BRN Discussion Ongoing

ndefries

Regular
Wow, we all know about Renesas but did anyone else see the headline below the Renesas article? It’s a link to an article about ST - also under the banner of ‘7 Neuromorphic AI’

View attachment 25985

… and then this,

View attachment 25986

The chip will sample at the end of 2022.
This article was from May 22. ..Wondering if it was covered by the 1000 eyes? Well so ST have a chip that they are now sampling that is included under ‘7 Neuromorphic AI’ banner so there’s the admission that its a nueromorphic chip. Then have a look at some of the customers lined up for this chip..

View attachment 25987

Microsoft and AWS. This is big news imo. ST are sampling a nueromorphic chip at the end of 22 and they already have BIG customers for it. Looks and quacks like it has to be us as the IP in this chip right? ..although there’s nothing being said about BRN involvement of course.
It would appear they have been investing in analog computing so not sure about this one

https://www.eenewseurope.com/en/st-hints-at-analog-in-memory-computing-chip/

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Dhm

Regular
  • Thinking
Reactions: 7 users
@Fact Finder I have never been this excited about BRN. I will say this though I'm trying to lower my expectations and see added value to the long term
Hope to get more insite on partners and where they are heading but it's hard not to. But like many how can we not pre party lol.
Hi @Kachoo
I have been in a continual state of excitement since 2017 when I first grasped the enormity of what Peter van der Made and Anil Mankar had achieved.

Every day since has involved incremental affirmation of that understanding.

The only moment when my excitement level dipped slightly was when the capital raise at 6 cents was offered to shareholders and I was discussing with my son whether to take up the entitlement and he said “Do you doubt your research?” My delayed answer was “No not in the slightest.” My excitement fully restored I took up my full entitlement and everyday since have regretted that I did not take more as it was not fully subscribed.

If I do anything negative it is only to ensure as best I can that my excitement remains grounded in the science and engineering achievements of Brainchip and its North Star.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 51 users
80c party today

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
Is this company friend or foe? My first reaction is competitor. Or do they compliment our current in cabin experienc?
I covered them the other day.

They need AKIDA in the same way that Prophesee and Nviso need AKIDA.

Without AKIDA they would be too power hungry for in cabin use of the type they are achieving with Mercedes Benz.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

ndefries

Regular
I covered them the other day.

They need AKIDA in the same way that Prophesee and Nviso need AKIDA.

Without AKIDA they would be too power hungry for in cabin use of the type they are achieving with Mercedes Benz.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Absolutely, otherwise the Mercedes boot would need to look like this! Plus how much more expensive is giant lithium batteries compared to efficient ubituous AI from Brainchip
Screenshot_20230103-090725.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users
Absolutely, otherwise the Mercedes boot would need to look like this! Plus how much more expensive is giant lithium batteries compared to efficient ubituous AI from Brainchip View attachment 25988
One picture worth a thousand Von Neumanns. 😂🤣🤡😂🤣😂🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁😂🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🎄

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
Morning Peeps,

Just received below email from Prophesee inviting me to the CES, see below screenshot, lots of use cases for their never before seen event-based Metavision technology demonstrations.

We are back at CES this year!
Secure your meeting with us at Suite 29-217

We will be at CES 2023 in Las Vegas from January 5 to January 8.

Secure a meeting to experience never-seen-before event-based Metavision® technology demonstrations from Prophesee and partners such as Brainchip, Xperi and more.

Get insights from our experts about what Metavision can do for your Mobile, IoT, AR, VR and other consumer applications.​

prophesee1.jpg

Pantene (y)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 65 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

As the brain-imitating AI systems known as neural networks grow in size and power, they are becoming more expensive and energy-hungry. For instance, to train its state-of-the-art neural network GPT-3, OpenAI spent US $4.6 million to run 9,200 GPUs for two weeks. Generating the energy that GPT-3 consumed during training released as much carbon as 1,300 cars would have spewed from their tailpipes over the same time, says study author Kwabena Boahen, a neuromorphic engineer at Stanford University, in California.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users

