BRN Discussion Ongoing

Mn2019

Regular
Its very strange as I too went to the HC site this morning (even though I have a permanent suspension). Its full of identities that I have not seen before and I'm wondering if it is an attempt by the operators of the site to get the traffic u0p so they dont lose their precious advertising revenue?

Stiil full of bickering and put downs and makes me realise what a breath of fresh air Zeebot has created here

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users
D

Deleted member 118

Its very strange as I too went to the HC site this morning (even though I have a permanent suspension). Its full of identities that I have not seen before and I'm wondering if it is an attempt by the operators of the site to get the traffic u0p so they dont lose their precious advertising revenue?

Stiil full of bickering and put downs and makes me realise what a breath of fresh air Zeebot has created here
They must have every paid downramper working overtime, be it either down ramping or up ramping, but never the less its very comical to read.

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users

Slade

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 29 users

Slade

Top 20
I hope beneficial AI includes saving the World from Putin.

Reactions: 14 users

Diogenese

Top 20
As they used to say in Alabama:
"Separate but equal".

The USB and PCIe blocks are separate CODECs (coder/decoder) adapted for the USB communication protocol and the PCIe communication protocol respectively. You would use one or the other depending on the application.

Just as an example of a USB PCB (not Akida), on the left you can see that the usb card has only 4 contacts, two of which are used for power.

The PCIe card has lots of contacts (bottom right), so the data is transmittted in entirely different ways, eg the data in a USD is transmitted in series because there are only 2 data contacts, whereas PCIe can transmit data via up to 16 parallel "lanes" at one go.

Then there is the arrangement of the data packets (header, payload etc), and the transmission speed.
1646012790929.png

1646012993754.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_Express
1646013466590.png

Conceptually, the PCI Express bus is a high-speed serial replacement of the older PCI/PCI-X bus.[7] One of the key differences between the PCI Express bus and the older PCI is the bus topology; PCI uses a shared parallel bus architecture, in which the PCI host and all devices share a common set of address, data and control lines. In contrast, PCI Express is based on point-to-point topology, with separate serial links connecting every device to the root complex (host). Because of its shared bus topology, access to the older PCI bus is arbitrated (in the case of multiple masters), and limited to one master at a time, in a single direction. Furthermore, the older PCI clocking scheme limits the bus clock to the slowest peripheral on the bus (regardless of the devices involved in the bus transaction). In contrast, a PCI Express bus link supports full-duplex communication between any two endpoints, with no inherent limitation on concurrent access across multiple endpoints.

In terms of bus protocol, PCI Express communication is encapsulated in packets. The work of packetizing and de-packetizing data and status-message traffic is handled by the transaction layer of the PCI Express port (described later). Radical differences in electrical signaling and bus protocol require the use of a different mechanical form factor and expansion connectors (and thus, new motherboards and new adapter boards); PCI slots and PCI Express slots are not interchangeable. At the software level, PCI Express preserves backward compatibility with PCI; legacy PCI system software can detect and configure newer PCI Express devices without explicit support for the PCI Express standard, though new PCI Express features are inaccessible.

The PCI Express link between two devices can vary in size from one to 16 lanes. In a multi-lane link, the packet data is striped across lanes, and peak data throughput scales with the overall link width. The lane count is automatically negotiated during device initialization, and can be restricted by either endpoint

• Thinking
Reactions: 25 users
Reactions: 17 users

JK200SX

Regular
Just as an example of a USB PCB (not Akida), on the left you can see that the usb card has only 4 contacts, two of which are used for power.

The PCIe card has lots of contacts (bottom right), so the data is transmittted in entirely different ways, eg the data in a USD is transmitted in series because there are only 2 data contacts, whereas PCIe can transmit data via up to 16 parallel "lanes" at one go.

Then there is the arrangement of the data packets (header, payload etc), and the transmission speed.
View attachment 1944

View attachment 1946

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_Express
View attachment 1948

Conceptually, the PCI Express bus is a high-speed serial replacement of the older PCI/PCI-X bus.[7] One of the key differences between the PCI Express bus and the older PCI is the bus topology; PCI uses a shared parallel bus architecture, in which the PCI host and all devices share a common set of address, data and control lines. In contrast, PCI Express is based on point-to-point topology, with separate serial links connecting every device to the root complex (host). Because of its shared bus topology, access to the older PCI bus is arbitrated (in the case of multiple masters), and limited to one master at a time, in a single direction. Furthermore, the older PCI clocking scheme limits the bus clock to the slowest peripheral on the bus (regardless of the devices involved in the bus transaction). In contrast, a PCI Express bus link supports full-duplex communication between any two endpoints, with no inherent limitation on concurrent access across multiple endpoints.

