BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
Edge Impulse
Edge Impulse

HULK-V is an open source, low-cost heterogeneous RISC-V SoC running Linux within a 250 mW power envelope while providing up to 13.8 GOps and 157 GOps/W. Equipped with an 8-core Programmable Multi-Core Accelerator, it's capable of accelerating the execution of complex DSP and ML tasks by up to 112x over the host processor.

cc: Luca Valente, Yvan Tortorella, Mattia Sinigaglia, Giuseppe Tagliavini, Alessandro Capotondi, Luca Benini, Davide Rossi
View attachment 23348

Hi Sirod,

The RISCY NN core 7 & 8 are not Akida.

The Programmable Multi-Core Accelerator (PMCA) is built around 8 CV32E4-based cores [19] sharing 16×8 kB SRAM banks, composing a 128 kB L1SPM, and it is invoked by the host to run computation-intensive kernels. The cores feature a custom RV32 extension, providing many DSP and ML features, like hardware loops, MAC & Load operation, SIMD operations, and post-increment LD/ST. The cluster features 8 FPUs supporting FP32 and FP16 with SIMD support. SIMD operations, not available in the CVA6 host core, reduce the operands’ width to double or quadruple the number of operations per cycle. On integer numbers, the precision can be reduced down to 8-bit and down to 16-bit for FP. The cluster also features a two-level I-cache: 512 B for each core and 4 kB shared.
[FPU = Floating point unit]

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Dhm

Regular
And this is what HPE says about the EDGE:

I have just read it on my phone but ideally you need to open it on a laptop or PC to make it easy. It is worth the trouble.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Thank you FF for sharing this article with us. At first I had to look up who HPE is...Hewlett Packard Enterprise. It is as though they were writing a precursur to introducing Brainchip as an ideal edge solution. Who knows....

Some of the things Peter Van Der Made highlighted a few years ago about autonomous driving and how Akida could compete instantly would fit within the article. He used the example of a ball rolling across the road. The edge processing of an isolated incident like this will assume a child will also run out after the ball. Also, a plastic bag blowing around ahead of the car will be correctly determined as safe, as opposed to a more densely shaped object which may cause an accident.I am very happy thet Peter is so visionary and I am a small part of the ride to the safe future of Brainchip.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
I personally like to revisit past events and today it was the appointment of Mr. Stevens to Sales and Mr. Telson to Ecosystems:

Chris Stevens, Industry Veteran Joins BrainChip to Lead WW Sales​

Laguna Hills, Calif. – September 8, 2022 BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of neuromorphic AI IP, announced that Chris Stevens has joined as Vice President of WW Sales to lead and expand BrainChip sales. Mr. Stevens will leverage his extensive sales leadership experience and semiconductor network to drive customer opportunity and revenue.
Mr. Stevens was most recently Global Vice President of Sales for Syntiant Corporation, a leading edge AI semiconductor provider, where he built a world-wide sales team and drove revenue growth with tier-1 key accounts. He has also held executive sales positions at Centercode, Lantronix, Mindspeed Technologies, and Texas Instruments. An electrical engineer by training, Stevens is intimate with edge AI semiconductor technology, its ecosystem, and the requirements to accelerate adoption and sales.
“I have tracked BrainChip’s progress closely, as I’ve been selling into the same edge AI market. I am thrilled to take this sales leadership role with confidence as AkidaTM is uniquely superior and positioned to be the de facto standard for edge AI semiconductor IP”, said Stevens. “With use-case, market, and customer targeting, I’m certain I will contribute to further ecosystem penetration and accelerated sales”.
“Our focus on commercialization is unrelenting and critical to the next phase of scaling our business”, said Sean Hehir, CEO. “Chris brings deep domain experience and sales acumen; I’m certain he is going to have significant impact on our strategic objectives”.
Mr. Stevens will manage and grow BrainChip’s WW Sales and Technical Sales teams, while Rob Telson, the former VP of WW Sales, will now manage and grow Ecosystems and Partnerships”

These are the companies that are invested in Syntiant the company that Mr. Stevens left to join Brainchip:

• Nov 17

• 2 min

Syntiant Corp. Named Among Fastest-Growing Companies in North America by Deloitte​

Irvine, Calif., November 16, 2022 — Syntiant Corp., a leader in delivering end-to-end edge AI solutions for always-on applications, today announced that it has been named to the Deloitte Technology Fast 500™, a ranking of the 500 fastest-growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences, fintech, and energy tech companies in North America.

