BRN Discussion Ongoing

alwaysgreen

Top 20
I'm still thinking/hoping that we are working with Droneshield. They had a great announcement today that a Government agency placed an $11 million order.

Might also be worth some 1000 eye digging on Epirus, also mentioned in the announcement.

Screenshot_20221221-120510.png

Screenshot_20221221-120452.png

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users

VictorG

1671585165018.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 33 users

ndefries

Regular
  • Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
I'm still thinking/hoping that we are working with Droneshield. They had a great announcement today that a Government agency placed an $11 million order.

Might also be worth some 1000 eye digging on Epirus, also mentioned in the announcement.

Thats not a Drone shield. This is a Drone shield.

Mickdundee Ballista 4000👇
1671586600230.png

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users

wilzy123

Founding Member

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 45 users
@SharesForBrekky @Esq.111

If not used before, I find this site and the charts provided handy for tracking Anns against SP action and a quick view of what the Ann was & provides a link to click on to read the actual Ann and the SP at the time.

Example below.

Open the chart & click on "show news" at the bottom of the chart then click on a "dot" (highlighted...geez, they're everywhere huh :LOL: ) & that brings up the text box with what Ann's were there.

The text box stays open for a few seconds (if you click on the dot) or you can hover over the dot and the text box pops up to have a quick look, till you move cursor off the dot.

If you clicked the dot & kept text box open, you can then click on the Ann hyperlink, and it opens the original Ann to review.

Red - sensitive & black - not.

1671587476214.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

Boab

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Dhm

Regular
Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Oh my goodness gravy!!!!! Check out this awesome 6 minute video called "THE EDGE OF POSSIBLE". Qualcomm has teamed up with Michelle Yeoh of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon fame, to explain the benfits of AI and how it will change our lives. OMG, there are sections in the video which discuss driver recognition, drowsy driver detection, etc. It's a real doozy!!!!!!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users
@SharesForBrekky @Esq.111

If not used before, I find this site and the charts provided handy for tracking Anns against SP action and a quick view of what the Ann was & provides a link to click on to read the actual Ann and the SP at the time.

Example below.

Open the chart & click on "show news" at the bottom of the chart then click on a "dot" (highlighted...geez, they're everywhere huh :LOL: ) & that brings up the text box with what Ann's were there.

The text box stays open for a few seconds (if you click on the dot) or you can hover over the dot and the text box pops up to have a quick look, till you move cursor off the dot.

If you clicked the dot & kept text box open, you can then click on the Ann hyperlink, and it opens the original Ann to review.

Red - sensitive & black - not.

View attachment 24986
Thanks very much FMF.

This is a really cool site. It also gives really interesting information about short interest and number of media articles throughout the year.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Damo4

Regular
Shall we ask Tim Cook?
Maybe just a bulk email, all addresses for all tech companies BCC'd: Please confirm if you are using Akida?

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Maybe just a bulk email, all addresses for all tech companies BCC'd: Please confirm if you are using Akida?
We'd get fewer replies if we asked if they weren't using Akida.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Lumen Technologies, Inc.

(formerly CenturyLink) is an American telecommunications company headquartered in Monroe, Louisiana, that offers communications, network services, security, cloud solutions, voice, and managed services. The company is a member of the S&P 500 index and the Fortune 500.

It is Fabless.

It is in partnership with Cisco that Brainchip has been partnered with in the past.

It is a Fortune 500 company.

Ticks all the boxes

Is partnered with AWS - enter stage left FU Baconlover and all his dots from BRN to AWS

Plus it likes the Edge and understands the need to process close to the source of data creation to optimise bandwidth.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hi FF,

Following on from your post (above), I was very interested to read this blog from Lumen published a day ago.

Very interesting.gif

Double Down On Innovation With Edge Computing​

Next-gen applications? Your business needs to be at the edge.

Steve Grabow Steve Grabow Senior Vice President, Edge Computing, Lumen Technologies
December 20, 2022

Cloud services do not offer enough power for latency-intensive next-gen applications like AI, machine learning, robotics, smart cities, and automated manufacturing. These applications require faster computational speed than allowed in a centralized public cloud location. Edge offers a much faster computational speed with greater reliability and data processing in distributed locations closer to where data is generated, says Steve Grabow, SVP of Lumen Technologies.
The move to the cloud brought an interesting benefit for savvy business leaders: Freedom and focus, allowing them to get in an innovative state of mind. Rather than only operating an IT infrastructure, business innovators found the cloud freed them up to focus on developing innovative new applications.
The cloud also helped businesses double down on innovation. With the cloud, they could make critical applications available to personnel regardless of their location. It helped with cutting costs and consolidating valuable data.
But innovation won’t stay only in the cloud alone. The next direction for these innovators to go is to the edge – recognizing it’s the next frontier for innovation. They will move there for speed but garner a range of other benefits. While the cloud remains a great option for hosting many applications and workloads, it may not be the best place for many of today’s latency-sensitive, interaction-intensive applications. Here’s why.
Artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotic automation, and video analytics require near real-time data processing. We are talking about tremendous amounts of data that must be acquired, analyzed, and acted upon nearly instantly to produce the desired outcome.
This is where edge computing comes into play. Integrating edge computing with cloud computing offers faster data processing for these next-generation applications. Here is why the edge is where it’s all about.

