaving the toilet seat up is a problem no more. The Numi can automatically lower the seat after every use so the interior of the bowl is banished from public view.

The Numi has been around as a concept for a while but the manufacturer says it is now ready to be installed.

Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) emitted from stool are the components of the smell of stool representing the end products of microbial activity and metabolism that can be used to diagnose disease. Despite the abundance of hydrogen, carbon dioxide, and methane that have already been identified in human flatus, the small portion of trace gases making up the VOCs emitted from stool include organic acids, alcohols, esters, heterocyclic compounds, aldehydes, ketones, and alkanes, among others. These are the gases that vary among individuals in sickness and in health, in dietary changes, and in gut microbial activity. Electronic nose devices are analytical and pattern recognition platforms that can utilize mass spectrometry or electrochemical sensors to detect these VOCs in gas samples. When paired with machine-learning and pattern recognition algorithms, this can identify patterns of VOCs, and thus patterns of smell, that can be used to identify disease states. In this review, we provide a clinical background of VOC identification, electronic nose development, and review gastroenterology applications toward diagnosing disease by the volatile headspace analysis of stool.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users
New product at CES by Koehler. They should install a VOC sensor linked to Akida to detect disease & improve diet. Then Alexa would say something like "that's foul, go see the doctor" or "you have to eat more greens & drink less booze". Possibly standard feature in all dunnies in 10 years.

View attachment 26336

A toilet with Alexa inside

One minute we’re being told not to take Alexa into the bedroom, now we’re being encouraged to take Alexa into the toilet.

American manufacturer Kohler will show off a $16,900 toilet which has Alexa inside. So you can get the weather report while sitting on the throne.

The Numi 2.0 also comes with LED lights that illuminate the bowl, jets that can power wash all of your bits and bobs and a mist to help disguise smells.

And that perennial problem of people leaving the toilet seat up is a problem no more. The Numi can automatically lower the seat after every use so the interior of the bowl is banished from public view.

The Numi has been around as a concept for a while but the manufacturer says it is now ready to be installed.

Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) emitted from stool are the components of the smell of stool representing the end products of microbial activity and metabolism that can be used to diagnose disease. Despite the abundance of hydrogen, carbon dioxide, and methane that have already been identified in human flatus, the small portion of trace gases making up the VOCs emitted from stool include organic acids, alcohols, esters, heterocyclic compounds, aldehydes, ketones, and alkanes, among others. These are the gases that vary among individuals in sickness and in health, in dietary changes, and in gut microbial activity. Electronic nose devices are analytical and pattern recognition platforms that can utilize mass spectrometry or electrochemical sensors to detect these VOCs in gas samples. When paired with machine-learning and pattern recognition algorithms, this can identify patterns of VOCs, and thus patterns of smell, that can be used to identify disease states. In this review, we provide a clinical background of VOC identification, electronic nose development, and review gastroenterology applications toward diagnosing disease by the volatile headspace analysis of stool.

I'm just confused looking at that toilet I'd probably find a secluded side street to take a pee.😂
Looks like a fancy Esky 🍺

• Haha
  • Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

Vegies

Come on ladies/ gents,

First non subscriber to answer correctly wins a month subscription.
What company lent a camera to brainchip to use for gesture recognition and what year was it?
Easy one mate - Samsung!

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Murphy

Life is not a dress rehearsal!
A couple of interesting satellites were launched in 2022… one being from our friends at Carnegie Mellon and the other from NASA Ames.

View attachment 26330

View attachment 26331
Well done Topcat!!👏👏👏 My Sherlock Holmes Award for today goes to you, my sleuthing friend.

If you don't have dreams, you can't have dreams come true!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Sprained my ankle so I sat around today and watched another bit of Space Odyssey 2001 - I've never managed to watch more than about 30min each time.
"Are you going to kill me with drawn out visuals and annoying noises Hal?"
"Yes Dave, do you find that upsetting?"
Maybe Kubrick was a rouge AI with no sense of time.

On a more practical note I want my Brainchip Akida 'stay positive' robot companion NOW! (please)
Is this "positive" enough for yer? 🤣

• Haha
  • Love

chapman89

Founding Member
Just came across this article on LinkedIn, talking about ARM taking on Intel and MIPS.

I used to have a photo of Anil Mankar commenting on a lady at ARM’s LinkedIn post who is a Global VP, I’m paraphrasing here but Anil commented to words to the effect of “happy to be helping ARM” and it was regarding the automotive sector.

Now I’m wondering if behind the scenes ARM and Brainchip are working close together in the automotive sector to dominate ADAS and Infotainment and the rest?!