In terms of bus protocol, PCI Express communication is encapsulated in packets. The work of packetizing and de-packetizing data and status-message traffic is handled by the transaction layer of the PCI Express port (described later). Radical differences in electrical signaling and bus protocol require the use of a different mechanical form factor and expansion connectors (and thus, new motherboards and new adapter boards); PCI slots and PCI Express slots are not interchangeable. At the software level, PCI Express preserves backward compatibility with PCI; legacy PCI system software can detect and configure newer PCI Express devices without explicit support for the PCI Express standard, though new PCI Express features are inaccessible.

The PCI Express link between two devices can vary in size from one to 16 lanes. In a multi-lane link, the packet data is striped across lanes, and peak data throughput scales with the overall link width. The lane count is automatically negotiated during device initialization, and can be restricted by either endpoint

I believe USB3 has 9 connectors, but the BUS is nowhere near as quick as the PCIE.

Reactions: 6 users

Iseki

Regular
Hi Iseki,

I was really pleased to see Cerence onboard still. I’ve written about them before. They’re a massive company and would be complimentary to Akida as they can handle the cloud side of things and from memory we’re doing in cabin services.

A few months ago I was talking them up and how it would be good to become involved with them as they are with numerous car manufacturers.. Back then their SP was $80 US on Nasdaq and are now $35 which shows how fortunes can fluctuate.

I would be very pleased if Cerence became a customer of Brainchip!

Along with Denso and Valeo of course. We’d have most of the car market covered and become the de-facto industry standard!

Cheers
I wonder if there is an agreed standard for queuing and triaging and transmission of sensor data that would make it easier to plug some akida chips into the cars for immediate gain of function. I'm thinking of the usual situation where a rare event like the detection of vibrations on the steering (floodwaters?) overrides messages from some server (you're travelling 80kph in a 100 zone).

Reactions: 4 users
This is a long article that is an easy MUST read but it puts together a few important dots and finishes on a high.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

The question was asked what portion of the 60 billion dollar edge market by 2025 relates to chips/semiconductors.

The following is an interesting quote:

“Giving an update on the semiconductor industry, he said that semiconductor sales were expected to grow >10 percent to ~$625 billion in 2022. There are 86 fabs coming up all over the world in the next 4-5 years. New disruptions are also driving exponential growth. The industry is currently undergoing unprecedented growth. Without semiconductors, major companies would not exist. The pandemic has significantly highlighted the importance of semiconductors. Tesla today is semiconductors on wheels.”

I only have one question:

What is 1 percent of $625 billion?

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 42 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I believe USB3 has 9 connectors, but the BUS is nowhere near as quick as the PCIE.
I'm sure you're right - just goes to show, you turn your back for ten years and they go and change everything.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

JK200SX

Regular
I'm sure you're right - just goes to show, you turn your back for ten years and they go and change everything.

I have this T-shirt at home and the wife hates it :)

1646017239961.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

butcherano

Regular
The question was asked what portion of the 60 billion dollar edge market by 2025 relates to chips/semiconductors.

The following is an interesting quote:

“Giving an update on the semiconductor industry, he said that semiconductor sales were expected to grow >10 percent to ~$625 billion in 2022. There are 86 fabs coming up all over the world in the next 4-5 years. New disruptions are also driving exponential growth. The industry is currently undergoing unprecedented growth. Without semiconductors, major companies would not exist. The pandemic has significantly highlighted the importance of semiconductors. Tesla today is semiconductors on wheels.”

I only have one question:

What is 1 percent of $625 billion?

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
G'day @Fact Finder. I think you may have attached the wrong link in your previous post?...

Reactions: 1 users
Reactions: 2 users
If by previous you mean the Foosball article it is the correct article??? FF
The quote is from another paper entirely but fits with the links being made by others back to Western Sydney University and a range of government, defence and private companies including the known Early Adopters and Licensees.

FF.

Reactions: 7 users

butcherano

Regular
The quote is from another paper entirely but fits with the links being made by others back to Western Sydney University and a range of government, defence and private companies including the known Early Adopters and Licensees.

FF.
Ahh…I’m with you now!...don’t mind me. As you were…;). I actually posted a longer version of the foosball article earlier this morning with a heap more photos in it. Wouldn‘t mind catching up at that bar for a beer when they all meet up later in the year. Would have been better if it was in Sydney instead….