Closer Than the Cloud

With edge computing, companies can shorten the physical distance that data needs to travel to reach a public cloud location or on-premises data center, resulting in reduced latency. A large, centralized data center could be hundreds of miles from where data is produced and collected. Edge computing allows businesses to place computing and storage where digital interactions occur. Edge devices can collect, process, and store data in a more distributed fashion than the cloud alone, leading to quicker response times and reduced latency.

The Edge Offers Improved Security

There are other benefits to shortening the distance data needs to travel, and that is improved security. Security remains a top priority for global IT decision-makers. 80% are concerned about data securityOpens a new window. By physically isolating data, applications, and other resources at the edge, customers can achieve more privacy and security than the cloud. This reduces risk and allows businesses to support industry-specific regulatory or compliance requirements better.
Many edge devices include built-in security capabilities that protect data that lives or transports through devices and out of centralized data centers. As the data lives at the farthest reaches or edge of a company’s network, it becomes easier to isolate and protect key data sources allowing autonomous operations to avoid disruption.

The Demand for Local Data Processing Is Increasing

The idea behind edge computing is beautifully simple: When you can’t get your data closer to your data center, you move your data center closer to your data. Think about it, applications that would power robotics don’t have time to travel to the public cloud to get the needed performance. Applications that require high volumes of interactions, like streaming analytics, are subject to costly fees for moving that data in and out of the cloud.
Enter edge data centers, which can facilitate much faster response times. 77% of global IT decision-makersOpens a new window say that only edge computing can solve their latency challenges, and 56% say that their mission-critical applications will require five milliseconds of latency or less in the coming years. That’s because data flow must be seamless and data processing lightning fast to enable things like cashier-less checkout at retail or robotic automation on the manufacturing floor. If a system or application takes too long to respond or put in place an action, the result will be a poor customer experience.
Edge computing can deliver that ultra-low latency and improved reliability. Processing data locally at the edge also reduces the traffic flowing to and from central servers, which can cut those costly data transfer fees and improve overall network performance.
See More: 4 Reasons Why Enterprise Innovation Will Come From the Cloud

Edge Computing Extends the Cloud

Cloud computing and edge computing are distinct but complementary. However, a central cloud often can’t provide the performance, low latency, and scale businesses need for their next-generation applications. A more agile, distributed environment that extends the cloud is now necessary.
Edge computing brings a unique combination of local computing and storage with built-in security and unified orchestration. Businesses can still manage applications with similar ease as the cloud but achieve reduced latency and better performance.
This does not mean that the edge replaces the public cloud or data centers. Rather, the edge is an additional place to run workloads when it makes sense and when end users can benefit from more speed.

The Future of Data Requires a Mix of Edge and Cloud Computing

According to GartnerOpens a new window, enterprise-generated data processed outside a traditional data center or cloud will jump to 75% by 2025. On their own, more than cloud services are needed to manage this growing amount of data. Businesses are grappling with creating better ways of acquiring data, analyzing it for insights, and acting upon it to drive a specific outcome. With edge computing, businesses can bring millions of smaller cloud environments closer to billions of connected devices to do more with their data.
Driving unique digital experiences is how businesses compete and win. And at the heart of those digital experiences is data. Innovators will lead the way to the edge. Future-ready businesses will be prepared at the edge for the data-intensive applications of the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Why do you think data will require edge and cloud in the future? Let us know on FacebookOpens a new window, TwitterOpens a new window, and LinkedInOpens a new window.

Steve Grabow

Steve Grabow
Senior Vice President, Edge Computing, Lumen Technologies

Steve Grabow leads Lumen’s Edge Computing organization, with responsibility for the company’s edge computing strategy and bringing to market edge solutions that help customers meet the challenges of the 4th Industrial Revolution. Steve is passionate about delivering differentiated solutions and service experiences for customers leveraging the Lumen platform. Steve has been part of the Lumen family for the last 22 years, focused on driving diverse technology capabilities spanning financial networks, hosting, colocation, cloud, consulting, and managed and professional services. Steve’s recent leadership roles at Lumen include Global Service Delivery, Managed and Professional Services, and Global Operations.
Do you still have questions? Head over to the Spiceworks Community to find answers.
Take me to Community

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

Boab

Just picked up another 5,000 @ .675
That is going to be it for me as I have other commitments coming up.
I'm confident we will get further recognition after CES in January.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users

ndefries

Regular
That’s a little odd, as would expect both BRN & DRO to be both on the Aust critical defence suppliers register, and some obvious synergies there
This is another one of those you can't just ask outright. These people are not ignorant to the fact they hold confidential information and confidential partnerships. If i was this guy and using Akida I would say the same thing. If Akida is good enough then it will be a natural choice in the future but they may be operating off constantly connected technology at the moment and it may have latency and limitations that Akida will solve we hope!

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

Vanman1100

Regular
Page 2022 and we get some good news from the office, their watching us grow.

Reactions: 2 users

Teach22

Regular
This is another one of those you can't just ask outright. These people are not ignorant to the fact they hold confidential information and confidential partnerships. If i was this guy and using Akida I would say the same thing. If Akida is good enough then it will be a natural choice in the future but they may be operating off constantly connected technology at the moment and it may have latency and limitations that Akida will solve we hope!
“I’m not the messiah”
Only the true messiah denies his divinity
“All right, I am the messiah”
He is! He is the messiah
”Now Fuck off!”

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Top Bottom