Now in its 28th year, the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 award winners are selected based on a revenue growth rate of 75 percent or higher, number of years in business, customer sales and operating revenue of at least $5 million.

64a391_7323ce034b4c45c5b809a97b40fb70ac~mv2.jpg

“Being listed in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 is indicative of our ability to execute on Syntiant’s growth strategy, going from startup to delivering production-ready edge AI solutions in just a couple of years,” said Kurt Busch, CEO of Syntiant. “Before Syntiant, artificial intelligence was relegated to the cloud, unconstrained by area and power. Today, we have shipped more than 20 million neural decision processors and production-grade deep learning models to customers across the globe, bringing highly accurate, cloud-free inferences to all kinds of devices with near-zero power consumption.”

The companies on the 2022 Deloitte Technology Fast 500 achieved significant revenue growth from 2018 to 2021, ranging from 241 percent to 125,138 percent, with median growth of 611 percent. Ranked 46, Syntiant achieved a growth rate of 3,577 percent from 2018 to 2021.

“Representing all facets of technology, the winners have shown they not only have the vision but can also expertly manage their companies through rapid growth,” said Christie Simons, partner, Deloitte & Touche LLP and industry leader for technology, media and telecommunications within Deloitte’s audit and assurance practice. “We congratulate each winner on their impressive achievements.”

About Syntiant 

Founded in 2017 and based in Irvine, California, Syntiant Corp. is a leader in delivering end-to-end deep learning solutions for always-on applications by combining purpose-built silicon with an edge-optimized data platform and training pipeline. Syntiant’s advanced chip solutions merge deep learning with semiconductor design to produce ultra-low-power, high performance, deep neural network processors for edge AI applications across a wide range of consumer and industrial use cases, from earbuds to automobiles. The company is backed by several of the world’s leading strategic and financial investors including Intel Capital, Microsoft’s M12, Applied Ventures, Robert Bosch Venture Capital, the Amazon Alexa Fund and Atlantic Bridge Capital. More information on the company can be found by visiting www.syntiant.com or by following Syntiant on Twitter @Syntiantcorp or LinkedIn. 

So I ask why??? did he leave to join Brainchip. There can only be one reason in my opinion.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
So basically what you are saying is that Brainchips Neuromorphic AI SNN chip Akida is superior in every facet compared to anything Syntiant offers.
If AKIDA could talk it would say "THERE IS NO COMPETITION BECAUSE NOBODY CAN BE ME"
Orange Is The New Black Brook Soso GIF

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
The words or word 'BrainChip' will be ubiquitous in the press as the whiff of Musk blows across all media outlets.
But I fear Musk’s chip, that is implanted into the brain, being referred to as a “brain chip” will have negative connotations to BrainChip as people mistakenly associate the two. And being ubiquitous will be bad! That’s why I am so happy that our marketing is using Akida pretty much all the time now.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Vojnovic

Regular
But I fear Musk’s chip, that is implanted into the brain, being referred to as a “brain chip” will have negative connotations to BrainChip as people mistakenly associate the two. And being ubiquitous will be bad! That’s why I am so happy that our marketing is using Akida pretty much all the time now.
Yes, even now when you enter "Brainchip" into the search engine, you have to sift through a sea of dystopian posts about "Brain Chip". Hence why I always start my searches in Google with "Brainchip -elon -neuralink".
Not to mention how confusing it would get if Elon incorporated our Brainchip into his Brain Chip... or how frightening the prospect of a monkey uprising!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Mugen74

Regular
A scary thought🤣

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Diogenese

Top 20
A little distraction from BRN but still in the Edge AI sphere.
IMO I think we should dig into whatever patents they claim have to see if there are any infringements against BRN

A press release by Atlazo in Jan 2021 reads:

Atlazo Launches the World's First Edge AI System-On-Chip (SoC) for Tiny Devices​

Skip forward to August 2022 and the news headline reads:

