BRN Discussion Ongoing

On relection I am still puzzled as to why Edge Impulse have Akida at the high only when we know it can operate at ultra low power. I would have thought the arrow for Brainchip should cover the whole spectrum.
I would be careful not to loose sight of the fact that Edge Impulse is a separate corporate entity with existing commercial relationships which could tie them to promote another companies product in a particular market sector.

We also do not know the full commercial terms of the other commercial relationships between Brainchip and its other partners where they may have been given certain rights regarding promoting of AKIDA use cases.

As a corporate entity MegaChips is promoting AKIDA across all use cases at the Edge and has said they will probably move to producing an ‘AKIDA’ powered chip so they have an off the shelf solution for less technologically able customers who do not want to produce their own chips with AKIDA or anyone else’s IP.

I am not sure what the actual concern could be Edge Impulse is describing what AKIDA can do as the stuff of Science Fiction and comparing AKIDA favourably to GPUs. They clearly have a target market that they are selling AKIDA into And as we know from that same presentation they have already achieved at least one commercial engagement following their approach.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users

mrgds

Regular

Attachments

• Screenshot (54).png
    Screenshot (54).png
    304.4 KB · Views: 120
  • Thinking
Reactions: 5 users
Rise i think he might have been referring to lex555 post
I have been minding our grandchild all day does someone have an actual link to the detail behind this screenshot?
Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 2 users

Slade

Top 20
I have been minding our grandchild all day does someone have an actual link to the detail behind this screenshot?
Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Slade

Top 20
I don't know what I am watching but its disturbing me to watch a audience clapping a monkey that can charge its own brain chip implant. I'm feeling for the monkey.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Moonshot

Regular
I don't know what I am watching but its disturbing me to watch a audience clapping a monkey that can charge its own brain chip implant. I'm feeling for the monkey.
Can’t see where it mentions SNN either

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Go to around the 1 hr 39 min mark I think. I can't find the reference also. Going to have a Chiko roll and a beer then take another look.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

Many thanks @Slade

I do not believe it is using AKIDA and base this on the answer to the question almost at the end regarding issues with bandwidth using Bluetooth wireless.

But what would a retired lawyer know it is a very beyond my pay grade technology discussion.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 8 users
I would be careful not to loose sight of the fact that Edge Impulse is a separate corporate entity with existing commercial relationships which could tie them to promote another companies product in a particular market sector.

We also do not know the full commercial terms of the other commercial relationships between Brainchip and its other partners where they may have been given certain rights regarding promoting of AKIDA use cases.

As a corporate entity MegaChips is promoting AKIDA across all use cases at the Edge and has said they will probably move to producing an ‘AKIDA’ powered chip so they have an off the shelf solution for less technologically able customers who do not want to produce their own chips with AKIDA or anyone else’s IP.

I am not sure what the actual concern could be Edge Impulse is describing what AKIDA can do as the stuff of Science Fiction and comparing AKIDA favourably to GPUs. They clearly have a target market that they are selling AKIDA into And as we know from that same presentation they have already achieved at least one commercial engagement following their approach.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
That all makes sense @Fact Finder thank you. I think my enthusiasm for Brainchip as the answer to everything needs to be tempered with some commercial realities 😂 You are quite right each business they partner with has their own business strategies that they are trying to implement.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

McHale

Regular
Everyone has their own opinion on this and that's cool. I still stand by what I've said. Hey, maybe I'm a glass half full type of person, haha.

I have full confidence in whatever decisions Brainchip are making. This is no different.

The Brainchip management team are no slouches. They're not going to give away 2 million shares away that easily.

If they at all noticed any signs of their CEO under-performing or even doing any dodgy stuff, I'm sure the company would have thought twice before making this decision. They could also have possibly made the move in firing him before his one year was up.

If Brainchip believe Sean is doing a good job and their agreement still stands, then I'm with them here and happy as well 😁
The Brainchip Board would have had a very good fix on what range Sean's salary value would be, Silicon Valley is a big community, but it is networked and integrated in a way few other locations or industries are. Being on the Board of an organization such as Silicon Valley Executive Network carries a certain amount of gravitas and currency, and Sean has strong industry experience

So on the face of it the Board would also appear to be comfortable with what Sean is performing and achieving. After all, BRN's Employee Share Plan Trust is an "incentive plan", which would be among a number of important factors needed for BRN to attract high calibre staff, at a lower wage than said staff might get at a bigger competitor.

I think a big benefit of this approach, is the fact that the Board and Exec Mngmt get to see how new staff are engaging, and if your high calibre staff is not performing to certain KPI's, well then other options would need to be explored, however BRN appear to be comfortable with where things stand.