• Fire
Reactions: 2 users

FF.
In my mind there is this huge developing spider web of connections which create the background to Peter van der Made stating that there will be explosive sales, and Sean Hehir stating that they have an expectation that most of the current EAPs will also proceed.

When you look at the quality of the exposed EAPs and how fearful the company is of exposing details of these unnamed EAPs if Brainchip brings on board a further 8 of the eleven EAPs and they have standing equal to Mercedes Benz then the one percent of $625 billion seems conservative.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 50 users

Martin00

Emerged
Over 2mill. sold at the market match plus another 80k at 4.30 @ $1.20
A little jump from the $1.175 price prior to close.

• Thinking
Reactions: 21 users

Jefwilto

Regular
Over 2mill. sold at the market match plus another 80k at 4.30 @ $1.20
A little jump from the $1.175 price prior to close.
Marty maybe something to do with the end of the month who knows

Reactions: 4 users

Just a little piece of information that many holders would know but more recent guests may not. Last year the 1,000 Eyes had their attention drawn to a slide showing partners of Western Sydney University contained Brainchip and the US Defence Department and very shortly after the reveal they were both removed from view. The removal of both at exactly the same time was the interesting aspect. Since then we have had the US Airforce Research grant.

This connection is interesting in the light of the original find by Butcherano of the Foosball robotic references.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
PS: Thanks Dio for the USB PCle education. FF

• Fire
Reactions: 33 users

I do hope I am not starting to sound like one of those poor souIs I used to look after in the police who had paranoid delusions and tin foil wrapped around the inside of their hats but putting together what I think are real facts the spiders web just got a tiny bit bigger again when you add in uiux's Hypersonic thread, Western Sydney University, NASA, Vorago, and the following:

BrainChip Holdings Ltd (24Y.F) latest press releases ...

https://au.finance.yahoo.com › quote › press-releases

... 2022--Information Systems Laboratories, is developing an AI-based radar research solution for the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) based on Akida.

US Air Force Adds Scientific Research Office in Australia
https://www.afcea.org › Home › Technology

1 Nov 2021 — The U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory is opening a scientific ... contracts and grants between the Air Force and overseas research and ..