Four Charged with $150 Million Fraud on San Diego Technology Company​

Atlazo :
US11488002B2 Binary neural network accelerator engine methods and systems

1669943102376.png

Disclosed are methods, apparatus and systems for a binary neural network accelerator engine. One example circuit is designed to perform a multiply-and-accumulate (MAC) operation using logic circuits that include a first set of exclusive nor (XNOR) gates to generate a product vector based on a bit-wise XNOR operation two vectors. The result is folded and operated on by another set of logic circuits that provide an output for a series of adder circuits. The MAC circuit can be implemented as part of binary neural network at a small footprint to effect power and cost savings.

An XNOR gate is an "all or nothing" two-input device.
Its output is "1" if both inputs are "1" or if both inputs are "0".
If one input is "1" and the other input is "0", the output is "0".

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

MrNick

Regular
Agreed, he won't be able to use our company name as it stands due to IP conflicts. Agree again, 'Akida' is the key USP. The utter cynic in me has even contemplated him buying the business to eleviate the naming conflict and be able to 'own' the terminology 'brainchip'. He's a loose canon and they often fly off at maverick directions to enable and support their professional domination. Either way, we've been around for a long time and we know where our technology is heading, so he may have to engage a few brain cells to swerve the ubiquitous choice of industry going forward. Finally, I really don't like the idea of one of his few remaining colleagues getting hold an Akida dev kit... the connotations and repercussions for BC could be detrimental.

Reactions: 2 users

Quercuskid

Regular
Announcement but not what we were after 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

Quercuskid

Regular
Information or documents not available now must be given to ASX as soon as available. Information and documents given to ASX become ASX’s property and may be made public.
Introduced 30/09/01 Amended 01/01/11
Name of entity Brainchip Holdings Ltd ABN 64 151 159 812
We (the entity) give ASX the following information under listing rule 3.19A.2 and as agent for the director for the purposes of section 205G of the Corporations Act.
Appendix 3Y Change of Director’s Interest Notice
Rule 3.19A.2
Name of Director Sean Hehir
Date of last notice 30 November 2022
Part 1 - Change of director’s relevant interests in securities
In the case of a trust, this includes interests in the trust made available by the responsible entity of the trust
Note: In the case of a company, interests which come within paragraph (i) of the definition of “notifiable interest of a director” should be
disclosed in this part.
Direct and Indirect
Mr Hehir is a beneficial holder of shares on
01 December 2022
Fully Paid Ordinary Shares
Nil.
917,025 Fully Paid Ordinary Shares Between $0.725 and $0.765 per trade.
Appendix 3Y Page 1
Direct or indirect interest
Date of change
Class
Number acquired Number disposed
+ See chapter 19 for defined terms. 01/01/2011
Nature of indirect interest
Note: Provide details of the circumstances giving rise to the relevant interest.
(including registered holder)
vesting under the Company’s Employee Share Plan Trust.
No. of securities held prior to change
Restricted Stock Units
Note: If consideration is non-cash, provide details and estimated valuation
Value/Consideration

Appendix 3Y
Change of Director’s Interest Notice
On market sale for the purpose of meeting
No. of securities held after change
Restricted Stock Units
Example: on-market trade, off-market trade, exercise of options, issue of securities under dividend reinvestment plan, participation in buy- back
Nature of change
taxation obligation as a result of previous vesting of RSUs
Part 2 – Change of director’s interests in contracts
Note: In the case of a company, interests which come within paragraph (ii) of the definition of “notifiable interest of a director” should be disclosed in this part.
Detail of contract N/A Nature of interest N/A
Name of registered holder N/A (if issued securities)
Date of change N/A N/A
No. and class of securities to which
Note: Details are only required for a contract in relation to which the interest has changed
interest related prior to change
Interest acquired N/A
Interest disposed N/A
Value/Consideration N/A Note: If consideration is non-cash, provide details
and an estimated valuation
Interest after change N/A Part 3 – +Closed period
Were the interests in the securities or contracts detailed N/A above traded during a +closed period where prior written clearance was required?
If so, was prior written clearance provided to allow the trade N/A to proceed during this period?
If prior written clearance was provided, on what date was this N/A provided?
+ See chapter 19 for defined terms. Appendix 3Y Page 2
01/01/2011

