BRN Discussion Ongoing

Anyone remember how many meters mars Rover can currently travel per hour. 860 something per hour?
The search function here is really lacking. I can't find that document from NASA

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Pmel

Regular
Look at the offer and bid price. Haven't seen it before. The seller dropped as well

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221230-202442_CommSec.jpg
    Screenshot_20221230-202442_CommSec.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 224
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Anyone remember how many meters mars Rover can currently travel per hour. 860 something per hour?
The search function here is really lacking. I can't find that document from NASA
Evening Rise

My very vague memory thinks 20 something metres per hour & with the integration of Akida this distance rose significantly, many fold.

I recall Fact Finder doing several tweets on this subject , there was a NASA paper if I recall.

Fact Finder is your man or Diogenese ( AKA , jelly fish wrangler at large).

Regards,
Esq.⁷

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Xilinx goes back to 2017 and the BrainChip Accelerator
Yes you are correct. I referenced at least 2019 because I believe Xilinx supplied the FPGA on which Anil Mankar implemented the first engineering design for AKIDA1000 to limit issues before going to fab which places Xilinx at the very heart of this technologies realisation.

For those who don’t know:

“FPGAs (Field Programmable Gate Arrays) are a type of programmable hardware that can be used to implement complex digital logic circuits. They are widely used in various applications, including high-speed communication systems where nanosecond timing accuracy is critical”

To the extent it was humanly possible Peter van der Made and Anil Mankar and team did everything that can be done to ensure everything went right the first time.

AND IT DID.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
I know its not related but this too amusing not to share.

A short story

1672392940202.png
'
Pizzza box alerted location
1672393084655.png

1672393356930.png

1672393405551.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users
Evening Rise

My very vague memory thinks 20 something metres per hour & with the integration of Akida this distance rose significantly, many fold.

I recall Fact Finder doing several tweets on this subject , there was a NASA paper if I recall.

Regards,
Esq.⁷

Evening Rise

Regards,
Esq.⁷
144 m per hour my stupid brain came up with lol

Reactions: 5 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
Rise,

Iv had afew sherberts, you may be correct.

Also the German market , Tradegate , is up 14 odd% .

Esq.
All good I've had a few chupa chups and some smarties.

• Haha

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Found it tucked away in Google drive
Anyone into tea bagging here?
Turkey slapping only for me I'm afraid.:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Evening Rise

Regards,
Esq.⁷
Yes I found the document and posted above. They could possibly achieve 20 kmh with Akida. A 13788.888888889% increase If my math is correct. 🤔 No idea why my text font has changed🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Yes I found the document and posted above. They could possibly achieve 20 kmh with Akida. A 13788.888888889% increase If my math is correct. 🤔 No idea why my text font has changed🤣
You're pressing the keys too hard.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

VictorG

Reactions: 6 users

Diogenese

Top 20
ChatGPT is getting hammered in the comments section.

ChatGPT: I’m an AI bot who wrote this article to explain how I work (smh.com.au)
A common indicator of the sophistication of an AI system is how many parameters — the values that control how it learns and ingests information — it has. Apple doesn't disclose how many Siri has but the progression of OpenAI's systems gives an indication of how fast things are moving.

OpenAI’s GPT-2 system, released in 2019, had 1.5 billion. GPT-3, released initially in 2020, has 175 billion. ChatGPT is based on a newer protocol, called GPT-3.5. There are rumours that the next version will have 100 trillion parameters.

To train ChatGPT, OpenAI, which has received billions in funding from backers including Twitter owner Elon Musk and Microsoft, feeds vast corpuses of data from the internet into its system. Then humans tweak and train it to improve its response
s.

https://dineshyadav.com/chatgpt-explained/
1672398655797.png

I don't think it has got 1-shot learning yet ...

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
ChatGPT: I’m an AI bot who wrote this article to explain how I work (smh.com.au)
A common indicator of the sophistication of an AI system is how many parameters — the values that control how it learns and ingests information — it has. Apple doesn't disclose how many Siri has but the progression of OpenAI's systems gives an indication of how fast things are moving.

OpenAI’s GPT-2 system, released in 2019, had 1.5 billion. GPT-3, released initially in 2020, has 175 billion. ChatGPT is based on a newer protocol, called GPT-3.5. There are rumours that the next version will have 100 trillion parameters.

To train ChatGPT, OpenAI, which has received billions in funding from backers including Twitter owner Elon Musk and Microsoft, feeds vast corpuses of data from the internet into its system. Then humans tweak and train it to improve its response
s.

https://dineshyadav.com/chatgpt-explained/
View attachment 25643

I don't think it has got 1-shot learning yet ...
So just like the Dewey Decimal System it still needs humans to check the entries and that the fiction and non fiction have not been mixed up in the reference section and that perverse, biased and offensive information is not mistakenly catalogued.

