BRN Discussion Ongoing

Agree there is junk science but a little investigation can usually reveal it to be just that.

Yes.

Need to look at the time scales though, money to be made while the arguments are being resolved. As a lawyer did you ever employ similar tactics?
Do not understand the question need more info? FF

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Slade

Top 20
Hey gang!

In this article dated 25 Feb 2022 it says "Valeo is going all-in on a business strategy focused on electrification and advanced driver-assistance systems to secure its place in a market it believes will see an “explosion” in growth.

Explosion in growth? Now where have I heard that expression used before? 😝

Good times!

(Extract)

“Our strategy is very simple and straight forward. Mobility will become carbon-free and will become safer,” Périllat says. “The technologies behind this are going to be electrification and ADAS or driving assistance. The growth and use of these technologies will, literally, explode in the coming years.”

He says we are only at the beginning of a period of what he calls hypergrowth for these two pivotal markets for the automotive industry.

“I think the growth in electrification and ADAS will last one or two decades and be a growth that we have never seen before,” Périllat continues. “In the next 15 years the electrification market will reach €200 billion ($224 billion), while the ADAS market will reach €120 billion ($134 billion).

Apart from wanting to live a greener lifestyle, I now certainly don’t want to pump Putin’s gas into my next car. I’m sure many people around the World are thinking the same thing. My next car will be an EV.

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users

FJ-215

Regular
Do not understand the question need more info? FF
Ok, change that to: Did you ever come across case where stalling was used in a tactic to maximize profits for wrong doers??

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Dang Son

Regular
Some things I'm not looking forward to in the future.

Bad enough now getting a lecture from my GP every 6 months, don't need it every morning from the crapper!!
It could provide early detection of anomalies and possibly provide general dietary, vitamin and mineral recommendation

Reactions: 4 users
Ok, change that to: Did you ever come across case where stalling was used in a tactic to maximize profits for wrong doers??
Constantly. I ran one case against the State of NSW for 11 years multiple civil trials and appeals to the Court of Appeal where in giving my three clients their umpteenth win the three judges ordered that the Crown Solicitor investigate why the State of NSW had unnecessarily prolonged the proceedings and why the original offer I had made on behalf of my three clients had been rejected ten years earlier. The court found that the conduct was so egregious that they awarded my client’s full indemnity costs. We made some great law in that case which continues to benefit others in their situation. The case received quite a lot of publicity. FF

• Love

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
AKIDA combined with sensor in the toilet bowl ,
for full analysis of a user's waste products.😃
The Smart Toilet, interphased by the individual's Bluetooth App

Agreed Dang, we shouldn't pooh-pooh the idea of AI dunnies. When you get to the bottom of it, so to speak, there's a lot of health benefits and money to be made and I am not talking crap when I say that either as this article will attest to.

B x
:poop:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Akida to mars.png

• Haha
  • Fire

Dang Son

Regular
Does anyone have an opinion on the likelihood of CCP following Putin's example and possibly moving in on Taiwan?
As devastating as that would be for Taiwan, can we get our Information Technology out safely and where would we go for chip fabrication?
Is it time to take action now, being as Chinese troops storming in on the like of TSMC could be a strategy IMO to pillage such advanced IP ?

Diogenese

Top 20
Agreed Dang, we shouldn't pooh-pooh the idea of AI dunnies. When you get to the bottom of it, so to speak, there's a lot of health benefits and money to be made and I am not talking crap when I say that either as this article will attest to.

B x
:poop:

It was once a thing to moon your co-employees and bosses via the networked photocopier. It fizzled out when the culptit was identified by their bumprint.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Does anyone have an opinion on the likelihood of CCP following Putin's example and possibly moving in on Taiwan?
As devastating as that would be for Taiwan, can we get our Information Technology out safely and where would we go for chip fabrication?
Is it time to take action now, being as Chinese troops storming in on the like of TSMC could be a strategy IMO to pillage such advanced IP ?
The instructions to make Akida will self-destruct in 15 seconds - but I'm pretty sure the mainlanders would already have them.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
The instructions to make Akida will self-destruct in 15 seconds - but I'm pretty sure the mainlanders would already have them.
I personally do not see Ukraine in the same light as Taiwan. Poor Ukraine has nothing really that the US wants to protect except for a fledgling democracy. If Russia takes over the Ukraine it will really have no implications for the US. Look what the US was happy to tolerate by pulling out of Afganistan.