U.S. Air Force Adds Scientific Research Office in Australia​

November 1, 2021
By George I. Seffers
About the Author

The move strengthens science partnership with a key ally.​

The U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory is opening a scientific research facility in Melbourne, Australia, to be co-located with that country’s Defence Science and Technology Group. The new office will enhance cooperation between the two countries on basic scientific research that will benefit both militaries.
The office will be part of the Asian Office of Aerospace Research and Development (AOARD), which promotes science and scientific interchange across the region by generating and monitoring contracts and grants between the Air Force and overseas research and development organizations. It is a branch of the International Science Division of the Air Force Office of Scientific Research, which falls under the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. The Air Force Office of Scientific Research also has offices in London and in Santiago, Chile. Plans call for an additional satellite office in Brazil as well as Australia.
The AOARD headquarters office is co-located with Army and Navy personnel, so it also fosters relationships between the services. Established in 1992, it shares offices at Hardy Barracks, Tokyo, with the Army’s International Technology Center and the Office of Naval Research Global-Asia.
Australia is one of the so-called five eyes nations along with Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom and the United States. The term “five eyes” refers to the fact that they share intelligence with one another. Australia and AOARD have a strong history of cooperation on scientific research, according to Jermont Chen, the AOARD director.
“They’re excellent partners in combustion, hypersonics, aerospace, quantum—pretty much everything,” Chen says. “The purpose is to cross-pollinate and to leverage each other. They can leverage our funding, and we can leverage their knowledge of the area and focus on our [mutual] goals.”
Australia’s Defence Science and Technology Group, which is contributing the office space, brings together interdisciplinary expertise from across the country and around the world to address that nation’s national security challenges. It is made up of nine divisions for aerospace; cyber and electronic warfare; intelligence, surveillance and space; joint operations and analysis; land operations; maritime operations; research services; science engagement and impact; and weapons and combat systems.
The personnel in the new office also will work closely with the U.S. Army International Technology Center-Pacific, which conducts technology research and facilitates government-to-government engagements with people assigned to Japan, Singapore and Australia, and with the U.S. Office of Naval Research Global, which fosters long-range strategic efforts that address the needs shared by the Navy and by international partners. Both organizations already have offices in Melbourne. “They will be coordinating like we do here in Tokyo,” Chen says.
Chen cannot estimate when the office will officially open in large part because of delays associated with the pandemic, but the office will be minimally staffed with two researchers—one military and one civilian—and perhaps one administrative position. The staff will conduct basic research about 50 percent of the time, and the other 50 percent of the time will raise awareness, enhance engagement and build relationships.
Although the office is not yet open, the two researchers have been hired. “The people we’ve selected are in place, and they’re teleworking for Australia from their locations right now,” Chen says.
Historically, AOARD has worked with Australia from its headquarters in Tokyo, but that meant long flights for short visits. And when scientists did visit, schedules often would be packed with many appointments at multiple locations. Now, because of the coronavirus pandemic and travel restrictions into Australia, having in-country liaisons is that much more beneficial.
For strategic regions, the Indo-Pacific region is a top priority for the Defense Department, so strong relationships with Australia and others are critical. “A lot of times we’ll talk about science diplomacy. I don’t think that’s our [primary] role, but it is something that we provide,” Chen explains. “I think the best thing that we do is that we put scientists together. We make them drink coffee and make them talk science. That gets everyone’s creative juices flowing, and that could produce some interesting collaborations.”
The basic research that AOARD funds can sometimes lead to applied science projects between Indo-Pacific countries and the AFRL, he adds. Researchers engage in those collaborative projects through two kinds of government-to-government lab agreements known as data exchange agreements and project agreements.
In addition, the Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR) sponsors international cooperation efforts through so-called country initiatives. Those are three-year efforts funded at about $1 million per year. The Air Force pays for the work done by its U.S. researchers, and the other countries fund the work done by their scientists. “It’s kind of like a Dutch date but in research,” Chen says.
The AOARD recently renewed international initiatives for Taiwan and Korea. It also has awarded 20 grants over the past year. As examples of the type of science funded under the initiatives, Chen cites nanoscience research with Taiwan, an autonomy initiative with Australia and nanosciences, space and quantum science initiatives with South Korea.
The AOARD also has supported a synthetic biology project with the AFRL’s 711th Human Performance Wing, Northwestern University in Illinois, which has an AFOSR Center of Excellence, and the National University of Singapore, which is funded by the Republic of Singapore’s Ministry of Defence. “What the whole team is focused on is human performance and how to mitigate things with synthetic biology. For example, they might be able to help soldiers be protected against heat stress. Obviously, heat stress is really important for the Air Force, and Singapore is a very hot country, so they’re also interested,” he reports.
International collaboration poses challenges. In Japan, for example, article nine of the constitution states that the Japanese people forever renounce war as a sovereign right of the nation and the threat or use of force as means of settling international disputes. For that reason, land, sea and air forces, as well as other potential war capabilities, will never be maintained. The Self-Defense Force is considered an extension of the national police force. It is supposed to be maintained at a bare minimum level, just enough to defend the country. As a result, universities often do not accept funding from U.S. defense organizations.
Additionally, the U.S. Education Department launched investigations earlier this year into Harvard and Yale research centers and demanded those universities turn over documentation regarding funding from China, Iran, Qatar, Russia and Saudi Arabia.
“I think this, in Asia, is a challenge. It will probably take some time to figure out where we can go with this as each country’s science organization continues to work the issue internally,” Chen says.
For both kinds of problems, Chen asserts, the best solution is raising awareness. He points out that AOARD funds long-term, basic research that culminates in scientific papers, not applied science that results in technology that can be used in the near term. Furthermore, the U.S. Air Force does not demand ownership of intellectual property rights from research grants but does want rights for government use.
While the AOARD’s research priorities align with those of the Air Force and the Defense Department, Chen lists hypersonics and quantum communications as being especially critical to the Indo-Pacific region. The area is seeing a lot of funding for quantum computing from various countries. “And I can’t say quantum computing without saying artificial intelligence. These are definite game-changers for the Air Force, for the Defense Department.”
He also cites synthetic biology, his own area of expertise, which he describes as “trying to hack biology to do something it’s not naturally meant to do.” Synthetic biology could potentially lead to specialized coatings that prevent barnacles from attaching to ships, camouflage that changes colors or patterns in different environments, or armor that heals itself. The AFRL announced in 2019 that researchers used bacteria to rapidly build a prototypical aircraft runway. They essentially sprayed on the bacteria, nurtured it and watched it grow.
Chen also notes the importance of space domain awareness and navigation, especially now that the AFRL and its subordinate organizations support the recently created Space Force. “Are there new ideas or new tools that are available to see things, to identify things from afar, and to track things? That hammer that the astronaut dropped is now going really, really fast and can be in orbit for a long time. For these big-ticket topics, Asia is very well suited to help us find the gaps.”

We may never know just what AKID technology is being used for but after Puto's crazy nuclear order today I am extremely glad it is our side that has this technology.
My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users
Top Bottom