Reactions: 7 users
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sc...-objects-in-the-sky-and-its-a-big-problem/amp

Sorry if already posted, saying BlueWalker 3 a recently launched satellite is now one of the brightest objects in the sky, which means that all but the brightest stars can now be outshone by the satellite's glare, according to the International Astronomical Union Center for the Protection of the Dark and Quiet Sky from Satellite Constellation Interference (IAU CPS). 'It's like exactly what astronomers don't want" astronomer Meredith Rawls, from the University of Washington in Seattle, told Science. 'It'll show up as a super bright streak in images and potentially saturate camera detectors at observatories."

Could Prophesee and Akida solve this issue?
BlueWalker 3, that´s AST SpaceMobile... Ok, not currently invested in them, I want to get closer to commercialization, but this could be a show stopper (either loss of license or light pollution).

mkm109

Regular
Information or documents not available now must be given to ASX as soon as available. Information and documents given to ASX become ASX’s property and may be made public.
Introduced 30/09/01 Amended 01/01/11
Name of entity Brainchip Holdings Ltd ABN 64 151 159 812
We (the entity) give ASX the following information under listing rule 3.19A.2 and as agent for the director for the purposes of section 205G of the Corporations Act.
Rule 3.19A.2
Name of Director Sean Hehir
Date of last notice 30 November 2022
Part 1 - Change of director’s relevant interests in securities
In the case of a trust, this includes interests in the trust made available by the responsible entity of the trust
Note: In the case of a company, interests which come within paragraph (i) of the definition of “notifiable interest of a director” should be
disclosed in this part.
Direct and Indirect
Mr Hehir is a beneficial holder of shares on
01 December 2022
Nil.
917,025 Fully Paid Ordinary Shares Between $0.725 and $0.765 per trade.
Appendix 3Y Page 1
Direct or indirect interest
Date of change
Class
Number acquired Number disposed
+ See chapter 19 for defined terms. 01/01/2011
Nature of indirect interest
Note: Provide details of the circumstances giving rise to the relevant interest.
(including registered holder)
vesting under the Company’s Employee Share Plan Trust.
No. of securities held prior to change
Restricted Stock Units
Note: If consideration is non-cash, provide details and estimated valuation
Value/Consideration

Appendix 3Y
Change of Director’s Interest Notice
On market sale for the purpose of meeting
No. of securities held after change
Restricted Stock Units
Example: on-market trade, off-market trade, exercise of options, issue of securities under dividend reinvestment plan, participation in buy- back
Nature of change
taxation obligation as a result of previous vesting of RSUs
Part 2 – Change of director’s interests in contracts
Note: In the case of a company, interests which come within paragraph (ii) of the definition of “notifiable interest of a director” should be disclosed in this part.
Detail of contract N/A Nature of interest N/A
Name of registered holder N/A (if issued securities)
Date of change N/A N/A
No. and class of securities to which
Note: Details are only required for a contract in relation to which the interest has changed
interest related prior to change
Interest acquired N/A
Interest disposed N/A
Value/Consideration N/A Note: If consideration is non-cash, provide details
and an estimated valuation
Interest after change N/A Part 3 – +Closed period
Were the interests in the securities or contracts detailed N/A above traded during a +closed period where prior written clearance was required?
If so, was prior written clearance provided to allow the trade N/A to proceed during this period?
If prior written clearance was provided, on what date was this N/A provided?
+ See chapter 19 for defined terms. Appendix 3Y Page 2
01/01/2011

Nature of change
taxation obligation as a result of previous vesting of RSUs” BRN sold 900k+ shares to cover tax implications of the 2000k shares

Reactions: 7 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Looking forward to the MF article... :rolleyes:

Why the Brainchip CEO is selling out!

It's no coincidence that Motley Fool and Mother Fuckers have the same initials.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

MrNick

Regular

Nature of change
taxation obligation as a result of previous vesting of RSUs” BRN sold 900k+ shares to cover tax implications of the 2000k shares
It's a good job the 1000 eyes have their brainchips in this morning. MF'ers getting fake news as per...