Taiwan on the other hand has TSMC and the US currently needs TSMC to continue to produce semiconductors until it is up and running everywhere else around the world. The USA is also spending big on encouraging Intel and others to heavily invest in semiconductor foundries to ensure supply. Once TSMC has factories in Japan, USA and Europe that is when poor old Taiwan will be at risk. The CCP are not stupid and will know that just by waiting a couple of years an invasion of Taiwan will be something that will not materially interfere with the economic interests of the US and they will be unlikely to step in militarily.

In fact if TSMC was going to start business again I doubt that it would do so in Taiwan. Leaving aside the geopolitical issues TSMC foundries need lots of fresh clean water and Taiwan regularly has shortages of this liquid in fact only about 6 months ago there was concern that TSMC might need to start importing water to keep operating. So there is an argument that once TSMC has its other mega foundries up and running around the World it could make a business decision to start winding back the amount of production it does in Taiwan particularly given the risk of the CCP invading.

I also agree with Dio that if the CCP did decide to invade Taiwan there would be one hell of an explosion at the TSMC foundry. TSMC has produced chips for NASA and DARPA going back years so I have little doubt that there will be a contingency plan in place. It is not just AKIDA technology in play or at risk.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I personally do not see Ukraine in the same light as Taiwan. Poor Ukraine has nothing really that the US wants to protect except for a fledgling democracy. If Russia takes over the Ukraine it will really have no implications for the US. Look what the US was happy to tolerate by pulling out of Afganistan.

Taiwan on the other hand has TSMC and the US currently needs TSMC to continue to produce semiconductors until it is up and running everywhere else around the world. The USA is also spending big on encouraging Intel and others to heavily invest in semiconductor foundries to ensure supply. Once TSMC has factories in Japan, USA and Europe that is when poor old Taiwan will be at risk. The CCP are not stupid and will know that just by waiting a couple of years an invasion of Taiwan will be something that will not materially interfere with the economic interests of the US and they will be unlikely to step in militarily.

In fact if TSMC was going to start business again I doubt that it would do so in Taiwan. Leaving aside the geopolitical issues TSMC foundries need lots of fresh clean water and Taiwan regularly has shortages of this liquid in fact only about 6 months ago there was concern that TSMC might need to start importing water to keep operating. So there is an argument that once TSMC has its other mega foundries up and running around the World it could make a business decision to start winding back the amount of production it does in Taiwan particularly given the risk of the CCP invading.

I also agree with Dio that if the CCP did decide to invade Taiwan there would be one hell of an explosion at the TSMC foundry. TSMC has produced chips for NASA and DARPA going back years so I have little doubt that there will be a contingency plan in place. It is not just AKIDA technology in play or at risk.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
TSMC have not been asleep at the wheel:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TSMC

The following fabs were in operation in 2020:[95]

• Four 300 mm "GIGAFABs" in operation in Taiwan: Fab 12 (Hsinchu), 14 (Tainan), 15 (Taichung), 18 (Tainan)
  • Four 200 mm wafer fabs in full operation in Taiwan: Fab 3, 5, 8 (Hsinchu) , 6 (Tainan)
  • TSMC China Company Limited, 200 mm: Fab 10 (Shanghai)
  • TSMC Nanjing Company Limited, 300 mm: Fab 16 (Nanjing)
  • WaferTech L.L.C., TSMC's wholly owned US subsidiary, a 200 mm fab: Fab 11 (Camas, Washington)
  • SSMC (Systems on Silicon Manufacturing Co.), a joint venture with NXP Semiconductors in Singapore, 200 mm, where production started at the end of 2002
  • One 150 mm wafer fab in full operation in Taiwan: Fab 2 (Hsinchu)
Fab partially online as of 2021:

• Fab 18, 300 mm (Tainan), phase 3 and 4[97]
Fab planned as of 2021:

• Arizona, USA (under construction November 2021, anticipated to use 5 nm process)[98]
  • Kumamoto, Japan (planned groundbreaking in 2021, anticipated to use 22 nm and 28 nm process)[50][51]
TSMC has four Backend Fabs under operation: Fab 1 (Hsinchu), 2 (Tainan), 3 (Taoyuan City), and 5 (Taichung)