I think @MC🐠 had the photo as well!

Chip designer Arm targets car market for growth SoftBank-owned company battles Intel and MIPS in auto sector as it prepares for blockbuster listing.

SoftBank-owned company battles Intel and MIPS in auto sector as it prepares for blockbuster listing.

Chip designer Arm has more than doubled revenue at its automotive business since 2020 as the UK-headquartered company seeks new avenues for growth ahead of a hotly anticipated public listing this year.

Dennis Laudick, vice-president of automotive go-to-market at Arm, said the pace of the segment’s growth — to power everything from electrification to advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and in-vehicle “infotainment” — had been faster than its other divisions such as smartphones and data centres.

That is because modern cars require a greater amount of chips, which are also more expensive than ever before. It is one of the few parts of the chip sector that is expected to suffer from severe shortages throughout this year because of strong demand.

“A high-end car is approaching one of the most complex pieces of software you can have in the world at the moment,” Laudick told the Financial Times. “It’s basically a data centre on wheels.”

Arm’s total revenues grew 35 per cent in 2022 to £2.7bn. The SoftBank-owned company does not disclose specific figures, but said revenue from its automotive business increased fivefold over the past four years.

Its concerted push into supplying an industry rapidly turning to electric vehicles and driverless capabilities will be crucial to the plans drawn up by SoftBank’s billionaire chief Masayoshi Son for Arm’s return to the public markets this year through a blockbuster New York listing.

Investors will be sizing up whether Arm, which has profited hugely from providing the chip designs found in most of the world’s smartphones, can continue to achieve growth.

It faces stiff competition from rivals like Intel, MIPS and Synopsys, which are also battling to build the most efficient and powerful intellectual property for chipmakers in an industry that is evolving quickly.

“The semi industry has been doing well in giant spurts of growth and now all of the chip companies are chasing the next high,” said Jay Goldberg, an analyst at D2D Advisory. “The automotive market is crucially important, and no one has won that yet.”

SoftBank’s Son announced in November that his exclusive focus from now on would be the chip designer. “I’ll be thinking about the business opportunity for Arm — the source of my energy, the source of my happiness, the source of my excitement,” he said.

SoftBank, which has owned Arm since 2016, has retrenched to a more defensive strategy after recording $10bn of losses in the past quarter.

Arm had now captured around 85 per cent of the global market for in-vehicle “infotainment”, and 55 per cent in ADAS, Laudick said. All of the top 15 automotive chipmakers, including Nvidia, STMicroelectronics and Renesas, use designs licensed by Arm.

However, the company faces much stiffer competition on chips for functions like sensors and body control.

While Arm has made significant inroads developing IP for chips used in data centres in recent years, it is the automotive market — which already contain dozens of concealed computers that have an insatiable appetite for increasingly advanced chips — that Arm is focusing its attention on most acutely.

Some high-end vehicles contain more than 100mn lines of code, with fully autonomous vehicles expected to reach half a billion by the end of the decade — compared with a Boeing 747 aircraft that contains about 14mn.

Arm is increasingly giving automotive chipmakers the ability to play around with different types of designs before they buy a licence © ARM
The average value of semiconductors per car is forecast to rise from $700 in 2020 to $1,138 by 2028, according to S&P Global Mobility.

“Even traditional automotive applications need a quantity of silicon much higher than in the past,” said Marco Monti, president of automotive at European chipmaker STMicroelectronics, speaking at the company’s capital markets day last year.

Monti said that automotive chip demand was accelerating rapidly, even as demand for cars themselves remained flat, adding that full electrification would add around $1,000 in the value of semiconductors to each vehicle and could require up to five times more chips.

As cars have progressed from being predominantly large boxes of hardware to complex agglomerations of software, powering everything from steering to entertainment, Arm has rapidly increased its investment in software engineering.

In 2016, the company invested around 75 per cent of its engineering resources in hardware, with 25 per cent on software. Today, it says the split is 50:50.

Arm is increasingly giving automotive chipmakers such as STMicroelectronics and Nvidia the ability to play around with different types of designs before they buy a licence, as a way to familiarise them with its products and capture customers in a competitive market.

This strategic manoeuvring is central to the company’s ability to attract and retain customers across its business, given that some of its most nimble competitors — including companies offering a rival open source alternative to Arm called Risc-V — allow engineers to tinker with their IP.

Not all chipmakers have been won over. Mobileye, an autonomous driving company that was spun out of Intel in October and has 70 per cent of the market for cameras used in driver-assist technology, uses IP developed by MIPS, based on Risc-V, for some of its most advanced chips.