Who would have thought the first Ai was a library in 1876:

“About

Description​

The Dewey Decimal Classification, colloquially known as the Dewey Decimal System, is a proprietary library classification system which allows new books to be added to a library in their appropriate location based on subject. It was first published in the United States by Melvil Dewey in 1876.”

I wonder if the first Dewey Decimal System installed at a library cost the equivalent of billions of dollars and produced millions of tonnes of greenhouse gases.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 30 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Speaking of greenhouse gas, ChatGPT would require 6,000kWh of power per day, 😱😱😱.

View attachment 25645

Learning 🏖

Faster than a speeding GPU, more powerful than a CNN algorithm, able to classify giant libraries in a single inference (poetic licence), cooler than a cloud server - look! up in the sky! ... Is it a bird? ... Is it a plane? ... No!
It's PvdM
with his BVDs on the outside!?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
  • Haha
  • Fire

White Horse

Regular
Insto's increasing holdings. Vanguard to be precise. Up 0.05 %.

Institutional Ownership
7.79%

Top 10 Institutions
6.73%

Mutual Fund Ownership
7.05%

Float
83.08%
Mutual Fund Ownership
Institutional Ownership
Institution NameShares Held (% Change)% Outstanding
Vanguard Investments Australia Ltd.23,171,293 (‎+0.06%)
The Vanguard Group, Inc.22,963,058 (‎+0.01%)
BlackRock Institutional Trust Company, N.A.18,881,892 (‎+0.04%)
BlackRock Advisors (UK) Limited12,901,595 (‎-0.01%)
LDA Capital Limited10,000,000 (‎-0.07%)
Irish Life Investment Managers Ltd.9,141,627 (‎-0.00%)
FV Frankfurter Vermögen AG7,500,000 (‎+0.01%)
BetaShares Capital Ltd.5,308,642 (‎+0.00%)
BlackRock Investment Management (Australia) Ltd.3,157,867 (‎+0.00%)
State Street Global Advisors Australia Ltd.3,133,230 (‎+0.00%)
State Street Global Advisors (US)2,641,218 (‎+0.01%)0.15
First Trust Advisors L.P.2,016,088 (‎-0.00%)0.12
Nuveen LLC1,773,407 (‎+0.00%)0.10
Charles Schwab Investment Management, Inc.1,543,302 (‎-0.00%)0.09
California State Teachers Retirement System1,479,448 (‎+0.01%)0.09

https://www.msn.com/en-au/money/wat...dbe88e447bdea7c96&duration=1D&l3=L3_Ownership

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 37 users

Nice side link with someone else we're friends with :)

VVDN to manufacture Intel-based products in India

1 min read . 12 Oct 2022 Shouvik Das

Gurugram-based engineering and contract manufacturing firm VVDN Technologies has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with US chipmaker Intel to manufacture enterprise grade products for companies in India.

While Intel will offer its chips and reference designs, VVDN will develop and build a range of products that include 5G radios and connected internet of things (IoT) sensors for the telecom sector, artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML)-based connected surveillance cameras, and more.

According to a statement by Intel, the manufacturing MoU with VVDN will cater to data centres and telecom infrastructure, and would be used by enterprises for deployment of 5G connectivity, cloud services and other sectors.

Steve Long, corporate vice-president and general manager, Asia-Pacific and Japan (APJ) at Intel, said that the partnership with VVDN is in line with the Indian government’s Make in India initiative. Puneet Agarwal, chief executive of VVDN, said that the company will look to locally source components from the domestic supply chain, to build products for the telecom and enterprise technology sectors.

VVDN Technologies is also manufacturing servers for domestic deployment in data centers. On 28 July, the company signed a contract with the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), a research and development organization under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (Meity) to manufacture Rudra, India’s first indigenously designed high performance computing servers.
In a statement, VVDN said that Rudra servers are tipped to be used in C-DAC’s ‘Param’ series of supercomputers, India’s most powerful supercomputers at the moment.

To be sure, chipmakers are increasingly looking at India to develop products domestically in anticipation of a higher volume of demand with the advent of 5G services in India, and the need for enterprises to upgrade.

Sachin Kalantri, senior director of product marketing at Qualcomm India, hd told Mint at the sidelines of the recently concluded India Mobile Congress 2022 that the San Diego-based chipmaker is bringing its reference designs and chips for the enterprise sector to Indian companies for the first time commercially.

“With these designs, companies can build commercial automotive, manufacturing, drone and other deployments across sectors, which represents a major market for Qualcomm in India," he said

Intel’s latest partnership with VVDN is in line with this rise in demand, which has also seen global contract manufacturers such as Foxconn, Wistron Corp and Pegatron set-up facilities in India under the union government’s production-linked incentive schemes

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 46 users
Top Bottom