In 2020, TSMC announced a planned fab in Phoenix, Arizona, USA, intended to begin production by 2024 at a rate of 20,000 wafers per month. As of 2020, TSMC announced that it would bring its newest 5 nm process to the Arizona facility, a significant break from its prior practice of limiting US fabs to older technologies. However, the Arizona plant will not be fully operational until 2024, by which time the 5 nm process is projected to be replaced by TSMC's 3 nm process as the latest technology.[99] At launch it will be the most advanced fab in the United States.[98] TSMC plans to spend $12 billion on the project over eight years, beginning in 2021.[99] It will create 1,900 jobs directly. [100]

The investment of US$9.4 billion to build its third 300mm wafer fabrication facility in Central Taiwan Science Park (Fab 15) was originally announced in 2010.[101] The facility was expected to manufacture over 100,000 wafers a month and generate US$5 billion per year of revenue.[102] TSMC has continued to expand advanced 28 nm manufacturing capacity at Fab 15.[103]

On 12 January 2011, TSMC announced the acquisition of land from Powerchip Semiconductor for NT$2.9 billion (US$96 million) to build two additional 300mm fabs (Fab 12B) to cope with increasing global demand.[104]

• Fire

Dang Son

Regular
Dio
Are you suggesting CCP already have our AKIDA recipy on file from earlier collaborations?

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Just a thought FF, if TSMC continue to dominate, then the majority of countries will depend on them (including the US). This means if China do happen to invade Taiwan and the TSMC foundry there, TSMC will be impacted in a pretty bad way and therefore impact those countries that are dependent on them, whether they use a foundry in Taiwan or not.

Therefore, I believe Taiwan should always be backed heavily by the US and their Allies, and in this case China could be hesitant to invade.

China may also want to invade and claim TSMC as their own as a way to dominate and control the semiconductor industry, which of course would not sit well with the rest of the world.

Reactions: 10 users

hamilton66

Regular
There's some gossip getting around about us labs there 🤔 ?

F, not sure about ur logic there. Plenty of geopolitical, and resource based

F, poor Ukraine has nothing that the US wants? Suggest u do some research.
Ukraine are certainly not insignificant in the big picture, both geopolitically, and resource wise.
GLTA

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users
Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 51 users

Dang Son

Regular

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Evening Diogenese,

Well that escalated quickly.

Amazing the capitol being injected into silicone fabrication plants globally.

Completely irrelevant, below is a quick comparison of the kind of capitol being spent and what can be achived.

TSMC ,
Arizona fabrication plant under construction in USA,
For the fabrication of 5nm and below.
Estimated cost
$ 16,588,332,000.00 AU.

Or

Gazprom Nord Stream 2
Russia to Germany,
Natural gas pipeline,
1,230 km long,
1.22 metre diameter pipe,
Deliver 55 billion cubic metres of gas per annum.
Estimated Cost $14,812,732,500.00 AU.
Apparently completed, yet shut down due to sanctions on Russia.

*Like to think the first one will be used to bake delicious slices of silicone spread with the AKIDA secret sauce.

Hope we all have a great week ahead.

Regards,
Esq.

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
F, not sure about ur logic there. Plenty of geopolitical, and resource based

F, poor Ukraine has nothing that the US wants? Suggest u do some research.
Ukraine are certainly not insignificant in the big picture, both geopolitically, and resource wise.
GLTA
Hi H
Clearly if the US wanted what Ukraine has badly enough they would be there but they are not. None of the resources you have nominated are rare and unavailable elsewhere.

Taiwan has TSMC. It is unique and the US needs them at the moment and up until they have replaced them or have them producing what they need outside Taiwan and China’s sphere of influence.

It all seems pretty simple really. Until the US interest is directly affected they are not going to become directly involved.

It is only my opinion but it gets support from the fact that the US has said it will not put troops on the ground in the Ukraine. It also limited the military weapons it supplied to Ukraine however it has been far more generous in that regard with Taiwan.

In 2019 the value of exports from the Ukraine to the US was less than 1 billion US dollars.

The latest value of exports from Taiwan to the US was over 50 billion US dollars.

FF

Reactions: 17 users
Top Bottom