“We like to buy a [computer processing unit] that has multiple vendors,” said Amnon Shashua, Mobileye’s founder, referring to the attraction of the open source architecture underpinning MIPS’s designs. Mobileye builds the rest of its chips — for things like infotainment and displays — in-house.

Shashua added that if Mobileye had been entirely reliant on Arm, and the chip designer had been successfully sold to rival chipmaker Nvidia for $66bn last year, it “would have been a disaster”.

The most advanced autonomous cars are only expected to come to market at the end of the decade. In the intervening years, chip designers including Arm, Intel and MIPS will be busily crafting designs for the next fleet of vehicles that will transform how millions travel.

“They’re fighting the fight now but no one is going to win for a few years,” said Goldberg.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 54 users
S

Straw

• Haha

Dhm

Regular
Sprained my ankle so I sat around today and watched another bit of Space Odyssey 2001 - I've never managed to watch more than about 30min each time.
"Are you going to kill me with drawn out visuals and annoying noises Hal?"
"Yes Dave, do you find that upsetting?"
Maybe Kubrick was a rouge AI with no sense of time.

On a more practical note I want my Brainchip Akida 'stay positive' robot companion NOW! (please)
Many years ago I was given a birthday card with a picture of 2 pigs in a space ship and behind them was a nun. The caption on the card was "two sows and a nun, a space oddity". Not quite sure what that had to do with my birthday, but very funny.

• Haha
  • Love

cassip

Regular
So Ford, VW, Intel, and Tesla have all attempted to bypass the intermediate steps to autonomous driving (AD) and fallen short - you have to crawl before you can walk.

It's not that the billions of dollars they invested has been totally wasted - you should always learn from your mistakes. But both Ford and Intel have recently sold their AD subsidiaries. The "recently" is significant in that it shows that these large companies are feeling the pinch now. As Sean intimated, it's a tough economic environment at the moment.

Remember that they were attempting AD without Valeo's SCALA. I haven't researched Mobileye's technology in depth, but this sample looks unpromising from a SNN point of view:

US2022222317A1 APPLYING A CONVOLUTION KERNEL ON INPUT DATA

View attachment 20521

[0028] Both application processor 180 and image processor 190 can include various types of processing devices. For example, either or both of application processor 180 and image processor 190 can include one or more microprocessors, preprocessors (such as image preprocessors), graphics processors, central processing units (CPUs), support circuits, digital signal processors, integrated circuits, memory, or any other types of devices suitable for running applications and for image processing and analysis. In some embodiments, application processor 180 or image processor 190 can include any type of single or multi-core processor, mobile device microcontroller, central processing unit, or other type of processor. Various processing devices can be used, for example including processors available from manufacturers (e.g., Intel®, AMD®, etc.), and can include various architectures (e.g., x86 processor, ARM®, etc.).

[0054] A convolution neural network includes an input layer, an output layer, as well as multiple hidden layers. The hidden layers of a CNN typically include a series of convolution layers that convolve with a multiplication or other dot product. The activation function is commonly a RELU layer, and is subsequently followed by additional convolutions such as pooling layers, fully connected layers and normalization layers, referred to as hidden layers because their inputs and outputs are masked by the activation function and final convolution. The final convolution, in turn, often involves backpropagation in order to more accurately weight the end product.

Argo AI seems likewise deficient:
US2022301099A1 SYSTEMS AND METHODS FOR GENERATING OBJECT DETECTION LABELS USING FOVEATED IMAGE MAGNIFICATION FOR AUTONOMOUS DRIVING

View attachment 20524

[0044] The machine learning model for generating a saliency map may be generated and/or trained using any now or hereafter known techniques such as, without limitation, kernel density estimation (KDE) and convolution neural network (CNN), both of which are differentiable and the parameters can be learned through the final task loss. In KDE, the system may use bounding box centers as the data points that have a bandwidth proportional to the square root of the area of the bounding box. In CNN, the system may represent the bounding boxes as an N×4 matrix, where N is a fixed maximum value for the number of bounding boxes. If there are less than N objects, the input may be zero-padded to this dimension. Once a model has been generated, the system may also apply the model to all bounding boxes in a training dataset to obtain a dataset-wide prior.

[0076] During operations, information is communicated from the sensors to the on-board computing device 720 . The on-board computing device 720 can (i) cause the sensor information to be communicated from the mobile platform to an external device (e.g., computing device 101 of FIG. 1) and/or (ii) use the sensor information to control operations of the mobile platform

So, not only do they not have SCALA, they don't seem to be aware of Akida.

Could it be possible that both Argo and Mobileye had very good algorithms, but they were implementing them on 20th century processors?