When looked at in retrospect, the last twelve months has seen significant advancements made in the business, one of these in particular is with regard to high quality and strong capability of staff. Some big hires have been made, the number was said by Sean (I believe) to be around 100 by end of 2022, BRN must be getting close to that mark, and that stands to hold BRN in good stead.

The 11th hour of 2022 is done, wouldn't it be just grand, if ol' Seano came up with something really bonza mate, December is OK with me - even January would be alright, ........but in the meantime, I eagerly (and very patiently) await explosive growth. I'm on the bus too, it has been a bit of a magical mystery tour, but I'm not losing my religion, and will continue to clutch tightly onto my BRN shares. It all just makes me feel a bit sore in the head sometimes, maybe a Bex ?

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 46 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
Many thanks @Slade

I do not believe it is using AKIDA and base this on the answer to the question almost at the end regarding issues with bandwidth using Bluetooth wireless.

But what would a retired lawyer know it is a very beyond my pay grade technology discussion.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

1:39:00 - power consumption

Extremely interesting.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Extremely interesting.

It’s 32 milli watts not 32 uni watts and they get to this level after preprocessing of the signal to remove noise so that it can identify the first spike.

They then use compression to fit the out puts into the bandwidth available on Bluetooth wireless network.

I am not convinced but who knows and they are years away from a commercial product because finding the people willing to have holes drilled in their heads is not going to be as easy as buying monkeys.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20

Extremely interesting.

Is it worth asking Brainchip directly for their views on this? If it's not us, does it cross over any of our patents?

wilzy123

Founding Member
finding the people willing to have holes drilled in their heads is not going to be as easy as buying monkeys

Sounds like TMH shareholders after today's announcement

• Haha

Terroni2105

Founding Member
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 66 users

Diogenese

Top 20
It’s 32 milli watts not 32 uni watts and they get to this level after preprocessing of the signal to remove noise so that it can identify the first spike.

They then use compression to fit the out puts into the bandwidth available on Bluetooth wireless network.

I am not convinced but who knows and they are years away from a commercial product because finding the people willing to have holes drilled in their heads is not going to be as easy as buying monkeys.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I have no comment to make, because when I referred to The Fantastic Voyage while engaged in hostilities with PMF at another place, I got moderated for up-ramping.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Gies

Regular
Did everyone know that Senior Vice President at Qualcomm, Leendert van Doorn, is also Adjunct Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering at our favorite university, Carnegie Mellon University.

https://blog.paramecium.org/about/

https://www.ece.cmu.edu/directory/bios/vandoorn-leendert.html

and the Electrical Computer Engineering department is the department that hosts the BrainChip university Accelerator AI Program.

hmmmm juicy ;) dot dot dot
And they all drink a Heineken at the bar and speak Dutch to each other.
They probably all came drum the TU in Delft what is a little town in Holland with only technical studies.
Everybody who studied there knows each other. The world is very small. I recon that Peter is also from Delft. Jan Jongboom from Edge Impuls probably as well

• Fire
  • Love

Dallas

Regular
Abgesehen vom freihändigen Fahren zielt das Fahrer-Notfall-Assistenzsystem von Honda darauf ab, Fahrer zu unterstützen, die handlungsunfähig werden. Es verwendet eine Kamera, um den Fahrer zu überwachen und zu sehen, ob seine Augen geöffnet sind und ob sein Kopf oben ist.

Wenn der Fahrer handlungsunfähig wird, hält das System das Auto in der Mitte seiner Fahrspur, während es gleichzeitig akustische und visuelle Warnungen ausgibt, um die Aufmerksamkeit des Fahrers auf sich zu ziehen. Reagiert der Fahrer nicht, werden die Warnungen lauter und das Gaspedal wird deaktiviert, um ein plötzliches, unbeabsichtigtes Beschleunigen zu verhindern, falls der Fahrer panisch reagiert. Wenn dies die Aufmerksamkeit des Fahrers nicht erregt, werden die Hupe und die Warnblinkanlage des Fahrzeugs aktiviert, wenn das Fahrzeug langsam zum Stillstand kommt. Das System kann auch Rettungskräfte anrufen, da der fahrunfähige Fahrer einen medizinischen Notfall wie einen Herzinfarkt oder Schlaganfall erleiden könnte.

Um beim Thema Sicherheit zu bleiben, gibt es den Ausstiegsalarm, der Fahrzeuge und Radfahrer erkennt, die sich von hinten nähern, wenn das Fahrzeug geparkt ist. Eine Anzeige leuchtet auf, um die Insassen zu warnen, und wenn sie versehentlich die Tür öffnen, blinkt die Anzeige und ein akustischer Alarm ertönt.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

Dallas

Regular

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users
Top Bottom