Gemmax

Regular
Don't give up mate , it's a very rewarding talent to possess.
I just mentioned this Samuel Beckett quote to @Straw - Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
My wife and I and my son run an accommodation business and about 10 years ago we were finding it very difficult to source good bread locally, so I decided to start making it, well as you can imagine, just like you, with no formal experience, it was a pretty fucking dismal start, excuse my French, but I persevered and the results started to get better and better with every batch I made. In the end I actually perfected a great loaf, an old style country split covered in sesame seeds, just divine, lightly toasted with of coarse lashings of butter. The punters loved it.
Nothing is more satisfying in life than the smell and taste of good fresh bread.
The irony of this story is, I can't actually eat it myself any more, as I am non coeliac gluten intolerant, life does suck sometimes. LOL:LOL:
Don't give up mate , it's a very rewarding talent to possess.
I just mentioned this Samuel Beckett quote to @Straw - Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
My wife and I and my son run an accommodation business and about 10 years ago we were finding it very difficult to source good bread locally, so I decided to start making it, well as you can imagine, just like you, with no formal experience, it was a pretty fucking dismal start, excuse my French, but I persevered and the results started to get better and better with every batch I made. In the end I actually perfected a great loaf, an old style country split covered in sesame seeds, just divine, lightly toasted with of coarse lashings of butter. The punters loved it.
Nothing is more satisfying in life than the smell and taste of good fresh bread.
The irony of this story is, I can't actually eat it myself any more, as I am non coeliac gluten intolerant, life does suck sometimes. LOL:LOL:
I have recently been diagnosed coeliac DP.
I love all things with gluten in it.
Bread /beer etc.
I am struggling atm.
I have no doubt BRN will help me through.

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 22 users

TopCat

Regular
Bread /beer etc.
I am struggling atm.
I’ve been a coeliac for 15 years…I still miss walking into a pub and getting a nice cold schooner 😢

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess

Attachments

• 1672698652402.png
    1672698652402.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 68
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

jtardif999

Regular
  • Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Quiltman

Regular
Bread /beer etc.
I am struggling atm.
Plenty of options out there ... trust me !

1672699330068.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Dang Son

Regular
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.

Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.

Renesas Culture, not so different from ours.

They chose us, remember that thought. 🤓 Tech.
High Tech
In your Crystal Balls, can you feel RENESAS stepping up for a second serving of AKIDA nodes any time soon?
HAPPY CHIPPER NEW YEAR to us all.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
Bread /beer etc.
I am struggling atm.
There are plenty of beers you can buy that are gluten free. See the link below
You will need plenty of beer to drink this year to celebrate the success Brainchip will achieve.

Chicken Wings Love GIF by Buffalo Wild Wings

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 18 users
Another ripper of a day on the asx coming up people
I can smell the green in the air as the sky is blue

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users

goodvibes

Regular
Best advertising for us from NVISO..

NVISO and BrainChip make a #winningcombo! Get ready for a game-changing #neuromorphic demo at #CES2023.

It has only been #9months since we got our hands on the first commercial #neuromorphic silicon. Hence we are pretty excited to announce our partner BrainChip will be displaying our #optimised #neuro #SDK designed to power next-generation #automotive #drivermonitoring and #interiorsensing solutions using standard CMOS RGB/NIR sensors capable to run at #ultralowpower.

NVISO Neuro SDK running on Akida allows some 🤸‍♀️ crazy stuff. What makes this great 🏆

🥈 We can run models at over 1000 FPS at ultra-low power (models run faster with 1/3 clock speed of a GPU). Think #PS5 #AR #VR type experiences in your car. #nocloud #battery
🏅 Leverage 2/4-bit quantized models that use just KBs of RAM, resulting in #massive #power and #cost #savings during production. Put models into the #tiniestofplaces running at #ultralowpower.
🎖 Fully compatible with #existing #RGB #NIR sensors, allowing for the reuse of #proven #sensor #technology and the elimination of the need to qualify new sensors. Now new training datasets - completely reuse existing data investments.
🥇 Our #unique #holistic #approach to detecting #complex #emotions maps exceptionally well to Akida’s ability to handle simultaneous multiplexing of models, something that traditional cloud, mobile, or GPU systems struggle with. Get #more #bang for your $.

👉 Read our full press release here: https://bit.ly/3GcTKPG
👉 No time to read? (watch 3min video here): https://lnkd.in/eXynZ-Pu

Our software demo at CES will showcase #real #usescases of the power of our Neuro SDK when run on BrainChip Akida neuromorphic processor. If you are in the #automotive business of building #L3 automated cars Ola Kaellenius Benjamin Petz François Piednoel Magnus Östberg Frank Weber Peter Dr. Lehnert Mary Barra Valerie Brown Said Ben Shoham Oliver Hoffmann Neda Cvijetic Firas Lethaus Dr.-Ing. Mohsen Sefati James Kuffner and you don't have an end-to-end silicon to AI solution strategy - then you should haul yourself over to the Socionext US booth in Vehicle Tech and Advanced Mobility Zone in the Las Vegas Convention Center, North Hall, booth 10654 at #CES2023 and checkout the demo.

A huge thanks to the NVISO and BrainChip teams Miguel de Prado Luigi Bagnato Bogdan Lazar Abdelrahman Abubakr Colin Mason Anil Mankar Rob Telson Todd Vierra
Nikunj Kotecha Nandan Nayampally Richard Chevalier for all their hard work in getting this demo ready for CES 2023!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 66 users

TECH

Regular
Good morning, All

Just as the 2023 trading year begins, remember this:

"We are all working hard to make your dream a reality"

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 32 users
Top Bottom