Reactions: 1 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Announcement but not what we were after 😞
"On market sale for the purpose of meeting taxation obligation as a result of previous vesting of RSUs"

Nothing to be sad about.
We knew this was coming.
Nothing to see here, just a bit of ordinary housekeeping.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

MrNick

Regular
"On market sale for the purpose of meeting taxation obligation as a result of previous vesting of RSUs"

Nothing to be sad about.
We knew this was coming.
Nothing to see here, just a bit of ordinary housekeeping.

• Haha
Yes, even now when you enter "Brainchip" into the search engine, you have to sift through a sea of dystopian posts about "Brain Chip". Hence why I always start my searches in Google with "Brainchip -elon -neuralink".
Not to mention how confusing it would get if Elon incorporated our Brainchip into his Brain Chip... or how frightening the prospect of a monkey uprising!
I have not been experiencing this problem. I thought would try a Google search and it took 7 pages of Brainchip entries before the first Musk one popped up. Must be the way I type. Anyway the exercise was not wasted as I found the following link which is now one to be kept an eye on by the 1,000 eyes in case anything interesting comes up covering heavy rail and Loyal Wingman in the future:

BrainChip - Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre​

https://www.amgc.org.au › members › brainchip

The Akida™ neuromorphic processor from BrainChip is a versatile neuromorphic processor chip that can be used in a vast variety of sensor classification"

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Looking forward to the MF article... :rolleyes:

Why the Brainchip CEO is selling out!

It's no coincidence that Motley Fool and Mother Fuckers have the same initials.
Apparently at least some "Fools" are long on BRN.

They disclose no supposed short positions on the Co.

Global / US site:

Other Positions Held by 10 or Fewer Fools

1669946290941.png

Aus site:

Other Long Positions Held by 2 or Fewer Fools

1669946376999.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
I stumbled upon this article explaining neuromorphic AI:
"Combined with the high costs and complexity of the technology, the accuracy issue leads many to prefer traditional software."

"Neuromorphic computing software has not caught up with the hardware."

"Neuromorphic computers aren't available to nonexperts. Software developers have not yet created application programming interfaces, programming models and languages to make neuromorphic computers more widely available."

So I felt compelled to write to the guy:

Dear Nick Barney,

It´s always nice to see somebody explaining neuromorphic computing and I think it´s very relevant. Conventional AI models are hitting a brick wall of exponential increasing needs of processing power, that neuromorphic computing can solve. Also considering our environment, neuromorphic computing is a much more future proof solution.

I believe that you´re not aware of a fully working and commercially available neuromorphic chip called Akida from Brainchip. It has a working IDE and can accept existing DNN models. There´s even an Akida 2 on the horizon.

It will be sold primarily as IP licenses for a few dollars for a complete chip and can be licensed as IP blocks for individual parts of the design, but can also be purchased as a a PCIe board, a Shuttle computer or a Raspberry Pi kit:

Further amongst the very compelling advantages of Akida is the one-shot-learning on device, I´m not aware of any other system that can do this.

Brainchip contracts with MegaChips and Rensas, further they are recently incorporated into the ARM ecosystem. It´s already integrated into several prototypes, one of them is the new Mercedes Vision EQXX, but you can study the included chart.

So neuromorphic computing is in production, available, powerful and being adopted by the market place.

Best regards,
Frederik Grøn Schack

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 53 users

Vojnovic

Regular
I have not been experiencing this problem. I thought would try a Google search and it took 7 pages of Brainchip entries before the first Musk one popped up. Must be the way I type. Anyway the exercise was not wasted as I found the following link which is now one to be kept an eye on by the 1,000 eyes in case anything interesting comes up covering heavy rail and Loyal Wingman in the future:

BrainChip - Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre

https://www.amgc.org.au › members › brainchip

The Akida™ neuromorphic processor from BrainChip is a versatile neuromorphic processor chip that can be used in a vast variety of sensor classification"

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
It does if you filter by "past hour". Then, all you see is monkeys. 🙈
Glad to hear it wasn't a wasted exercise - a great find indeed! Coincidentally, I was just working on the IP section in an MoU that talked about "Serendipitous Discovery" :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Top Bottom