That's like getting into the ring against Muhammad Ali with your shoe laces tied together.
If Mobileye is using its old tech, figures and outlook are all the more promising for BRNs future revenue possibilities. If they are aware of Akida (because of Intel) maybe they changed something in their development?
Good morning and good weekend to all
Regards Cassip

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 16 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Was thinking in the slighltly less homicidal and more plutonic range.
I'm sure PF will be able to keep them in line.
And as long as you keep them satiated you'll have no trouble. 🤣
And yes, they are the plutonium range and have a battery half life of ten thousand years, so no problemo there either, old chap.
Might be best to avoid any cups of tea they offer though, wot!
Just keep them clean and well lubricated. 🤣

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I found the following paper however I cannot access it fully. It may be of no interest but when you open the link you will find an intriguing NASA reference and one of the authors has a recent link to Carnegie Mellon.

Anyway if you have access or can access who knows it might be profitable:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0167739X22004344

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
The following paper is interesting in so far it talks about the final AKIDA technology destination but not actually AKIDA:

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

ndefries

Regular
If Mobileye is using its old tech, figures and outlook are all the more promising for BRNs future revenue possibilities. If they are aware of Akida (because of Intel) maybe they changed something in their development?
Good morning and good weekend to all
Regards Cassip

I wonder if we will partner with MobileEye? Stranger things have happened. They are now listed with a value of 25b USD. I do wonder what Shareman thinks of that. If Akida can show you be better and more versatile you can see how much more growth our share price has.

• Love
  • Fire
Easy one mate - Samsung!
Also year if you know but I'll still give you the subscription anyway if you don't know. Will sort it out later tonight just winding down with some beers.

• Love
Here is a silly question kind of.

It is Brainchips stated ambition to make AKIDA technology ubiquitous.

Ubiquitous means: : existing or being everywhere at the same time

What if Brainchip only achieves 1% of ubiquity what will that mean in dollars and cents?

The Ai semiconductor market is in its ubiquity said by Cathy Wood to be worth trillions of dollars.

This silly question gives pause for thought I believe.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
That’s chook feed ……
A billion only

• Love

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Markus Schäfer
Markus Schäfer• Follower:inMitglied des Vorstands der Mercedes-Benz Group AG, Chief Technology Officer, Entwicklung & Einkauf
1 Std. • vor 1 Stunde

At Mercedes-Benz, technology is a key driver of desire. We are focused on making life easier by turning automated driving into reality, substantially improving in-car entertainment and giving our customers back precious time.

Here at #CES, we are introducing Automatic Lane Change to our Level 2 advanced driver-assistance systems in North America. DRIVE PILOT, our Level 3 system for conditionally automated driving, is already available in Germany and now we have applied for certification in the states of California and Nevada.

The Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) has approved our application and they are now preparing the certificate of compliance that will be issued within the next two weeks. With that, Mercedes-Benz will be the first OEM to have a Level 3 system to offer in the US – and we are optimistic that California will follow soon.*

Our new Burmester audio system boasts 1,750 watts powering up to 31 speakers and eight exciters that transfer vibrations, creating an unmatched acoustic environment where you hear and feel every sound.

We’re also creating perfect harmony between the sound experience and premium content in collaboration with Apple Music, Universal Music Group and Dolby Laboratories. “Approved in a Mercedes-Benz” recordings make our vehicles the best place to listen to premium high-fidelity music. We recently added ZYNC to ensure the best quality streaming content is available directly in your Mercedes-Benz vehicle!

Finally, we announced yesterday our development of the Mercedes-Benz High Power Charging Network, to accelerate the adoption of electric mobility and drive the world toward a more sustainable future.

Follow us Mercedes-Benz AG and join us at CES (www.ces.tech) to see how we are transforming technology and desire.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Getupthere

Regular

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)

A Few Words About AI...It Is Growing Up

We asked the CTO of an artificial intelligence company, Tim Llewellynn of NVISO SA to explain what these new AI applications are capable of (an example is OpenAI’s recently released ChatGPT).

Mr. Llewellynn advised, “Think of it as the equivalent of “compound interest” for AI development. As the generative AI gets betters - it not only reduces AI development costs but also leads to better AI results. E.g.: interest on interest. Every time you iterate the cycle, you get compounding interest. The more you iterate the greater the advantage you get. Everyone is still trying to get their head around the classical “simple interest” schematic for AI development so there is a first mover advantage here for smaller and nimble startups.

So yes AI applications directly translates into a) fewer developers required; b) higher quality outputs and c) faster development cycles.”

Still a long way to grow, but AI is growing up quickly.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users
Top Bottom